Would Pep Guardiola succeed at Milan or City?

+19
Abramovich
Blue
The Sanchez
Khaled
danyjr
peerless
Ganso
barca 2011
Onyx
LeSwagg James
daneq
Great Leader Sprucenuce
the xcx
Ion Creanga
VivaStPauli
TalkingReckless
Arquitecto
VanDeezNuts
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would Pep Guardiola succeed at Milan or City? Empty Would Pep Guardiola succeed at Milan or City?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:39 pm

With Gazzetta today publishing yet another story linking Pep to Milan let's consider the possibility that he does actually join. How do you think he would fare there? I think the 4-3-3 is nonnegotiable for Pep and he will use it as his primary formation. What kind of team would he be likely to set up? Which players would he sell and which would he have to bring in. How do you think he would adapt to Milan's limited resources?

The other story going around is that he would join his former club-mates Txiki and Soriano and City. How would he do there?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Would Pep Guardiola succeed at Milan or City? Empty Re: Would Pep Guardiola succeed at Milan or City?

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm

I think he would do well at milan.

did he have a good record against italian teams with barca? i cant remember besides the inter matches. i know they played milan but i dont remember how thye did.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Would Pep Guardiola succeed at Milan or City? Empty Re: Would Pep Guardiola succeed at Milan or City?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:46 pm

No competition in Italy so Id imagine he would do well there

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Crimson wrote:No competition in Italy so Id imagine he would do well there

Not your best post here, Crim.

Competition is spread out thinner and more balanced within the Serie A not to mention its the league with the highest pressure on teams hence why its lower to mid table teams perform very well against the top.

Plus Milan's squad is nowhere near the others in talent and current performances.

Fiorentina, Roma, Lazio, Inter, Juve, Napoli and too an extent Udinese all boast enough competition for Milan to struggle just as they have as usual throughout the history of Serie A no matter what the squad or manager.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:52 pm

not sure how he will do at Milan with their limited resources....he was not good in the transfer market in Barca and Milan needs a overhaul, his reputation could help him get some good players but still not the best

I think he could wonders at City, with their resources he could easily get a team to replicate something close to what Barca plays
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Frankly, this comes down to a single question:
Did Pep do well at Barca because the player suited the ideal of his system, or is he a good coach capable of developing a system that fits his players?

Will he try to build a tiki-taka playing 4-3-3, or work with what he's got, and adjust his tactics to his players?

Let him coach one club that isn't Barca before I decide. He did seem to be tactically smart enough to adapt though, so I'd reckon he might do well.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:19 pm

rofl please stick to la liga...
If you don't watch serie A, you have no idea
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:20 pm

City would be better choice. Infinite amount of money he can spend, freedom to build a squad which ever works for him and the team, more glory, better pay.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Frankly, this comes down to a single question:
Did Pep do well at Barca because the player suited the ideal of his system, or is he a good coach capable of developing a system that fits his players?

Will he try to build a tiki-taka playing 4-3-3, or work with what he's got, and adjust his tactics to his players?

Let him coach one club that isn't Barca before I decide. He did seem to be tactically smart enough to adapt though, so I'd reckon he might do well.

I always felt that Pep is not a tiki-taka obsessive that he chose to go down that route because of the players he had and if he had different players he would set up differently in terms of style and tactics.

Time will tell of course but i think he can adapt to different styles of play and ideals.

Of course at City he has a blank cheque to do what he likes but if he went to Milan i could see him adapting to the players they have and the players they can acquire and not force 4-3-3 and tiki taka upon them.

Just a feeling but the way he talks about his time about Barca i believe it to be true.

I think he would be relative success where ever he goes whether he can dominate in the same fashion well only time can tell.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:28 pm

City. He could just buy Messi
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm

question- if he took a job at a city or milan does anyone think any barca players would be tempted to jump ship?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:49 pm

tuddor wrote:

Juventus was unbeaten for how long ffs?

