Art Morte
28 posters

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 - Page 15 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013

Post by RedOranje Wed May 29, 2013 10:12 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
"I have spoken to Rodgers, he knows what I want. He understands my situation."

Those talks were already reported by Bascombe and others, and left Rodgers and Liverpool staff MORE confident that Suarez would be here next season rather than LESS.

My guess is that Suarez is open to a move or to staying for at least another season, and will be happy enough with either outcome. That leaves if up to Liverpool to decide his value and whichever club(s) is/are pursuing him to meet that valuation. Should they fail to do so Suarez will remain a Liverpool player in September. Given the club's stance it's going to take a huge bid to make us consider accepting... something well and above what we received for Torres.

Only time will tell if I'm correct and if so which path this takes, but at the moment I'm not too concerned.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 29, 2013 10:13 pm

My advice: don't bother responding to "Suarez Leaving" in the General Section as all you'll meet are trolls and people who have no idea about Liverpool and/or Suarez. It's a waste of time and will only leave you frustrated.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed May 29, 2013 10:17 pm

[quote="Fahim89"]
Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 4m

Luis Suarez on Uruguayan radio (via @MartinCharquero): I have a contract with Liverpool. It would be hard to say no to Real Madrid.

Nothing really wrong with this comment tbf. It would be hard to say no to a runners up medal in La Liga and playing in the CL.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 29, 2013 10:35 pm

The interview itself is of concern; the quotes that have been posted and will continue to be posted are, from what I've read of the transcript in Spanish, accurate. They are, however, responses to rather pointed, leading questions and he makes a concerted effort to make it clear that he is happy at Liverpool and his only issue is how the press has treated him.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 29, 2013 10:37 pm

If you guys can sell Suarez for 40+, take the money and run. Like Tevez and Balotelli, his antics will eventually erode his value and wear thin on club/fans. You can probably buy Jesus Navas for 20 and Higuain for 30.

I don't want him near Madrid.... and i have no doubt his behavior will make it impossible for him to be even considered. But there are clubs that will pay like Atelti and maybe even Napoli. Monaco would probably give you 50+. PSg might consider it too. You could perhaps do a straight swap for Cavani.

In any case, his bouts of stupidity are not isolated incidents... very consistent unfortunately.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed May 29, 2013 10:39 pm

I apologize for that Red.

As for Aaspas. RG and I have been on a minor disagreement on their playing styles. He would attribute Aaspas more to Villa (or someone else) while my comparison with Suarez was met with disagreement. It guess its fair to say Aaspas has his own distinct style or that we interpret players in a varied manner.

Aaspas has been a revelation within Celta. Quite a handful when in his full stride as he makes adept use of both feet, looks to create constantly as he insists on dropping deep and occupying wide positions. His finishing has been looked upon by me, as calm and almost thoughtful. Why only 13 goals? Well he hardly spends time in the box since he prefers bursting through the central or turning back and drifting wide to draw out his markers. His technique is his most notable trait with his two-footed dribbles and accurate shots. His height is deceiving as he reminds me of Javier Hernandez in the air which is a good thing obviously. His presence in the box is composed of micro-movements akin to a Cricket batter's footwork adjustments before being bowled to which makes use of his clever movement and delightful dribbles. He leads the line very well and brings his supporting players very well into play. His most notable trait is his big game mentality in thriving in large moments which tests his mettle. Real Madrid is just one example of the teams he has performed well against...to put it lightly.

Cons? Well tactically he is in the mould of Phillipe Coutinho who is rather raw in that sense despite being 25. It is not such a notable trait yet is one that appears somewhat in his decision making which can fail him at times.

Best position? He has been slotted as a 9, wide yet he thrives as an atypical SS in optimizing upon supporting his front flank. He was tried as a False 9 by Resino did not spend enough time within the box to his liking. Versatile enough to adapt yet has central tendencies and movements.

Worst trait? His temper. Oh god his passion and tenacity is also his worst trait (Remind you of someone?) I've seen countless conflicts within the match v another footballer or headbutting or rash tackles after being dispossessed or making a Torres-esque Bitchface when his movement isn't enough to draw out the most disciplined of players.

As a whole, Euros 9M is almost a steal given his worth would be around 15-18 based on his ability and years ahead of him. Would be a fantastic signing.

I only fear if the impending competition within our ranks will result in some of our younger players in being ostracised or even leaving the club.

Assaidi despite being 4 times the player Downing does not exist apparently, Downing seems to be staying despite being an pathetic excuse for a footballer.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Apologize for what, Arq?

@ Sports: Anything less than £50m and I cannot see the club doing business. In fact, I'd be surprised if we accept £50m, especially given the prices being quoted for Falcao, Bale, and others in this window. The player clearly still enjoys his play at the club, and is ready and willing to give his all next season to help Liverpool pursue trophies and the Champions League places.

My only concern with this (potential) saga is that it will drag on and by the time a deal is struck, should one go through (again, not saying this will happen or is even likely), most of the best potential replacements will have already signed (like Eriksen and others) for other clubs and we'll have missed our opportunity to effectively use the money we might gain. A

Again though, I'm not convinced he'll leave, especially as I believe that LFC/Rodgers is in the driving seat of his immediate future.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 30, 2013 2:25 am

Am I the only one that's not worried about Suarez leaving? These quotes and interview change nothing. He'll be with us next season.

