CBarca
Donuts
BarcaKizz
61 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Agreed BC, but Barca have made it clear a CB is a priority this summer so I have faith that we'll get it done eventually.

I'd rather we get it done sooner rather than later though. And us being linked only with TS is worrying atm

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:05 pm

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/06/27/anderlecht-agree-fee-with-barcelona-for-jonathan-dos-santos-but-await-player-ok/90441/

Apparently we have agreed a E4 million deal with Anderlecht for JDS, but JDS still has to approve.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Thiago Silva has revealed that Barcelona boss Tito Vilanova tried to convince him to join the Catalan giants.

The two clubs faced one another in the Champions League quarter-finals back in April and the Brazilian says he was approached by the Blaugrana one of the matches.

"Tito is a guy I admire," the 28-year-old was quoted as saying by Sportyou.

"After the match between PSG and Barcelona in the Champions League I had a chat with him and he invited me to come play for Barcelona.

"There have been no negotiations yet though, I remain calm for now and want to enjoy my holiday.

"In football you never know, but right now I'm happy at PSG, I'm very quiet, I speak daily with the president, it is very difficult to get out of there."

The former AC Milan man went on to say that French champions are not in a position where they are forced to sell players for financial reason.

"PSG do not sell players, it is a very different situation to that at Milan."
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from the club this summer.

Koscielny has been reportedly interesting the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich following a strong second half of the season.

Asked if he was seeking a move from Arsenal, Koscielny told reporters: "I never said that. I feel very well at Arsenal.

"I am aware it’s a great club and I have a four-year contract. I know there’s talk about me and Barcelona and Bayern, but people make their own conclusions.

"The facts are simple: I have a contract at a club where I am happy. Full stop. We all know how situations change in football but I repeat that I’m not one to make castles in the sky.

"I live in the moment, I seek nothing but to play the best I can.

"In my mind my goal is to win trophies with Arsenal with whom I’m about to start pre-season training. I’ve no ulterior motives.

"I’m at a healthy club, which plays beautiful football, doesn’t lose money every year, sticks to its own budget and plays in the Champions League. Not many players can say the same."
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by kantian Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:28 pm

They just need to show up to PSGs door with 45mil.

kantian
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Given that PSG paid close to that amount last season I would think we would need at least 50m, but probably 55m+

Sidenote: also disappointing market so far from us on the selling front, which has been the case for years now.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Tbf BC there is tons of time yet.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Today is the first day of July lets not start talking about bad transfer summer yet.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:16 am

Back ups CB? We have plenty, Tito has plenty whether the back ups are good enough is another question...
Jeremy Mathieu stated that he was going to be Barca's 5th choice if they didn't get the player they wanted.
This is how Barca's CB going to be looked at...
T.Silva, Koscielny, David Luiz, Agger, Matheui, Marquinhos, Inigo Matinez
All have been rumoured and linked with...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:38 am

So now we want to buy TS for 50+ when we could buy him ~45. and everyone in here was asking for a CB , shouting throughout window. It was crystal clear to everyone bar Tito/management that said stupid faith leading to a 7-0 disaster.
don know why we always do these mess in transfer market.
For selling front we have enough time.....Villa's sell was just waiting for the cup. i am sure the good news will come anytime soon. Loan out news will come slowly as they are usually late deals. people usually busy on buying than finalizing loan deals....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:00 am

If it were up to me....
Buy :
World class starting CB
and youth CB such as Marquinho

we can loan out Bartra and sell Mascherano
use Puyol as a reserve CB.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:43 am

Why loan Bartra?
The kid has been nothing but decent whenever he played.
I say bring a WC CB and just develop some faith in our youth.
Or we can just offload them to Manchester. Sounds like a plan?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:05 am

Because many rumors are linking him to be loaned out, so im trying to keep it a bit realistic.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:50 am

Donuts wrote:Today is the first day of July lets not start talking about bad transfer summer yet.
Yeah this is true, I'm just generally anxious because I don't trust Rosell.

@Sanchez while it's true we were linked to all those, we are not consistently linked to a top 3 or 4 rather than a random set of names, which is what I would like to see.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Those who said that Thiago Silva doesn't want to leave PSG read his recent comments carefully. Did you notice the lines which go something like "It is very difficult to get out of here." ? Smile

The buzz now is that we are zeroing in on Marquinhos but Roma is asking for E30m which we feel is very high.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:01 pm

No... that's not what he said. He said that "Unlike Milan last year, PSG do now want to sell me." Not only can Barca not afford his wages, PSG have also slapped a 50mil pricetag on him, all paid at once, that they will not go off of. That's what it cost them, with bonuses, to buy him (43+7). So it's clear and Silva agrees with the stance.

I just can't see how Barca could get Silva given the monies spent of Neymar so far this summer.

