2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

+38
Babun
Madvillain
LeBĂ©ninois
BarcaLearning
jibers
Gil
gondov
RealGunner
Zealous
Ganso
eelir
kiranr
billy_gr
V
barca 2011
halamadrid2
Kick
juventus101
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Sanchez
futbol
messixaviesta
CBarca
Donuts
Adit
windkick
kabarca
danyjr
The Franchise
Harmonica
alexjanosik
neuro11
RedOranje
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
Hawky
BarcaKizz
42 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

Post by RealGunner Sun 26 May 2013, 03:18

Neymar is officially a barcelona player

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc. - Page 8 Empty Re: 2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

Post by The Sanchez Sun 26 May 2013, 03:54

What number is he going to wear with Thiago wearing the No. 11?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 26 May 2013, 05:15

Villa leaving means the 7 is open
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 26 May 2013, 05:25

Villa Sad

I so wish he could stay and retire at Barca, but him leaving is the best for him.

Doesn't make me any less sad Sad

That being said, I do welcome Neymar with open arms. Dude has a lot of haters, and admittedly I disliked him at first (well, a year ago or so) due to the amount of hype given to him, and that I don't care much for flashy tricks...but I've changed my opinion and idk, I've got a good feeling about him, despite what Cruyff may say.

The Sanchez wrote:What number is he going to wear with Thiago wearing the No. 11?

HE BETTER DAMN WELL BE WEARING 11 BY COME NEXT SEASON

You guys don't actually think Thiago would leave, do you? The talk about his clause is worrying me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun 26 May 2013, 05:32

God I hope he doesn't. Isn't it obvious that he has clearly been better than Cesc this season? Cesc would sell for more money than Thiago and less of a trouble in playing him as well...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun 26 May 2013, 07:16

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Don't think his role exists any more... defenders have adapted to him and blocked the space thus leading to the Pedro you see now.

With Messi and Neymar, it should be possible for Pedro to find space between defenders as he used to before. And Pedro's best asset is finishing. He is out of form for now, but atleast he is a proven finisher while Alexis has not shown that. Between the two, i give Pedro the better chance to find form again.

Of course, all this is moot if Deulofeu does well there, provided he is given a chance, but for now, i would like to go with Pedro in the right.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun 26 May 2013, 11:10

If we keep cesc and sell thiago it'll be the dumbest decision since Ibraimobile. I will start hating Tito and Rossell and wish for their demise every matchday (in a footballing sense)

Last edited by gondov on Sun 26 May 2013, 11:25; edited 1 time in total
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun 26 May 2013, 11:19

Does Thiago have the defensive abilities to play in 4-2-3-1 pivot ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun 26 May 2013, 11:29

I have a feeling Neymar will flop hard, even more than Alexis and his diving may even eclipse that of the Chilean.

God luck to him though. :coffee:

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun 26 May 2013, 11:55

Valkyrja wrote:Does Thiago have the defensive abilities to play in 4-2-3-1 pivot ?

In short, yes. Though it restricts his attacking game. He's better with freedom to move vertically.

The real question is... why would you bother doing Thiago-Busquets/Song if you can just play him in the next line?

His defensive skills are pretty good though. Much better than Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun 26 May 2013, 12:26

BarcaKizz wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Does Thiago have the defensive abilities to play in 4-2-3-1 pivot ?

In short, yes. Though it restricts his attacking game. He's better with freedom to move vertically.

The real question is... why would you bother doing Thiago-Busquets/Song if you can just play him in the next line?

His defensive skills are pretty good though. Much better than Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc.

There are rumours that we are going to bid for him, so I was wondering how would he do alongside Khedira and Ozil in the midfield.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 26 May 2013, 14:08

kiranr wrote:

Don't think his role exists any more... defenders have adapted to him and blocked the space thus leading to the Pedro you see now.

With Messi and Neymar, it should be possible for Pedro to find space between defenders as he used to before. And Pedro's best asset is finishing. He is out of form for now, but atleast he is a proven finisher while Alexis has not shown that. Between the two, i give Pedro the better chance to find form again.

Of course, all this is moot if Deulofeu does well there, provided he is given a chance, but for now, i would like to go with Pedro in the right.

He's been out of form for 2 years..... how long will it take for people to realise that defenders have adapted to his strengths and he no longer has an answer?

3 years? 4 years? 5?

Sanchez meanwhile is finishing the season with double digits in goals and assists and finally looking like adapting and performing as well as anyone in 2013.

If anyone should be sold its Pedro ( although i don't think either should be), Sanchez has outperformed him 2 years straight and is showing promise unlike Pedro who shows nothing.

Dat La Masia bias No
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 26 May 2013, 14:26

The Sanchez wrote:What number is he going to wear with Thiago wearing the No. 11?

Probably 11
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun 26 May 2013, 14:26

Cavani
Neymar Messi Alexis/Iniesta
Xavi Busquets

Will never happen of course but a dream of mine.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun 26 May 2013, 14:57

kiranr wrote:
Tbf Ribery has never been lazy, Robben is a masterstroke by Heynckes though not sure how he managed that.

Possible self-motivation considering how it went down last season with Bayern choking it away.

I would sell Alexis and keep Pedro and play him in his old role and not as a "defensive" winger. We all know how lethal he can be.

Wow, then when defenders adapt to Malexis he will still do worse? The nightmare.

Last edited by free_cat on Sun 26 May 2013, 15:07; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun 26 May 2013, 14:59

The Franchise wrote:Don't think Tello, Messi and Neymar works...who plays on the right? None if them excell there.

Deulofeu yes but not only do we not know if he is ready, we know he Tito won't so its a mute point.

I understand we want something drastic and fresh but still.

Tello can play on the right.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun 26 May 2013, 15:06

kiranr wrote:

He's been out of form for 2 years..... how long will it take for people to realise that defenders have adapted to his strengths and he no longer has an answer?

3 years? 4 years? 5?

Sanchez meanwhile is finishing the season with double digits in goals and assists and finally looking like adapting and performing as well as anyone in 2013.

If anyone should be sold its Pedro ( although i don't think either should be), Sanchez has outperformed him 2 years straight and is showing promise unlike Pedro who shows nothing.

Dat La Masia bias No

That's the most ridiculous post I've ever read. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 26 May 2013, 15:11

He can play on the right but he is easier to control. He will always go on the outside there, on the left he can go both ways.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun 26 May 2013, 15:17

The Franchise wrote:He can play on the right but he is easier to control. He will always go on the outside there, on the left he can go both ways.

He can cut in from the left, he's right footed but he is no alexis, he has a decent left foot.

He would be better in the left, but the question is, who would do better Tello or Alexis/Pedro on the right? For me it's time for fresh blood.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun 26 May 2013, 15:42

I think his left foot needs a lot more work honestly. Don't think we wants to use it, rather he does when he has no option.

I understand you, I feel we need freshness too...but I don't think Tello on the right is the answer.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 26 May 2013, 16:17

i really doubt that your front 3 next season wont be Neymar-Messi-Alex/Pedro
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun 26 May 2013, 16:21

Deulofeu is very good down the right. Can beat fullback and whip balls in from the byline. None of our other right-wingers seem to ever do this. I say give him plenty of chances in preseason, he's comfortable both sides.

Solution to the right?

Assess bids we get. If we get great bids for Pedro and Alexis I'd be tempted to take them and buy someone. I feel we need to sell one of them at least but both seem to think they are staying. This makes me worried Tello will go...

We always have Cuenca too, but he seems to want to stay a year at Ajax.

Personally I'd like

Nerman (Tello) - Messi - Pedro/Alexis/New (Deulofeu)
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun 26 May 2013, 17:01

Btw... why don't we have a crack at Subotic?

I haven't seen him play in a high line and cover like he'd need to do, but I like him.

If true, Tito doesn't want Hummels-type profile because its filled. Well how about his partner?

He'd also be a lot cheaper than Hummels who is hyped like hell because he can run up field like Pique and looks like footballer version of Orlando Bloom.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen Hummels play very well, but Subotic is probably half his price and has different (arguably more suitable) qualities.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kabarca Sun 26 May 2013, 17:58

No that we got Neymar,I was wondering in the case that fabregas stays if we can try something like this:

Neymar----Cesc----Messi

Cesc would be a False 9 but won't really have the same role as messi,instead he will be more deep and his role would be more of a creater than a goalscorer,Messi and Neymar will be inside forwards and they will be the teams main goalscorers.

And when Alves pushes forwar Messi can go to the centre and the shape becomes:

Neymar---Messi-------
-----------cesc-----Alves

I know moving messi from the false 9 role is highy unlikely but I would likey tito to at least try this,I believe this is a role that cesc would excel in(finally) and where teams wont be able to triple mark Messi.
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 26 May 2013, 22:31

Now Neymar is done what else do you want? players and positions.

Probably been done but cant be arsed to look.

Personally i think the midfield and attack is fine but would look at a CB and LB.

I agree with Kizz on Subotic, i love Hummels and think some of the things said are OTT but Subotic compliments Pique more IMO.

I would look at a LB in the mould of Abidal, their needs to be more balance, strength and aerial ability in the defence.

Puyol and Abidal need to be replaced long term and as of yet they haven't.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 26 May 2013, 22:41

Ter Stegen/Caballero

Mangala/Sakho/Vertonghen

Essentially since we're not signing a LB I'd rather we sign a CB that can also play LB.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next