Juveman17
Tomwin Lannister
REWB
Firenze
Swanhends
44 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 6 Empty Re: Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 15, 2013 1:05 am

thiago silva made a fake moses account so he can remain humble and respectful in the public eye Proud

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 6 Empty Re: Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship

Post by stevieg8 Wed May 15, 2013 1:10 am

Zealous wrote:Yeah, it was Martinez who took Wigan down. Rolling Eyes

Was someone else managing today? I missed that.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 15, 2013 1:11 am

stevieg8 wrote:

Check the highlights then. Smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am

• Bitchslapped the entire Abu Dhabi group at Wembley

• Got Mancini sacked

• Caused Sp*rs to drop 2 points in their last meeting

• Helped us pick up 3 points today

Martinez will always be my hero Proud
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed May 15, 2013 1:21 am

Zealous wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:

Check the highlights then. Smile

Yeah just double checked, you're still wrong. Not to mention that even if you weren't, he still had 36 other games in which to make an impact, and still failed to do so. The number of apologies you make for this man are hilarious, it borders on trolling. I can't even imagine how much crap you'd be giving him if Liverpool HAD hired him last year.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 15, 2013 1:45 am

Yeah, I'm wrong because you don't agree. Even though you probably have very little insight into what happens at Wigan and what Martinez has to work with and has done.

You and other Liverpool peeps have it out for him because he rejected Henry's offer to be coach because he wanted more control. Also me calling him Batman and Rodgers Robin seems to have gotten sand in your collective panties.

So by all means hate on Martinez all you want but the only thing that's hilarious is Enigma and Aggerswagger (stupid name since Agger clearly has none with all those disgusting tattoos) pretend to rate worthless bums like Steve Bruce over genuine football managers like Roberto.

Wigan's only goal is survival, they are not a club that will grow to anything besides bottom table finishes. Despite that Roberto has set up a football system there and rebuilt the club from the top down. Now Wigan have a good academy, they'll be able to depend on in the future thanks in no small part to him. He did the same at Swansea and look where they are now.

They got relegated and that sucks but towards the end of the season he only had one semi-fit out and out CB so it was as make shift as make shift got. Overall they took a number of scalps and gave a lot of teams some scars over the years. They'll have memories of great wins against much bigger, richer teams outplaying them in the process and they'll have a cup to hold the tears that will be shed this summer. Martinez has done a great job at Wigan, ask anyone who watches Wigan regularly what they think of him, I dare you to find anyone who has a negative opinion.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by paddy Wed May 15, 2013 3:19 am

The Cup is a far greater achievement for a club like Wigan. It's history, it cannot be unwritten. It's a memory that will last lifetimes. Who remembers what teams were relegated 4/5 years ago? To think that finishing 17th in the league is better than winning the FA Cup, for a small town club, is an extremely short-termist view

paddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed May 15, 2013 7:10 am

I'm not disagreeing with you on there being outside factors that influenced the situation at Wigan. Martinez had quite a job to do, and there are many positive things to take from his time in charge. I'm simply pointing out that you make excuses for his failures. You say that Wigan's goal was simply to stay up, so we shouldn't slate his consistent sub-15th finishes. I respond that HE STILL FAILED IN THAT GOAL THIS YEAR. For all the different factors involved - access to money, ambition of owners, injuries - a relegation is still on his record. Talking about how amazing of a manager he is while completely ignoring the role he played in seeing a team finish in the bottom 3 - with some decent players at his disposal - is disingenuous. The fact is he is a manager who presided over a team with one of the worst defensive records in the league, not to mention their inadequacies from set plays, which he should have a direct impact on. He set up a great academy, got a few good memories and games out of his players, and won a cup, but he also got relegated. Stop trying to ignore the bad.

Personally, I think you make these excuses and paper over his role in the relegation because you enjoy trolling Liverpool fans. I genuinely think that if Liverpool had hired him instead of BR last year, you'd be talking about how much better of a manager BR is and how Liverpool should regret they signed Martinez. But that's just speculation; maybe you genuinely are that dissonant in your manner of thinking. I don't really know. Either way, don't act like I'm saying anything that crazy.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 15, 2013 8:40 am

Wigan's best chance to come back up is next season if they can keep some of the better players. They aren't a rich club and I'm expecting them wither away in a couple of years time unless they bounce straight back up, but I doubt it.

