Lex
Highburied
Mamad
Harmonica
Gil
39 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Players who ruined their legacy - Page 2 Empty Re: Players who ruined their legacy

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Oh come on Mole. They won the Olympics with Eto'o and 2 CANs. They also got to the Confederations Cup Final. He has 53 goals for Cameroon and is the highest scorer all-time in the CAN (18 goals). He was a legend.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Players who ruined their legacy - Page 2 Empty Re: Players who ruined their legacy

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Dani... when the fans of your country unanimously dislike you, your legacy is ruined. There's just no getting around that. If he was in the right, then people wouldn't dislike him so much.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Dont agree. I think his legacy is ruined in that one place, but only there.

Just like I said about Figo. His legacy is ruined in Barca, but everywhere else its remains fine.

Etoo is now hated by Cameroonians, fairly I guess, but just there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:
I hate him.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 pm

You hate everyone.

Also Madrid dont count, he didnt have a legacy to ruin Laughing

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:00 pm

andiii wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

How? I haven't heard him doing anything wrong or stupid.

well i don't know how the reasons look to outsiders but at least inter fans feel that way because

1) asked for a big salary increase then went on to perform like crap up until now
2) he throws tantrums like ronaldo on the pitch, except ronaldo actually puts in good performances week in week out
3) this entire situation has happened because of sneijders wish to be such a high paid player when he actually doesn't deserve it one bit

seriously sneijders play has mostly been utter garbage the past couple of seaons. if any other team out there sold such a world class player for 10m the fans would go nuts. inter fans are annoyed because we messed up and could have gotten more money for him, but the reason most of us are just "meh" is because we know he's pretty much worth 10m now because of how he's acted and performed.

1) Errr... Wasn't it Inter who wanted to cut down his wages?
2) Irrelevant.
3) If he's under a contract, he has got every right to demand its terms being honored. No contract says "players wages will vary according to what he deserves at different times"...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:59 pm

I don't judge Eto for what he did, you have to imagine him coming from a place like Cameroon he probably supports the lives of everyone he has ever known, why not take a big pay day to make the burden easier...I know if it was me and I was the provider of all my family and friends I would take the big pay day to make that easier
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Cassano could've been so much more if not for his antics off the pitch over the years. Guti also. And it seems as tough Balotelli is heading that way too.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:09 pm

pep guadiola, leaving barca and going to bayern. he will flop
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:Dont agree. I think his legacy is ruined in that one place, but only there.

Just like I said about Figo. His legacy is ruined in Barca, but everywhere else its remains fine.

Eto'o is hated now but it's not permanent. People will forgive him after some years and remmenber all he did for his country. He has created many football-schools in cameroun and has always make them proud. Cameroon NT is just, as you guys said , runned like an amateur club . There are clans in the team ( Song's friends vs eto'o ones etccc )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Roy Keane
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Emerson, who basically ruined any reputation he had with Juve in his stints in Real Madrid and Milan.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Eto'o is a big one to me.

He's refused to play for Cameroon and his countrymen hate him now (ask Nick). He's also left Inter for Russia just for the money despite being one of the best CFs in the world at his departure...

I get the money part. But refusing NT is a bit much.

Eto literally went at his peak though. He was playing the best football of his career.
Eto'o done everything there is to achieve in football.....

Pele, Moore, Beckenbauer, Best all went to America at the end of their careers for nothing else but to have one last pay day.... just like Eto'o has.

Don't see anyone saying they ruined their legacy.....

Eto'o was one of the best strikers in the world for about 8 years and won Serie A and La Liga as well as the CL 3 times.

Going to Russia for one final pay day before he retires does not change that.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Art Morte wrote:
andiii wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

How? I haven't heard him doing anything wrong or stupid.

well i don't know how the reasons look to outsiders but at least inter fans feel that way because

1) asked for a big salary increase then went on to perform like crap up until now
2) he throws tantrums like ronaldo on the pitch, except ronaldo actually puts in good performances week in week out
3) this entire situation has happened because of sneijders wish to be such a high paid player when he actually doesn't deserve it one bit

seriously sneijders play has mostly been utter garbage the past couple of seaons. if any other team out there sold such a world class player for 10m the fans would go nuts. inter fans are annoyed because we messed up and could have gotten more money for him, but the reason most of us are just "meh" is because we know he's pretty much worth 10m now because of how he's acted and performed.

2) Irrelevant.
3) If he's under a contract, he has got every right to demand its terms being honored. No contract says "players wages will vary according to what he deserves at different times"...

wow, i'm totally bemused how you found something to argue against in that post

1) he demanded a big wage increase after the treble season (when he was already on a good one), then proceed to play like crap since then. essentially were saying that because of this it's no longer right for him to be the highest paid player in the league. combined with our financial troubles we've said we'd like to keep him but he's injured half the time and plays like trash the other half so we can't justify his wage anymore.
2) irrelevant? the point is as relevant as you can get. he's ruined his image by constantly being a bitch when things don't go his way. he acts like a world class player when he hasn't been for multiple years.
i think if you saw inters games every time he played you'd understand why he's tarnished his image. he was honestly playing like utter trash. and the worst thing is it's not technical or form related. it's his attitude 100%. he's been selfish beyond belief in his play and it's been painful to watch. his ego is gigantic and it's unfounded. i think it would be hard to find a player who taken so many selfish long shots and not scored a single long range goal. i don't tink he's scored a long range goal his entire time here. and taken 500million shots
3) he does have every right to say he wants to stick to his wage ofc. but at the same we have every right to say that he's been terrible and doesn't deserve his huge salary. we can't afford his wages and if we could he doesn't deserve them one bit. it's more than acceptable to ask him to reduce the wage a bit. yes technically he's more than entitled to say no. i admit it doesn't lower his image like the first 2 do. but it sure as hell makes it clear he's in it for the money

andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 am

In the history of football, definitely Garrincha. The weird case: half of Valencia team under Cuper, Mendieta, Farinos, Gerard, Kily. And favorite player, Veron from king in Serie A to bench in England.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:19 am

[No way in hell you're starting any more Ronaldo-Messi nonsense in this thread. - RO]

[And now you are spouting out insults against the mod team? Not a very wise act. - RWO]
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 am

andiii wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
andiii wrote:

2) Irrelevant.

wow, i'm totally bemused how you found something to argue against in that post

1) he demanded a big wage increase after the treble season (when he was already on a good one), then proceed to play like crap since then. essentially were saying that because of this it's no longer right for him to be the highest paid player in the league. combined with our financial troubles we've said we'd like to keep him but he's injured half the time and plays like trash the other half so we can't justify his wage anymore.
2) irrelevant? the point is as relevant as you can get. he's ruined his image by constantly being a bitch when things don't go his way. he acts like a world class player when he hasn't been for multiple years.
i think if you saw inters games every time he played you'd understand why he's tarnished his image. he was honestly playing like utter trash. and the worst thing is it's not technical or form related. it's his attitude 100%. he's been selfish beyond belief in his play and it's been painful to watch. his ego is gigantic and it's unfounded. i think it would be hard to find a player who taken so many selfish long shots and not scored a single long range goal. i don't tink he's scored a long range goal his entire time here. and taken 500million shots
3) he does have every right to say he wants to stick to his wage ofc. but at the same we have every right to say that he's been terrible and doesn't deserve his huge salary. we can't afford his wages and if we could he doesn't deserve them one bit. it's more than acceptable to ask him to reduce the wage a bit. yes technically he's more than entitled to say no. i admit it doesn't lower his image like the first 2 do. but it sure as hell makes it clear he's in it for the money

1) You don't just demand higher wages. If you're - as a player - in a position to negotiate a new, improved contract, all right then, but the club does not have to sign it if they're happy with the current one. There are no grounds to say "Sneijder doesn't deserve his wages", because it's not about what you deserve. He and Inter agreed upon a contract and that's all there is to it.

2) If his attitude is bad it doesn't do him any favours, but usually you look at the coach to deal with such issues - or drop him altogether like has been done. I don't see any big issue here.

3) Again, Inter fans can be annoyed with his wages - which is a pretty common issue at clubs, like Joe Cole was for us recently, for example - but there are no grounds whatsoever to try to force a player to lower his wages when there's a contract in place.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Robben buries that sitter and he's a national hero. No idea what you guys are on about.

The likes of Cruyff, Gullit, Bergkamp and Van basten couldn't get the job done ffs.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Your ridiculous.

He dont even make the bench, please wake up.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:Your ridiculous.

He dont even make the bench, please wake up.

Negrito please.

Coming off one of the GOAT seasons any dutch player has ever had, he goes on to score the goal that finally wins Holland a WC.

And he doesn't make the bench? Stop hating brah, it's not you.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Stop being a prisoner of the moment, only like years late.

He aint good enough, end of story.

You have said some silly stuff in your time, this is right up there.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Gone on, make a bigger fool of yourself.

Which of these guys is he better than?

Cruyff, Guillt, Van Hanegem, Rensenbrink, Keizer and if you want go back to far enough, Wilkes.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:Gone on, make a bigger fool of yourself.

Cruyff, Guillt, Van Hanegem, Rensenbrink, Keizer and if you want go back to far enough, Wilkes.
Laughing

Cruyff, van Hanegem and Gullit are obviously better than him.

Keizer was a journeyman and I don't know about the rest. Which tells you all you need to know.

GOAT MVB Robben
Van Hanegem Gullit
Neeskens
Krol Rijkaard Koeman Suurbier
VDS

He scores the sitter and he's a lock for the all time XI

U mad?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Gil wrote:

Laughing

Keizer was a journeyman and I don't know about the rest. Which tells you all you need to know.

GOAT MVB Robben
Van Hanegem Gullit
Neeskens
VDS

U mad?

So Robben over Seedorf, Wilkes, Rensenbrink, and Bergakamp?

Not a chance.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Moal :bow: Completely agreed on Eto'o. Did Batistuta ruin his "legacy" by going to play at Saudi Arabia? No one even remembers that anymore ffs. It's sickening the amount of people that will burn a player because he chooses to accept a fat paycheck in his last years, these are professionals with a limited time-span for their career and in their situation most people would do the same.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Gil wrote:

Laughing

GOAT MVB Robben
Van Hanegem Gullit
Neeskens
VDS

U mad?

So Robben over Seedorf, Wilkes, Rensenbrink, and Bergakamp?

Not a chance.

We're comparing midfielders and strikers with wingers now?

Play everyone in their traditional positions and he gets in easily with a winning goal in the clutch.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next