Juveman17
Tomwin Lannister
REWB
Firenze
Swanhends
44 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 Empty Re: Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship

Post by che Tue May 07, 2013 9:32 pm

timzink wrote:I dont understand what the problem is in taking pride in your clubs financial position, if as an individual fan thats what you take pride in, whose business is it for other people to tell you that trophies are better ? Sure, as a fan you dont get any of the money, but as a fan, you are attracted to all facets of a club, history, trophies, etc, and surely financial muscle should be considered as a valid reason too . I honestly dont see what the problem is .

yea... i bet in 20 years nobody will remember bayern's dominance, barcelona's excellent team or man utd bulldozing the domestic league, but arsenal's fiscal responsibility will be the stuff of legend

"sit down little timmy, i'm going to tell you the tale of the great 2013/14 season of a pretax profit of 18.7 million pounds and a 23% payroll decrease"

football clubs exist to win trophies, or at least attempt to do so, and when you're a small club small trophies are all you can aspire to

In my opinion, I would rather be part of a club that though is trophyless helps alot of good causes, than one with lots of trophiies that doesnt have as much of an impact on the local community .

again, you seem to not understand the purpose of sports teams... it's to win, if you support charitable intentions over trophy runs go buy a red cross jersey

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 Empty Re: Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship

Post by Art Morte Tue May 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Wigan losing 2 - 3 at home to Swansea who haven't won in Jack-Black-knows-for-how-long. They deserve to go down with this sort of defensive performance and maybe that's Roberto Martinez's weak point; thinking too much about your midfield and attack and failing to get in some defenders who win you points that keep you in the league.

Anyway, just merge the other two threads with this or someone start The Thread for the Premier League run-in, it's getting ridiculous if the discuss that in three separate threads.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 Empty Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Disgraceful defensive performance :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 07, 2013 9:44 pm

Wouldn't find a worse defensive performance at a local kickabout. Shambolic.

Hope they nick the FA Cup on their way down though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Wigan threads merged. One should be sufficient.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm

I actually feel disgusted, as a football fan, that you concede three so bad goals in a game of this magnitude, at this level. Disgusted. I sort of wanted them to escape relegation once again just because it makes for such a good story, but after watching them being that laughable in defence I wish them good riddance.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Shocking defending.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 07, 2013 9:48 pm

I called them getting relegated. Gonna go dig out the posts Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Gutted. Genuinely gutted for them.

Looks like their luck has finally run out.

This is may be me clutching at straws, but Wigan can still beat Arsenal and Villa, while Norwich can lose both of their remaining matches, and survive the drop?

I have hope they can do it.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 ByeBitchSnowWhite

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 FYq7M

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 Tumblr_ml9iocYhg21ribnwko1_400

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 Tumblr_mj2bm3a0wg1s31chko1_500

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_ml0fh28T7C1qz4rgp
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 pm

che wrote:
timzink wrote:I dont understand what the problem is in taking pride in your clubs financial position, if as an individual fan thats what you take pride in, whose business is it for other people to tell you that trophies are better ? Sure, as a fan you dont get any of the money, but as a fan, you are attracted to all facets of a club, history, trophies, etc, and surely financial muscle should be considered as a valid reason too . I honestly dont see what the problem is .

yea... i bet in 20 years nobody will remember bayern's dominance, barcelona's excellent team or man utd bulldozing the domestic league, but arsenal's fiscal responsibility will be the stuff of legend

"sit down little timmy, i'm going to tell you the tale of the great 2013/14 season of a pretax profit of 18.7 million pounds and a 23% payroll decrease"

football clubs exist to win trophies, or at least attempt to do so, and when you're a small club small trophies are all you can aspire to

In my opinion, I would rather be part of a club that though is trophyless helps alot of good causes, than one with lots of trophiies that doesnt have as much of an impact on the local community .

again, you seem to not understand the purpose of sports teams... it's to win, if you support charitable intentions over trophy runs go buy a red cross jersey

You cant tell me, as a valencia fan, that you dont miss the days when you were in decent financial health . Obviously the more succcesful you are in terms of trophies the greater the likelihood is that your club will be in good financial health .

I will retirate that if i were a wigan fan i would prefer to win a trophy

timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 am

Wigan relegating?? rofl

Wouldn't be Wigan if they didn't leave it all on the line with 2 games left, down 3 points to Newcastle, who don't belong to be in the PL if they're just above Wigans ffs and same for Norwich,, tbf they should all be relegated.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 08, 2013 12:09 am

A win would have been huge tonight but bad defending cost them. They'll need something special now but the fat lady hasn't started singing yet.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 08, 2013 12:32 am

RealGunner wrote:EPL all day err day

FA cup won't give them the money staying in the PL will.

I think my post came out in a wrong way. I didn't actually mean to say that Money is better than trophies. Maybe as an Arsenal fan i don't see the FA cup as important as a Wigan fan since we have won it 11 times. But i would like to say i don't endorse money over trophies.

I meant to say that staying in the PL would give Wigan more financial strength to improve their squad. Getting relegated would make them weaker and there is no guarantee that they will be back next season. Not many clubs do come back straight away. It is true that they are not going anywhere atm and FA cup would glisten their history but i think staying in the PL and playing in one of the best competitions in the world is equally as good.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 08, 2013 12:41 am

Catracho wrote:Wigan relegating?? rofl

Wouldn't be Wigan if they didn't leave it all on the line with 2 games left, down 3 points to Newcastle, who don't belong to be in the PL if they're just above Wigans ffs and same for Norwich,, tbf they should all be relegated.

Pls stahp and besides we win our next game and we are staying up its physically impossible to go down otherwise as Wigan and Villa play each other.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 am

Mole...what if this result tonight has given Pardew the idea that a draw in QPR will see Newcastle safe (he assumes wigan will surely lose to Arsenal).

I actually think Pariodla thinks this way Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 am

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 4 Jigsaw__s_Puppet__Billy_by_Tailsfan95

"Hello Mr Whelan...............i want to play a game"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 08, 2013 12:48 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:Mole...what if this result tonight has given Pardew the idea that a draw in QPR will see Newcastle safe (he assumes wigan will surely lose to Arsenal).

I actually think Pariodla thinks this way Proud

So do i and i'm shitting it because of it, but i don't think we will go down now anyway.

Wigan had to win tonight IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed May 08, 2013 7:52 am

crazier things have happen mate.. like Wigan beating Arsenal around this time of the year.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu May 09, 2013 12:25 am

Sorry, with that Goal Differential, I wouldn't feel safe as a Toon until the season was completely over.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 09, 2013 12:48 am

Motogp69 wrote:Sorry, with that Goal Differential, I wouldn't feel safe as a Toon until the season was completely over.

We win this weekend we are safe.... no way Wigan, Villa, Sunderland and Norwich are all winning on the same weekend.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu May 09, 2013 1:14 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Motogp69 wrote:Sorry, with that Goal Differential, I wouldn't feel safe as a Toon until the season was completely over.

We win this weekend we are safe.... no way Wigan, Villa, Sunderland and Norwich are all winning on the same weekend.

EXTREMELY big if. to be honest

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 09, 2013 1:18 am

True, even so though Wigan need to win if they don't they are f*cked.

Also if Sunderland and/or Norwich or lose and we draw they are close to f*cked too considering they are away to City and Spurs respectively.

A lot of things has to go wrong for us to go down now and i just can't see it and i didn't even include the outcome that we win and Villa lose = mathematical safety irrelevant of what Wigan do.

Wigan losing has saved us IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu May 09, 2013 5:07 am

two games left.. all bets are off m80
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 14, 2013 9:43 pm

It was a good run but I guess not everything lasts forever Sad

Wigan can keep their heads up tbh. They played better football than many other supposedly better teams and they even have a trophy to show for their time in the top flight.

Wigan will be back Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 14, 2013 9:45 pm

don't think we'll see them back in the Premier League again

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next