Gael Clichy admits it was 'very difficult' to leave Arsenal

4 posters

Go down

Gael Clichy admits it was 'very difficult' to leave Arsenal Empty Gael Clichy admits it was 'very difficult' to leave Arsenal

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:41 am

Goel Clichy admits that he found it very difficult to walk away from Arsenal and join the ranks at Manchester City.

The 25-year-old made 264 appearances for the Gunners over a period of eight seasons, before making a move to Eastlands for a fee reported to be in the region of £7 million.

Having spent so much time at the north London club, the left-back retains a very high regard to his former boss Arsene Wenger and remains grateful for learning his trade under the former Monaco manager.

"Leaving Arsenal was a really big thing for me," Clichy told The Sun.

"Arsene Wenger helped me grow up as a person and player.

"He taught me everything - how to be a footballer, how to be a man.

"And saying goodbye was very emotional, very difficult because I have been there so long."

He added: "I was 17 when I joined Arsenal and had eight happy years there.

"I had a lot of friends there and in London - but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

"And I felt the need to make a change and in the end that was it, that was the key.

"But it was still a very weird situation for me walking in here at City.

"Walking into the stadium and seeing all those blue seats around me when I'm so used to the red. That was very weird.

"But in life I believe it's all about timing and this is the perfect timing for me to make the change."

www.goal.com
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Gael Clichy admits it was 'very difficult' to leave Arsenal Empty Re: Gael Clichy admits it was 'very difficult' to leave Arsenal

Post by since1996 Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:57 am

its gonna be more difficult wen Theo owns u next season
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Gael Clichy admits it was 'very difficult' to leave Arsenal Empty Re: Gael Clichy admits it was 'very difficult' to leave Arsenal

Post by Kiwigunner Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:21 am

since1996 wrote:its gonna be more difficult wen Theo owns u next season

Unfortunately that wont happen.

Clichy is 2nd choice LB bounce bounce bounce
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Kiwigunner wrote:
since1996 wrote:its gonna be more difficult wen Theo owns u next season

Unfortunately that wont happen.

Clichy is 2nd choice LB bounce bounce bounce

ha ha ha.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm

I wish I could see him so I can frakking tell him to frakking shove a frakking banana up his frakking asshole the frakking ignorant stupid little motherfrakker
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:07 pm

ali8775 wrote:I wish I could see him so I can frakking tell him to frakking shove a frakking banana up his frakking asshole the frakking ignorant stupid little motherfrakker

At first I was mad when I heard he is leaving and joining Man city, now dont really care, I would have done the same thing aslo, if i was given that kinda of money.

Gael Clichy admits it was 'very difficult' to leave Arsenal LOL11
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
ali8775 wrote:I wish I could see him so I can frakking tell him to frakking shove a frakking banana up his frakking asshole the frakking ignorant stupid little motherfrakker

At first I was mad when I heard he is leaving and joining Man city, now dont really care, I would have done the same thing aslo, if i was given that kinda of money.

abandon the team that made you ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 pm

ali8775 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

There is other reasons why he left I know, I just like to say he left for the money.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down