Kick
JAY-Z
Onyx
RealGunner
Art Morte
94 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 4 Empty Re: David Moyes is a Football Genius

Post by the xcx Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:56 pm

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 4 73410810

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 4 Empty Re: David Moyes is a Football Genius

Post by M99 Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:45 am

Moyes>>>>Messi
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:39 pm

well I realised now that Art had created this thread, and named it 'appreciation thread' :bow: Art you have been legend, you should keep appreciating the opposition players and managers Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:29 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10550179/Manchester-United-manager-David-Moyes-sees-tenure-marked-by-220m-being-wiped-off-stock-market-valuation.html

Manchester United manager David Moyes sees tenure marked by £220m being wiped off stock market valuation wrote:
Manchester United manager David Moyes' failure to chase down Premier League's top four has seen the club's worth tumble by £220m in a month.
Manchester United’s struggle to challenge for Champions League qualification has led to £220million being wiped off the club’s stock market valuation in a month.
United, who will be without the injured Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Ashley Young for Sunday’s FA Cup third-round tie against Swansea City at Old Trafford, have seen their share price on the New York Stock Exchange drop by more than 12 per cent from £10.68 to £9.36 since Dec 6 – despite the S&P 500 Index on which the club is listed enjoying a two per cent per cent overall rise in that time.
With the total valuation of the club at £1.75 billion on Dec 6, it had dropped to £1.53 billion during morning trading in New York yesterday.
The drop in the club’s value dates back to early October. Although ­United’s share price rallied in late November, following the announcement of positive forecasts of annual turnover in quarterly accounts, the loss in value since early December has coincided with the team’s inability to break into the top four.
United announced a 29.1 per cent rise in revenues for the first quarter of the year, but while forecasted revenue for the full year was £420-430 million, that figure was based on the assumption that the team would finish at least third in the Premier League this season and reach the Champions League quarter-finals.

With United drawn to face Greek champions Olympiakos in the Champions League round of 16 next month, Moyes’s team appear to be on course to achieve the target of progression to the last eight.
But with Tottenham Hotspur consigning United to their fourth home league defeat of the season on New Year’s Day, the champions lie seventh, five points adrift of fourth-placed Liverpool.
Failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League would mean United missing out on at least £20 million in prize money and potentially damaging their commercial appeal.
United remain determined to add to their squad this month, however, with the club’s owners, the Glazer family, prepared to sanction moves for players identified by Moyes.
Senior figures at United also remain confident that the club can comfortably survive missing out on the Champions League next season, with sizeable funds in place for summer transfer activity.
Despite the growing gap between United and the top four, Moyes insists his team remain capable of climbing the table and challenging in the FA Cup and Capital One Cup, with a semi-final first leg against Sunderland looming on Tuesday.
“I will still keep plugging away and try to win the league games,” Moyes said. “That’s the job. It’s getting that consistency that’s really important. We have yet to find that really, albeit we won six [consecutive games] and had a defeat. I think we had four Premier League wins before the defeat [against Tottenham], but if you are only judging it on results, fine.
“But if you are judging it on performances then it would’ve been a fifth win after how we played.”
Moyes, meanwhile, confirmed that Rooney would miss the Swansea game after having a scan on a groin injury, with Van Persie still sidelined with an injured thigh.
Young will also miss the Swansea game after suffering a shoulder injury following a challenge by Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris on Wednesday.
Young has had a scan and Moyes is hopeful that the injury is just bad bruising.

Shocked

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Kick wrote:Moyes Linked to Chelsea.  Chaka

rofl

(Just looking back at some of the comments)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:David Moyes special

48 games played at Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and Emirates

ZERO WINS

rofl rofl

I hope you are with me on the fact that he is one of the most overrated managers in the history of the PL today. Does f**k all with Everton yearly and gets praised as if he is the second coming of Shanks.

Sepi and Arq :bow: Only ones who were not deceived :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:39 pm

United's first hat-trick of losses since 2001

Moyes Proud
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm

The gift that just keeps on giving Proud.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:07 pm

When City, LFC and Arsenal fans all don't hate a Utd manager, you know something is wrong.