Silva knows that... so he's being careful to not offend either side in case Barca suddenly decide to bankrupt themselves for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Been a long time since I posted.Wont comment on all the rumors.
Really hope Thiago stays.I think the board needs to do everything in their power to make him stay.If that means giving him a better contract, then do it.If that means selling the Lost Lamb,then kick Fabregas out of the club.Anything to keep Thiago.If Thiago does end up leaving,then Tito needs to be shown the door as well.Losing 7-0 is reason enough to get sacked.You don't lose 7-0 with this team. However given his condition and the fact that he won us the league and that it would be bad PR to sack him,the 7-0 can be excused and he can be offered one more season.Losing Thiago however is unacceptable.You don't lose lose the best talent of this generation and get to stay.

On players,Neymar is in.Not entirely pleased as I don't think he is the player for us especially at 57 mil.Too steep a price.Still lets wait and see.A CB still needs to be bought and possibly a more defensive LB.
One signing I would think about is Valencia.Heard he is on the market and if cheap I think he could be a useful option for us.He is a very one dimensional player but what he does,he is very effective and we don't have a player like him in the squad.

Lastly,the Alves needs to be sold talk just makes me sick.He is a legend for us and has given his all for us.Deserves much more respect than he gets.
I agree with every word except the part concerning Nerman, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Losing Thiago would be a disaster, I hope he is watching Xavi's confederations cup and realizes his time in the sun is now.

Alex do you think Deulofeu should be loaned? Right now our attacking options are stacked and I don't believe he will get many minutes.

No,I dont think Deulofeu should be loaned.
IMO an elite talent needs to be brought into the first team much sooner than a normal talent. You cant follow the same progression curve for an elite talent that you would for a normal talent.
Cant expect him to be brought into the first team at 21-22 like others.I think he is ready and he needs to be given a shot.Loaning never works for us.Its best that he stays and we start playying him.Besides what are our other options on that right flank?
Pedro and Sanchez.Both have been underwhelming for the past 2 seasons and at times atrocious.
He cant be any worse than the two of them.I think one of Sanchez or Pedro needs to be sold.
Let Deulofeu and the one remaining fight it out for a starting place on that right flank.And the way I see it,it will probably be the youngster who comes out on top.I think thats the sensible way to go and theres nothing to lose.
Another reason I want the kid to stay is that he doesnt seem like someone who will defer to Messi all the time.Neymar's comments indicate that he will.Deulofeu wont take any nonsense from Messi and we need players like that.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:27 pm

I agree 100% on that point.

Our long history of loaning showing a lack of trust and ultimately us selling the player is also a good reason to shy away from loaning Deulo.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:32 pm

free_cat wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Been a long time since I posted.Wont comment on all the rumors.
Really hope Thiago stays.I think the board needs to do everything in their power to make him stay.If that means giving him a better contract, then do it.If that means selling the Lost Lamb,then kick Fabregas out of the club.Anything to keep Thiago.If Thiago does end up leaving,then Tito needs to be shown the door as well.Losing 7-0 is reason enough to get sacked.You don't lose 7-0 with this team. However given his condition and the fact that he won us the league and that it would be bad PR to sack him,the 7-0 can be excused and he can be offered one more season.Losing Thiago however is unacceptable.You don't lose lose the best talent of this generation and get to stay.

On players,Neymar is in.Not entirely pleased as I don't think he is the player for us especially at 57 mil.Too steep a price.Still lets wait and see.A CB still needs to be bought and possibly a more defensive LB.
One signing I would think about is Valencia.Heard he is on the market and if cheap I think he could be a useful option for us.He is a very one dimensional player but what he does,he is very effective and we don't have a player like him in the squad.

Lastly,the Alves needs to be sold talk just makes me sick.He is a legend for us and has given his all for us.Deserves much more respect than he gets.

If Thiago leaves, it's will be your beloved Rosell mistake, not Tito's. Tito didn't even know Thiago had a clause in his contract that made his release clause go from 90 milion to 18 if he didn't play X number of games. He wasn't informed by the board.

Neymar will be a good signing.

Valencia wouldn't make any sense for us, unless he came to play as RB and replace Alves, which wouldn't make sense either as we already have an offensive FB for the future in Jordi Alba.

First of all,Rosell isnt beloved to me.Some things he has done,I completely disagree with.Other things I agree with.
Dont agree that Tito is completely blameless in this.Even assuming you are right that Rosell didnt tell Tito(somehow find that hard to believe),still Tito surely reads the papers.He must surely have read about the clause that Thiago needed to play x number of games.Even assuming that he is a hermit and doesnt read papers or watches TV,he is still the coach.He saw Thiago every day during training.He interacted.I am sure Tito knew that Thiago was dissatisfied with not playing enough.Surely he knew.If he didnt thats poor man management.Surely as coach he saw that Thiago was better than Fabregas and deserved more minutes.Surely as coach he should have started Thiago in atleast a couple of big games and trusted him a bit more(Pep started Thiago in a lot of big games).
Taking all that into consideration,I think Tito has to take a lot of the blame.Not saying Rosell is blameless.Just that Tito is just as much to blame if not more.

