I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer)

+23
hrealmadrid
timzink
Blue
RedOranje
Raptorgunner
spanky
Albiceleste
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
RebaƱo Sagrado
RealGunner
abetelle
Donuts
ioilersrock448
DeletedUser#1
Onyx
Juveman17
Forza
Be/\/ceCALI
CBarca
schrutebucks
Real Kandahar
Uncle Jozy
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer) - Page 2 Empty Re: I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer)

Post by abetelle Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:33 am

There are some strange people that call it Calcio. LOL

abetelle
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer) - Page 2 Empty Re: I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer)

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 am

Albi lives in miami too :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 am

While I agree with the general sentiment that you should browse around rather than make a decision at the start, perhaps a few questions could make this easier for us:

Is it more important to win or to play entertaining football?
Do you have an emotional attachment to one of England, Spain, Germany or Italy?
Are you a fan of any players yet?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 am

If you love Michael Beadly then go for Roma man they also have a great section here on GL. Mclewis is the Roma section admin so you should talk to him. He could show you the ropes cheers
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:39 am

abetelle wrote:There are some strange people that call it Calcio. LOL

I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer) - Page 2 2276801876 :brickwall:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:41 am

what would football be without fanhood Proud

welcome Thumbs up

edit: I think this can help you out, I think there is a la liga one as well somewhere
Spoiler:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:55 am

Albiceleste wrote:what would football be without fanhood Proud

welcome Thumbs up

edit: I think this can help you out, I think there is a la liga one as well somewhere
Spoiler:

haha great find :bow:
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jozy Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:While I agree with the general sentiment that you should browse around rather than make a decision at the start, perhaps a few questions could make this easier for us:

Is it more important to win or to play entertaining football?
Do you have an emotional attachment to one of England, Spain, Germany or Italy?
Are you a fan of any players yet?

Is it more important to win or to play entertaining football? : This one is easy, entertaining football would be my answer.I would probably be a United/Barca/RM/ more top teams if I only cared about winning but I haven't been interested in neither of the clubs ALTHOUGH they play some entertaining football. I still love winning as much as anybody tho.

Do you have an emotional attachment to one of England, Spain, Germany or Italy? : As an American living in Miami Florida I really don't have any emotional attachment to these countries other than respecting their cultures/traditions and a few friends from those nations. (My grandpa who I never met was spanish tho)

Are you a fan of any players yet?: No I'm not a fan boy of any player except my currently favorite USMNT playing being Jozy Altidore. But I don't really worship him and I'm rational about him. I like/respect all good players of the game and I'm not bias about any of them really. I rather preserve my fan hood to a team rather than putting it on a specific player. I'm sure I'll have a favorite player if I ever settle for a team if that's what you mean.

Uncle Jozy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:07 am

Is it more important to win or to play entertaining football? : This one is easy, entertaining football would be my answer.I would probably be a United/Barca/RM/ more top teams if I only cared about winning but I haven't been interested in neither of the clubs ALTHOUGH they play some entertaining football. I still love winning as much as anybody tho.

Alright well here are some of the most attractive sides in La Liga, Serie A and EPL. Keep in mind this is a very subjective matter:

EPL: Arsenal, Liverpool, Swansea, Tottenham
La Liga: Athletic Bilbao, Malaga, Betis (big boys aside)
Serie A: Napoli, Pescara, Juventus, Roma
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jozy Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:14 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Alright well here are some of the most attractive sides in La Liga, Serie A and EPL. Keep in mind this is a very subjective matter:

Nice list. Personally of those you listed, I like the bold. The reason why I prefer the EPL is because there are more english speakers so more fan interaction for me between fans of the clubs in the league and the league itself. I wish they had a TV package that would broadcast all the games of your specified club you desired to watch:drinking:

Last edited by Uncle Jozy on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Uncle Jozy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:15 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I wouldn't suggest that he follow a club that is almost certain to be relegated, especially if seeing matches is difficult for him.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jozy Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:24 am

Donuts wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Donuts wrote:Just don't pick Arsenal, unless you like to settle for 4th place and consider it a trophy.

Better than Chivas ever will be
:fishing:

anywho Smile
For someone in the U.S it's better to support EPL or atleast easier to, they have so much coverage on television, I hear BEIN sports is the only station that has rights to Seria A and La Liga, and they mostly show La Liga, whereas FOX and espn etc, which most cable providers already offer, show EPL.
I hear many rumors of Florida pushing for a team, Beckham and others supporting it so maybe you will have a home team to support in due time.

You are right friend, and I wish we could get a team in florida because I would support it no matter it's quality. Just like my Miami Marlins, Dolphins, Heat, and Florida Panthers. Get it done Beckham :bow:

Uncle Jozy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:34 am

I think there was talk of Boca Juniors opening a Miami sub-team
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:36 am

Not too hard, Just start watching Arsenal. :coffee: I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer) - Page 2 Wilshere1_1593924a
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:41 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Not too hard, Just start watching Arsenal. :coffee: I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer) - Page 2 Wilshere1_1593924a

Or he could just wait two years and watch ManCity.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jozy Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:42 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Not too hard, Just start watching Arsenal. :coffee: I want to get into soccer/football/futbol? (whichever name you prefer) - Page 2 Wilshere1_1593924a

Assuming you are from Canada what do you use to follow your club just out of curiosity

Uncle Jozy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:43 am

What you mean what I use? are you talking about TV?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by schrutebucks Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:46 am

Barring some unforeseen circumstances, the 20th MLS franchise will be located in inner city NYC, most likely in Queens, possibly even bringing NASL's Cosmos along for the ride. The best chance for a Florida franchise is the relocation of a struggling team already in place (Chivas USA are always a fan favorite for such hypothetical scenarios), but given the Fusion's failures in the early 00's coupled with Orlando City's recent successes, Orlando would probably be the favored location if such a situation would arise.

If Beckham gets involved, who knows though? Miami certainly has a level of brand equity that Orlando can't touch.

You might like seeing the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers play, live action is always fun. NASL is cheap on tickets, too.
schrutebucks
schrutebucks
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:47 am

Watch many games, i guarantee you will grow an attachment to a club.

You shouldn't care what others think or say, the "glory hunter" or "bandwagon" talk is nonsense.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jozy Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:51 am

Raptorgunner wrote:What you mean what I use? are you talking about TV?
Yes Smile

Uncle Jozy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:54 am

Uncle Jozy wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:What you mean what I use? are you talking about TV?
Yes Smile

This may come as a shock, but in Canada they show more EPL games than any other countries from what I heard. I can watch all the EPL and all the CL games.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:07 am

i have a friend in south africa who said the same thing, for $65 a month you can watch every big game in europes big leagues, but theres particularly good coverage of the epl, you can pretty much watch all the epl games live, it sounds freaking quality .
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:10 am

RedOranje wrote:

Or he could just wait two years and watch ManCity.

If he is going to wait to see Jack in another team, he will die an old man.

Arsenal is the future of football. Smile :bow: Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:11 am

timzink wrote:i have a friend in south africa who said the same thing, for $65 a month you can watch every big game in europes big leagues, but theres particularly good coverage of the epl, you can pretty much watch all the epl games live, it sounds freaking quality .

I watch all EPL and CL games for around $20 a month. I can split the screen and watch up to 4 games at once.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jozy Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:20 am

I wish I could get these packages here in florida Crying or Very sad

Uncle Jozy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:42 am

NBC will be broadcasting most BPL games in the US starting next season
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next