Do you think Pep Guardiola can teach tiki taka to FC Bayern Munich effectively?

+17
Arquitecto
McAgger
VivaStPauli
Kaladin
Blue Barrett
Sushi Master
FalcaoPunch
El Gunner
BarcaLearning
Tomwin Lannister
TalkingReckless
Onyx
jibers
3lite
Great Leader Sprucenuce
futbol
REWB
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you think Pep Guardiola can teach tiki taka to FC Bayern Munich effectively?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think Pep Guardiola can teach tiki taka to FC Bayern Munich effectively?

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:46 am

Football is a TQ

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Do you think Pep Guardiola can teach tiki taka to FC Bayern Munich effectively?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you think Pep Guardiola can teach tiki taka to FC Bayern Munich effectively?

Post by jibers Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:48 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Football is a TQ

:facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:48 am

how the hell does possession football not exist? possession football is a style of play jibers. why do you think barca had more possession than bayern? while bayern were playing a counter attacking style. there are different styles of play.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:53 am

The Ostracised One wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

except possession football doesnt exist
Oh you think? What have Barca been doing for the past 3-4 years?

Playing football
You sound like you have your mind strongly made up on this weird opinion so I'm not even going to bother trying to argue with you Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:54 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Football is a TQ

:facepalm:

wot m8
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 am

REWB wrote:how the hell does possession football not exist? possession football is a style of play jibers. why do you think barca had more possession than bayern? while bayern were playing a counter attacking style. there are different styles of play.

Because Barcelona are better at retaining the ball. Real Madrid have more possession than most teams, hell they had more possession than bayern last season, do they play possession football? Barcelona have had players that can 'retain' the ball than most teams before Pep game and noone was spouting possession. Hell when they played Chelsea in 2005 they had almost 70% of the ball, noone called it possession. Its this media BS hype. United have the 3rd highest ball retention in Europe, do we play possession football? Bayern had less of the bll against Barcelona, the only team that did that this season, but they suddenly are not a possession team?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 am

Barcelona go into games looking to dominate possession, therefore they're a possession side.

Real Madrid however I agree, we're not a possession side. We dominate La Liga sides due to our superiority.

I think it varies by game too. For example teams like Man Utd/Real Madrid could go into a game vs an inferior side looking to dominate possession due to their superiority.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:27 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Barcelona go into games looking to dominate possession, therefore they're a possession side.

Real Madrid however I agree, we're not a possession side. We dominate La Liga sides due to our superiority.

I think it varies by game too. For example teams like Man Utd/Real Madrid could go into a game vs an inferior side looking to dominate possession due to their superiority.

what big team goes into a game and doesnt want to dominate the ball? I suppose that makes United a possession side then.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:27 am

Being simplistic, but its looking like Bayern really got a chance to rule for a few years should Pep step in and continue smoothly. Bayern can do both, press and possession play like Barca, counter attacking like Real, add to that physical strength, top class players, club economically setup well, lots of fans support, top history and staidum, buying power, etc, etc... omg....

Im starting to think its really scary how good they can get Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 am

I hope not. What Osram has done with Bayern is miles ahead of anything as inflexible as "tiki-taka", it's not even funny.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:17 am

VivaStPauli wrote:I hope not. What Osram has done with Bayern is miles ahead of anything as inflexible as "tiki-taka", it's not even funny.

I dont know Viva, I just read the expert wrote... Razz Apparently VG started it and Jupp continued from that and improved upon it I guess?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:03 am

I for one cannot wait for Pep to come in and f*ck this Bayern side up Twisted Evil
Although chance of that happening is less than Andy Carroll discovering a first touch that is not a defensive clearance.

Jupp has them playing at a level that will not easily matched. Guardiola would be a massive failure (for a lack of a better term) if he tries to completely change Bayern's style and he can't reach the same heights as Jupp has.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:12 am

VivaStPauli wrote:I hope not. What Osram has done with Bayern is miles ahead of anything as inflexible as "tiki-taka", it's not even funny.

Yes cause it has won as many titles as Barca have under Pep's philosophy right?

This Barca that were beaten are miles below Pep's Barca who actually adhered to their philosophy unlike this Barca who have strayed away from it months ago for some odd reason.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:02 am

Arquitecto wrote:

Yes cause it has won as many titles as Barca have under Pep's philosophy right?

This Barca that were beaten are miles below Pep's Barca who actually adhered to their philosophy unlike this Barca who have strayed away from it months ago for some odd reason.

It's still terribly risky, Arq.

Not many of their players in this Bayern side are known to play the "tiki taka" style. The players at Barcelona (likes of Xavi, Messi, Iniesta etc) were taught to play with that style from the ages of 10/11. Maybe even younger.

This Bayern team at the moment is easily the best team in the world. They're unpredictable and when motivated, can beat any team they want. They not only have the one of the best starting XI's in the world, but they have the best depth too. And this current structure suits them well. They've broken records in the Bundesliga and essentially kicked out Barcelona in the first leg. I'm not buying this Barcelona played poor. Bayern were just a level above. Bayern are easily favourites to win the CL. It's basically there's to lose to be fair. I feel Dortmund have the better chance out of them and Madrid.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:06 am

Pep "The Philosopher" is my only hope of destroying this Bayern as weird as it might sound Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:46 am

Is anyone listening Pep speaking German:bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Unfortunately my computer at work doesn't have a soundcard, but I hope there will be videos available later when I'm at home, too.

From what I read in the kicker.de ticker, he seems to want to play a system that fits to the Bayern players, not force them to adapt to 'tiki taka'. Good boy!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:19 pm

yeah absolutely. At least it sounds like that but only time will tell how he wants the players to play because Bayern certainly has few players who are capable of matching to his style

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2