Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
FalcaoPunch
OLpower
DeletedUser#1
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bale is not "EVEN" Spurs' best player - Page 2 Empty Re: Bale is not "EVEN" Spurs' best player

Post by nasir6371 Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 am

Gil wrote:Lol at these guys trying to save face. You got it way wrong, move on breh. Laughing

Bale is officially Ronaldo's heir. Some of the goals he's scored these past few months have been unreal.

Dembele is a glorified Ramires/Sami Khedira. Good player obviously but his impact on games is beyond overstated.

Bale to score more FK goals in 1 season than Ronaldo's career Proud

nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Bale is not "EVEN" Spurs' best player - Page 2 Empty Re: Bale is not "EVEN" Spurs' best player

Post by S Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:03 am

Firenze wrote:goallegacy in chat earlier

"Bale is overrated" Laughing

Surag facepalming claims that Bale has been goating for a while now when he places mediocre players like Hernanes on a pedestal :facepalm:

Bale is a one trick pony complete player. :bow:

What ? Laughing

I never carry out serious conversations on chat if i'm being completely honest.And i'm a Bale fan myself ever since he tore the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal a new one in the 2009-10 season.I was being in my usual troll mode when a few months ago he was infact shut down by Lazio's 2nd choice RB in Cavanda which allowed to me take a few jabs at him since,lets be honest here there's ridiculous hype surrounding him for a while now .Nothing much really.

This year he's shown he's worth the hype and he deserves all the plaudits and appraisal he's getting.Forza Bale ,i only hope you dont develop an arrogant persona like CR.Then that would certainly make me hate him.

And as for Hernanes,if this guy played in the PL right now,most of you premfaces would be fapping your d*cks off :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:11 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Haterade aside he wasn't even good today. Two free kicks that were both gk errors albeit the first deserves some credit, and in open play he did nowt special, in fact he actually struggled with Lyons pressing
Reported for talking sense, using logical points to articulate your case and doing so in a clear, concise manner
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 am

If he wasn't even good and still scored 2 goals Bale can continue to fking suck every game and I honestly won't care.

Sepi this thread is really a premature ejaculation due to the good performances Bale has put in recently. And in the couple weeks or so no doubt about it he has been both Spurs best and most important player.

But overall, is he the most important player? No...no he's really not.

I'll say it again, I watch Spurs week in week out and I have to agree with Mole and Arq here, I've agreed with them before, Dembele is Spurs most important player. Bale surely is the best player, but the most important? No.

I mean, we've seen it before that when Bale fails to step up (although in recent weeks he hasn't failed, but excelled in every game), there have been players that have stepped up. Early on in the season it was Defoe, then we saw Dempsey start to hit good form, and Lennon has turned in some game winning performances as well.

Without Dembele we don't even can't even hold the ball or pass out from the back to allow Bale and Lennon to work their magic. We're dire without Dembele, we really are.

Bale has been amazing recently he really has, but he's still not our most important player IMO. That's still Dembele.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:59 am

Spurs don't even create that many chances from open play and Dembele is the #1 playmaker on the team. He's nowhere near the most important player.

1. Bale
2. Vertoghen
3. Lennon
4. Dawson
5. Dembele

In that order in my opinion.

Just a case of fans overrating an underrated player. It's like Liverpool fans who claim Lucas is their most important player or United fans who do the same with Carrick. Madrid fans with Alonso.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:10 am

Dembele provides far more than just creating chances.

For me, all you have to see is Spurs with Dembele and Spurs without Dembele to decide who is the most important. It's clear as day. Spurs without Bale is a more capable, and more potent force than Spurs without Dembele. We've seen both this season.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:48 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:And dembele isnt even that good Laughing

Yes, unfortunately we'll have to settle with Dembele being the best CM in the Premier League. I only wish he could be better, however, I guess this idiotic comment is shaped by the kit he chooses to put on.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 am

Cotes wrote:Bale is not "EVEN" Spurs' best player - Page 2 ItrAe6dyDMLOe

Goal keeping error

:facepalm:

Second one was though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:53 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Haterade aside he wasn't even good today. Two free kicks that were both gk errors albeit the first deserves some credit, and in open play he did nowt special, in fact he actually struggled with Lyons pressing

Other comment aside, I would agree with assessment. Bale was largely average for most of the game, and was Defoe level on a couple of sitters. This game should of never been close, but our finishing in the final third is atrocious.

However, when we sell Bale we'll have enough money for a quality left winger (obviously not as good as Bale), Moutinho (dream come true), and some form of world class striker (not hard to be better than Defoe and Ade).

While I think we'll lose out on a player that can win games on his own, like RVP, in the end I think Spurs will be better for it when push comes to shove in the Champions League.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:03 am

Gil wrote:Spurs don't even create that many chances from open play and Dembele is the #1 playmaker on the team. He's nowhere near the most important player.

1. Bale
2. Vertoghen
3. Lennon
4. Dawson
5. Dembele

In that order in my opinion.

Just a case of fans overrating an underrated player. It's like Liverpool fans who claim Lucas is their most important player or United fans who do the same with Carrick. Madrid fans with Alonso.

