Pedram
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Blue Barrett
The_Badger
guest7
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Nowhere near a coward move as I don't even have to bother explaining why as no one has convinced me yet.

An ambitious and well-calculated move fuelled by a man who wants to win it all...all over again.

I applaud him for it

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it a coward move by Pep to move to Bayern

Post by rwo power Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 pm

IMO Pep isn't a coward, but highly intelligent. Actually it takes a lot of courage to go to Bayern where Matthias Sammer, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeneß (still and I think his influence will stay no matter the outcome of the tax affair) are fix at the helm and where guys like Franz Beckenbauer still have lots to say about, too.

On the plus side, he will not have too much control over buying and selling players - only when the sports director and CEOs agree, the money will flow and they are football experts, too, after all, so there will likely be more sensible shopping tours than at Barca.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 pm

Trigger happy signing by Bayern. They should have kept Ostram ffs
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed May 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Se7en wrote:Most of Pep's critics critisized Pep for having everything served on a gold platter for him at Barcelona

Looking at this Bayern team, and them being favourites to win CL this season, it comes of as a coward move by Pep. He doesn't really prove anything as a manager by this switch

If Bayern wins the CL, he will just take over the best team in the world. Coward move imo to go from the "previous" best team in the world to the actual best team in the world

Omg this post and thread
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 01, 2013 11:40 pm

So aman moves to a club a year earlier before they even start the season and he is a coward?

Pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu May 02, 2013 12:17 am

I don't think it was cowardly, but I don't think it will do much to cement his legacy.

I was really hoping he would go to a formerly world class club like Milan and truly build a team back to the greatness we've come to expect from his teams.

Not like I'll complain if we win the treble 5 years in a row and his leadership sparks the German revolution in the World Cup and Euro's as well.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 02, 2013 12:32 am

We have not seen enough of Pep to decide what kinda of coach he truly can be. He's only been around for a few years, we have to remember. Looking at coaches like SAF and Capello, who have won everything there is to win at club level, multiple times....Pep's got a ways to go. Bayern may not be the toughest project for him, but it's not like he'll be there forever. I think we'll see him taking on a more ambitious project later in his career.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 am

sportsczy wrote:Barca had most of the Spain NT team that won the Euro in 2008. That's a massive boost of confidence for those players... only thing remaining was Messi stepping up the way he has.

In a lot of ways, the Spain NT success in 2008 launched Barca, not Pep.

Only Iniesta and Xavi and Puyol were starters for Spain in 2008
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 am

vanDEEZ wrote:he didnt panic when he took over the best team in the world when he took over barca.

i dont see the logic in him panicing now taking over the best team in the world (now bayern) when hes already won everything.

same situation only now he has the experience of already managing a top team.

Easily one of the worst posts I have ever seen on this forum and I say that with a heavy heart? Best team in the world? The same Barcelona that finished 3rd? The same Barcelona that had to give Madrid a Pasillo? The same Barcelona were the players were drinking and missing training constantly?

Pls go.

What Guardiola did at Barcelona was nothing short of a footballing miracle. Changed the team completely, improved their fitness, changed the structure of the club, completely overhauled the teams tactical approach and positioning in both offensive and defensive phases and biggest feat of all, he removed the "why always me" victim complex that had plagued Barcelona throughout its history. HE made them play the best football, now that he is gone, HIS principles are slowly but surely dissapearing altogether. Absolutely farcical statement there.

"Barcelona don't need a manager".....yup...they have shown they don't eh...

pls go
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The risk is being a failure.... If Bayern wins the treble this season he has to replicate that or he's a failure.

That is a pretty high risk tbf.

Agree with you, but even if he does win the treble with Bayern he will be criticized just how he was at Barca. Whether that criticism is justified or not is a different story.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 02, 2013 1:41 am

Se7en wrote:you can be a coward by being afraid of taking risks, so i'm pretty sure the word to describe guardiola with is coward

he went to a club where he had zero risks of not dominating football again

endless funds and already the best team in the world, where is the risk

Ronaldo should of gone to play for Wigan. Dudes a damn coward to go to Real Madrid who were promising the formation of Los Galacticos again. Damn coward trying to put himself in the best possible situation to win
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu May 02, 2013 1:50 am

windkick wrote:
Se7en wrote:you can be a coward by being afraid of taking risks, so i'm pretty sure the word to describe guardiola with is coward

Ronaldo should of gone to play for Wigan. Dudes a damn coward to go to Real Madrid who were promising the formation of Los Galacticos again. Damn coward trying to put himself in the best possible situation to win

Such a terrible example :facepalm:

It's like saying Messi is a coward for staying in Barcelona and not venturing elsewhere like England, Italy, Germany, Etc.

