The Franchise
FCBarça
free_cat
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Llevant - Barça - Page 3 Empty Re: Llevant - Barça

Post by eelir Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Second half was awesome. I had so much fun. And Iniesta showed in the alst two games why he is the European King Very Happy

eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Iniesta did great today, but it has been proven time and time again that we and him, suffer when he plays there. One great game will not change that, he has played well before there also.

I still dont like him there, because success there leads people to believe it okay for him to play there. But what people dont understand is, we wont always play Levante, other, stronger teams will not allow us to do what we did so easily.

Anyway, great result and a very fluid second half performance where Iniesta showed fantastic end product. Pedro just doesnt look like scoring at all...at least he showed some good skill otherwise.

Nonesense penalty but justice was served as Valdes pulled out a fantastic second save after reading the initial penalty.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 pm

I just hope Pedro's confidence does not go down. I like him this season, and goles will surely come. It is probably a mental thing, as he is kicking ass with Spanish NT.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:Iniesta did great today, but it has been proven time and time again that we and him, suffer when he plays there. One great game will not change that, he has played well before there also.

I still dont like him there, because success there leads people to believe it okay for him to play there. But what people dont understand is, we wont always play Levante, other, stronger teams will not allow us to do what we did so easily.

Anyway, great result and a very fluid second half performance where Iniesta showed fantastic end product. Pedro just doesnt look like scoring at all...at least he showed some good skill otherwise.

Nonesense penalty but justice was served as Valdes pulled out a fantastic second save after reading the initial penalty.
Just yesterday more than half of you were partially scared of this match now it's "just Levante"?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:06 pm

The worrying thing for Barcelona will be Dani Alves' injury. It is strengthening my initial thought about his poor performances as a result of him not being physically fit. I believe he has a serious problem that Barcelona staff are hiding, an injury which requires a surgery of some sort. You see quite a few of injuries like this in which the operation gets postponed to the end of the season with the player having to play with pain during the season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Donuts wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Iniesta did great today, but it has been proven time and time again that we and him, suffer when he plays there. One great game will not change that, he has played well before there also.

Just yesterday more than half of you were partially scared of this match now it's "just Levante"?

Number 1, I was not one of them.

Number 2, with all due respect to Levante, they still arent a great team. When I talk about other, stronger teams, you cant figure out who I am talking about?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 pm

danyjr wrote:The worrying thing for Barcelona will be Dani Alves' injury. It is strengthening my initial thought about his poor performances as a result of him not being physically fit. I believe he has a serious problem that Barcelona staff are hiding, an injury which requires a surgery of some sort. You see quite a few of injuries like this in which the operation gets postponed to the end of the season with the player having to play with pain during the season.

Indeed and we did the same thing during Yaya Toures first season. I dont think its that severe, but who knows really. Just like last time he came off the pitch, there was hardly any contact.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 pm

danyjr wrote:The worrying thing for Barcelona will be Dani Alves' injury. It is strengthening my initial thought about his poor performances as a result of him not being physically fit. I believe he has a serious problem that Barcelona staff are hiding, an injury which requires a surgery of some sort. You see quite a few of injuries like this in which the operation gets postponed to the end of the season with the player having to play with pain during the season.
Maybe we have a plan to sell him in the near future and don't want his price to go down??
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:15 pm

I love it how I slated Iniesta and he turns up and gives that performance lol

It's like he heard what I said. Great match.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:22 pm

yea we were talking about u while watching the game lol. Got standing ovation from the levante fans. :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:43 pm

RealGunner wrote:yea we were talking about u while watching the game lol. Got standing ovation from the levante fans. :bow:
To be fair though, Iniesta could have the worst game in his life and majority of spanish fans will applaud him just for his world cup goal, even some Madrid fans will applaud him.

Anyways, I was really happy and content today to see our defensive line do much better and hold tighter.
one of the most underrated skill is clearing the ball which we seemed to have lacked and costed us many goals this season but we've as of recent been improving alot in that department.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 am

4th injury in the leg biceps for Alves this season. So many muscle injuries usually point out to inadequate rest and diet (party + alcohol). He should focus and take care of his body, he is no longer a kid.

Fortunately, it's only an elongation, barely an injury.

I watched the game but couldn't really follow it cause I was paying more attention to the elections. Seems iniesta had a great game and Messi scored two more goals, and the highlights showed a great game from Valdes. Nice.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:50 am

Iniesta on the wings still is not that great regardless of the result.