As someone that has watched pretty much every Spurs game this season, I couldn't disagree with your list more. This is how I would rate them for the season so far in terms of top XI in the squad:

1. Dembele
2. Bale
3. Vertoghen
4. Sandro (till he got injured)
5. Lloris
6. Dempsey
7. Dawson
8. Defoe
9. Walker
10. Lennon
11. Friedel (yes I know, 2 keepers)

Any time I see someone rate Walker or Lennon I know they don't actually watch Spurs play, because the right side has been our weakness all season long. Outside of the United game, Lennon has been mostly useless, and while Walker has gotten better recently he has largely been just as bad as Lennon up to this point in the season.

As the other Spurs diehard, I'm sure CBarca could provide more insight into this as well.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:06 am

Disagree with Lennon I think he is around the Lloris Dempsey area, probably has been better than both IMO. I don't think you're a big fan of Lennon but IMO he's been one of our best players this season at times and has been a revelation under AVB. He's in for a shout ahead of Sandro and Vertonghen for me. Arguably one of our top 3 players personally.

Dawson ahead of Dembele completely ruins your list Gil. Troll harder brah.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Dembele is still better

Moving on
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Gil are the forefront of stupidity...whats new.

Dawson Laughing

Useless hoof merchant who AVB wanted to sell and is only playing because of injury.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Best does not mean most important. Like Milan for example, best player is undoubtedly El Shaarawy, his scoring+ assisting record is best for Milan and he has won us a shitload of matches and saved us a lot of times from defeat. But is he the most important player? No that's Montolivo. We can cope with games without El Shaarawy, we have done so a couple of times and even when he had rare poor games, there were other people to win us matches. Without Montolivo our midfield is a sight to behold Laughing Looks completely lost, clueless and has negative to 0 creativity. As Mole pointed out Spurs has not won a single game without Dembelee, so he is of some importance don't you think? Definitely not number 5 Laughing Bale is having the season of his life, he gets haters because of exactly these kind of things, calm the eff down.

And Hernanes mediocre rofl What the fck am i reading Laughing Have you seen Lazio's squad Laughing No way are they a CL challenging team, it's a miracle they missed out on CL by the skin of their teeth two seasons back, at least they have Klose now. Before Hernanes had to rely on Sergo fkin Floccari and the great Tomasso Rocchi to take some of his burden :facepalm: He is a world class midfielder and one of the very best players in Serie A. Good god.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:50 pm

reportedly, I repeatedly did Bale's heart celebration gesture at the bar last night :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Mole ffs Laughing

A couple of months later Bale is worth £90m and Demebele is warming the bench. rofl
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:33 pm

Gil wrote:Mole ffs Laughing

A couple of months later Bale is worth £90m and Demebele is warming the bench. rofl
You really do lack reading skills don't you....ok i'll spell it out nice and loud so someone as thick as you can understand.

I never once claimed he was better than bale, i said he was more important at the time and was performing to a higher standard at the time.

You know between August and December when Bale wasn't performing nowhere near the level he did from January on wards that Dembele was Spurs most important player and was the best performing one at the time.

After Dembele got injured and AVB was then forced to build the team around Bale that all changed and i said as much.

Got it now? or is your 40 IQ brain still struggling with the concept?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 pm

Stop hedging your bets lol. You got it wrong, it happens to the best of us. Proud
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:12 am

Mole:"Bale isn't even Spur's 2nd best player. Dembele always was their most important and their best player by a mile."

rofl rofl

Proof of this quote? Yes he actually said it. In this thread.

http://bit.ly/14L6Pcp
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:21 am

Mole you actually think Dembele is better than Bale? rofl

trolldolski
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:12 am

Gil thinking he's right when he's not, what a shocker.

Mole we both stand on the same ground and we're both correct at the time.

Is Arq trolling you? You can go a page back and see that he agreed with both of us.

You guys realize that opinions CAN be correct at one time, and then they can later change due to the fact that circumstances can change? Mole and I both acknowledged later on that Bale had become Spurs most important player. But at the time of the debate, Dembele WAS Spurs most important player. We were right at the time and then later when Bale became the most important player with ridiculous performances we acknowledged that our stance had now changed.

There is a difference between saying 10 years ago "Spurs are shit right now" and saying 10 years ago "Spurs will always be shit". The first statement someone could say today "I was right back then, Spurs were shit, but now they are a good team", the latter statement you have to say "I was wrong, because they clearly aren't shit now".

The former is what Mole and I said regarding Dembele, the latter is not.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:24 am

Glad you're pointing it out CB it annoys me how people fail to grasp that.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:27 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Glad you're pointing it out CB it annoys me how people fail to grasp that.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Maybe the worst thing anyone has ever said on this forum. Bale is thriving in Spain while Dembele is incapable of passing the ball more than five yards. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Swanhends wrote:Dembele is still better

Moving on
brilliant bhends...just brilliant rofl

yet another reminder that correlation is not causation, you absolute moron
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Swanhends wrote:
Swanhends wrote:Dembele is still better

Moving on
brilliant bhends...just brilliant rofl

yet another reminder that correlation is not causation, you absolute moron
Sepi's footballing genius and naus proved once again :bow:

Mole Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next