McAgger
The Franchise
dmize
Gil
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 8 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Gil Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:35 pm

He played like trash for 3/4ths of last season and flopped in the playoffs.

He hasn't been chucking up impossible shots, freezing out his teammates and playing matador D so far this season. His jumper has been unreal so far this year as well. Thing is almost automatic at the moment.

No doubt in my mind Kidd had a huge impact on his form this year.

OKC are tearing up the League lol. It isn't close mate.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 8 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:37 pm

I dont think its that big a gap Gil. I agree he has been the best, I felt so at the time too but its not that big.

Melo couldnt be doing much more, Durant is just better.

Lebron cant do that much more either, but people are used to him now, so KD's improvements will always be a better story for this season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Gil wrote:He played like trash for 3/4ths of last season and flopped in the playoffs.

He hasn't been chucking up impossible shots, freezing out his teammates and playing matador D so far this season. His jumper has been unreal so far this year as well. Thing is almost automatic at the moment.

No doubt in my mind Kidd had a huge impact on his form this year.

OKC are tearing up the League lol. It isn't close mate.

I genuinely don't see how he flopped in the playoffs.

JR Smith was your starting point and the team was riddled with injuries and was a walking circus.

At least he managed to get a win.

He was easily the best player in the league post D'Antoni.

Kidd helped...you know how? He get's him the ball in his spots.

I like Melo's scoring itself a bit more than Durant. Not simply because he's move versatile but I get the feeling that versatility translates to other things. When he posts up and gets the double and they move it for a corner 3, or the fact he can bully you on the offensive boards a little bit.

He opens up alot of space for those shooters in a variety of ways.

Durant is playing better defense and his passing has improved...those areas take him ahead of Melo.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:15 pm

As good as Melo is as a shooter, KD is better, has that bit more range and is better off the dribble going into his shots too.

Melo has more tools, but Durant does what he does overwhelmingly well and his %'s from the floor is remarkable for someone shooting that many jumpers.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/20/jason-terry-takes-shot-at-ray-allen-because-boston-is-doing-so-well/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Coming from the guy who left Dallas right when they began to fall apart, this is just gold. I'm not even sure Dallas offered him a contract, but he jumped ship to a better team as well. Also PP asked for a trade before Ray/KG got there Laughing

Last edited by dmize on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:As good as Melo is as a shooter, KD is better, has that bit more range and is better off the dribble going into his shots too.

Melo has more tools, but Durant does what he does overwhelmingly well and his %'s from the floor is remarkable for someone shooting that many jumpers.

Durant has him in range and shooting in general , but I disagree with the dribble thing.

Melo has that whole range of dribble pull up moves he does so well from around the elbow, and even behind the arc I get the feeling he's a bit better when he takes a dribble before he shoots.

Durant Walks into them exquisitely in transition and is a much better at the catch and shoot. He's also a slightly better slasher. Duran't slashing game is underrated and overlooked. Especially off the ball.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Yeah, but my gut tells me Durant is still more accurate off the dribble.

Melo to me is like midpost, triple threat, jab step and hard single dribble one direction and pull up.

KD is take the ball from outside the 3 point lane and he will take a couple of a dribbles, as many dribbles as he needs basically and can rise up going around a screen from anywhere.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Thunder-Wolves on TNT

Should be a real entertaining game.

edit: Kev Martins out tonight? I swear if Lamb doesn't get decent minutes tonight, just trade him.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 am

Shaq just said the Knicks are the best team in the NBA.. rofl rofl

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 am

Durant > Melo in almost every department except scoring down low probably..

Anyways neither of them can dominate a game if they're not scoring big.. Unlike a certain somebody out there

eco smile
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:00 pm

T-Wolves proving white players are unfairly discriminated in the NBA by owning the best team in the NBA. :bow:

Sure, a fair chunk of them are actually European but still....

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Swagg wrote:Durant > Melo in almost every department except scoring down low probably..

Anyways neither of them can dominate a game if they're not scoring big.. Unlike a certain somebody out there

eco smile

One of the more meaningless ways to try and nuthug brah.

KD dominates EVERY game with his scoring. The only games he hasnt this season, the game was over before the 4th Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Just some food for thought eco smile
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Anyone noticed just how terrible a defender Irving is? Hasn't noticed it until recently.

His AST/TO ratio is beyond pathetic as well, looking like he might be just another Iverson. Sad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 pm

I think he'll improve. His defending was significantly worse last season, mind you.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:52 pm

Gil wrote:Anyone noticed just how terrible a defender Irving is? Hasn't noticed it until recently.

His AST/TO ratio is beyond pathetic as well, looking like he might be just another Iverson. Sad

If you think he's bad you should watch Lillard. He's worse.
But Irvings assists staying the same, with more TO's is a bit concerning but his vision is pretty good. He'll be alright eventually but he's gunna have to improve to be a top tier PG.

Besides Kemba is the next Iverson(lite). :coffee:

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Meh, your always going to turn it over a ton when your in the position he is in, he gotta carry the Cavs and go out there and make miracles happen.

Better players have turned it over a ton in their early years (go take a look at Jason Kidd's early years). He will be fine I think.

Defence? I think the point guard position is by a distance the hardest position to guard these days.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:04 am

I don't what the deal is with Fab Melo, haven't really been following him. But we draft him 23rd overall, he's a legit 7 feet. He can't be that bad, can he? As a 7 footer, if you can't get time with the Celtics who don't have a true Center, and have Wilcox and Jason Collins coming off the bench, you're probably not going to be NBA material.

Should've taken Perry Jones and saved 40 mil not signing Jeff Green.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 am

Felton sucks so bad. Got lucky against Miami and he thinks he's Tim Hardaway now. GTFO.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:32 am

Raptors on 5 game winning streak. I just cant believe we keep winning games, we are so shit. :bow: :brickwall:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:02 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Raptors on 5 game winning streak. I just cant believe we keep winning games, we are so shit. :bow: :brickwall:

Raps got more talent, than teams like the Bobcats, Pistons, Wizards, Magic.

I actually thought they may challenge for a playoff spot this year, not make it granted but be in the discussion for the 8th spot with Milwaukee/Chicago. But Dwayne Casey is a terrible coach. Why he never plays Ed Davis is beyond me, and when he does it's sporadic at best. They need to get rid of Calderon so they can start getting the team used to Lowry as their primary PG.

How are the Magic 12-14, the fvck. I think the Bobcats have more talent, but are too dependent on their backcourt. Magic have more balance. If Charlotte got a low post scorer they would be a playoff team, I really believe that.

Last edited by dmize on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:04 am

Also I know it's the Wizards(they basically put a D-league team out there with no Wall, Beal, Price, Ariza or Nene), but Drummond went off tonight. 11 points, 14 boards, 5 blocks. All that in just 21 minutes.

Monroe is really starting to step up to last years form. He's had trouble switching back and forth between PF/C but with Drummond getting 20+ minutes a game, he's been playing PF more, and getting more comfortable. Defensively he's got a ways to go to defend quicker PF's but offensively he's perfect for a PF, especially if he keeps extending his range on his jumper.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:21 am

After 27 games Curry is averaging 20.2 pts, 6.4 assists, 4.1 rebs with 90.1% FT shooting and 44.2% 3pt shooting :bow: And the team is winning :bow: :bow: All Star year me thinks.

David Lee has been miraculous as well. Averaging 20 ppg, 11.3 reps shooting 54.1% from the floor :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:33 am

Also Curry is second in 3 pointers made with 80 after Ryan Anderson who has 86 but has shot around 30 more. Klay Thompson is third with 71.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:35 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:After 27 games Curry is averaging 20.2 pts, 6.4 assists, 4.1 rebs with 90.1% FT shooting and 44.2% 3pt shooting :bow: And the team is winning :bow: :bow: All Star year me thinks.

David Lee has been miraculous as well. Averaging 20 ppg, 11.3 reps shooting 54.1% from the floor :bow:

Gotta admit I didn't think the Warriors would have this solid of a record at this point in the season. Maybe Mark Jackson does know what he's doing afterall hmm or his assistant has been really great. David Lee is probably their all-star this year, he's been the difference maker imo. That and Curry's ankles not folding.

Bobcats as a team have to play better defense on the perimeter, especially against a team like GSW. Kemba got torched tonight, his on ball defense is very good. He's gotta improve his close out defense, which is tough for him, he's got short arms. Plus Dunlaps system of where they collapse on the paint on any penetration isn't helping. They over help and get burned on the 3.

Still going to be tough for GS to make the playoffs in the West I think though.

I can see the West ending up like this:
OKC
Memphis
LA Clippers
San Antonio
LA Lakers
Minnesota
Denver
Dallas(w/ Dirk back), GSW, Houston fighting it out for 8th.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Beast. I'd take him over Anthony Davis all day.

From Elias: Andre Drummond scored 11 points, hauled in 14 rebounds and rejected five shots for the Pistons in their victory over the Wizards. The last rookie to reach that level in all three categories was Dwight Howard on April 6, 2005. Howard scored 14 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and blocked seven shots for Orlando in an overtime loss to Chicago.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next