Whats the best game/performance by your team..?

+23
Toffer Harley
Moqqis
Kick
RED
Juveman17
white_star
Zlatan
daneq
Deja Vu
CBarca
McAgger
Lupi
The Nature Boy
The Sanchez
Forza
Kaladin
Onyx
LeBĂ©ninois
Tomwin Lannister
juventus101
Zealous
Valkyrja
AltoZ
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whats the best game/performance by your team..? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats the best game/performance by your team..?

Post by Deja Vu Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Madrid 0-3 Barca. Ronnie Proud
Madrid 1-2 Barca 03/04. Amazing match.
Barcelona 3-2 Valencia. Dat hat-trick. Dat bicycle kick. Proud
Barca 3-3 Madrid. Birth of the GOAT. Proud

Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Whats the best game/performance by your team..? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats the best game/performance by your team..?

Post by Forza Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:53 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Milan v United in 07 (self explanatory)

Milan v Udinese last year (away) losing 1-0 at HT in Udine, if we lost this game the title race would be over. Maxi Lopez comes on as a sub, scores a goal and assists ES. Did i mention that 5 of our starting XI were missing?

Milan v Arsenal (1st leg) everything clicked for us, the attack, the synergy, the tactics. Before the matche i was content with a draw. Sad that we got complacent in the second leg.

Nothing really stands out during the dark ages other than that 3-0 derby win
We were terrible in CL too

In the dark ages, 3-2 over Madrid at the Bernabeu.

:facepalm: :facepalm: me
How could i not remember that win
Going back to that match, i vividely remember Pato's goal
And Ronaldinho Proud
Might as well mention the game at the San Siro (not sure if it was the same season) when Inzaghi scored a brace to put us up 2-1 v Madrid, but then Madrid scored a late goal to level it. Unremarkable game, apart from the fact that Inzaghi came on as a sub and turned the game on it's head after 0-1.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:

And Ronaldinho Proud
Might as well mention the game at the San Siro (not sure if it was the same season) when Inzaghi scored a brace to put us up 2-1 v Madrid, but then Madrid scored a late goal to level it. Unremarkable game, apart from the fact that Inzaghi came on as a sub and turned the game on it's head after 0-1.

Yep, Inzaghi was GOAT that game. Oldest player in Milan history to feature in CL, at 39 (or 40 was it?)

Also thats the game where Godbate got his nickname Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 pm

CBarca wrote:Barca 5-0 Madrid was one of the greatest moments of my life.

If I think about it in detail, I still get emotional.

I seriously let out a couple tears of joy when the fifth goal was scored.

You lot know that the aformentioned match was in November, I believe hmm about 12 games into the season hmm
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zlatan Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Milan v United in 07 (self explanatory)

Milan v Udinese last year (away) losing 1-0 at HT in Udine, if we lost this game the title race would be over. Maxi Lopez comes on as a sub, scores a goal and assists ES. Did i mention that 5 of our starting XI were missing?

Milan v Arsenal (1st leg) everything clicked for us, the attack, the synergy, the tactics. Before the matche i was content with a draw. Sad that we got complacent in the second leg.

Nothing really stands out during the dark ages other than that 3-0 derby win
We were terrible in CL too

And Ronaldinho Proud

Dinho was non-existent for much of the match, except showing up from nowhere and slapping Raul. I didn't find the game to be particularly special, the game was much more about Casillas putting in one of his worst shifts, and Marcelo being his old self.

Athens would top the list for obvious reasons, followed by the semi-final win against United, (wins against EPL teams are always special for me). The last minute winner by Pippo against Ajax evoked a lot of emotions , that it is hard to express in words. Next would be the 3-2 win against Inter in 03-04 Scudetto winning season, who can forget that goal by Seedorf Proud

For Italia, it would undisputedly be the semi final win over Germany(06).

Edit: Just Recognised that I failed to mention the game in which Pippo scored the last minute winner, it was against Ajax in the 02-03 season/

Zlatan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Zlatan wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:

And Ronaldinho Proud

Dinho was non-existent for much of the match, except showing up from nowhere and slapping Raul. I didn't find the game to be particularly special, the game was much more about Casillas putting in one of his worst shifts, and Marcelo being his old self.

Athens would top the list for obvious reasons, followed by the semi-final win against United, (wins against EPL teams are always special for me). The last minute winner by Pippo against Ajax evoked a lot of emotions , that it is hard to express in words. Next would be the 3-2 win against Inter in 03-04 Scudetto winning season, who can forget that goal by Seedorf Proud

For Italia, it would undisputedly be the semi final win over Germany(06).

His flow in the game made me wet, he could drift wherever he wants, go wherever he wants. He sent Zambrotta on goal and Pato was waiting there. but a bad cross ruined it.

Agreed Athens was great, but some of the chances we missed...Kaka... almost cried. Was really afraid, that it would be Istanbul all over again. But Pippo came through for us Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 pm

The 2002/03 Uefa cup run where we beat Parma, Shalke and almost Lazio.

08/09 Champions league where we beat barcelona 1-0 at home. I was at both legs of that QF round. A small group of us at the camp nou where we lost 4-0 cheered for the team all game. The home game where we won was so epic and things got better after Barcelona won that year we beat the best team in the world at home, i will never forget that moment!!

Check out some videos, the first my buddy recorded and uploaded to youtube its away at Barcelona

https://youtu.be/VPHS2dv4P3o

https://youtu.be/fnXeyTEeemc
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:19 am

3-0 vs Chelsea
2-0 Inter where Del Piero scored
Beat Madrid in 09 with Del Piero carrying us through
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:29 am

I cant believe Milan-fans didnt mention ACM-Bayern 4-1.

Or Milan-Barca 2-0 a month ago.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Off the top of my head.

Juve 2-3 Utd- 1999. Keane inspired Utd to the win and on their way to the Nou Camp for the final.

Utd 4-3 Real- 2003. Yes we went out, but what a game that was. Great performance by both teams.

Utd 7- 1 Roma. 2007. every single Utd player was a 10/10 that day.

Milan 2-3 Utd/ Utd 4-0 Milan- 2010. Not so much for the performance- just for the payback, which was sweet for all the time Milan used to knock us out in the CL.

Utd 1-0 Barca 2008 semi finals.

and finally...Real 1-1 Utd and the 2-1 home defeat to Real. I thought we more than matched them and were the better team until the ref.......... Great performance by the team and manager.

Honourable mentions: Utd 3-2 Bayern in 2010 and Chelsea 0-1 Utd in 2011.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:47 am

First thing that comes to mind is all of the matches after RDM took charge during our CL run last year.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:43 am

Then you are a new fan.

Because Chelsea's perfomances under Mourinho vs big clubs were much better, where they beat Barcelona 4-2 or Manu 3-0.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moqqis Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:00 am

Barcelona vs. Chelsea 2-2

Moqqis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:10 am

HSV's 4-4 against Juventus was probrably not the very best performance, but it is remembered as our best game of "recent" history with regard to the opposition:

HSV even won the second leg and both clubs dropped out in the groupstages. pirat
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 am

2-0 vs Milan
4-4 vs Liverpool (Arshhhhavviiinnnn)
2-1 vs Barcelona
5-2 vs Spurs (the first one)
5-3 vs Chelsea
3-2 vs Chelsea (Kanu late minute show :bow:)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:32 am

Oh yes and, 4-2 vs Liverpool (03/04) (Henry. Sidestepping one. Sidestepping two. That is BRILLIANT! Simply stunning!) That goal gives me goosebumps
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:52 am

That game which made me feel Hull city is better then Real Madrid for a week. Destroyed them.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:29 am

Eh, Hull has never beaten Real Madrid.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:31 am

AltoZ wrote:Eh, Hull has never beaten Real Madrid.

He's talking about Liverpool destroying Madrid, not Hull.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:57 pm

AltoZ wrote:Then you are a new fan.

Because Chelsea's perfomances under Mourinho vs big clubs were much better, where they beat Barcelona 4-2 or Manu 3-0.

I said first things that came to mind. I have been following Chelsea since I was 7. Laughing

Ancelotti's 09/10 side also was a powerhouse at times and we played some amazing matches then.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:23 am

AltoZ wrote:Eh, Hull has never beaten Real Madrid.

Whats the best game/performance by your team..? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2lg3KR3qRTRtuvUdz283ruDaWXKkcDtbmgKl4wTHVJ6T_D-uKyQ
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by kraaviec Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:53 am

Kick wrote:First thing that comes to mind is all of the matches after RDM took charge during our CL run last year.

I couldn't agree with that. I was glad because of our wins but the only game we were dominating was Napoli home game.

4-2 with Barcelona, 3-0 with United (I miss J. Cole so much), 4-4 with Liverpool (the greatest football show I've ever seen), from some newer games I liked our clashes with Spurs (this season) and Napoli (last season). I'm not speaking about beatings we gave to WBA (Ancelotti) or Aston Villa (Benitez) because matches against big teams tastes so much better.
kraaviec
kraaviec
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:33 am

Game against Chelsea comes to mind. Vucinic was a complete beast against them.

Tie against Madrid, winning in Madrid, obviously up there as well.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:11 pm

You guys beat Barcelona 3-0!

It doenst get bigger than that.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2