Luca
Nishankly
Ganso
Valkyrja
DeletedUser#1
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Suarez- Top 10 player in the world - Page 3 Empty Re: Suarez- Top 10 player in the world

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Laughing you can't possibly be serious. I'll just act like I didn't read that.
No, please, present a sophisticated and intelligent response instead.

Honestly, I think he could've saved it using his head instead. He really didn't have to palm it away. His hands are almost in front of his head when he saves it. Suarez was just lucky the whole scenario worked out the way it did. In any case, I can't see how that handball was a good thing. It was the very reason why he missed the next match.

But you have to understand without the handball his team wouldn't even be in the semis. There was no way to save it with his head. The ball was already at the goal-line for him to head it. If you watch the replay in slo-mo, the ball is at the goal-line to his right and his head is a foot away at that instance. No way could he have saved it with his head.

The second part about the handball being stupid is atrocious, he sacrificed himself for the team but we should blame him because he missed the next game.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Suarez- Top 10 player in the world - Page 3 Empty Re: Suarez- Top 10 player in the world

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 am

Nishank wrote:
peerIess wrote:
Nishank wrote:

Lets not forget all those chances he creates for himself, Something rarely most of the players mentioned above could do.

Chances Created
Luis Suarez - 2.8 per match
Robin van Persie - 1.9 per match
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 2.1 per match
Radamel Falcao - 1 per match
Edinson Cavani - 1.1 per match
Cristiano Ronaldo - 1.6 per match
Lionel Messi - 1.4 per match

Dem stats :bow:

The thing is, the stat doesn't even show how many chances Luis Suarez single-handedly creates for himself. It only shows how many passes he gave to other players that resulted on shots on goal, which is an outstanding amount in my opinion. If his own created chances were added in alongside the others, I believe that he would be alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:39 am

peerIess wrote:
Nishank wrote:
peerIess wrote:

Chances Created
Luis Suarez - 2.8 per match
Robin van Persie - 1.9 per match
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 2.1 per match
Radamel Falcao - 1 per match
Edinson Cavani - 1.1 per match
Cristiano Ronaldo - 1.6 per match
Lionel Messi - 1.4 per match

Dem stats :bow:

The thing is, the stat doesn't even show how many chances Luis Suarez single-handedly creates for himself. It only shows how many passes he gave to other players that resulted on shots on goal, which is an outstanding amount in my opinion. If his own created chances were added in alongside the others, I believe that he would be alongside Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Take Ronaldo out, he barely creates shite for himself anymore. No where near Messi and Suarez that is.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:39 am

He is also 3 goals away from being the top scorer in the history of his national team and he is only 25. :bow:

Also Suarez hasn't even peaked yet, We could very well be at the start of his peak, There is so much more to come from this magician.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 am

Can someone find assist numbers for all those players above this season. Suarez has 8, I'm not sure about the rest.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Take Ronaldo out, he barely creates shite for himself anymore. No where near Messi and Suarez that is.

:facepalm:
The "created chances" statistic is reliant on the recipient having a shot on target. Considering Cristiano Ronaldo takes so many shots, he would obviously have a high "created chances" rate.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Can someone find assist numbers for all those players above this season. Suarez has 8, I'm not sure about the rest.

Lionel Messi - 9
Robin van Persie - 9
Cristiano Ronaldo - 4
Luis Suarez - 7
Zlatan Ibrahimovic - 10
Edinson Cavani - 2
Radamel Falcao - 2

Taken off Transfermarkt.de, only using club competitions. Luis Suarez would have 9 assists if you added in international appearances.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 am

Suarez has 8 I'm sure of that. His assist to Sterling today hasn't been tallied in trasfermarkt.de yet
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 am

Here are clinical finishing stats....last number shows 1 goal for x number of shots

Suarez 116 shots 13 Goals = 1 goal for every 8.92 shots

RVP 74 shots 16 Goals = 1 goal for every 4.6 shots

Messi 26 Goals 90 Shots = 1 goal for every 3.46 shots

Ronaldo 124 Shots 14 Goals = 1 goal for every 8.85 shots

Falcao 17 Goals 58 shots = 1 goal for every 3.41 shots

Cavani 13 Goals 63 shots = 1 Goals for every 4.84 shots

Ibrahimovic 18 Goals 84 shots = 1 goals for every 4.66 shots

Rooney 7 goals 52 shots = 1 goals for every 7.42 shots

so Suarez is the worst finisher in the list it seems, taking him almost 9 attempts at goal to score 1 goal. :coffee:

falcao > messi :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Here are clinical finishing stats....last number shows 1 goal for x number of shots

so Suarez is the worst finisher in the list it seems, taking him almost 9 attempts at goal to score 1 goal. :coffee:

Let me quote myself because I already commented on this

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:he doesn't have teammates like Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Benzema, Ozil, Di Maria, Rooney, Lavezzi, Arda, Hamsik to share the burden of the team with. So he has to take on himself to carry the team. Have you seen us play without Suarez? We're absolutely pathetic.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Here are clinical finishing stats....last number shows 1 goal for x number of shots

Yeah he is, So?
He doesnt have WC players feeding him on a chair with a spoon. He has a 18 year old Raheem brainless chicken Sterling on one wing and a 20 million Stewart I will start playing when the window arrives Downing.

You fail to read the above posts as well.