That being said, Iniesta was out of this world today, amazing stuff :bow:

This is a fantastic result.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 am

Tw Lineker: "2 more goals for Messi. 82 this year. I hope when he beats Muller's all-time record he is not wearing the rocket ice-lolly kit"

Laughing
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:40 am

I think i posted messi would score twice but not sure.

Last edited by ColoJunior on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 am

I was correct!
ColoJunior wrote:Levante to get crushed 4-0

Or win 2-1 <3
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 am

Llevant - Barça - Page 3 1353884756_extras_albumes_0
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Honestly i was confident in Iniesta in performing....

As i said in the chat before the game as long as Alba is behind him it's ok.

Of course any football fan, Barca or otherwise will want to see Iniesta in the middle because that's where he's at his best.

But as long as there's a LB behind him like Alba who can provide width and stretch the play most of the issues with Iniesta playing on the left quite frankly disappears.

The reason it was so poor in the past is because Abidal was at LB and as great as he is he's no force going forward.

Keita would usually be used in midfield in the past and you all may not like Cesc but he's a lot better than Keita lol...

So Iniesta on the left meant.... no width and a major reliance on Xavi for everything creativity wise.

Now with Alba you have width and with Cesc or Thiago you have players who can open teams up in the middle so i feel most of the issues with it are no longer there.

Obviously it would be much better with Villa, Tello or Sanchez on the left ( who i feel is good on the left but trash on the right) and Iniesta in the middle but i don't feel the issues with Iniesta on the left are really as bad as they once was.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Iniesta had one great game as LW. Fantastic. However, he played as LW vs. Madrid too or Spartak with Alba behind and was far from impressive. We can't draw conclusions from one game.

In Madrid game, Iniesta was specially uneffective and when a real forward came in we were much better.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Some time back I had complained that we were not playing as per our style and there was too much of hard running in our play with the usual symphony lacking. Some of you had told me it was too early to draw firm conclusions.

Now I must say that during the last few weeks I have been very pleased with our team. We are playing as per our style and its wonderful. Some of the unsuccessful variations that the bit too innovative Pep tried in his last season have been discarded by the more practical Tito. The one big concern of course is the defense. Puyol and Pique don't seem like they will play every game or for that matter be fit for every big game and that is where the worries largely lie. Other than that we look like being sort of back to the arguably all time best team status that we have been given by so many of the who's who of the football world.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:00 pm

free_cat wrote:Iniesta had one great game as LW. Fantastic. However, he played as LW vs. Madrid too or Spartak with Alba behind and was far from impressive. We can't draw conclusions from one game.

In Madrid game, Iniesta was specially uneffective and when a real forward came in we were much better.

I have to agree. Its one thing doing what he did vs Levante, but Madrid and other strong teams....no.

My problem isnt that we played him in this position vs Levante, as shown it isnt automatic fail. I dont like it, but I admit it is possible to pull off.

However, when he plays there people get the idea he can play there in all games. That I dont like.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm

I also think its relevant that since Pique has come back, we have looked better at the back. I dont think this is luck.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:06 pm

I agree. The return of our CB instilled more confidence to our game and as consequence the team has become more lethal upfront.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Piqué is in a surprising good form. It is worth acknowledging how fast he reacted when a Barcelona player passed to martins and he was able to catch him and pressure him enough to force the mistake.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 am

First off, I really dislike Iniesta at LW...Yes, he was magical, there's no getting around how phenomenal he looked...in the 2nd half...That 1st half, however, he, along with the team, were largely ineffective in that final third - which is normally how he operates on that wing despite playing very well in that 1st half

Iniesta is odd in his play because his baseline in most matches is fantastic but every now & then he puts in a virtuoso performance...It just so happened that he was on that left wing but we've all seen him out there plenty of times where he was a lot like that 1st half....I think sometimes we get spoiled by players like Leo & Xavi whose baseline is a notch above...I kept thinking Iniesta's game would transform into a more dominating player more consistently but his Illusionista form is in spurts, for me

When he's on, like he was in that 2nd half, it's fantastic to watch...I caught the Canal+ telecast and they were giddy over Iniesta too...Pure joy
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 am

free_cat wrote:Piqué is in a surprising good form. It is worth acknowledging how fast he reacted when a Barcelona player passed to martins and he was able to catch him and pressure him enough to force the mistake.

Very true, shades of 09 on that one. Reacted very well, didnt think he would be able to effect the play when someone as quick as Martins had that space.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next