Will be interesting to see whether Martinez stays or not.
Also a few of their players will attract interest, Maloney, Kone, McManaman, Al Habsi.

By the way, I think Wigan's first three games next season will be a Championship fixture, a Europa League qualifier and the Community Shield game eco smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Wigan don't have to play any qualifiers by virtue of being Cup champions. They go straight into the groups if I'm not mistaken.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Wonder how they will manage 46 championship matches, CC, FA Cup and the EL.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 pm

stevieg8 wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you on there being outside factors that influenced the situation at Wigan. Martinez had quite a job to do, and there are many positive things to take from his time in charge. I'm simply pointing out that you make excuses for his failures. You say that Wigan's goal was simply to stay up, so we shouldn't slate his consistent sub-15th finishes. I respond that HE STILL FAILED IN THAT GOAL THIS YEAR. For all the different factors involved - access to money, ambition of owners, injuries - a relegation is still on his record. Talking about how amazing of a manager he is while completely ignoring the role he played in seeing a team finish in the bottom 3 - with some decent players at his disposal - is disingenuous. The fact is he is a manager who presided over a team with one of the worst defensive records in the league, not to mention their inadequacies from set plays, which he should have a direct impact on. He set up a great academy, got a few good memories and games out of his players, and won a cup, but he also got relegated. Stop trying to ignore the bad.

Not going to disagree, the bad is there but the good very much outweighs it overall. Considering Wigan lost their best player EVERY SUMMER without fail it was only going to be a matter of time before they went down anyway.

You don't blame life support when a terminally ill patient dies.

stevieg8 wrote:Personally, I think you make these excuses and paper over his role in the relegation because you enjoy trolling Liverpool fans. I genuinely think that if Liverpool had hired him instead of BR last year, you'd be talking about how much better of a manager BR is and how Liverpool should regret they signed Martinez. But that's just speculation; maybe you genuinely are that dissonant in your manner of thinking. I don't really know. Either way, don't act like I'm saying anything that crazy.

I couldn't care less about Liverpool and if it seems like I have some sort of agenda against Liverpool then I assure you, I really don't have anything against them. Give me some credit here, if Martinez had gone to Liverpool I'd be saying the same thing. Martinez is a very good manager. That is my opinion and it's not born out of "trolling".

You're suggesting that Martinez took Wigan down. That's not the case at all and I strongly disagree.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed May 15, 2013 9:03 pm

All reasonable responses. Agree to disagree on Martinez's role in this, I guess. I'm sorry I accused you of trolling.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Their defeat to Swansea is what cost them. They were the makers of their downfall. Stupid defensive errors v Swansea and Spurs, not being able to beat a 10 man QPR team.

On their day, they can beat anyone and they played some of the best football in the league. The FA cup win will cushion the blow.

Can't see them bouncing straight back up. Martinez will most likely be snapped up by Everton or a La Liga team. Kone, Maloney, Mcmanaman will all be heading to BPL teams I'd imagine.

Goodbye, Wigan. 2005-2013 Neutral
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue May 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Martinez has left, Wigan are in trouble.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Goodbye Everton, have fun in the Championship
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue May 28, 2013 3:41 pm

@OptaJoe: 25% - Of the 47 bosses to manage over 100 PL games for a single club, only two have a lower win ratio than Martinez (25%) at Wigan. Parting.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue May 28, 2013 3:50 pm

I'd like to see the win percentage of those coaches if they had to manage Wigan lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Wigan before Martinez: 31%
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Guess we will find out who is right and who isn't when he manages Everton
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 28, 2013 5:16 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Wigan before Martinez: 31%

Zeal vagi
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 29, 2013 5:05 am

EL Patron wrote:Martinez has left, Wigan are in trouble.

Inevitable promotion.

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Goodbye Everton, have fun in the Championship

Hope not. PL wouldn't be the same without them. Plus, it'd feel weird NOT playing Everton.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:14 pm

According to beeb, Owen Coyle will replace Martinez
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Great choice imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:09 am

Well, looks like Stuart Holden will be loaned to Wigan at some point in the season :coffee:

Goodbye Wigan, have fun in Championship - Page 6 Epl_the_way_we_were_pi_rf_080211_20110802141940923_660_320
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6