EL Patron
RealGunner
REWB
TalkingReckless
Jay29
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Swansea City 0 - 2 Arsenal: Professional away performance - Page 2 Empty Re: Swansea City 0 - 2 Arsenal: Professional away performance

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Great analysis Jay.

The 1st half part is true. Both teams always try to "show off" in a way and try to dominate even if it means keeping the ball at the back. It was the case today too.

I thought Wenger wasn't really uncomfortable when they had the ball. He knew what to expect and we were really professional about it.

We limited swansea into passing without any purpose. There was this one Michu moment where he nearly scored but apart from that it wasn't much threatening at all.

We didn't have many chances either till the last 20 minutes. But i am glad we took ours. We really needed the 3 points.

my MOTM was Cazorla.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Swansea City 0 - 2 Arsenal: Professional away performance - Page 2 Empty Re: Swansea City 0 - 2 Arsenal: Professional away performance

Post by MJ Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:48 am

Giroud played the assist and a killer ball that almost led to a goal in the 52nd minute. And he fed Ramsey the ball that led to Gervinho's goal. In that respect, he did good. Off his back.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:39 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:two games with Vermaelen and Chezz on the bench.

Two clean sheets.

Coincidence? I think not.

its not

verm should go to Barca
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Important 3 points; uninspiring performance - however, long may it continue.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:59 am

Arsenal with Fabianski: P2, W2, L0, D0, scored 4, conceded 0.

Better than Szczesny and I'm being serious. :coffee:
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:14 am

Too early to say tbh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:50 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Arsenal with Fabianski: P2, W2, L0, D0, scored 4, conceded 0.

Thing to consider is that how much Fabianski was protected by the defence. How many open chances were allowed on target by the defence???
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 am

The same way Mannone was better than Szczesny at the beginning of the season. Such nonsense.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:46 am

The same way Mannone was better than Szczesny at the beginning of the season. Such nonsense.
Not really. Mannone and Fabianski are actually better than Szczesny. A decent performance here and there and people start overrating him. He's actually below average, commits a mistake every other game. Decent shot stopper, but his general awareness is very poor.

Thing to consider is that how much Fabianski was protected by the defence. How many open chances were allowed on target by the defence???
The same defence started against Bayern Munich, 3 goals were conceded, one of which was an error by Szczesny himself. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:13 pm

[quote="ExtremistEnigma"]

The same defence started against Bayern Munich, 3 goals were conceded, one of which was an error by Szczesny himself. Laughing
:coffee:

I dont think any of the goal in that game was his error, its may be that you and I see the role of defence abit differently, Szczesny last error that I can think of is that goal against Aston Villa where he could have done alot lot better. He is certainly better than what Fabianski has showed us until now (before last two games) in his Arsenal career.

mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:20 pm

"Mannone and Fabianski are actually better than Szczesny"

rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:45 pm

mani88 wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Arsenal with Fabianski: P2, W2, L0, D0, scored 4, conceded 0.

Let's be fair to Fabianski. He came up with some huge saves against Bayern, Robben's point blank one on one comes to mind. But Szczesny has more talent than both Mannone and Fab. I think he got too cocky and the pressure of not performing and not being confident in his back four messed with him mentally. A break was warranted.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:53 pm

The problem with Szczesny is that he is too cocky, he is still our# imo,

Fabianski was great past 2 games but he till has long way to go
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum