How many top/world class XI's can Spain and Brazil make?

+11
Albiceleste
The Nature Boy
juventus101
barca 2011
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
Ganso
Valkyrja
REWB
Onyx
Ausi90
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How many top/world class XI's can Spain and Brazil make? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many top/world class XI's can Spain and Brazil make?

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Romero; - Zabaleta - Garay - Fernandez - Ansaldi; - Gago - Mascherano - Di Maria; - Messi - Aguero - Higuain

Caballero; - Zanetti - Coloccini - Samuel - Campagnaro; - Banega - Costa; - Lavezzi - Palacio - Tevez - Lamela

Orion; - Clemente - Demichelis - Roncaglia - Insua; - Cambiasso - Lucho; - Pastore - Icardi - Barcos - Scocco

Saja; - Otamendi - Burdisso - Fazio - Rojo; - Yacob - Biglia - Gaitan - Montillo; - LiLopez - Milito

why cant i hold all this talent Proud the first two XIs are world class :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

How many top/world class XI's can Spain and Brazil make? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many top/world class XI's can Spain and Brazil make?

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Romero; - Zabaleta - Garay - Fernandez - Ansaldi; - Gago - Mascherano - Di Maria; - Messi - Aguero - Higuain

Caballero; - Zanetti - Coloccini - Samuel - Campagnaro; - Banega - Costa; - Lavezzi - Palacio - Tevez - Lamela

Orion; - Clemente - Demichelis - Roncaglia - Insua; - Cambiasso - Lucho; - Pastore - Icardi - Barcos - Scocco

Saja; - Otamendi - Burdisso - Fazio - Rojo; - Yacob - Biglia - Gaitan - Montillo; - LiLopez - Milito

why cant i hold all this talent Proud the first two XIs are world class :coffee:

not even close to world class. the first one is close, but not a world class XI. I can think of at least 3 better GKs than romero. Not trying to talk ish but there is a difference between a good XI and a world class/top xi that this thread is asking for.

Im stunned by some of the responses to this thread affraid

Last edited by The Nature Boy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:24 pm

R.I.P the term 'World class'

It was fighting a losing battle for a long, long time but now it has gave way to the afterlife. :'(
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Romero; - Zabaleta - Garay - Fernandez - Ansaldi; - Gago - Mascherano - Di Maria; - Messi - Aguero - Higuain

Not even one team in that list can be called a 'World Class' team.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Not even one team in that list has more than two world class players. Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:42 pm

A world class team =/= 11 world class players

A world class team is one that is of quality that can be considered among the best in the world.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:43 pm

And Argentina is not :coffee: (inb4 rankings)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Albiceleste wrote:A world class team =/= 11 world class players

A world class team is one that is of quality that can be considered among the best in the world.

sure, if you want to look at it that way then in all fairness my definition of WC is very strict.

on the other hand, players like otamendi have no business even being thought of in a thread that is asking for top/word class XIs. And im not being a fanboy either. You cant make a full WC xi of italian players either.

And TBH, if you are going to look at it the way you are looking at it, just simply cut and paste the national team lineups, as by definition, they are the best the countries have to offer.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:45 pm

rofl italians and germans on the defensive, my clearly world class teams are laughed off while no one says anything about the Cannavaro Azpilicueta Ogbonna Giaccherini Alex Torres Pedro Giovinco Javi Garcia line ups :facepalm: these haters Proud

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Surag wrote:And Argentina is not :coffee: (inb4 rankings)

Tbf they have been unbeaten for over a year, they look brilliant at the moment.

As for the thread i don't consider any team Brazil can muster to be WC atm but Spain can for sure come up with one but i doubt two.

I think i have a stricter view of the term WC than most people.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Surag wrote:And Argentina is not :coffee: (inb4 rankings)
pls

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:50 pm

The Nature Boy wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:A world class team =/= 11 world class players

sure, if you want to look at it that way then in all fairness my definition of WC is very strict.

on the other hand, players like otamendi have no business even being thought of in a thread that is asking for top/word class XIs. And im not being a fanboy either. You cant make a full WC xi of italian players either.

And TBH, if you are going to look at it the way you are looking at it, just simply cut and paste the national team lineups, as by definition, they are the best the countries have to offer.
Otamendi has been decent this season and better than some of the CBs mentioned in supposedly some "world class teams" in this thread, and I am not calling him top or world class, but decent. Thats the point, a world class team doesnt necessarily need to have each position with a world class player, case in point Argentina right now, our defense is far from world class but our team is probably the best in the world atm (imo).

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Also LM Argentina's team is not WC across the board lol.

Your midfield is not and neither is your defence, it just so happens your attack is probably better than any ones Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 pm

but they play like it so thats all that matters :coffee:

Gago - Masche - Di Maria is world class doe

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:55 pm

I agree Gago-Masch-Di Maria chemistry and understanding is fantastic and makes them play far above what their natural ability says they are capable of.

I find it difficult to say its WC though hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:57 pm

I really dont know if i can consider Brazil or Argentina as world class teams when they havent done anything significant in major international tournaments in the past few years.

And regarding that unbeaten record ,it also involves a lot of friendlies in there too which exactly isnt a great measure to rate teams.

I know Argentina have done very well in the Qualifiers defeating some really good teams but on the big stage(WC,Copa) is where it matters imo and it is where they have to step up.I am not going to be convinced until then.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:00 pm

4-3-2-1

Julio Caesar
Dani Alves - Thiago Silva - Marquinhos - Marcelo
Ramires - Paulinho - Hernanes
Kaka - Ganso
Neymar

Thats a XI
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:03 pm

ot but its frustrating to read people writing Ceaser or Caesar
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:05 pm

As soon as we stop being world class, I'll stop calling us world class :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Surag wrote:I really dont know if i can consider Brazil or Argentina as world class teams when they havent done anything significant in major international tournaments in the past few years.

Very true but they can only beat who they come up against and be it qualifiers or friendlies they have beaten them all in the past year.

Obviously the WC will be the true litmus test but they have beaten some quality teams during their run and quite easily too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Albiceleste, I'm not discriminating I called out all the teams pretty much so far.

The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:52 pm

Ganso marquinhos paulinho and kaka are not world class.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree Gago-Masch-Di Maria chemistry and understanding is fantastic and makes them play far above what their natural ability says they are capable of.

I find it difficult to say its WC though hmm

What's not WC about Iniesta - Masche - Di Maria? Each player is top in his position (or was before they got turned into a CB Laughing )
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:12 pm

Ganso is world class. (imo Sad )

seriously though if you consider a WC team a team that is made up of only wc players then only the 1970 Brazil team and 1974 Dutch Nt were world class.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Surely Zanetti, Banega, Lavezzi and Tevez are World Class?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Ganso wrote:Ganso is world class. (imo Sad )

seriously though if you consider a WC team a team that is made up of only wc players then only the 1970 Brazil team and 1974 Dutch Nt were world class.....

Well I agree. But I think we need to clarify something.

I've been posting saying Ppl are wrong.BC I.don't believe that any team bar Spain can field 11 world class players. If that is what the thread is asking for, then that is why I state an opinion like.you.did, Regis. Smile

If not, if Ppl are just posting a collection of players that can make a top 11, then its a bit more lenient.

Still half these rosters are good, not great
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next