*Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World?

+15
Arquitecto
Great Leader Sprucenuce
juventus101
Rossoneri Ninja
worms
McAgger
RealGunner
S
Kaladin
The Franchise
Lupi
Ganso
urbaNRoots
Valkyrja
Onyx
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World? - Page 2 Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World?

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agger and the rest. I could've sworn we had this thread not long ago.

The same Agger who got raped by Benteke and Kenwyne Jones? and was left for dead by RVP the other week? pls go.

Anyway it's TS, Chiellini, Hummels, Bonucci and Dante based on this season.

No.
Watch the goals again.

Bentekes two goals were fault of downing and skrtel not agger.
RvP got a direct pass from Wisdom being a pussy hiding from the ball Agger's mark wasn't there. The whole game RvP was in his pocket.
Jones I agree.

Hummels this year was roasted by naldo,ilicevic, Ming son and holtby yet conveniently no one mentions that.

Agger has been fantastic season while Skrtel deserves the bulk of blame not hi

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

*Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World? - Page 2 Empty Re: *Best in the World series* - Who are the top 5 CB's in the World?

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agger and the rest. I could've sworn we had this thread not long ago.

The same Agger who got raped by Benteke and Kenwyne Jones? and was left for dead by RVP the other week? pls go.

Anyway it's TS, Chiellini, Hummels, Bonucci and Dante based on this season.

No.
Watch the goals again.

Bentekes two goals were fault of downing and skrtel not agger.
RvP got a direct pass from Wisdom being a pussy hiding from the ball Agger's mark wasn't there. The whole game RvP was in his pocket.
Jones I agree.

Hummels this year was roasted by naldo,ilicevic, Ming son and holtby yet conveniently no one mentions that.

Agger has been fantastic season while Skrtel deserves the bulk of blame not hi

Arq it's Moal, what do you expect when it comes to Pool. I'm just going to leave him alone while he pretends Newcastle are still relevant.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Righto Laughing i'm the one in the wrong when you're the only one who has even mentioned him Laughing

Continuing avoiding the facts and pointing towards "supposed bias" because you can't back up you're own claims.

Maybe just maybe you're delusional and can't see what everyone else sees?

No one on this forum except Liverpool fans consider Agger a top 5 defender but i'm the biased and delusional one?

Yeah right Laughing also i do find it quite funny how you're shifting blame on to Skrtel to cover Agger's short comings Laughing

In RVP in his pocket rofl if it wasn't for Reina and a goal line clearance from Skrtel ( you know that player who you're blaming everything on !?) he would have had a hatrick and Agger completely lost RVP for the goal he scored.

Stop mentioning in him lists such as this, its embarrassing.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Righto Laughing i'm the one in the wrong when you're the only one who has even mentioned him Laughing

Continuing avoiding the facts and pointing towards "supposed bias" because you can't back up you're own claims.

No one on this forum except Liverpool fans consider Agger a top 5 defender but i'm the biased and delusional one?

Yeah right Laughing also i do find it quite funny how you're shifting blame on to Skrtel to cover Agger's short comings Laughing

In RVP in his pocket rofl if it wasn't for Reina and a goal line clearance from Skrtel ( you know that player who you're blaming everything on !?) he would have had a hatrick and Agger completely lost RVP for the goal he scored.

Yeah let's forget the fact that RVP's goal was the only mistake Agger made in that game. I love Skrtel to death as well but he hasn't been anywhere near as good, which is why Rodgers benched him for a 35 year old Carra.

And please these lists are all opinion. You can't sit here and tell me your opinion is better than mine Laughing I choose Agger as one of the Cbs in the world and bias had nothing to it. He's been underrated for far too long.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Also i find it very arrogant and disrespectful that you reject my opinion out of hand because i'm so supposedly bias against Liverpool.....

Messiah has bias against Barca and other things but i still respect his opinion and give my 2 cents why i disagree....

Arq has bias against Spanish and Italian players but i again i respect that opinion and will give my 2 cents why i disagree with him if i do.

