Is sitting back with a solid defense and counter attacking the most effective way to play?

+15
CBarca
Swanhends
Highburied
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lupi
TheRedStag
The Franchise
S
harhar11
cyberman
Jack Daniels
BarrileteCosmico
urbaNRoots
Die Borussen
Onyx
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is sitting back with a solid defense and counter attacking the most effective way to play? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is sitting back with a solid defense and counter attacking the most effective way to play?

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 pm

And your still wrong.

Barca, 2 finals in 4 years..won many more big games than they lost along the way.

Dont think so short term.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is sitting back with a solid defense and counter attacking the most effective way to play? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is sitting back with a solid defense and counter attacking the most effective way to play?

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Barca are the best possession side in the World though. And solid defenses are required to actually stop them. Not every team can successfully pull it off and not everyone has purely sat back vs Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:58 pm

So whats the question?

Is sitting back the most effective way?

Answer is no based on what I seen and I provided relevant examples.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:So whats the question?

Is sitting back the most effective way?

Answer is no based on what I seen and I provided relevant examples.

But one time a team sat back and won. Actually it happened twice. So....
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 pm

There is no such thing as the most effective way to play....

They are many different styles and all are effective in the right situations.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:No... Madrid just sucks when having the ball most of the time.

I disagree.

Madrid tend to play very direct football.

I liked madrid tonight how they move the ball.

Your biggest problem is still defensive area.

Always said, Ramos and Pepe should feck off.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 pm

if you're not good enough to out-possess the other team, than yes it is the most effective way

otherwise possession whoring will always be more effective
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Swanhends wrote:if you're not good enough to out-possess the other team, than yes it is the most effective way

otherwise possession whoring will always be more effective

/thread

If you're limited and you aren't better than the other team/can't keep possession vs the other team, then counter attacking is probably the best way to go about trying to win, which is why underdog teams do it.

But otherwise possession football is probably the best way.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Again.

Milan didn't exactly sit back, but yeh...

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm

They did but then they scored a goal and saw that Barca were vulnerable and started attacking more in the 2nd half

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 pm

What matters is if the players suit a system.

barca sitting back and then launching quick counters would be a fail. they are best at slow buildup possession. and they have been the most successful european team the past 7 years or so so that kinda debunks your theory.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:49 pm

mt has such a fifa mind set.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:What matters is if the players suit a system.

barca sitting back and then launching quick counters would be a fail. they are best at slow buildup possession. and they have been the most successful european team the past 7 years or so so that kinda debunks your theory.

I'm not saying Barca should do it, but I don't think it'd fail. Pique and Puyol are solid. They can use Messi, Sanchez/Pedro/Villa in a 4-2-3-1 with Iniesta at AM. Similar to how we play.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Abramovich wrote:mt has such a fifa mind set.

Laughing you edited that post you slick bastard
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Bet it was RG, wasn't even a bad comment.

It's my personal feelings and I'd put good money on it being true :whistle:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 pm

What did it originally say? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 pm

It was unnecessary, and I'm glad it's edited. I love mt :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Milan didn't really sit back though hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm

I love mt too he makes me chuckle :wub:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Abramovich wrote:I love mt too he makes me chuckle :wub:

Why do you keep harrassing my favourite GL posters ?

first Gil and now MT. Sort it out mate Clubber

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 pm

They are my next targets, I just need to find ample opportunity to bend them over and make sweet love to them Heart
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2