LeVersacci
Onyx
71 posters

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

FIFA 14 discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: FIFA 14 discussion

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Information about career mode here:

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-14/25505-fifa-14-career-mode-the-new-features

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-14/25518-fifa-14-career-mode-preview

Still not sure about the scouting feature. They've got rid of the overall, so instead you should actually be able to watch/try the player out prior to making a bid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Liking the sound of these improvements Thumbs up 
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Doesn't career mode get boring?
I can almost never get into it.

I'll get past the summer window and 3 games in and I'm already bored
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:03 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Doesn't career mode get boring?
I can almost never get into it.

I'll get past the summer window and 3 games in and I'm already bored
Well then its down to EA to make it exciting.

But i doubt they would do it, online is what sells and that's what they will focus on rightly or wrongly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:09 pm

It gets boring after about 3 seasons to me. They need to set different achievements in later seasons to make it worth playing. Otherwise you just play and play the same thing till all that's left in the market are computer generated players and young players like Hazard are about to retire Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Yeh it gets boring after a few in game months. Every match starts to feel the same and you just want the Summer transfer window to arrive. In January you don't get any money.

There's nothing to do in between games. They need to have things like training sessions, the ability to watch players when scouting them, more in depth advanced tactics etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:52 pm

As much as I love to have a dig at EA, there's not much they can do to MASSIVELY improve the shelf life of career mode

Even if it was close to exactly what real life careers are like, it's essentially a career mode where you decide how many games you want to play in 1 stretch

No matter what they add, it's always going to come down to how many games you want to play before you're bored. And it's impossible to change that.

My suggestion is you space it out, because no matter what happens in-between games, you'll get bored after playing the cpu 20 times
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:58 pm

I don't even touch Career mode really these days, playing the CPU bores me to tears. FIFA to me is Ultimate Team and Pro Clubs.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:59 pm

They could maybe have a 'live' career mode, where you can only play a certain amount of matches in a real life week. Maybe the 'live' match you play actually lasts 90 minutes, not 12 minutes.

Also the teams you face should play exactly how they do in real life. So better CPU.

Maybe also a co-op career where someone from your friends list controls the teams you're going to play next.

Or maybe an online career mode as well.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:02 pm

I just find it boring to play against the computer in general...I don't think there are any new features they can apply which would change that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Yeah some ideas are not bad. But a simple you Vs CPU career mode will never keep people interested because as I said it's limitless and it's up to you how often/little you play. And no matter what 'extras' they add in, it's just you playing non-stop until you get bored.

One idea i've always liked is that co-op career mode. However different from you, it'd be you and friend(s) in a genuine career mode against cpu.

You could either have it like Pro Clubs where you make a club that's not real with your own players, or just control real people depending on which club you're at.

I prefer the first one. You work your way up, earn money, sign new players, get stadium/youth upgrades etc etc.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:07 pm

I would prefer if there was an option/mode that would allow real people to play against you in your career - I believe Madden had incorporated this in the past. I'm not sure how many people would be lining up to play against other people, however I think it would be fun to see what other people (as well as other teams) have done to revamp their teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Yeh I saw a decent pro clubs idea earlier.

Basically pro clubs would have real life teams and let's say your pro was a CF, he would replace the real life teams CF when playing.

It would make it more balanced. Right now it's just slow generic defenders and midfielders.

Something to add onto the idea would be you can only select lower star teams when you start and eventually upgrade to 5* teams.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Not a bad idea Dom but there's a few problems

First off, if everybody used their own custom teams it wouldn't be like a proper career mode. You'd have the same players playing for more than one team/people dropping in and out/ transfers not really working/ would leave the whole mode in a mess etc etc.

Then you have ability levels. And there would be plenty of cases where poor players with bad teams come up against decent players with 5* teams and they'd definitely be put off playing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:18 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:I just find it boring to play against the computer in general...I don't think there are any new features they can apply which would change that.
Make the AI better and more challenging would be a start.

Make the stadiums more alive and more of an impact on games.... like say if you go away to Stoke it shouldn't feel the same as it does to go away to Man City.

Make the computer more intelligent with tactics and decisions to adapt to your playing style during the game.

Last but not least have a salary cap based on turnover and income, to stop unrealistic big money transfers from teams who can't do it.

All these things would improve the experience and make the single player more of a addictive proposition, there's probably more things they could do but i can't think of much else right now.

If they really wanted to implement these improvements and others they could, but they won't because they know what gets them sales is Ultimate Team, Clubs and standard H2H.

They are definitely ways of improving the single player experience if they wanted to.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Clubs is the most neglected game mode of all time

It's still at the point where your CPU teammates are unrealistic looking, have stupid names, get randomly picked for you etc etc. Not to mention the 4,000 glitches/game faults i've mentioned before.