And i can say this about almost any person on here....

If you can't do nothing but say don't listen to him because you think he's biased towards you're club aka have no argument so resort to " he hates us tactic so don't bother with him."

Don't post at all, its quite frankly pathetic and childish.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also i find it very arrogant and disrespectful that you reject my opinion out of hand because i'm so supposedly bias against Liverpool.....

Messiah has bias against Barca and other things but i still respect his opinion and give my 2 cents why i disagree....

Arq has bias against Spanish and Italian players but i again i respect that opinion and will give my 2 cents why i disagree with him if i do.

And i can say this about almost any person on here....

If you can't do nothing but say don't listen to him because you think he's biased towards you're club aka have no argument so resort to " he hates us tactic so don't bother with him."

Don't post at all, its quite frankly pathetic and childish.

Fair enough.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm a Liverpool fan and Agger is a good defender but shouldn't be involved in this discussion.He is nothing special.

I bet you I can name at least 15 defenders in the world better than him and no I am not actually going to because I CBA.Don't think it's worth the effort.I bet you the same people saying Agger is top 5 are the people who think Lucas is world class and Suarez is a top 5 forward.It's funny the way they think the majority of our players are some of the best in the world in their respective positions yet we have finished 7th the last 3 seasons.Think about it.

Last edited by worms on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Chiellini isn't better than Silva by no means.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:26 pm

worms wrote:I'm a Liverpool fan and Agger is a good defender but shouldn't be involved in this discussion.He is nothing special.

I bet you I can name at least 15 defenders in the world better than him and no I am not actually going to because I CBA.Don't think it's worth the effort.I bet you the same people saying Agger is top 5 are the people who think Lucas is world class and Suarez is a top 5 forward.It's funny the way they think the majority of our players are some of the best in the world in their respective positions yet we have finished 7th the last 3 seasons.Think about it.

Tell me how you are a Pool fan again Laughing I've seen nothing but hate from you towards the club
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 pm

likeastar wrote:Chiellini isn't better than Silva by no means.

He has been this season, but that's because Silva has been injured quite a lot.

Generally no he isn't and never will be but he has been in better form.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:37 pm

OT:
dat backline of Debuchy-Yanga-Colo-Santon :bow: , hope they become a unit and looks like an amazing defense, can become one of the best defenses of EPL in the coming seasons
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Gotta stay up first Razz but yeah it does excite me Very Happy

Anyway back to topic :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Righto Laughing i'm the one in the wrong when you're the only one who has even mentioned him Laughing

Bias? On what basis am I showing bias? I love Skrtel and Agger equally yet simply pointing out to whom was at faults for which goal as I can guarantee you viewing it in the same perspective if you view the goals themselves.

Agger was marking Welbeck making his wide run inside while RvP simply had an open chance by Wisdom scaring himself out of the ball which RvP exploited in within a gap which was supposed to be closed by Skrtel himself. Agger made several crucial interceptions while RvP was barely visible throughout the game.

Liverpool fans consider him Top 5 since we are the only ones who watch him on a regular basis. We don't put down other players of ours to glorify another. It doesn't make sense.

And hell no I'm not biased towards Italians or Spaniards considering I blast a lot of them throughout this forum. That crap is just fodder from Jibers. I will admit I am biased towards Basque players but mostly out of good fun.

If Hummels can be considered Top 5 than Agger certainly can if not higher.

worms wrote:I'm a Liverpool fan and Agger is a good defender but shouldn't be involved in this discussion.He is nothing special.

Mate please trying to convince everyone you are a Liverpool fan after all the disgraceful comments you make on our players along with not even providing a single evidence of your fanship (posting in our section would be one).

As for evaluation, I can't even begin to comment on the logical fallacies presented there.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Arq, isn't it weird that Liverpool are attracting its own trolls these days? He's not even the first one to be like this in this forum let alone all over the internet.

And back on topic. I think the only way people will give credit to Agger is if we play in the CL. I don't see any other way. Same goes for Skrtel.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Well ask yourselfs this question? how many CBs that are playing in the EL or just playing in a major league are even discussed?

