Farewell Gael Clichy

4 posters

Go down

Farewell Gael Clichy Empty Farewell Gael Clichy

Post by Iceman Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm

One of the most underrated players today. He had a very good defensive season last year, but nobody ever gave him the credit he deserved. He fell prey to the stereotype that was created about his abilities and concentration, but City are very lucky to have him; especially at the price that they got him too. We Arsenal fans will truly know how good he was next season, because there aren't many players that can play as well as he did.

Anyway, here's the video..Pretty awesome one too:

http://www.vimeo.com/27126053
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Farewell Gael Clichy Empty Re: Farewell Gael Clichy

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Funny enough I think some of your fellow fans under-rate him too seeing the comments that were made about him after his transfer.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Us? We underrated him the most. Clichy got so much stick from us fans for things that weren't even his fault. When he played with Arshavin, he got no support at all in defense yet we still managed to blame him for it. This guy is as underrated as they get. His crossing and shooting might be lacking, but his interceptions are amazing (He racked up the most interceptions in the league last season), his dribbling bewilders opponents and his speed and stamina are, quite honestly, unmatched. (Perhaps only by A.Cole, but I do believe that Clichy is faster and has more stamina). His passing is what makes him stand out though. As you'll see in the video, he made some excellent long passes that opened up defenses last season.

I will really miss him, and I really didn't want to see him leave.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:33 pm

not just last year

clichy has the most interceptions in the EPL over the last 5 years
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Iceman wrote:Us? We underrated him the most. Clichy got so much stick from us fans for things that weren't even his fault. When he played with Arshavin, he got no support at all in defense yet we still managed to blame him for it. This guy is as underrated as they get. His crossing and shooting might be lacking, but his interceptions are amazing (He racked up the most interceptions in the league last season), his dribbling bewilders opponents and his speed and stamina are, quite honestly, unmatched. (Perhaps only by A.Cole, but I do believe that Clichy is faster and has more stamina). His passing is what makes him stand out though. As you'll see in the video, he made some excellent long passes that opened up defenses last season.

I will really miss him, and I really didn't want to see him leave.

Then this accounts to a good steal by Mancini. :coffee:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

he was one of my favorite players and I was sooooooo upset that he left, I had to tear down 15 posters in my room and he was frankly...the only player I thought would never leave
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 pm

Our fans' comments were mostly just them acting all butt-hurt by the whole transfer because we didn't really believe that Clichy was going to leave. I never said a bad word about him really, because he doesn't deserve any of that. He left us respectfully. He never said anything bad to the media prior to the transfer and he gave us 8 years of mostly good performances.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:39 pm

bhends wrote:not just last year

clichy has the most interceptions in the EPL over the last 5 years

Ha, interesting. I only had the stats from last season. Anyway, in the video I posted you'll see just why he's the top man when it comes to interceptions
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down