tsgooner1
Sri
Ali
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Profiles

Post by Ali Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:03 pm

yes actually they are VERY close friends !

that midfield would be sexy O.o

umm... you guys want JET next ?

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:05 pm

Please do Bartley soon!

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Henri-lansbury Laughing Laughing Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Henri-lansbury Laughing Laughing Laughing

haha it's really hard to tell that that is Lansbury! It's like a whole different player Razz

guys who do you want

Jay Emmanuel Thomas or Kyle Bartley?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Lansbury should be involved a lot next year , man i rate him very very high

Btw Awesome job Ali keep up the good work + i think you should go for Bartley
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:27 am

the Daily Mirror say we're listening to offers for Jay Emmanuel-Thomas in the region of £1m. The attacker has failed to so far live up to expectation at the club and rather send him out on loan again, Wenger is looking to sell according to the newspaper.

Bartley first mate..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:37 pm

JET is slow in fifa anyways I'll do kyle today haha

thanks so much Spider, good to get recognition :king:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 am

guys do you mind if I do Eastmond first ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:13 am

ali8775 wrote:guys do you mind if I do Eastmond first ?

i really hate eastmon, think he sucks so bad. he is the next randell, so no dont do eastmon at all
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:33 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

i really hate eastmon, think he sucks so bad. he is the next randell, so no dont do eastmon at all

really you think he'll be the next MARK RANDALL ?!
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:46 am

ali8775 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

yes
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

yes

oh well, I'm going for Giles Sunu anyway Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:20 am

Cliff Sydney Bastin

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 49502

Was born in Heavitree near Exeter. Bastin started his career at Exeter City, making his debut for the club in 1928, at the age of 16. Despite only playing 17 games and scoring 6 goals in his time at Exeter, he was spotted by Arsenal manager Herbert Chapman in a match against Watford. Ironically, Mr. Chapman wasn't there to see Cliff Bastin, but to keep tabs on a Watford player but was SO impressed by Cliff Bastin, that he signed him in the end of1928-29 season. Oh, and it payed off!

Bastin played the rest of his career at Arsenal, and formed an integral part of the side that dominated English football in the 1930s. He scored an astounding 178 goals in 395 games, which made him Arsenal's all-time top goalscorer from 1939 until 1997, when Ian Wright ( Wright Wright Wright ) broke his record. Again in 2005 after the legendary Thierry Henry broke it again, pushing him (Cliff) down to third place. His record of 150 league goals for Arsenal stood for slightly longer, until it was equalled by Thierry Henry on 14 January 2006 and surpassed on 1 February.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 -Images-b-bastin_cliff

Bastin made his debut against Everton on 5 October 1929 and was immediately a first team regular, making 21 appearances that season. He went on to be a near ever-present in the side over the next decade, playing over 35 matches for every season up to and including 1937-38. His youth earned him the nickname "Boy Bastin", but despite his age Bastin played with coolness that surpassed his age, always calm and composed, add deadly precision in front of goal to the equation he also became Arsenal's regular penalty taker. Now...we all know that 178 goals in 395 games is a remarkable tally, what makes it MORE remarkable is that it came when he played on the LEFT WING! At the time, games played with wingers depended on the winger giving the supply of passes to the center forward but Arsenal, and Boy Bastin, revolutionized the game. Assisted by the legend Alex James, Cliff was near unstoppable.

With Arsenal, Bastin had honors that are gloat-worthy. Winning the FA Cup twice, in 1929-30 and 1935-36, and the First Division title five times, in 1930-31, 1932-33, 1933-34, 1934-35 and 1937-38; by the age of nineteen he had won a League title, FA Cup and been capped for England, making him the youngest player ever to do all three. Bastin also finished as Arsenal top scorer twice (1932–33 and 1933–34, with 33 and 15 respectively). After the legend that is Ted Drake arrived at the club, Bastin was no longer The Gunners number one target man.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 4165458073_564f2383fe

With Drake scoring most of the goals and writing his legacy and Alex James increasingly unavailable due to injury and age, Bastin was moved to inside-forward to replace James for much of the 1935-36 season, in which Bastin scored 17 goals, including six in Arsenal's run to the 1936 FA Cup Final, which they won 1-0. After a stint at right half to cover for Jack Crayston, Bastin was eventually restored to the left wing and scored 17 goals in the 1937-38 title-winning season. An injury to his right leg ruled him out of much of the 1938-39 season, the last one played before the outbreak of World War II.

During his career Bastin also played for England between 1931 and 1938, winning 21 caps and scoring 12 goals his debut coming against Wales at Anfield on 18 November 1931, which England won 3-1. Highlights of his England career included the famous "Battle of Highbury", where England defeated 1934 World Cup winners Italy 3-2, and a notorious match against Germany in Berlin in 1938, when the England team was ordered to give the Nazi salute before the match. The Second World War intervened when Bastin was 27, thus cutting short what should have been the peak of his career. Bastin was excused military service he failed the army hearing test owing to his increasing deafness ( Yes, he was playing through his deafness! ). Thus, during the war, he served as an ARP Warden, being stationed on top of Highbury stadium with Tom Whittaker. He also played matches in the war-time league to boost civilian morale. In 1941, Fascist Italy's propaganda broadcast on Rome Radio, contained a bizarre claim that Bastin had been captured in the Battle of Crete, and was being detained in Italy; the Italians were seemingly unaware that Bastin was deaf and had been excused service !

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 20051105001505401

Bastin's injured leg had hampered his performances in wartime matches, and would ultimately curtail his career. After the war was over, Bastin, by now in his thirties, would only play seven more times before retiring in January 1947. After retirement, Bastin returned to his native Exeter and ran a pub, he was very much loved at this pub and it was said people would come to the pub just to see the legend . He died in 1991 at the age of 79. A stand at St James Park, Exeter's home ground, is named in his honour and in 2009 he was inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame. Cliff Bastin came at number 18 in the top 50 Greatest Gunners Of All Time ( As voted by the users of Arsenal. Com ). Boy Bastin was very charismatic and very loved, by teammates and opposition alike and just when we thought we would get much more years out of him...It was not to be. We can only thank the legend for all his hard work and amazing skills, and hope that he rests in peace and respect his legacy. Who knows, if Cliff had continued playing...he might'v amassed a goal tally that even Henry and Wright might have struggled to match. R.I.P you great legend and great man.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Article-0-007B454E0000044C-51_468x315
Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 16442
Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 WHgoulden5
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:31 am

Wow.. Ali, my man, you are wonderful and you are seriously amazing bro! What a piece, what a testimony!

These are people who we can only hear about and respect the records of!

Are there any videos of Bastin available??

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:16 pm

Sadly, we don't have any videos on the internet about this great legend Sad hopefully I can get some for my next upcoming legend Very Happy

Thanks so much for the appreciation bro Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Raymond "Ray" Parlour

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Rayparlour2

Ray Parloud was born in Romford, London, England on the 7th of March,1973. He was nicknamed "The Romford Pele" as a joke, because despite all his solid performances , he had a rather unglamorous approach to the game. Parlour was a Gunner for 14 years. He joined as a trainee in 1989, and made his disappointing debut against Liverpool in Anfield on January 29, 1992, where he conceded a penalty in a 2–0 defeat. He wasn't fazed as seven months later, he ran the show when Arsenal reversed the scoreline at the very same stadium. George Graham had faith in The Romford Pele and Parlour fitted perfectly in a midfield that prided itself on grit and hard work. Ray was mainly a rotation player during this time.

Parlour was considered nothing more then a workhorse and when Arsene Wenger arrived at Arsenal, it was thought that it would be the end of The Romford Pele. Now, 15 years later, we see how stupid they all sounded. He properly broke through in 1994–95, and played in Arsenal's European Cup Winners' Cup final loss to Real Zaragoza that season (having been an unused sub in the Gunners' 1–0 triumph over Parma the previous season). He properly broke into the squad in 1996 playing on the right wing or in central midfield (His proper position) for Arsenal; in 1997–98 Arsenal won the Double and Parlour proved was an essential hero. He was man-of-the-match in the Gunners' FA Cup Final win over Newcastle United in that season, providing a great assist to Nicolas Anelka in the 2-0 victory.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Ray-Parlour415

Parlour had much more success with Arsenal, including another double in 2002. Despite this, he was never properly appreciated in the media due to his more high profile teammates. Living in Vieras shadow for most of his time at the club didn't help either. When Raymond wowed the fans, the media could NOT ignore him any longer as perfectly exemplified with his 30 yard SCREAMER against Chelsea which was directly preceded by Tim Lovejoy saying "Don't worry, it's only Ray Parlour". That is undisputedly one of Arsenals greatest moments. Arsenal won 2–0, with the second goal from Fredrik Ljungberg.

In March 2000, he hit an infamous hattrick in a 4–2 away win at Werder Bremen in a UEFA Cup quarter final tie. Arsenal went on to reach the final of the competition that year with Parlour being the only Arsenal player successful from the spot in their shootout defeat to Galatasaray. Seven months later, he followed it up with another hattrick in a 5–0 demolition of Newcastle United at Highbury. In April 2001, he struck a spectacular 30-yard winner as Arsenal beat Valencia 2–1 in the UEFA Champions' League Quarter Final 1st leg tie at Highbury. It is considered one of the best goals in the competition. As more proof that even Arsenal fans under-rate Parlour is that while many Arsenal fans have heard of the great 5-1 smashing against Inter, how many remember that Ray Parlous was the CAPTAIN of that side? Ray Parlour is without a doubt, one of the most under-rated players of his generation.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Gun__1239185014_parlour_valencia

In total, with Arsenal, Parlour won three FA Premier League titles, four FA Cups, one League Cup and one European Cup Winners' Cup having played 464 and scoring 32 goals in all competitions. He is always described as an "unsung hero" and is a fan favorite. Arsenal fans will never forget Rays stamina, his hard work, his remarkable tackling, his finesse with the ball ( In the Wenger era ), and especially, his will to win. Despite leaving in 2004 to Middlesbrough, he left on a high note and will forever be remembered as a legend. Ray was voted as the 19th greatest Arsenal player of all time (As voted by the users of Arsenal.com). Ray is now a pundit on television and on radio stations Talksport and BBC Radio 5 Live. We should all be grateful to Ray for his blood, sweat, and tears.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Ray-parlour-pa_1392837c

Last edited by ali8775 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Great job again Ali Smile I guess it takes a lot of effort to dig all this up, and you are one hell of a gooner to put in all this time and energy for the benefit of the rest of us here!

On Parlour - definitely one of our unsung heroes, god me miss him in our midfield!!

I really hope Lansbury lives up to the hype around him as the successor to Ray in our midfield.. I really do.. I have great expectations from this kid..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:52 pm

srigooner wrote:Great job again Ali Smile I guess it takes a lot of effort to dig all this up, and you are one hell of a gooner to put in all this time and energy for the benefit of the rest of us here!

On Parlour - definitely one of our unsung heroes, god me miss him in our midfield!!

I really hope Lansbury lives up to the hype around him as the successor to Ray in our midfield.. I really do.. I have great expectations from this kid..

haha it does Sad but its worth it in the end Very Happy Very Happy

Parlour really was a special type of player ,and I don't think Lansbury plays in the same way but will rather have the same role as he does, and that is to step in when someone else can't
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:34 am

Lansburry has a good shot and hard work ethic, and i heard wenger will give him a chance this season... Great read on ray
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:03 am

yeah he works really hard, hardly stops running!
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 am

Ian Edward Wright

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 WRIGHTY!

Ian Wright signed for Arsenal in September 1991 for £2.5 million which was at the time an English club record fee. He left a gigantic legacy at Crystal Palace where he left as the post-war high goalscorer and now stands as the third highest! He was also voted as their player of the century. He scored on his debut against Leicester City in a League Cup tie, and then scored a hat-trick on his League debut against Southampton, talk about first impressions! He won the Golden Boot in his first season by scoring 29 league goals, five of which were for Palace, and 31 in all competitions. He scored a hat-trick in the final game of the season against Southampton (must've disliked them); his third goal being the last ever scored in the old First Division.As of 2007, only Wright and Teddy Sheringham have won the top-flight goalscoring award having scored for two different clubs during the season in question.

Wright went on to be the club's top scorer for six seasons in a row !!! He played a major part in the club's success during the 1990s, winning an FA Cup and League Cup double in 1993; he scored in both the FA Cup Final and the replay against Sheffield Wednesday. Wright also helped Arsenal reach the 1994 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Final,but Wright was suspended for the final in which Arsenal beat Parma 1–0. Wright scored in every round but the final of Arsenal's 1995 Cup Winners' Cup campaign,and was just as good in the Premier League. However, dark times were set to approach and the arrival of Bruce Rioch did herald a bleaker time, the two did not get on and eventually Wright handed in a transfer request (which he later retracted). The arrival of Dennis Bergkamp, however, heralded a brief but fruitful striking partnership, and in their first season as a partnership they helped Arsenal finish fifth in the league and qualify for the UEFA Cup (An improvement on 12th!) .

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 1530523

When Arsene Wenger signed, Wright was close to 33 yet was always scoring! (being the second highest Premier League scorer in 1996–97 with 23 goals), and on 13 September 1997 he broke Cliff Bastin's Arsenal goalscoring record with a hat-trick against Bolton Wanderers. A couple of months later he suffered a bad hamstring injury which ruled him out of the club's run-in to a League and Cup Double. Wright was named as a substitute in the cup final against Newcastle United but did not play. Wright scored a total of 185 goals for Arsenal in 279 starts (Wow).His final goal at Highbury came on 4 October 1997 against Barnsley . He scored his final goal for Arsenal on 6 January 1998 in a League Cup quarter-final victory against West Ham United at the Boleyn Ground (Always knew when to scare ay?) . In his absence, Arsenal were eliminated from the League Cup in the semi-final by Chelsea (being one of a few missing important players) , ending their hopes of a unique domestic treble.

Ian Wright is forever loved in the Arsenal community, and is one of the 32 heroes on the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal.com said it best : " Some players are great goalscorers, some are scorers of great goals. Ian was both. " Ian was always up for a challenge, pacey, strong, had lungs like a horse and a work rate that few could challenge, and despite not getting along with a few of his team-mates, he always gave us a 100% when he played. Technically , he was over-shadowed by Bergkamp, but there's very few who wouldn't be. When he retired he entered entertainment and has a relatively successful career. After retirement many people asked him, who do you prefer now that you aren't playing anymore...Arsenal...or Crystal Palace ? He smiled and told them , I'm a Gunner. Despite looking like a slimmer Mike Tyson, Ian played the part of the practical joker in the locker room. He was named as number 4 on Arsenals top 50 Gunners (as voted by the users on Arsenal.com) and was voted as one of the 100 great black Britons.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Ian-wright-1 = Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Mike-Tyson_1
Resemblance?

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Ian-wright-2

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Ian-Wright

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Ian_wright

I couldn't leave without saying this...

IAN WRIGHT WRIGHT WRIGHT!!!!
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Joel Nathaniel Campbell Samuels

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 PA-111541241

Joel Campbell was born in San Jose,Costa Rica on the 26th of June, 1992. Being heralded as the biggest talent since Paulo Wanchope, Joel is looking quite the talent indeed. He joined Arsenal on the 12th of August, 2011 from Deportivo Saprissa. Despite only making 3 appearances for Saprissa, he was sent on loan to Costa Rican side Puntarenas where he witnessed his reputation skyrocket and his legacy start. His greatest moment to date is scoring a glorious hat-trick against Cuba for the U-20 side. He is a full international , scoring 2 goals in 6 games.

Joel was without a doubt, Costa Rica's best player in the Copa America. 2 goals in 3 games can prove testimony to that. Campbell was selected in Costa Rica's squad for the 2009 CONCACAF U-17 Championship, he was the team's highest scorer, scoring two goals in total. He was named in the 2011 CONCACAF U-20 Championship two years later and finished the competition as top scorer with six goals.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 71886d1f568160868a31c111a0d09d5f-1311960627

Campbell has shaken so many defenses of various teams around the world so much that they call him "The Eto'o of Costa Rica." His coach the mustachioed La Volpe has much confidence in him and thinks he's a CRACK! "Is that Messi? Is that Neymar? Gentlemen & journalists, I give you Campbell, who I discovered playing with cans," Lavolpe Richi. Campbell might not be as good as Eto'o yet but has already started breaking records being the first player to play in three tournaments for his national team in one season. JC is versatile and can play on the wings, as an SS and as a CF.

As a player Joel is most likened to Neymar. He has incredible dribbling and most importantly...is not afraid to shoot. He has been praised for his composure in front of goal and his finishing. He is a scorer of breath-taking goals and is a speed merchant , constantly leaving defenders dead in his wake. He is also physically very strong despite his stature, standing at 1.78m and weighing 71 kilos. The black panther, as he is nicknamed in Costa Rica might have difficulties attaining a work permit to come to Arsenal, as he has not met the requirement of playing over 75% of his nationals teams recent games. Hopefully his prolific goal-scoring record might give the Gunners a piece of the puzzle in the future.

Arsenal Profiles - Page 2 Joel-Campbell_616848a

Much thanks to Srigunner who helped me with this profile :king:

Last edited by ali8775 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:27 pm

You are welcome mate Smile Btw, top class profile yet again!

Hope this kid lives up to the expectations.. I think he will Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Great profiles on promising youngsters, gives the Gunners hope for the future. Even if Wenger seems to be sitting on the transfer kitty, he's got something cooking in the youth department
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Truly amazing pieces to make any Gunner proud and put anyone else in awe.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:19 pm

MJGunner wrote:Truly amazing pieces to make any Gunner proud and put anyone else in awe.

thank you , and I agree. I have very big expectations for AOC !
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next