I don't believe Pep is a coward, but Bayern Munich atm looks like a set team for the next couple of seasons. A massive powerhouse that is about 95% away from winning the Champions League. This is a huge burden on Pep.

Imagine him coming in and finishing his first season with only 1 piece of silverware, getting knocked out of CL, etc. (This probably will not happen but you see my point)

Anything less of what Bayern achieve this year may be deemed as a failure but he will get the "first season as coach" excuse. Thumbs up
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 am

a coward? i think rather the opposite when someone takes over the best team in the world where the expectations are so high.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 02, 2013 2:11 am

jibercus wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:he didnt panic when he took over the best team in the world when he took over barca.

i dont see the logic in him panicing now taking over the best team in the world (now bayern) when hes already won everything.

same situation only now he has the experience of already managing a top team.

Easily one of the worst posts I have ever seen on this forum and I say that with a heavy heart? Best team in the world? The same Barcelona that finished 3rd? The same Barcelona that had to give Madrid a Pasillo? The same Barcelona were the players were drinking and missing training constantly?

Pls go.

What Guardiola did at Barcelona was nothing short of a footballing miracle. Changed the team completely, improved their fitness, changed the structure of the club, completely overhauled the teams tactical approach and positioning in both offensive and defensive phases and biggest feat of all, he removed the "why always me" victim complex that had plagued Barcelona throughout its history. HE made them play the best football, now that he is gone, HIS principles are slowly but surely dissapearing altogether. Absolutely farcical statement there.

"Barcelona don't need a manager".....yup...they have shown they don't eh...

pls go

"Easily one of the worst posts I have ever seen on this forum"

Do you even read your own posts? What is your issue with me jibbers, you always get so frustrated.

Anyways to reply to this nonsense I have to say that yes, Pep did inherit the best team in the world when he took over for Barca. He didn't give birth to Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol etc. those players were already in the side and developed and developing.

What Pep did with that team was fantastic, brilliant and every and any positive adjective you can think of but to say he didn't already have the best players in the world in that team is ridiculous. -Also to be clear I am purely referring to players, not tactics etc. That is an entirely different discussion.

and quoting "Barcelona don't need a manager" did I say that? or are you having problems reading again? because pulling up random quotes to trash someone when the person in question didn't say that is very immature.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 02, 2013 2:48 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:
windkick wrote:

Such a terrible example :facepalm:

It's like saying Messi is a coward for staying in Barcelona and not venturing elsewhere like England, Italy, Germany, Etc.

I don't believe Pep is a coward, but Bayern Munich atm looks like a set team for the next couple of seasons. A massive powerhouse that is about 95% away from winning the Champions League. This is a huge burden on Pep.

Imagine him coming in and finishing his first season with only 1 piece of silverware, getting knocked out of CL, etc. (This probably will not happen but you see my point)

Anything less of what Bayern achieve this year may be deemed as a failure but he will get the "first season as coach" excuse. Thumbs up

I was being sarcastic, I simply used Ronaldo since the guy was a Real Madrid supporter. But I agree with your points
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Barca were NOT the best team in the world right before Pep took over and it's no coincidence that they became the best when he did take over.

And only now are a few shortsighted posters seeing his move as "cowardly" since Bayern beat Barca 7-0, which tbh NO ONE would've seen coming a month ago, much less when Pep actually signed his deal. Yes he's going to a strong team but the fact is they hadn't shown to be THIS strong since just now. He signed his deal when? There's no doubt that Pep can see a very good team before it fills its potential. Since when is that "cowardly", lol? It's called making the right move.

And as far "he will get the first season as a coach" excuse, pls. That's Mourinho

barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2