This whole appointment has been a disaster.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:12 pm

David Moyes is a Football Genius - Page 4 Screen21
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:34 am

When he'll be sacked ? hmm
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:19 am

I hope he gets sacked soon. I see what the Manchester United fans say on their forum and they act like the club is so morally superior that they will not sack a manager after several months of terrible results, and football.

It's shocking stuff. Some people even report others for being too pessimistic. I seriously cannot imagine how any self-respecting fan could think Moyes is doing anywhere near a decent job.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:49 am

Usually I would say you need to give a manager at least a season before sacking them...Moyes has done such a terrible job that I'm actually thinking perhaps it's not wrong for United to sack him right now. It's not like United have made much improvement since the beginning of the season, anyway.

I mean, no doubt some of this is due to injuries (namely to RVP)...how well would United have done last year without RVP? And the squad is hardly a championship winning squad (which shows how good SAF was).

But the level at which this Man U team is playing at is...shocking.

I guess I still say let him see out the season but man.

Not that I hope he gets sacked. This is great entertainment.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:37 am

He is not going to get sacked after losing first leg of Capital One Cup lol. The only way he will get sacked during the season is if CL qualification for Man Utd is almost mathematically impossible. Even then the chances are low.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:50 am

no he should be sacked for being god awful.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 am

SAF Proud Read some persuasive stuff on redcafe that the only reason he picked moyes was his scottishness
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:03 am

Haha what a clown.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:57 pm

This is the difference between you guys and us. We simply dont operate that way. Imagine the majority of these players playing under one coach for their entire career and now suddenly having to adjust to someone who bring totally new set of ideas. It takes time. It has to. Players are also humans.

Now that thing with us is some of these senior players are finding hard to get motivated under him and play like they dont give a damn any more.  These players I am sure will pack bags and leave next summer.And promising youngsters like Nick Powell, Angelo Henriquez, Wilfried Zaha and Jesse Lingard I believe will get into the first team. Added with that a couple of transfers and we will be back in the mix guys. Dont worry.

Majority of Man U fans are saying we need to stick with Moyes (Redcafe poll indicate 74.6 % fans want him to stay Proud) Its because unlike you guys we all know the harsh reality. And we are patient enough to give him at least 18 months of time come what may.

the xcx wrote:Haha what a clown.

Man City fans are the best.  rofl

For centuries they even didnt have a club to support. Consistently  being our biatches. Hiding under our aura.

Now that suddenly out of the blue they got some Arabian sugar daddies to finance them and buy whoever the coach points his fingers to after playing Football manager. They come here and laugh at us.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:59 pm

If things continue this way, in 18 months, you'll literally be just another mid-table club. Better to nip it in the bud than let the rot fester
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Lex wrote:If things continue this way, in 18 months, you'll literally be just another mid-table club. Better to nip it in the bud than let the rot fester

Smile 
We dont, at least I dont mind we being a mid table club for 18 months, if we can improve after that.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:30 pm

He needs to get sacked, I don't see anything to suggest that he deserves anymore time.

I also posted this in the United section, a Preston fans take on this:

As a PNE fan I've seen Moyes progress in his managerial career but he doesn't seem capable of changing from his early days at deepdale. I've watched United closely in their last four games and similarities between this United team and his Preston team 12-13 years ago which is astounding. Things that cropped up then and now 1. Every man back when defending set piece (asking for more pressure) 2. Over-reliant on wingers/full back for creation 3. Central midfield well too deep to effect game positively 4. Slow predictable build up 5. Substitutes too late in game

This is exactly how are we playing right now, seems to me that we're playing exactly the way he wants us to. Over a decade and he has still failed to learn from his mistakes, what will another 6 to 12 months do? As might as well cut our losses now and sack him.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Lex wrote:If things continue this way, in 18 months, you'll literally be just another mid-table club. Better to nip it in the bud than let the rot fester

Smile 
We dont, at least I dont mind we being a mid table club for 18 months, if we can improve after that.

And how do you intend to do that exactly? Failure to attain Champions League football this season (which is looking more likely by the week) will almost surely see off Rooney, possibly RVP, Vidic's agent is saying it's unlikely he'll renew his contract after the 6 months remaining on it are up this summer, and several others will surely have an eye on the exit door as well. Even more ominously, it will be nigh on impossible to attract any of Europe's top players to the club without Champions League football - making it even harder for you to get back into it the season after. You struggled desperately to attract any big names this past summer when you were Champions of England and in the Champions League, what would be the attraction this time around should you finish mid-table and out of it, and possibly even Europe altogether? What would the selling point be exactly? "Hey Europe's elite players, come to Manchester United. We have no Champions League football to offer, just finished mid-table (your own hypothetical scenario), all our top players have either left or are trying to leave (presumably), and are headed by a nobody manager who hasn't won anything in his entire career." Sounds like a plan.

Believe me, the rest of us are only too happy to see you and your ilk piously take what you believe to be the moral high-road in sticking with an incompetent manager. Keep it up. Cheers.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:This is the difference between you guys and us. We simply dont operate that way. Imagine the majority of these players playing under one coach for their entire career and now suddenly having to adjust to someone who bring totally new set of ideas. It takes time. It has to. Players are also humans.

Now that thing with us is some of these senior players are finding hard to get motivated under him and play like they dont give a damn any more.  These players I am sure will pack bags and leave next summer.And promising youngsters like Nick Powell, Angelo Henriquez, Wilfried Zaha and Jesse Lingard I believe will get into the first team. Added with that a couple of transfers and we will be back in the mix guys. Dont worry.

Majority of Man U fans are saying we need to stick with Moyes (Redcafe poll indicate 74.6 % fans want him to stay Proud) Its because unlike you guys we all know the harsh reality. And we are patient enough to give him at least 18 months of time come what may.

the xcx wrote:Haha what a clown.

Man City fans are the best.  rofl

For centuries they even didnt have a club to support. Consistently  being our biatches. Hiding under our aura.

Now that suddenly out of the blue they got some Arabian sugar daddies to finance them and buy whoever the coach points his fingers to after playing Football manager. They come here and laugh at us.
Dude you dont know me. FYI I actually feel sorry for Utd to their players and fans. Im not enjoying their awful season by one bit. You have offended me just so you know.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Shed wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:

Smile 

And how do you intend to do that exactly? Failure to attain Champions League football this season (which is looking more likely by the week) will almost surely see off Rooney, possibly RVP, Vidic's agent is saying it's unlikely he'll renew his contract after the 6 months remaining on it are up this summer, and several others will surely have an eye on the exit door as well. Even more ominously, it will be nigh on impossible to attract any of Europe's top players to the club without Champions League football - making it even harder for you to get back into it the season after.

k to that will jut say one thing
How City just after the take over, and more recently Spurs attracted players.

Shed wrote:
You struggled desperately to attract any big names this past summer when you were Champions of England and in

Yea we were champions. That made us complacent last time in the transfer market. Do you seriously think its gonna repeat.

Shed wrote:
Believe me, the rest of us are only too happy to see you and your ilk piously take what you believe to be the moral high-road in sticking with an incompetent manager. Keep it up. Cheers.

Yea we know. But its not your fault. You guys got used up to that.
You guys fired the coach who made you kiss Champions League trophy for the first time in your history half way next season when Chelsea failed to make it past the first round. I doubt anything can top that.

And btw how can you say Moyes is an incompetent manager. By merely judging the results until now. if he was really incompetent how did he last for 12 years at everton and turned them into a very good side.
Its only about adjusting to the Man U way, where he has failed miserably so far.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:45 pm

the xcx wrote:

Dude you dont know me. FYI I actually feel sorry for Utd to their players and fans. Im not enjoying their awful season by one bit. You have offended me just so you know.

Seriously ? come on.
How can you say you are not enjoying a rival's downfall. I am sorry its hard to believe.

Regarding my comment on Man city's change of fortunes, I only said the truth . If it sounded like an offence .. there .. I am sorry.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:46 pm

rofl this is gold
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next