That needs a HUGE revamp before anything else. But as per usual the cash cow ultimate team gets a lot of time invested into it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:22 pm

One person would use their custom team and the other player would be using whatever team that person is set to play against. I do agree that some people would be put off at the idea of playing with a crummy 3.5 star team, but that is the only way I can see myself enjoying a career mode.

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh I saw a decent pro clubs idea earlier.

Basically pro clubs would have real life teams and let's say your pro was a CF, he would replace the real life teams CF when playing.

It would make it more balanced. Right now it's just slow generic defenders and midfielders.

Something to add onto the idea would be you can only select lower star teams when you start and eventually upgrade to 5* teams.
That is already incorporated in Fifa 13. As you move up to the higher divisions, your team gains stars and players improve. Once you reach a high enough level you will notice that players improve and are able to do more advanced skill moves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Unfortunately the players are still terrible. And it goes beyond the actual stats.

The game mode as a whole is more unresponsive, laggy and buggy. And then you throw in players who are all easily better than any real life players, you got yourself the most unbalanced mode of all time.

And to counter act this, people use the MOST defensive formations, set ups possible. Which leads to extremely boring games the likes of which bore me to tears.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Yeh I meant as in real life teams. So you wouldn't be able to select Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc while you're in division 10.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Ehh, I'd have to disagree with that. When playing as an any for my friends 5 star team, I was content with the players at my disposal.

So long as you stick to your region and have a reasonable connection speed, I have found pro clubs to run smoothly. Once we decide to play together, one of us is going to be dealing with lag.

As for people playing defensive formations, there is nothing we can really do to change that. I always play my offensive formation - at the end of the day it's just a game and I fail to understand how people can enjoy playing with such defensive formations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Trust me brah people use the excessive defensive lay outs. (Particularly in the higher divisions) because it aids them massively against pace abusers and it's far too easy to play in such a way on Pro Clubs. Unlike in real life.

I understand people playing defensively, but the way Pro Clubs has been made is quite unrealistic. Because it massively favours people who choose to do so. If people want to play a 5-4-1 with people tracking back that's fine, but EA need to make it as it is in real life (Which is the aim of FIFA) and make sure their attacks are extremely hard to put together.

But the pace factor comes in, and you only need 2 people in the oppositions half, one to pass to and one to make a run over the top and get in on goal. They need to balance clubs more.

Speaking of which, when are you up for clubs? Haven't held an xbox controller in a long time, so i won't be great but i'll probably do ok.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Clubs is the most neglected game mode of all time

It's still at the point where your CPU teammates are unrealistic looking, have stupid names, get randomly picked for you  etc etc. Not to mention the 4,000 glitches/game faults i've mentioned before.

That needs a HUGE revamp before anything else. But as per usual the cash cow ultimate team gets a lot of time invested into it.
Really? oh well it simply being there is a seller for the franchise Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:59 pm

The game mode IDEA is fantastic

You and friends work together against others instead of repetitive, meaningless 1 v 1s.

But it's just so basic. All they need to do, without even adressing the game problems is:

Custom Kits (Already exists on FIFA online)

Custom teammates. CPU ones. I don't care if we can't change their stats. BUT, we should be able to name them, change their boots/hair/looks in general. Give us something to work through instead of just cups that don't exist.

Also, one issue I have that pisses me off with FIFA in general is commentary.

If you're playing the first game in a new division, the commentators act as though you're about to get relegated.

If you need a win, and you're say... 3-0 up and they score. The commentators will ALWAYS act as though you've taken the lead. And if you're say, 2-0 down and score. They will 100% say you've fallen behind.

It's little mistakes like this that ruin the atmosphere of the game. Hell, Robinho's commentary name is Revillere (Spelling?) and you can't change it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Btw when you're on, make everybody a club manager.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:54 pm

A revamp of pro clubs would be a blessing.

Being able to pick kit numbers instead of having it based on position. (I want 12 but don't want to play as ANY)

As you rank up, you have the option of signing players (not real life players but FIFA generated players with bumped stats) or introduce training etc for the players you have other than pros.

Fix the offside rule. Make it so if I'm running and there's a late pass that my pro won't continue to run for it and let another player who is onsides sprint for it.

If there is no any make the AI 2000% more responsive and less brain dead. I could be a few yards from the AI and if I call for the ball they will attempt to chip it to me :facepalm: 

Make cup matches more available and easily accessible. Custom kits etc

Balance the pace and strength or find an inbetween. I don't want the shortest pros being so OP.

I'll probably think of more in like 10 minutes
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Does editing the kit number on your pro not work? Haven't noticed.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 39  Next