free_cat
Harmonica
Myesyats
Lucifer
windkick
21 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

UCL R16 - Paris St Germain [Leg 1/2 Discussion] Empty UCL R16 - Paris St Germain [Leg 1/2 Discussion]

Post by windkick Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 pm

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 - Paris St Germain
[Leg 1/2 Discussion]

Leg 1 - February 14
Leg 2 - March 8

UCL R16 - Paris St Germain [Leg 1/2 Discussion] 640x360_escudos_quarts_champions-v1363346870

Last edited by windkick on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 - Paris St Germain [Leg 1/2 Discussion] Empty Re: UCL R16 - Paris St Germain [Leg 1/2 Discussion]

Post by Lucifer Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:44 am

Porto, Benfica, Leverkusen, psg, Bayern.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

UCL R16 - Paris St Germain [Leg 1/2 Discussion] Empty Re: UCL R16 - Paris St Germain [Leg 1/2 Discussion]

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:10 am

Benfica, Bayer, Porto, PSG, Bayern

Doesn't look that bad overall, we should be fine with every matchup. Even Bayern is in bad shape this season.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:13 pm

I'll put money on Bayern or PSG, the rest is irrelevant.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:05 am

windkick wrote:So here are the possible opponents for the Round of 16. List them in order from who you would rather face to who you wouldn't.

Bayern Munich, Paris St. Germain, Benfica, Bayer Leverkusen, and Porto.

Over all there are some really tough possible match ups in that set.

I feel we'll beat them all, but it would be great if we don't get Bayern or PSG.

Leverkusen would be all in for a heavy spanking at Camp nou as usual, so I'd pick them.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Harmonica wrote:I'll put money on Bayern or PSG, the rest is irrelevant.
lol
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Same old... At least no one can say we were favored this UCL, hardest match ups yet
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:11 pm

PSG this season is far from a hard matchup

I'm happy with the draw.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Not the ideal but not the worst draw, we need to be wary, but we should go through. Ffs though, Real again gets an easy draw as usual.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Napoli is not easy. They are in godlike form this season.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Happy with draw tbh. PSG have been rather poor this season.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Updated this opening post. Both legs and all discussion regarding this match up will be discussed here.

My 2 cents - my only worry is that PSG will use the winter window to address the areas in which they have been struggling up to this point, while we will likely sell Vidal and get Cancelo from Valencia which isn't really helping us in the areas we are struggling with. Over all, as of this moment, this is probably one of the weaker PSG sides we have been matched up with over the last 5 years so we should be able to get past them (no being cocky, they are still a good side and can beat you on any given day)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Same old... At least no one can say we were favored this UCL, hardest match ups yet

When have we been favored?

We are always handed the worst oposition while Madrid plays against Olympiakos, Rosenborg and Werder Bremen.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:05 pm

windkick wrote:Updated this opening post. Both legs and all discussion regarding this match up will be discussed here.

My 2 cents - my only worry is that PSG will use the winter window to address the areas in which they have been struggling up to this point, while we will likely sell Vidal and get Cancelo from Valencia which isn't really helping us in the areas we are struggling with. Over all, as of this moment, this is probably one of the weaker PSG sides we have been matched up with over the last 5 years so we should be able to get past them (no being cocky, they are still a good side and can beat you on any given day)

They are the best 2nd in the CL group phase. Arguably the worst matchup we could get. While they are struggling now, who knows how they'll be playing in January.

IMO, this is the best PSG in years, simply because they lost Ibra, which is a huge liability when playing against elite teams. Yeah, they are not getting the best resuls in the league, but they probably just need to get rythm. In reality they are stronger than ever.

Oh, and they also got rid of David Lolz, who handed us the win last time all by himself.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Myesyats wrote:Napoli is not easy. They are in godlike form this season.

Godlike form as in struggling for a CL spot in their league? Oh yeah, they topped their group, composed of minions like Benfica, dinamo Kiev and and Besiktas....

They are the worst napoli since, because they lost Higuain (good move though, he is fat!).

Last edited by free_cat on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:16 pm

In what world are you living where Napoli is good and PSG is not good? Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:52 pm

free_cat wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Napoli is not easy. They are in godlike form this season.

Godlike form as in struggling for a CL spot in their league? Oh yeah, they topped their group, composed of minions like Benfica, dinamo Kiev and and Besiktas....

They are the worst napoli since, because they lost Higuain (good move though, he is fat!).

Of course PSG are good are Napoli are not in godlike form. Just commenting to say that they are not the worst Napoli since anything. They had an adjustment period and they are back on track, same point haul as last season and more goals. They look worse on the league table because this season Juve is doing much better than last.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:13 pm

Harmonica wrote:In what world are you living where Napoli is good and PSG is not good? Laughing

Napoli are in good form. Or at least they were, lately

PSG are in transition, with new coach, they've been poor this season, on 3rd position in table and could be struggling for a CL spot too later in the season, who knows
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:55 am

PSG are a hard wall to break but I think Barca will progress here. Its just that it will be difficult. Esp that PSG are struggling domestically, theyll surely do something about it when the January transfer window opens
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:54 pm

I wouldn't agree this is the strongest PSG side we've faced. I think it's one of the weaker versions of that team. Might be a bit more balanced, but over all they aren't playing well together which makes them weaker regardless of how balanced they look on paper.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

free_cat wrote:They are the worst napoli since, because they lost Higuain (good move though, he is fat!).

dafuq did I just read Shocked
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:06 am

danyjr wrote:
free_cat wrote:They are the worst napoli since, because they lost Higuain (good move though, he is fat!).

dafuq did I just read Shocked

Isn't he fat?

windkick wrote:I wouldn't agree this is the strongest PSG side we've faced. I think it's one of the weaker versions of that team. Might be a bit more balanced, but over all they aren't playing well together which makes them weaker regardless of how balanced they look on paper.

Don't fool yourself by their current form. This is the strongest PSG. They lost their biggest liabilities vs. elite opposition: Ibra and Lolz, and replaced them by hardworking, talented and reliable players like Lucas Moura and Marquinhos.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:22 pm

I'll be there to quote you when we trash them, Free Rat, dont worry
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'll be there to quote you when we trash them, Free Rat, dont worry

I'm pretty sure we'll prorgess, not so easily as winning them 0-3 at their home as last time though.

Calling names, classy.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:03 pm

What names? That's literally what you have on your picture. Free cat, free rat -- no difference
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next