Please get a clue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Crimson wrote:
tuddor wrote:

Juventus was unbeaten for how long ffs?

Please get a clue

yeah, and we won the league with 84 point, less than city or RM... Do i have to mention that real madrid had 100 points? That's absurd rather than juve unbeaten streak.

According to your logic Romanian League is better than La Liga
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:01 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Frankly, this comes down to a single question:

I agree with your assessment - and I can't picture Pep as anything but an ideologue. I think first he will try to institute his high-possession high-pressing style of play, and then think about which players available to him fit that the most. Historically I think Milan are the right club to try this in Italy as they have a history of attractive football, but I'm not sure the current squad will be able to adapt well to it. Albeit I don't watch Milan often, I struggle to think of who will be the midfield coordinators.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:21 pm

I disagree with Mole, I think he needs tiki-taka.. At City he can buy the players for it, at Milan it is far less likely..

Once he gets the players and the system implemented he will do alright, I don't think he will ever reach the heights he did at Barca though..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:22 pm

-----------------------Hart
---Richards----Kompany----Nastasic----Clichy
-----------------------Javi
---------------Silva---------New CM
-----New RW--------Tevez---------Aguero

Ideally Tevez would be sold and replaced with a LW and Aguero would move to CF.

---------------New GK
Abate----Acerbi----New CB----Didac/New LB
---------------De Jong
---------Nocerino---Boateng
----New RW----------------Robinho
----------------Pato

Can't see both Nocerino and Boateng being sold, however a playmaker CM would be bought.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Legend wrote:not sure how he will do at Milan with their limited resources....he was not good in the transfer market in Barca and Milan needs a overhaul, his reputation could help him get some good players but still not the best

I think he could wonders at City, with their resources he could easily get a team to replicate something close to what Barca plays

These hypothetical threads are always fun. Fror instance, lets say Pep goes to City and with those funds tries to recreate a team as close as he can get to Barca without actually using current barca players but using both current city players and a few new purchases:

--------------------Hart-------------
Lahm---Nastasic--Kompany-Clichy
---------------------Javi------------
-----------Yaya-----------------------
-------------------------Pirlo----------
Silva---------Aguero----------Neymar

Or splurge on RVP as a false 9, but with something along these lines I think Pep would get something close to Barca's style, but you wont recreate it.
Theres just not nearly enough Spanish in there.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Doubt Silva would work at RW.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 pm

I think he would do well at chelsea
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Ganso wrote:I think he would do well at chelsea

Chelsea are more suited to a 4-2-3-1 and I don't know where Ramires would play in a 4-3-3.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 pm

he wouldn't

---Oscar-Mikel-De Bruyne--
-Mata--------CF----Hazard
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 pm

I think Hazard and Mata are suited to a 4-2-3-1 more than 4-3-3.

Pep's 4-3-3 wingers are usually inside forwards.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 pm

I think he would do extremely well at Bayern. If he were to manage them with a false 9 system, my dream would become true.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Why would anyone want to go to a broke club with a terrible squad like Milan again? For me he was the best for Barcelona and Barcelona were the best for him. He won't be able to replicate that in any other club. I never thought his signings made sense to be honest but he indeed brought a couple of young players playing from the Spanish third tier and made them World Cup champions, so in terms of youth policy the guy is up there with the likes of Wenger and Fergie.

I guess he admires AC Milan, but that club will be down the drain for a good few seasons at least - no offence to rossoneros.

But 'no competition in Serie A' coming from an "Italian" Madrid fan is certainly the highlight of this thread.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Its Man Utd !
Guardiola will win the EPL and FA Cup with Man Utd in 2013/14, reach the UCL Final and lose the it against Barca Twisted Evil

Seriously, its should be Man Utd or Bayern... he can do well at these club.. #tikitaka
Also, wth the squad Man City has, its not a bad idea to coach them lol... Although, I hate this club and I don't like to see Guardiola coaching them...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next