Valkyrja
Sushi Master
timzink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Abramovich
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

David Alaba appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Alaba appreciation thread

Post by Lucifer Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Seems legit

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

David Alaba appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: David Alaba appreciation thread

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:51 pm

I understand completely what he was trying to do, which was the correct thing if he and the goalkeeper were on the same wavelength. Very careless though.

Anyway, Barca should buy him
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Alaba has been awful every time I've watched Bayern in CL this season.

I've no idea how he's doing in Bundesfodder but he's absolutely scrubbing it hard in CL. Shadow of the player that could have been best LB in the world.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 pm

He can't be the best LB in the world because he plays at the same time with the best offensive left back of all times Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:37 pm

key phrase 'could have been'. He showed great potential at one point and then no progression.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:01 am

Done dealio free transfer to Madrid
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:11 am

cant believe he's still only 28

guy peaked years ago though, nothing signing IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:14 am

Barca still in the mix according to Alaba's father hmm

Makes no sense since his wages are high and he's already washed up, if Madrid bring him in to replace Ramos then good luck
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:41 pm

If we bring him in to replace freaking Ramos, everyone involved in that decision should hand in their notice

Would be Ronaldo to Hazard all over again
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm

We didn’t sign Hazard the same summer as CR left, so that’s a poor example. Also, signing Hazard was a very good signing, how he played after we signed him is another issue.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:47 pm

Alaba has been a fantastic player for Bayern for a decade, he is synonymous with a period of great success and with an immensely likeable, lively and well functioning footballing team.

It's debatable whether the club could or should have accommodated his demands in order to extend his stay, hard to say without knowing all the facts. Usually, he is the kind of player, on and off the pitch, in the fabric of the team, that you should not lose under any circumstances.
But with the kind of wage sum in play that is reported now, it might be justifiable, maybe even inevitable, to let him go. And maybe him hiring Zahavi was an unmistakable signal he was aiming to move, anyway.

It's sad to see him leave, but all that's left to do is to wish him all the best, to thank him for a wonderful time, and to congratulate Real on an awesome player that is a significant upgrade on everyone they have in the relevant positions.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:55 pm

Alaba wasn’t signed to replace Ramos! Also there is no way Ramos doesn’t renew.

He was signed
A) as a quality player available for free.
B) he steps into squad as #3 CB ahead of Militao and Nacho. He will put pressure on Varane, if he does remain with club.
C) he is also a quality option at LB, and that he is probably replacing Marcelo in squad numbers and he will put pressure on Mendy.
D) he is also a quality option at DM which will put pressure on Casemiro or offer a well needed backup for Casemiro.

Bottom line, he will find himself in starting lineup, and his versatility gives Zidane lots of options. A lot depends on who comes back plus who comes in. There are question marks re Ramos (although I suspect all will be resolved), Varane, Lucas re renewals plus Odriozola, Militao, Marcelo re performance. And all this in mind that defense is the least of our worries.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:17 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:We didn’t sign Hazard the same summer as CR left, so that’s a poor example. Also, signing Hazard was a very good signing, how he played after we signed him is another issue.

130+m for an unfit player on the last year of his contract. It wasn't a very good signing.

Alaba will be though.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:46 am

We signed one of the better players of the premier league. It’s disappointing how it turned out but I don’t think it was a bad transfer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:01 pm

If only half of GL didn't warn you he was not worth it Laughing

(Not me though, I rated him and have since been proven wrong)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:02 pm

Madrid didn't have a choice. They lost their best player and had to replace him with someone. And even though Hazard is not even remotely close to Ronaldo's level, he was the best attainable player in the market at the time.

I do agree with rincon though that his price was very steep considering his age and his contractual situation at the time. And I also agree that so far he has been nothing but a bitter disappointment at Madrid.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:06 pm

Hazard was a good transfer, the only thing bizarre was the high transfer sum.
It's unlucky he's been fit so rarely, and he will add massive quality to Madrid when he's playing regularly and gaining some form and chemistry.

But then, about the transfer sum, as I also said at the time, maybe that's just Madrid style, if they make a big signing, it's supposed to be big, not waiting to get a discount like we do at Bayern.
I can respect that, and it also protects the player from a fate like Oedegaard's. A high transfer sum is leverage.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:If only half of GL didn't warn you he was not worth it Laughing

if we go by what half of GL thinks, no manager could line up 11 players in their team lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:16 pm

Hazard the player was surely a fine bet, but on evaluating a transfer the fee can't be ignored imo. Far too high. If he wasn't flopping to this degree, Chelsea would even get up to 160m. For a player that was on the last year of his contract.

It's not like Hazard was a phenomenon to that degree where you would have to pay so much either, his laid back approach to football always kept him from being even better and that wasn't going to change.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:58 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Madrid didn't have a choice. They lost their best player and had to replace him with someone. And even though Hazard is not even remotely close to Ronaldo's level, he was the best attainable player in the market at the time..
that is the terrible kind of logic that ended up with Dembélé at barca for near the same amount of money.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:If only half of GL didn't warn you he was not worth it Laughing

if we go by what half of GL thinks, no manager could line up 11 players in their team lol
fair enough Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:23 pm

In our premface defense, we were unanimously vocal about Hazard flopping.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Madrid didn't have a choice. They lost their best player and had to replace him with someone. And even though Hazard is not even remotely close to Ronaldo's level, he was the best attainable player in the market at the time..
that is the terrible kind of logic that ended up with Dembélé at barca for near the same amount of money.

Not really. Hazard is (or at least was) an established elite player in his prime when he moved to Madrid. Dembélé wasn't even old enough to drink in the US when he moved to Barça.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Hazard has sucked, good lord. I am annoyed when I see his name now. I’m just relieved he has one more season and he is gone, that’s all I have. When PSG are in panic about losing Mbappe and maybe Neymar, they can have it anytime, even this summer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Hazard has sucked, good lord. I am annoyed when I see his name now. I’m just relieved he has one more season and he is gone, that’s all I have. When PSG are in panic about losing Mbappe and maybe Neymar, they can have it anytime, even this summer

Should of listened to the PL lads.

His best performance in the PL came against a City team playing Demichelis at DM ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next