Every single one who is discussed plays in the CL, its just the way it is whether you like it or not.

I mean Kompany was raved about last season and since struggling in the CL now a lot of people don't even consider him top 5, its really protocol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Arq, isn't it weird that Liverpool are attracting its own trolls these days? He's not even the first one to be like this in this forum let alone all over the internet.

I agree.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Based on form, it would be Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Dante, and Hummels.

Based on ability, it would be Silva, Chiellini, Hummels, Barzagli, and Vidic.

So overall, pick any 5 of those 7 and your list is good.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:22 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Tell me how you are a Pool fan again Laughing I've seen nothing but hate from you towards the club

Because I support Liverpool.Just because I don't hype up our average squad doesn't mean I don't support them.

If been a Liverpool fan has taught me one thing it is that:

Realism > Optimism.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:29 am

"Mate please trying to convince everyone you are a Liverpool fan after all the disgraceful comments you make on our players along with not even providing a single evidence of your fanship (posting in our section would be one). "

So I have to post there to prove to other Liverpool supporters on here that I am a fan?Razz Oh noez please sir believe that I am a Liverpool fan,I need your acknowledgement for me to sleep peacefully at night. Laughing

"isn't it weird that Liverpool are attracting its own trolls these days? He's not even the first one to be like this in this forum let alone all over the internet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Keep on convincing each other about how great our players are.Meanwhile I will be a realist and will continue to point out the fact that we are a mid table club and that we are for a reason.If you thinks it's just a coincidence that we have finished 7th in the last 3 seasons then good luck with that. Laughing

worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:43 am

worms wrote:
[b]"isn't it weird that Liverpool are attracting its own trolls these days? He's not even the first one to be like this in this forum let alone all over the internet."

Keep on convincing each other about how great our players are.Meanwhile I will be a realist and will continue to point out the fact that we are a mid table club and that we are for a reason.If you thinks it's just a coincidence that we have finished 7th in the last 3 seasons then good luck with that. Laughing

Laughing I didn't really expect you to know where we finished the last three seasons
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 am

1. How does everyone have the time to watch 4-5 leagues week in week out? I struggle to watch 2-3 games a week...

2. Mole, what sort of debate is "if it wasn't for Skrtel / Reina RvP would of had a hattrick"? They're both done their role in preventing the opposition to score...

3. Skrtel is better than Agger defensively, but I do feel you may argue they're more top 10 rather than top 5.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 am

worms... are you not a barca fan?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 am

Liverpool and Barca fan.I talk about Barca more because I don't like were Liverpool are heading,don't like our playing style,Rodgers or half of our players.Notably Suarez,Sturriage,Sterling,Enrique,Gerrard,Allen,Downing,Reina and Wisdom.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
worms wrote:
[b]"isn't it weird that Liverpool are attracting its own trolls these days? He's not even the first one to be like this in this forum let alone all over the internet."

Laughing I didn't really expect you to know where we finished the last three seasons

I watch us whenever i can on the T.V,and the odd game on the internet,about 20 games a season.

If I could get a ticket to go to some games I would,but guess what,it is nearly impossible to get a ticket to watch a league game.And I am a scouser,I can walk to Anfield in 10 minutes but instead the tickets get sold to foreigners,people from down south and the old fogeys keep all the season tickets to themselves and even when they die the pass them onto their children.That is why the atmosphere is rubbish these days,because it is full of old people and tourists.It is no longer filled with young vibrant young men who actually have a connection with the city and club like the old days.

It's been like this since I can remember,for the last 15 years at least.Why should I love the club if the club doesn't care about me? Why should I care about the club when I can't see a game unless it's a rubbish Carling Cup tie? Why should I love the club when it's meant to be a English club but there is hardly any English players?
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:22 pm

P E P E
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 am

Boateng, Dante, Hummels, Chiellini and Barzagli.

These guys are currently the best cb playing at the moment.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum