VanDeezNuts
urbaNRoots
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeviAngel
16 posters

Go down

Lazio to sign Louis Saha Empty Lazio to sign Louis Saha

Post by DeviAngel Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:37 pm

Lazio have reportedly signed free agent Louis Saha as a replacement for the injured Miroslav Klose.

The German international is set to be sidelined for two months and the Biancocelesti are concerned they lack cover.

Stories in Italy today are suggesting that the former French international, who terminated his Sunderland contract on January 31, will put pen to paper on a Lazio deal.

Saha will be handed a contract until June, with an option for the 2013-14 campaign.

The striker, now 34, has a past with Metz, Newcastle, Fulham, Manchester United, Everton and Tottenham.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Lazio to sign Louis Saha Empty Re: Lazio to sign Louis Saha

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:48 pm

Laughing Might as well have bought no one.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:51 pm

rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:52 pm

holy cow, had no idea saha was still playing.. actually shocked hes only 34. thought he was closer to pushing 40.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:01 pm

How long is Klose out for?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How long is Klose out for?

2 months.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:13 pm

The former Manchester United and Tottenham striker believes that he can be of assistance to the Biancocelesti during Miroslav Klose’s two-month, injury-induced absence

Lazio to sign Louis Saha 108379hp2

Louis Saha has declared himself delighted to have joined Lazio on a free transfer, having had his contract with Sunderland terminated by mutual consent at the end of January.

The forward had failed to break into the first team at the Stadium of Light after joining the club in the summer of 2011 and was released on a free transfer last month following spells at Everton, Tottenham, Manchester United and Fulham during over a decade of playing in the Premier League.

"I am very happy to be here at this big club," the striker told reporters at a press conference on Wednesday.

"I have found a great group and working with them will be a real pleasure for me. I want to give my best. I am here to help the team during this [Klose’s] injury and I’m happy to do it.

"I know on Saturday it will be a big game against Napoli and I am here to help. In life you must always try to give your best. I am a very competitive person, so the important thing is to always do better.

"This is a great team and a great country. I am happy to be here."

Biancocelesti president Claudio Lotito was quick to praise the 34-year-old, and also hinted that he would play a big role in the second half of the season.

"Saha is a person who can give a great contribution to this club," said Lotito.

"His history speaks for him and he has come to Lazio with great motivation. He can help us reach our objectives as we deal with a few injuries.

"He is not the only new signing, as we have already secured Colombian Bryan Perea for next season."

Klose was ruled out for around two months with a knee injury and head coach Vladimir Petkovic believes Saha will give the Italian side options even when the striker comes back to the first-team fold.

"Saha is not just a replacement for Klose," said Petkovic. "When the German returns, we will have more options available to us. His arrival makes us even more competitive."
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Lazio rofl Signing this horrendous abomination of a player Laughing

I remember Saha when he for Tottenham last year and said: "The goals will flow"

They didn't.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:56 pm

ahh long gone were the days of crangotti's money for lazio now signing 34 year old rejects
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 pm

marottalad wrote:ahh long gone were the days of crangotti's money for lazio now signing 34 year old rejects

Lotito is actually one of the richest men in the Mediterranean yet is notoriously known in not splashing cash and even withdrawing when an slightly expensive deal is going through. Lazio have a lot more money than the common conception yet Lotito simply is too much of a penny pincher to care. Hence the Laziale frustration against him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
marottalad wrote:ahh long gone were the days of crangotti's money for lazio now signing 34 year old rejects

Lotito is actually one of the richest men in the Mediterranean yet is notoriously known in not splashing cash and even withdrawing when an slightly expensive deal is going through. Lazio have a lot more money than the common conception yet Lotito simply is too much of a penny pincher to care. Hence the Laziale frustration against him.

fk really! i had no idea. it's kind of annoying how other leagues bring in rich presidents and their more then open to splashing the cash and making profits for the club and winning trophies but when it comes to serie a presidents berlusconi,agnelli,moratti now lotito are sitting on all this cash yet the clubs still basically run thelselves. if they don't wanna do the psg, man city business models of buying star players in every position then build new stadiums and invest in more youth, is it just me or does everything in italy happen so slowly :facepalm:. i no serie a teams are planning to build new stadiums but that is 15-20 years allready too late.... less siestas and lattes more working planning needs doing
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm

marottalad wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

fk really! i had no idea. it's kind of annoying how other leagues bring in rich presidents and their more then open to splashing the cash and making profits for the club and winning trophies but when it comes to serie a presidents berlusconi,agnelli,moratti now lotito are sitting on all this cash yet the clubs still basically run thelselves. if they don't wanna do the psg, man city business models of buying star players in every position then build new stadiums and invest in more youth, is it just me or does everything in italy happen so slowly :facepalm:. i no serie a teams are planning to build new stadiums but that is 15-20 years allready too late.... less siestas and lattes more working planning needs doing

Things were stunted by Calciopoli. Since the new trio of Baggio, Rivera, Sacchi and Albertini and since 2010, Italia and Calcio has been on the rise as evidence by being the youngest league within the Top 5 along with more innovation, more talent and better football then in the mid-decade. Lazio already has its plans and groundwork blueprint for a stadium as they just need permission from the Roma Municipality to start the project. Several other Italian clubs outside the top also have started already.

The family and generational system that Serie A has is far better than these short term business models and once the stadia ownership permission is eventually granted when Napolitiano leaves, it'll be a whole new stream of progress.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 pm

Laughing oh no! Not Saha Laughing
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Finally, a striker that makes Juventus' selection seem superior

Top 10 attack in the league :coffee:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:02 am

I don't understand this transfer at all, pulling up a player from the primavera would have been better.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:03 am

Why do people still sign this guy?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:04 am

............i guess it could've been worse
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 am

thanks arq... i didnt know about lotito... but how rich is he... whats his net worth.. does he own like business of some sort?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:08 am

for club like lazio they are going to benefit from these kind of signings... it would have been surprising if inter milan juve roma signed him

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 am

Lazio just... wow. For Calcios sake they can't get into Europe. They make so many pointless budget signings. And not youth either...

That's not even a mid-table signing ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:18 am

Rocchi to Inter, replace with Saha.

Serie A :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:31 am

TomJuve wrote:Lazio just... wow. For Calcios sake they can't get into Europe. They make so many pointless budget signings. And not youth either...

That's not even a mid-table signing ffs.
Lazio are a solid team that has a higher chance of making it far into the CL than Udinese, Roma, and maybe Napoli and Fiorentina.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:43 am

:coffee: complete that retirement house banana
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 am

I like roma i wish they got their sht together with coaches and made the final spot for the champions league qualifier italy needs juve, ac milan and 1 of napoli and roma to qualify for europe because the other clubs just sell and waste a spot... thanks udinese and as for inter i hope they finish last and get relegated to serie b :coffee:
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down