And if he does leave to Madrid, I would take the Benzema-Di Maria swap and run with it. Getting two world class players for one. Don't buy into the bullshit smack talk Madrid fans do about Di Maria and Benzema. I've watched every match Bazema-Di Maria had played at club since 2009-10, these guys are world class. Madrid fans are spoiled brats (every single one, me too). Both of them are younger and fantastic in their own way. We'd be title challengers imo if this swap happened (and if we reinforced our defense like we're suppose to).

However, I don't think Madrid are stupid enough to let both of them go for Suarez. And plus Suarez is staying, no point in fantasizing. I'm perfectly happy with Luisito.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 30, 2013 3:15 am

Iago and Touré seemingly agreed, and a fee agreed for the sale of Carroll. Only 10 days into the summer :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 30, 2013 3:27 am

MESSIAH :bow:

March 13 in the Spurs section
McAgger wrote:
Iago Aspas is another really talented player imo. He's a Bellamy type player only much healthier, and much better than Defoe. His finishing and technical ability is much superior and he would come for dirt cheap.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 30, 2013 3:28 am

I may have been wrong with the dirt cheap part though :coffee: Unless you live in Dubai, then dirt actually costs that much.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu May 30, 2013 5:55 am

RedOranje wrote:My advice: don't bother responding to "Suarez Leaving" in the General Section as all you'll meet are trolls and people who have no idea about Liverpool and/or Suarez. It's a waste of time and will only leave you frustrated.

Good point.

As for Suarez, I think he is on the fence. He may have a longing (and I don't blame him) to play for a 'better' team as we are still some way off from making CL, let alone winning trophies.

The signings of Sturridge & Coutinho should have given him the indication that we are building a team. I think if the coaching-staff & management try, they can convince him to stay.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu May 30, 2013 7:41 am

McAgger wrote:Am I the only one that's not worried about Suarez leaving? These quotes and interview change nothing. He'll be with us next season.

And if he does leave to Madrid, I would take the Benzema-Di Maria swap and run with it.

I think it's wide open whether Suarez stays or goes, nothing but time will tell. I just wish we didn't get a summer-long transfer saga out of it, which is a danger considering that Madrid haven't even got a manager right now.

Also, there is no way that either of Benzema or Di Maria would accept a switch to Liverpool, I can't imagine so.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu May 30, 2013 7:51 am

Even if they do, I don't want any of them. di Maria is a ball hogger a la Assaidi and Benzema is inconsistent and out of form. Besides, even both of them in tandem would not be able to match up the impact and presence Suarez has on the pitch.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu May 30, 2013 9:31 am

RedOranje wrote:My advice: don't bother responding to "Suarez Leaving" in the General Section as all you'll meet are trolls and people who have no idea about Liverpool and/or Suarez. It's a waste of time and will only leave you frustrated.

rofl
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu May 30, 2013 9:33 am

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 52m

Luis Alberto (Barcelona B) is the other Spanish player that is about to agree to join Liverpool. A midfielder in the Xavi/Iniesta mould

Retweeted by Tony Barrett
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 30, 2013 11:37 am

mr-r34 wrote:Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 52m

Luis Alberto (Barcelona B) is the other Spanish player that is about to agree to join Liverpool. A midfielder in the Xavi/Iniesta mould

Retweeted by Tony Barrett

That's great news!! After the Coutinho purchase i am really excited about our younger recruits. . Let's see what happens. . . Judging from his age it seems he would be a squad player rather then youth or reserve.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Liverpool are set to make Ajax star Christian Eriksen their third summer signing.

You guys saw anything regarding this?? hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu May 30, 2013 12:09 pm

Luis Suarez has no plans to leave Liverpool this summer, his agent has told Sky Sports News.

Good if true. . or this can just be a ploy to increase his value in the market. :coffee:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8742624/Luis-Suarez-staying-at-Liverpool-agent-tells-Sky-Sports-News
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu May 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Reported Premier League target Kyriakos Papadopoulos has no intention of leaving Schalke this summer, according to his agent. [Sky Sports]

ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luis_Suarez123 Thu May 30, 2013 1:01 pm

I hope Suarez will stay, and hopefully we could snatch Eriksen and Dede, even though it will be hard to bring Eriksen if BVB is onto him...

Luis_Suarez123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 30, 2013 1:09 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Even if they do, I don't want any of them. di Maria is a ball hogger a la Assaidi and Benzema is inconsistent and out of form. Besides, even both of them in tandem would not be able to match up the impact and presence Suarez has on the pitch.
yeah ok
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu May 30, 2013 1:20 pm

cool
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu May 30, 2013 1:22 pm

Luis_Suarez123 wrote:I hope Suarez will stay, and hopefully we could snatch Eriksen and Dede, even though it will be hard to bring Eriksen if BVB is onto him...
Dede just joined Cruzeiro this season.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu May 30, 2013 1:51 pm

Going to welcome aspas any day of the week for only 67 euros, sweet, FSG :bow:

Liverpool are closing in on a €67 deal for Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas but their move for the 25-year-old is unrelated to Suarez’s future as Rodgers looks to bolster his attacking options.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2013/05/30/4013766/liverpool-target-luis-muriel-as-suarez-replacement?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_5
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Liverpool are set to make Ajax star Christian Eriksen their third summer signing.

You guys saw anything regarding this?? hmm

What was the SECOND signing!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down