Red Alert
dostoevsky
BeautifulGame
izzy
Albiceleste
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brazil Cancel Italy and Spain friendlies Empty Brazil Cancel Italy and Spain friendlies

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:38 am

The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) has announced that the friendly matches against Italy and Spain have both been called off.

The South American giants had planned to meet the last two World Cup winners between October and November, but both friendlies have been cancelled with no justification provided.Instead, Brazil will take on Egypt in Cairo on 6 September, Costa Rica in an undisclosed Costa Rican city on 7 October, and Mexico in Torreon four days later.

The decision comes just 24 hours after Brazil suffered a 3-2 defeat against Germany, with coach Mano Menezes justifying the result with the European side's better preparation.

The five-time World Cup winners will also meet arch-rivals Argentina twice, with the first leg in Argentina on 14 September and the return game scheduled for 28 September in Belem.

Brazil will finish their series of friendlies against Gabon on 11 November, while four days later they will lock horns with either England or Switzerland.

Back to top Go down

Brazil Cancel Italy and Spain friendlies Empty Re: Brazil Cancel Italy and Spain friendlies

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:39 am

To Bad... :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Brazil Cancel Italy and Spain friendlies Empty Re: Brazil Cancel Italy and Spain friendlies

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:41 am

They're scared.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:42 am

Lionel Messi wrote:They're scared.

Scared of Italy? Really? :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:46 am

Nope. Not scared of Spain or Italy.

I believe it is crisis meetings to dicuss the futre of the national team and address all the problems in time for 2014.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:47 am

wouldnt Italy and Spain claim compensation from Brazilian Football Confederation for these cancellations now?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:09 am

BeautifulGame wrote:wouldnt Italy and Spain claim compensation from Brazilian Football Confederation for these cancellations now?

Hmm, never though about it, but I believe so

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:59 am

It's a bit early for crisis talks in 2011 from the perspective of an outsider and I honestly don't believe they should be scared of either team, but even if they lost both games there would be no shame in it. It's disappointing, even though I'm not a great fan of this Brazilian coach, no matter who is in charge it's great for football when Brazil plays matches such as these, even when they're friendlies.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:47 am

Why would Brazil be scared? They've won the most world cups, that's all you need on this forum.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:44 am

Yes we are so scared of friendlies....they will happen 2012,and we never "canceled" it because it was never official
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:51 am

Ganso wrote:Yes we are so scared of friendlies....they will happen 2012,and we never "canceled" it because it was never official

Exactly, the friendlies will still happen, but in 2012 instead. Italians wish we'd be scared lol. Last I remember we destroyed in 45 minutes with a 3-0 at the Confeds Cup.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 am

rsinatra wrote:
Ganso wrote:Yes we are so scared of friendlies....they will happen 2012,and we never "canceled" it because it was never official

Exactly, the friendlies will still happen, but in 2012 instead. Italians wish we'd be scared lol. Last I remember we destroyed in 45 minutes with a 3-0 at the Confeds Cup.

That was with Lippi's post 2006 World Cup team. Our worst of all time.

We played Toni and Vincenzo fkin Iaquinta in the front with even more oldies in the back.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:00 am

rsinatra wrote:

I'm glad to hear they'll be played next year, presumably in the lead-up to the Euros which will be a great test and only adds to Prandelli's chances to experiment and discover the true strength of the team. We have Uruguay and the Netherlands to face later on this year, these are precisely the sort of games required given the relative ease of our opponents in the current Euro qualification.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:01 am

Arquitecto wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

We played Toni and Vincenzo fkin Iaquinta in the front with even more oldies in the back.

I couldn't care less, it's not our fault. My point is that no Italian can brag about anything, especially us being supposedly scared, until you've beaten us again. Either way, I'll be looking forward to this.

edit: sorry dude, I just saw that it was Lionel Messi who wrote that we were scared, no Italians. I take it back!
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm not Italian.

Brazil Cancel Italy and Spain friendlies E
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:52 pm

rsinatra wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

I couldn't care less, it's not our fault. My point is that no Italian can brag about anything, especially us being supposedly scared, until you've beaten us again. Either way, I'll be looking forward to this.

edit: sorry dude, I just saw that it was Lionel Messi who wrote that we were scared, no Italians. I take it back!

fail.

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Eivindo wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

fail.

how is it a fail?what are you guys going to brag about?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Ganso who on earth is bragging? If anything I would be the one, you don't see me doing it... I just questioned about Brazil being scared, but it was sarcastic however, we aren't scared as well. Then again, We have a good chance to beat them, as we did with Spain and Germany.

Evindo, it's not 'fail'... He's right if there actually is someone bragging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Brazil has too much on their plate smh. Hectic next 2 months. with the 3 friendlies lined up then the 2 Copa Rocca Legs in between friendlies.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

The best way to go is a 4-2-1-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:51 am

Ganso wrote:how is it a fail?what are you guys going to brag about?

Probably 1982. :geek:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:09 am

Catracho wrote:Brazil has too much on their plate smh. Hectic next 2 months. with the 3 friendlies lined up then the 2 Copa Rocca Legs in between friendlies.

Muricy, Santos, and its fans (including me) are already mad about it. It means CBF will be taking Ganso and Neymar away from us. POSTPONE IT, POSTPONE IT Very Happy
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Ganso wrote:
Eivindo wrote:
rsinatra wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

fail.

how is it a fail?what are you guys going to brag about?

It's not about bragging,
Brazil is a great team that is going under some adjustment, (5 world cup)
Italy will always be Italy we do have 4 World Cup it has to mean something right?
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:46 pm

i was talking about atm teams,how Sciacca was saying we were scared of facing italy.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:26 am

No international team should be scared of another and I'd certainly hate to think of Brazil being scared any more than Italy or Germany, it would essentially ruin the potential for a great match. It's great to be feared, however in this case it would be at the expense of too awesome a legacy in football.

No one is scared so let's have this thing out so you can be owned by the real Super Mario :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum