Ganso
Arquitecto
LeVersacci
Lupi
FalcaoPunch
45 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Paris St.Germain Thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 12, 2013 10:20 pm

i take it Proud

Oh, Ibrahimovic and Leonardo caught fighting in the locker room, doors were closed Laughing

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Paris St.Germain Thread

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 12, 2013 11:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT4LwbgxyHw&feature=player_embedded

The video of their argument.

Ibra says to Leo: "Devi sempre rovinare tutto" Which means "You are just compelled to ruin everything" in Italiano.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 12, 2013 11:13 pm

What happened apparently is that Ibra was stopped along with another PSG player to take a drug test before he entered the locker room. In Ligue 1, every team in every game gets 2 players randomly tested. You must urinate in a cup before entering the locker room. Ibra refuse because he wanted to party and Leo got on him for it.

Shouldn't be Leo's job to play policeman. Let someone else do it ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 12, 2013 11:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:What happened apparently is that Ibra was stopped along with another PSG player to take a drug test before he entered the locker room. In Ligue 1, every team in every game gets 2 players randomly tested. You must urinate in a cup before entering the locker room. Ibra refuse because he wanted to party and Leo got on him for it.

Shouldn't be Leo's job to play policeman. Let someone else do it ffs.

Both are at fault here for me.

Leo on one hand could have picked better timing than to ruin Ibra's celebration, while Ibra himself should not have caused such a scene in the heart of the celebrations themselves. Locker-room chats like these happen after the heat of a match as I'm sure both of them have resolved it by now.

Not a nice sight though, I must say.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Please Carlo Staayyyy, we need u for the future Proud

#CarlitoQuedate
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun May 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Congrats Nick. PSG going big this time. Its gonna be interesting to see them fighting for the UCL, hopefully.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon May 13, 2013 12:55 am

Football has lost today Sad
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon May 13, 2013 3:44 am

Whats all this anyways ? Psg won and good for them! Its these gloryhunters like sports and nick who are bad for the sport. It must be nice when Madrid lose all trophies but you have a second team to cheer for and feel good about yourself. Pick obe club and stick to it.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 am

white_star wrote:Whats all this anyways ? Psg won and good for them! Its these gloryhunters like sports and nick who are bad for the sport. It must be nice when Madrid lose all trophies but you have a second team to cheer for and feel good about yourself. Pick obe club and stick to it.
gloryhunter me is celebrating tonight, and u not Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon May 13, 2013 4:04 am

juveman17 wrote:Football has lost today Sad
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon May 13, 2013 5:04 am

Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon May 13, 2013 6:26 am

While they did spend way more than any other team in League 1 could imagine, congrats.

Tbh, I think this will eventually be good for football in france. I think they will raise the bar and standards of what it takes to succeed there, and other teams will have to get better if they want to beat them. And for the teams that do take the title, it'll be more of an achievement.

I think more french teams will contest and go deeper in the CL instead of just being happy to be there, which will be good in the long run.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 7:30 am

French teams do very well in CL. OM and lyon very recently, Bordeaux not too long ago and Monaco in the past always made it to elimination rounds and farther. CL has never been the problem. Europa has.... french teams could care less about that tournament which hurt them.

And btw, winning the league on the 36th of 38 days is not really huge dominance lol. PSG was tied for 1st over the winter break and did well in the second half of the season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon May 13, 2013 7:41 am

Well Im not saying they are dominant lol but they certainly have the foundation for laying out a really great run as the favorites from year to year. They didn't look that great winning the title but people won't remember that, they will remember that they are the champions and with how much they invest everyone is going to keep expecting them to keep being the champions.

The thing that makes the difference though is not just the money, its that they have brought in a lot of star power, which might help other teams land some star power as well imo and just raise the bar for the league and the attention that it gets, and the more attention it gets the more players will see it as a viable option to play there

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Mon May 13, 2013 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 7:44 am

It's going to be harder next year for two reason:
- Monaco is going to buy themselves a super team too
- Lyon and Lille are both young and should both be better with experience

OM... i don't know. That's a veteran team that overachieved. I have absolutely no confidence that the shatt management there will do much to make the team better. Probably going to lose Nkoulou actually lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 am

Yeah its gonna be harder next season because all the teams are gonna have to really step up their games! Which is great

Obviously that happens in every league every season, teams try to get better.. But the difference now I think League 1 is gonna be won in the offseason more now than it ever really has before (or at least appear to be) with teams being super active in the transfer window. With more big names and big cash being spent.

PSG doesn't have to be dominant but I think that they have set a tone of next level ambition to not just be a great team in france but a great team in general that compete with the better teams of other leagues too.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon May 13, 2013 9:21 am

If Ibra, Silva and some core players stay PSG will steam roll to the league Title.
Tbh its not saying much about a league's strength when you can overwhelm it with just talent, the core players having been around for less than a year and already good enough to win the league.

The good and bad thing about the French league is that its unpredictable, there has been many 1 season wonders, Auxerre playing Champions league 1 season then relegated 2 seasons after, no stable competition nor any aspirations to win at a higher lvl of competition.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzyblanco Mon May 13, 2013 10:39 am

white_star wrote:Whats all this anyways ? Psg won and good for them! Its these gloryhunters like sports and nick who are bad for the sport. It must be nice when Madrid lose all trophies but you have a second team to cheer for and feel good about yourself. Pick obe club and stick to it.

dude whats your problem?? sports is an om fan from what i've seen and they're both happy that the french league is going to be in the spotlight thanks to what psg is doing. Where's the gloryhunting in that?? and even if they are gloryhunters whats your problem with that??
crazzyblanco
crazzyblanco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 13, 2013 4:06 pm

There isn't any issues with glory hunting, none whatsoever. People tend to make mountains out of mole hills.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guliver90 Mon May 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Nick...i think you are the only one really happy about this. (and maybe one or two shadow posters)
Guliver90
Guliver90
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm happy about it to a certain extent. Only unhappy because OM ended up second... but for Ligue 1 football, this is the perfect ending. It keeps the Qataris incentivized to continue investing, it forces the other top teams to step up their game and it gets great attention internationally for French football.

There's nothing to be unhappy about if you're a true Ligue 1 fan. As a OM fan, i want PSG to burn down and all their fans to die Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Good for PSG and their fans. Years (and I mean quite a bit of years) of under achievement and finally, success.

I'm also wondering if you have to be a citizen of said nation to be a "true" (insert league) fan because bar Real Madrid and to a point, Malaga, kinda don't have any real sentiments to any other club or what they do...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guliver90 Mon May 13, 2013 8:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'm happy about it to a certain extent. Only unhappy because OM ended up second... but for Ligue 1 football, this is the perfect ending. It keeps the Qataris incentivized to continue investing, it forces the other top teams to step up their game and it gets great attention internationally for French football.

There's nothing to be unhappy about if you're a true Ligue 1 fan. As a OM fan, i want PSG to burn down and all their fans to die Laughing

I am actually a OL fan...and i admire Aulas's work in creating this team with academy youngsters and talent brought form abroad...
...but also hated him when he started selling everyone for big money...especially Lloris (i mean..he was worth much more that Spuds paid)

what PSG starting doeing..feels like cheating...is cheating... The Official Paris St.Germain Thread - Page 8 2276801876
Guliver90
Guliver90
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 pm

all the elite clubs do the same thing other than Barca to a partial extent. It's modern world football... you need players from all over the world and you buy them from everywhere. ligue 1 was falling behind year after year because it was still living off the management system of the 80s. About time that someone forced the league and its clubs to modernize.

one club doesn't equate to systematic change though. That's happened before in L1 with OM most famously. You need a couple other clubs to follow.

The creation of Bein Sport TV networks is actually a bigger event in terms of overall impact to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 am

sportsczy wrote:all the elite clubs do the same thing other than Barca to a partial extent. It's modern world football... you need players from all over the world and you buy them from everywhere. ligue 1 was falling behind year after year because it was still living off the management system of the 80s. About time that someone forced the league and its clubs to modernize.

one club doesn't equate to systematic change though. That's happened before in L1 with OM most famously. You need a couple other clubs to follow.

The creation of Bein Sport TV networks is actually a bigger event in terms of overall impact to me.
Thumbs up

This. Psg is just making an example. It's modern football. You can either get on the train or get stuck in the past. I don't want to see psg win all the time but I'd like other teams in the league to try to become better than them which would mean becoming a good side world wide not just in their own league
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 15, 2013 5:19 am

How exactly has "football" lost? PSG were the best team in Ligue 1, and are deserved champions.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next