Lex
Mamad
The Franchise
ronalessi
Onyx
98 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh my the happiest day in the world has arrived. There are no EPL teams in the Quarters. You know what happened the last time when there were no EPL teams in the Quarters?

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 12 JUVENTUS%2095-96

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Since we're talking about wrong calls. Why the f*ck isn't anyone bringing out the fact that our goal should've stood in the first half? We should've been winning by half time.

Yeah and if we do that we can talk about a couple other Man Utd pen calls, the Varane red in first leg and so on...

The red today was biggest decisions of them all to go the wrong way, 1 goal doesnt end the tie..but losing a player does.

Thats why its getting the most talk, naturally.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 12 Ib2BsbUFyoZpqQ

Nani has his eyes on the ball, all the time. He then hits Arbeloa in the underarm, not chest when Arbeloa runs towards him not the other way round.

That's why it was harsh.

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Ferguson is refusing to do press conference.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 pm

juveman17 wrote:Oh my the happiest day in the world has arrived. There are no EPL teams in the Quarters. You know what happened the last time when there were no EPL teams in the Quarters?

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 12 JUVENTUS%2095-96

I wanted United to go through but its still a consolation for me in the end that there will be no English team in the quarters.

I sympathize with United and their fans though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 pm

ronalessi wrote:Ferguson is refusing to do press conference.

Well thats considering Ferguson is a whiner when things dont go his way.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Not really "harsh" as much as "blatantly wrong".

For those who are saying "intent doesn't matter boohoo". Stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:17 pm

CBarca wrote:Not really "harsh" as much as "blatantly wrong".

For those who are saying "intent doesn't matter boohoo". Stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

He kicked him in straight in for the challenge. Its a 50-50 call to make depending on the situation. Was it harsh? Yes. Was it the wrong call? No. The ref had every right to make that call.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Since we're talking about wrong calls. Why the f*ck isn't anyone bringing out the fact that our goal should've stood in the first half? We should've been winning by half time.

Yeah and if we do that we can talk about a couple other Man Utd pen calls, the Varane red in first leg and so on...

The red today was biggest decisions of them all to go the wrong way, 1 goal doesnt end the tie..but losing a player does.

Hey I keep repeating that it wasn't a red. Yellow at best. But if people keep saying that this changed the match then that disallowed goal was equally important. Being 1-0 up mean that United would've to open up and try to score thus leaving room for the counter. And that's our game tbh.

If we're talking about one decision, why aren't we talking about the other?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm

btw intent does matter.... earlier this season Coloccini got sent off for us without even touching Suarez but because the intent was there he was sent off.

Nani was going for the ball and his eye on the ball, showing pictures when he made the contact just shows you are just trying to support your argument.

There is huge difference between what De Jong and Zlatan did etc etc to what Nani did....

There was no intent to hurt, and it does matter its in the bloody law books lol.

Yellow for me but meh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm

You are furious because you are barcelona fan.

I see 10 worst calls every week end.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:btw intent does matter.... earlier this season Coloccini got sent off for us without even touching Suarez but because the intent was there he was sent off.

Nani was going for the ball and his eye on the ball, showing pictures when he made the contact just shows you are just trying to support your argument.

There is huge difference between what De Jong and Zlatan did etc etc to what Nani did....

There was no intent to hurt, and it does matter its in the bloody law books lol.

Yellow for me but meh.

Exactly it was a 50-50 call.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:20 pm

so

there is a player

does exactly what nani does obviously without eye contact, but kills the other player

not a red?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh someone get out the violins for poor Nani and United Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 pm

Like man u has never gotten an iffy call.

Like barca has never gotten an iffy call.

etc.

Karma is a biatch for teams who are used to getting bs calls and now have to be victims of them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 pm

timzink wrote:I want United to go through as im an epl fan to go through but unfortunately I think Madrid will go through, they have too much quality not to . Manchester 1: Real 2

Can we please have some timzink love ? I was one of the few people that called it correctly . If you want to make an appreciation thread about me as well i wont stop you .

It was a red card, as roy keane said there doesnt have to be intent for a dangerous act to warrant a red card and tbh the team that had a better chance of winning the competition went through, fair result
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Lex wrote:Oh someone get out the violins for poor Nani and United Rolling Eyes

Someone get a tissue for Gus Johnson. That prick was a Man Utd fan the whole game.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Hey I keep repeating that it wasn't a red. Yellow at best. But if people keep saying that this changed the match then that disallowed goal was equally important. Being 1-0 up mean that United would've to open up and try to score thus leaving room for the counter. And that's our game tbh.

Because the red is the most important one as I said.

Yes, you being 1-0 up means they have to open up. Thats true.

But Varane being sent off in the first leg, that game would of been different too and you might need even be in the position where 1 goal up today would be enough.

The point about this decisions is, it killed the game basically.

This is the problem, if you give a none call (like not giving a red to Varane, not giving a goal for Madrid) the game continues on even terms. Both are wrong, but the game continues on equal terms.

A wrong red is the worst decision of all, because it nearly always ends the game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

timzink wrote:
timzink wrote:I want United to go through as im an epl fan to go through but unfortunately I think Madrid will go through, they have too much quality not to . Manchester 1: Real 2

Can we please have some timzink love ? I was one of the few people that called it correctly . If you want to make an appreciation thread about me as well i wont stop you .

It was a red card, as roy keane said there doesnt have to be intent for a dangerous act to warrant a red card and tbh the team that had a better chance of winning the competition went through, fair result

:bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Idiot wrote:so

there is a player

does exactly what nani does obviously without eye contact, but kills the other player

not a red?

This. Jumping with a high kick without watching if you may kick hard another player is a big foul. That kick landed and honestly half the referee would have gave the red.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Lex wrote:
danyjr wrote:I have to say, United players, their coach and fans should be absolutely proud of their performance. They showed why United has been the best English team in recent years. They don't have the money of City or Chelsea, they bring in British talent unlike Arsenal who constantly poach talent from foreign countries, yet they are always up there and often higher than the rest.

You have to give credit when its due. I wish I was a United fan right now, even though I know they are unjustifiably hurt.
calm down, sweetie rofl

He is very calm.Pls go, you are useless here.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:Like man u has never gotten an iffy call.

Like barca has never gotten an iffy call.

etc.

Karma is a biatch for teams who are used to getting bs calls and now have to be victims of them.

Like you have never gotten iffy calls before this too.

Every big team gets calls, but naturally people are going to complain about when they are as fatal as today. I dont think its strange people are reacting like this.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Lex wrote:Oh someone get out the violins for poor Nani and United Rolling Eyes

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 12 Tumblr_lil3wgVeP61qcvehpo1_500
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 pm

juveman17 wrote:

He kicked him in straight in for the challenge. Its a 50-50 call to make depending on the situation. Was it harsh? Yes. Was it the wrong call? No. The ref had every right to make that call.

I have to wonder if the ref was doing his best Vermaelen performance by ball-watching. You're not supposed to watch the ball in the air (for obvious reasons), you're supposed to look at the players who will be challenging for it before the ball reaches them (again, for obvious reasons). Or at least the area of challenge.

If he had been looking at the players he surely would have seen Nani's eyes on the ball the whole time, his leg out to trap the ball like a player will do.

Those talking about intent, those talking about it being an obvious red. Please, please explain to me what Nani is supposed to do there.

There is a reason why that's not a red. You should be able to lift your leg up in this game without fear of a red.

Was De Jong's kick a red? Yes. He knew exactly what he was doing and he went in to hurt Alonso- that's not allowed. It's a red.

Nani was simply trying to trap a ball and he receives a red for it.

People in the US and around me specifically call "soccer" players "field fairies". It's a shame (for them, they miss out on such a good sport). But with calls like this being made, you have to wonder where exactly is the sport heading? No more tough challenges, and even accidental cases like this one are being given a red.

It's worrying.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 pm

I don't know if it's tue but according to twitter Rooney said after the game that Barca defeated them by playing football while Real Madrid defeated them by robbing them..

But seeing as it's twitter, I'm going to say it's fake..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Because the red is the most important one as I said.

Yes, you being 1-0 up means they have to open up. Thats true.

But Varane being sent off in the first leg, that game would of been different too and you might need even be in the position where 1 goal up today would be enough.

The point about this decisions is, it killed the game basically.

This is the problem, if you give a none call (like not giving a red to Varane, not giving a goal for Madrid) the game continues on even terms. Both are wrong, but the game continues on equal terms.

A wrong red is the worst decision of all, because it nearly always ends the game.

Pointless to be bring the first leg up. That match was over and no one was complaining.

You can't possibly say that the wrong decisions in this match were of an equivalent value than that of the first leg.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next