*Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World?

+15
Arquitecto
Great Leader Sprucenuce
juventus101
Rossoneri Ninja
worms
McAgger
RealGunner
S
Kaladin
The Franchise
Lupi
Ganso
urbaNRoots
Valkyrja
Onyx
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World? Empty *Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World?

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 pm

The return of the 'best in the world' series.

Who are the top 5 CB's in the World?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World?

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Silva
Vidic
Pepe
Kompany
Hummels

Ramos and Chiellini 6 and 7.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World? Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World?

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:28 pm

• Thiago Silva
  • Barzagli
  • Hummels
  • Dante
  • Kompany
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Thiago,Barzagli,Kompany,Dante,Hummels

edit:looks exactly like urban's Mad
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Thiago,Barzagli,Kompany,Dante,Marquinhos Very Happy
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Kompany? Based on this season, especially the CL...yeah, I dont know about that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Silva, Dante, Barzagli and Hummels. 5th is a hard choice since its been a bad year for defenders...Chiellini stands out....Pepe and Ramos no....Kompany not good this year....cant choose :/
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Thiago Silva,Barzagli,Chiellini,Hummels,Dante.(Based on this season).

I fail to see how Chiellini cannot make the top 5 list.Some arguments would be appreciated.

Last edited by Surag on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Hard to pick.

Silva
Barzagli
Hummels
Dante
Chico Flores hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Surag wrote:Thiago Silva,Barzagli,Chiellini,Hummels,Dante.(Based on this season).

I fail to see how Chiellini cannot make the top 5 list.Some arguments would be appreciated.

I view Chiellini in the top 5 btw, just that most people would point out his Croatia game and the Final and just disregard the unbeaten run and how he's beasting after the injury, so dont worry ^^
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 pm

The Franchise wrote:Kompany? Based on this season, especially the CL...yeah, I dont know about that.
He was poor in CL,but he has been pretty good in the EPL,at least from what i have seen.

Tbh i just dont want to vote for either Pepe or Ramos, any other top CB could make it to that 5th spot and it would be discussable
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:00 am

Even in the league I think he been less than stellar to me.

Pepe and Ramos aint even in the running to me, missed games and even when there, awful at defending set peices and letting runners in behind. Both would be better with different partners.

This season, noone will readily say it, but Pique has been the best in the league. Not just through the eye test, but looking at Barca with and without him...its shocking the difference. Though part of that is our back up's suck tbf. Needs to do it for longer to regain his former status, especially in some crucial CL games but just mentioning him early.He missed some games too so despite his performances I cant put him there either.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:17 am

Agger and the rest. I could've sworn we had this thread not long ago.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 am

Barzagli
Chielni
Thiago Silva
Pique
Ramos

worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 am

The juventus duo of Chiello and Barzi, Thiagoat and most definately Bonera
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:02 pm

Chiellini, Barzagli, Hummels, Silva, and Dante. Vidic would normally be #1 in my opinion but hasnt been at 100% in a long time.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agger and the rest. I could've sworn we had this thread not long ago.

The same Agger who got raped by Benteke and Kenwyne Jones? and was left for dead by RVP the other week? pls go.

Anyway it's TS, Chiellini, Hummels, Bonucci and Dante based on this season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Barzagli has been Juve's best CB this season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Surag wrote:Barzagli has been Juve's best CB this season.

Chiellini has been you're best CB, its no coincidence at how many points and goals you have been conceded during his absense.

And when i have seen you, Bonucci impresses me more than Barzagli.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:its no coincidence at how many points and goals you have been conceded during his absense.

And that is all Barzagli's fault ? He's been near faultless again this season,the consistency he's shown has been simply outstanding.And There's no way Bonucci has been better than Barzagli this year no matter how much ever he might've impressed you.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Surag wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:its no coincidence at how many points and goals you have been conceded during his absense.

And that is all Barzagli's fault ? He's been near faultless again this season,the consistency he's shown has been simply outstanding.And There's no way in hell Bonucci has been better than Barzagli this year no matter how much ever he might've impressed you.

Did i say its his fault? only that Chiellini has clearly been the best CB in the world this year and how you have struggled during his absence makes that pretty clear.

Not only is he by far the best defender but he is also the heart and the leader and now that has been ripped out you look a lot weaker.

I can guarantee right now, if Barzagli had been injured instead of Chiellini you would have more points.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 pm

But still you're not far off from your opinion anyway and its not something overly wrong or anything.The only thing i disagree with you is not having Barzagli in the list of Top 5 CB's this season.Thats about it.Thumbs up
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Tbf Surag it was incredibly tough, to choose between Bonucci and Barzagli as i think they have both been outstanding.

If there was a top 6 i'd choose them both Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Surag wrote:

And that is all Barzagli's fault ? He's been near faultless again this season,the consistency he's shown has been simply outstanding.And There's no way in hell Bonucci has been better than Barzagli this year no matter how much ever he might've impressed you.

Did i say its his fault? only that Chiellini has clearly been the best CB in the world this year and how you have struggled during his absence makes that pretty clear.

Not only is he by far the best defender but he is also the heart and the leader and now that has been ripped out you look a lot weaker.

I can guarantee right now, if Barzagli had been injured instead of Chiellini you would have more points.

The games where we have actually conceded goals/dropped points has been due to individual errors and incompetence of players especially on that left hand side from the likes of Peluso and Caceres to an extent.

Mole you also forget how Asamoah has been sorely missed in these past few games.He has that left side locked up more often than not which does help Chiellini's cause as well.Not discrediting Chiellini,but i just thought i point that out.The games where we have actually looked out of place in defense is mainly due to the left hand side being a bit of a weakness.

Barzagli has been amazing this year.Maybe apart from Silva,I cant find any other CB who has been more consistent than him.He's another player who doesnt make too many mistakes.Chiellini's probably Juve's most important defender,he's definitely a decisive player in big games but when it comes to consistency Barzagli gets the nod for me.

This is all a subjective opinion from me anyway.You'd still see a lot of Juve fans disagreeing with me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agger and the rest. I could've sworn we had this thread not long ago.

The same Agger who got raped by Benteke and Kenwyne Jones? and was left for dead by RVP the other week? pls go.

Anyway it's TS, Chiellini, Hummels, Bonucci and Dante based on this season.

No.
Watch the goals again.

Bentekes two goals were fault of downing and skrtel not agger.
RvP got a direct pass from Wisdom being a pussy hiding from the ball Agger's mark wasn't there. The whole game RvP was in his pocket.
Jones I agree.

Hummels this year was roasted by naldo,ilicevic, Ming son and holtby yet conveniently no one mentions that.

Agger has been fantastic season while Skrtel deserves the bulk of blame not hi
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next