Rossoneri Ninja
tonger
Ganso
Kaladin
10 posters

Go down

The Bojan Verdict Empty The Bojan Verdict

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm

So apparently we might snap him up for 8-10 mil, Galliani was also negotiating with Rosell to lower the price. Question is, is it worth it ?
Bojan is a great forward and everytime he is on the picth he gives his 100%, he even adds a new perspective to our attack when he comes on.
But is it worth it to shed out 10 mil for a forward? Funds could've went to reinforcing the defence which is indeed a must this summer. Dont even mention our dilemma of pursuing a vice-Monty, and young GK. Dont get me wrong Bojan is brilliant, and on his day he can offer a masterclass performance. But with Balo, SES, Niang, Pazzo and Ema (returning from loan) and not to mention youth promotions, do you think it is worth it to go after him?

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Bojan Verdict Empty Re: The Bojan Verdict

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm

10M is way off.We should be paying 5-7M,and for that price i would definitely keep him.Other than that,no way
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:16 am

bojan is no more than a sub for the future, he can contribute, and does give the effort every game. but for the reason of just a sub, and financial reasons, i would say 10M is a bit too much for the role he provides and will provide in the team.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 am

I disagree with everyone, I want him gone, he's rubbish , one dimensional, and earns way more that what he deserves. Go back to Spain pls.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:38 am

In terms of depth, I'm fine with keeping him. He does add something to the team when he comes on. I don't think he will be a starter given the players we have, but can be a great sub and player for depth.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 pm

As a player that could provide depth, it could be argued that he offers tactical flexibility as the best option in the squad to play a central role in a 4-2-3-1, whilst he has always been a very technically gifted player, however I am with Ninja in being absolutely against his purchase. Whilst Bojan offers us the ability to switch to a 4-2-3-1 when under pressure, his future is inherently limited by his inability to fit into our 4-3-3 and we will simply drain him of use should he be relegated to a position in which he will never be a regular starter. It's unfair on Bojan and it doesn't benefit us greatly when we could be looking for a forward who can play the wide role competently and challenge our whole front line.

As a player his decision making is poor, his goal threat exaggerated, his physique poor and his mentality highly questionable. Bojan is clearly a nice guy, however I simply don't believe he's ever going to be one of the world's best. His transfer fee is considerable and takes away from our ability to chase the players we really need for our first team, which must be the priority before we service our depth. If he were realistically available for a fee such as 5 million euros, then we could entertain the idea as he is at the very least already integrated into the squad, however Barcelona could get much more than that for him from a different club.

He doesn't fit our set-up, plain and simple. It's a situation very comparable to Emanuelson. Both are decent players who need to find space in clubs where they will be used in a way that brings out their strengths. Both are very nice guys who fit in well in the dressing room, however both should be plying their football elsewhere next season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Definitely keep. Everyone here knows my opinions and reverence of young Bojan.

Fact is I am confident that Galliani will lower the price to around to 10k which would be an excellent price for a 22 year old, brimming with technical ability and talent.

Yes, he does not fit the 4-3-3, but it is not as if we are building our side completely around this favoured formation as through the switch of 4-2-3-1 and recently, 4-3-1-2, Allegri has shown that 4-3-3 is merely just a favoured formation rather than a pure staple.

Despite a wide forward role and CF role being his natural position, all of us Milanisti need to acknowledge that by now, he is at his absolute best in a role directly behind the striker. For that, he doesn't have to use his frail physique, excels in his decision-making along with adding a completely new dimension from that position. Every single time he has played there, he has presented the missing link from the midfield to the strike-force and usually has our play more dynamic and passing better as a whole.

We cannot fault him for his slow development as he has not had all too many chances to play let alone coming off the bench. It is acknowledged by now that he, along with Kevin Constant is a hand-picked Allegri signing as Max himself has requested the board to purchase the Spaniard. So far, Allegri seems to be happy with his performances and Bojan himself, absolutely loves this club.

He is and must be part of our youth movement in which Allegri has excelled exceedingly this season and I am confident he can and will be a key part of our squad. Evidence is there as Bojan along with El-Shaarawy, Petegna and Niang spends a very specialized and unorthadox training regime with Max Allegri and 1-2 other staff members in which Bojan also is augmenting his physique and development.

Has everyone forgotten his 5 (official) MOTM performances for us?

I truly hope we purchase him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:59 am

I think we should keep him but hopefully at a reduced price
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 am

Arquitecto wrote:Despite a wide forward role and CF role being his natural position, all of us Milanisti need to acknowledge that by now, he is at his absolute best in a role directly behind the striker. For that, he doesn't have to use his frail physique, excels in his decision-making along with adding a completely new dimension from that position. Every single time he has played there, he has presented the missing link from the midfield to the strike-force and usually has our play more dynamic and passing better as a whole.

I truly hope we purchase him.
but he'll be once-again redundant when the resurgent Ricky Kakà (he's looked good in recent times, hasn't he?) returns as the marquee signing of the summer ...

and you'd want him to be purchased? like for more than pure, uncut frrrrree?
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:53 am

There will be no more Kaka sagas, I believe he will be back to Brazil after this season.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:42 am

Its not that he's worth x amount of money, it's simply have to do with the fact that he has no place in the team at this moment and keeping him would be detrimental to his development as a player.

Going forward with our youth development i can't foresee Bojan playing in vital role in it. The forward line is set for a couple of season's already granted nothing untoward happens.

I thought he had a bright start and will slowly work himself into the starting AM role, however the change to the 4-3-3 was the worst thing that could've happened to him. Since then he hasn't shown enough character to warrant a place in the side going forward. I understand that for him to start playing and integrating well is to get more minutes on the field, but what can Allegri do ? Bench Niang so Bojan can play wide forward or revert back to the 4-2-3-1 and bench the resurgent K.P.

He's clearly 5th pick in the pecking order right now, and i think it would be ludicrous for us to spend anything above 5-7 Million on a player so far behind a starting role.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Bojan? Please send him back to Barca. Thumbs up
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect