Abramovich
The Franchise
II Capitano
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michael Carrick - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Carrick

Post by Busby Babe Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:05 pm

I think the problem, assuming he doesn't play that well this season, is we'll have two experienced players that don't really offer much on the pitch, but a lot off it in Carrick and Fletcher. There's only room for having one experienced guy in midfield, so it wouldn't be at the cost of quality depth. If Carrick played in another position, like CB, it would be less of a problem. Saying that, I do think Carrick will prove useful this season, so there won't be a straight choice between him and Fletcher for now.

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Worrying how reliant we are on him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:54 pm

I think Blind did better in the 2nd half. It was just the 1st half he was abysmal and was unfortunately decisive as well. His positioning relatively improved in the 2nd half. I think it could be because he wasnt played in that role for long.

So Blind still looks the one who can take up that job from carrick. He need to play more games in the role. Perhaps next season against smaller teams. I dont like the idea of buying a De Jong now just to fill in the role.

Gundagon I believe is not a no.6 right ? So in the long run if gundogan is brought it could well be him, blind and herrera that midfield. Getting someone like Schneiderlin would be counter productive now. Carrick still have at least a season and a half left in him.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2