Last edited by Nishank on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:52 am

Nobody is making the attempt to debate on Suarez' finishing acumen. We all know he is an inconsistent manager. The argument goes well and beyond in the sense of his overall influence for the team. That, which is stats cannot even tell due to the magnitude of his contribution.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:54 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Suarez has 8 I'm sure of that. His assist to Sterling today hasn't been tallied in trasfermarkt.de yet

He got 260 assists today, according to the fantasy site. If only I'd had him as captain. Razz

Suarez- Top 10 player in the world - Page 3 Fantas11
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 am

I do have him as my captain :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Let me quote myself because I already commented on this

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:he doesn't have teammates like Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Benzema, Ozil, Di Maria, Rooney, Lavezzi, Arda, Hamsik to share the burden of the team with. So he has to take on himself to carry the team. Have you seen us play without Suarez? We're absolutely pathetic.

Nishank wrote:

Yeah he is, So?
He doesnt have WC players feeding him on a chair with a spoon. He has a 18 year old Raheem brainless chicken Sterling on one wing and a 20 million Stewart I will start playing when the window arrives Downing.

You fail to read the above posts as well.

i am simply showing the facts, falcao, and Cavani aren't surrounded by world class players but both have drastically better #'s
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
i am simply showing the facts, falcao, and Cavani aren't surrounded by world class players but both have drastically better #'s

Napoli and Atletico Madrid are better than Liverpool atm!! Do you agree or not??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

Napoli and Atletico Madrid are better than Liverpool atm!! Do you agree or not??

We are 8th on the table, 10th before this matchday, Lest you forget B-mac.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:

Atletico yes but this is largely because Falcao the GOAT, you take him out I think they are worse then liverpool, but Napoli in Serie A.....Liverpool could compete in Serie A easy, I think Liverpool vs Napoli would be a tight affair
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 am

I don't quite understand why shots-to-goals ratio is suddenly so important, honestly. Before this season it was games-to-goals or minutes-to-goals, now all of the sudden it's all about shots and conversion percentage. Some are even going so far as to completely disregard other parts of the game (team play, chance creation, role, etc) just to focus on this one statistic. I don't think it's purely a Suarez thing (though for some that's clearly a motivating factor) but it does seem a very odd stat to focus so extensively on.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 am

top 10 attackers not top 10 players
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 am

B-Mac MUFC wrote:Atletico yes but this is largely because Falcao the GOAT, you take him out I think they are worse then liverpool, but Napoli in Serie A.....Liverpool could compete in Serie A easy, I think Liverpool vs Napoli would be a tight affair

What a stupid post. Radamel Falcao is less important to Atletico Madrid than Luis Suarez is for Liverpool Football Club. Liverpool Football Club would not compete in Serie A "easy", that's a pretty idiotic assumption. There are good all-around teams such as Juventus, Inter, Napoli, and Lazio as well as 'joker' clubs such as Roma, Fiorentina, Udinese, and Milan. Finishing top 6 in the Serie A would be a good result for Liverpool Football Club.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 am

RedOranje wrote:I don't quite understand why shots-to-goals ratio is suddenly so important, honestly. Before this season it was games-to-goals or minutes-to-goals, now all of the sudden it's all about shots and conversion percentage. Some are even going so far as to completely disregard other parts of the game (team play, chance creation, role, etc) just to focus on this one statistic. I don't think it's purely a Suarez thing (though for some that's clearly a motivating factor) but it does seem a very odd stat to focus so extensively on.

I think its silly unless you're actually looking at where all of Suarez's shots are coming from
I mean if we looked at statistics from shot to goal ratios from those same players only from shots inside the area (excluding penalties), we would probably see different numbers

Forwards get punished for taking lower percentage shots from further/worse angles it seems- which is unfortunate because they can produce the best goals and sometimes shooting from a distance can open up the game if defenders are constantly backing down when a player is 25 meters from the goal

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:43 am

I also forgot to add to my argument the fact that none of Suarez's 18 goals were pks.

Ronaldo has 4 pks out of 23 goals.
RVP has 1 pk out of 19 goals.
Cavani has 6 pks out of 22 goals.
Falcao has 6 pks out of 20 goals.
Ibrahimovic has 2 pks out of 20 goals.

If you take out the pk goals that's how the ranking stands.

Ronaldo - 19 goals
Suarez - 18 goals
RVP - 18 goals
Ibra - 18 goals
Cavani - 16 goals
Falcao - 14 goals
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:43 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I also forgot to add to my argument the fact that none of Suarez's 18 goals were pks.

Ronaldo - 19 goals
Suarez - 18 goals
RVP - 18 goals
Ibra - 18 goals
Cavani - 16 goals
Falcao - 14 goals

What's the issue with a PK?
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I also forgot to add to my argument the fact that none of Suarez's 18 goals were pks.

Ronaldo - 19 goals
Suarez - 18 goals
RVP - 18 goals
Ibra - 18 goals
Cavani - 16 goals
Falcao - 14 goals
And where is Messi?

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:09 am

Beautiful Football wrote:

Ronaldo - 19 goals
Suarez - 18 goals
RVP - 18 goals
Ibra - 18 goals
Cavani - 16 goals
Falcao - 14 goals
And where is Messi?

34 without penalties. Laughing But then again he's obviously talking about the best forwards "in the world". Messi doesn't fall into this category. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:10 am

Beautiful Football wrote:

Ronaldo - 19 goals
Suarez - 18 goals
RVP - 18 goals
Ibra - 18 goals
Cavani - 16 goals
Falcao - 14 goals
And where is Messi?

Messi is the best. There's no debating anything there, so no point in putting his stats up. But I think he has 2 pks if you must know. So 33 goals without pks.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next