On Valencia,I disagree.He can offer us a different dimension as a forward.He is very very good at beating his man and putting in a cross\cutback.One of the best crossers in the world and almost always finds his man.Not to mention he is a good physical specimen,something which we lack. He is also very good at helping out defensively.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:38 pm

CBarca wrote:Valencia had an underwhelming year. Doesn't mean much...it happens, but I don't agree he is a good option for us to buy, I agree only if he comes cheap. What he is is a player who can beat his man out wide and put a cross in- a lot like Navas (and he is just as one footed). However we already have a player like this at Barcelona in Tello. The only real difference I see is the way they go about it- Tello going on the outside of the RB and crossing it in with the left or cutting back and passing back or crossing with the right foot, whereas Valencia is on the RW and goes on the outside of the LB and hits it in with the right foot or passes it back with...the right.

To me, I don't see anything Valencia offers that Tello doesn't other than being more effective on the RW. In fact Tello offers more with being a decent finisher and being able to shoot.

I think Valencia being effective on the RW is somewhat valuable though, but that we should only at the right price. Which is unlikely.

You cant be serious CB.I like Tello.I think he is a good player and can be good for us.But there is no way he is a better player than Valencia.Valencia was brought in to replace CR7 and has done a remarkable job for United.He has been a very important player for them these years and I would argue one of their top 3 players(atleast first 3 seasons).Had an underwhelming year but that happens.Still a far better player than Tello.And far more effective.Valencia almost always beats his man and has an inch perfect delivery.Tello struggles to beat good defenders and his delivery is not that great.
Not suggesting that we definitely buy him.Just that at the right price,he could be an option for us.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Roura said in a press conference that they (Tito and him) didn't know about that clause in Thiago's contract. So no, they weren't told.

When the papers mentioned that clause, there was no way Thiago could reach the necessary games.

Who would head VAlencia crosses? Messi, Neymar and Iniesta...? Unless we don't sign a header, Valencia is useless to us.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Maybe so.
Regarding the number of matches,most paper reports suggested that he just needed to start the last match.Can you shed some light on that?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 pm

So it is rosell's fault. One more reason to hate him. The gift that keeps on giving Proud

Thiago still made enough impact to play more based on merit alone. Like other young talents, he was ignored too often. And that is on them. Even when we won the league we still played the best possible eleven in shameless record hunting.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Maybe so.
Regarding the number of matches,most paper reports suggested that he just needed to start the last match.Can you shed some light on that?

Yeah, no way he needed to start only the last match to get his clause at 90 milions. Every match didn't count as a match played unless he had at least 30 minutes played.

I agree that Tito has some blame, mostly because Thiago should have played a lot more instead of Fabregas and Xavi, because he is superior to both currently. But Tito thought differently and he didn't play him for sporting reasons, not knowing this meant his clause to be much lower. So we can blame him sportingly for not playing him, but not for the contract situation.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:08 pm

On Valencia,he doesnt necessarily need to cross.Point is that he is very very good at beating the fullback on the outside, something which we have stopped doing altogether.It would be useful to have a player who can go on the outside.That way we have variety in the forward line.Neymar who cuts in, Messi the false nine and Valencia the traidtional winger sort of forward who beats the fullback on the outside and puts crosses or cuts the ball back.
Valencia can cut the ball back across the box excellently and we know Messi loves to stay on the edge of the box for those balls(pretty much the only positive movement he makes).

Besides I think his crosses can be very effective too.You dont have to be a giant to score from headers.If you have as good a crosser as Valencia then you just need smart players in the box who can find that extra yard of space.
If you recall,Rooney is not much taller than Messi and he scored a ton of headers from Valencia crosses.And it was not because Rooney won headers over towering defenders.He was smart enough to find space in the box and Valencia found him with alarming regularity.Both Messi and Alexis have very good heading technique and I am sure Valencia can find them.

So no he wont be a useless signing.I am willing to bet that he would be an excellent signing for us.But its never going to happen.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Alex my point was not that Tello was better but that we already have a similar player to Valencia who fulfills the same role. I think you may be right that Valencia is a better player than Tello, but it's also worth noting that Tello is younger and has gotten better every season since we have had him, and does offer some things Valencia can't. On the whole, at the moment, Valencia is the better player, I just don't know if going for him would be the right option since we have Tello who is a very similar player. Unless he comes cheap that is. That has also increasingly become Pedro's role in recent times since he has not made as many runs in behind, he often has sometimes tried to beat the fullback on the right and cross it in on the ground.

Also it's worth noting that while Valencia does cross a fair amount in the air, my experience watching him is mostly that he likes to cross the ball across the box on the ground or cut it back on the ground. This would happen even moreso in Barca due to our lack of height.

Alex I don't rule out Valencia altogether, I'm just not sure what price he would come at, and unless it was fairly cheap, I don't see much use in buying Valencia. I also feel he is more at home in the EPL than in La Liga, but as Navas has shown us, there is definitely room for players like him in La Liga too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next