Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

+27
Clownbaby
JuvenelCuore
The Madrid One
C.Marchisio #8
Raptorgunner
Arquitecto
7amood11
El Chelsea Fuerte
Milantildeath
pUsHa
zarola
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
The Nature Boy
the xcx
hrealmadrid
billy_gr
juvealbanian
IzzyC08
Lord Spencer
Superpeppe
:{Mr.Mustachio!
Busby Babe
Doc
S
M99
31 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who is better?

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Vote_lcap45%Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 27 ]
Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Vote_lcap55%Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 33 ]
 
Total Votes : 60
 
 

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:22 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Gilardino directly assisted Del Piero, not Totti, though he passed to Gilardino.

Totti has done nothing internationally bro, that is the reality of the situation.

Del Piero zone means he revolutionized the game and made his mark, Totti has not to the extent of Del Piero.


Totti made the long pass to Gilardino. Not many would have the nerve to pull it off that well. That pass, btw, summed up his world cup, the perfect link in our transition play.

Internationally... he made the FIFA best 11 of the 2006 World Cup, not many get the chance to be included in that, only the best of the best. He was a key part of our World Cup winning squad. With Roma, well obviously our history isn't as great as Juve's, especially on the European stage. That can't be held against him though. Nonetheless, he played some truly great games in the Champions League (e.g. at the Bernabeu), but we never had the team to challenge for the title.

As are you saying that Totti didin't revolutionize the game? He was one of the best trequartistas in the past two decades and even adapted to play as a seconda and prima punta and was even a winger at one point in his career. No noticeable difference between Del Piero and Totti's contributions to the game, saying one did this and the other one didn't is automatically disrespectful to the other, because they both have done as much as anyone possibly can.

Well in the footballing world, he did not assist Del Piero.

Internationally he is not on Italia's top ten scoring list, whereas Del Piero is third tied with Roberto Baggio.

Champion's League alone is uncomparable, and Del Piero has done better all the time, even with a team that was not that great, like against Madrid where he scored individual goals for the most part.

Del Piero has left more of a mark on the game, and you cannot deny that. He was won more collectively, individually, has cemented himself as a top five free kick taker of all time, and is more known and respected across the world.

Yo man, I agree with you quite often, but don't let your love for Del Piero affect your argument. I'm trying to be as objective as possible here and in all honesty, there is absolutely nothing that can be said to establish which one of the two is clearly better. Stats don't seperate them. You say Del Piero has more goals with Italy, I'll counter with Totti having more goals in Serie A. Del Piero scored against Madrid, so did Totti (though I don't know why that matters so much lol).

Individual honors? Too close to call.

Totti: European Golden Shoe, Golden Foot, Serie A Young Footballer of the Year, 2 Serie A footballer of the year, 5 Italian Footballer of the year, Euro 2000 and WC 2006 Team of the tournament.

Del Piero: European U21 Footballer of the year, Golden Foot, 2 Serie A player of he year, 1 Serie A Top Scorer, 1 Champions League Top Scorer

Free kicks, Totti is great at those too and even scored a few this season. More known? I wouldn't think so, once again it's a tie.

ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Also, Claudio Ranieri recently said that Totti is the best player he ever coached. Then, I'm sure there are others who say Del Piero is better. At the end of the day, if even the people who have seen Totti and Del Piero train and play week in and week out can't say which one is defintely better, how can WE possibly say that one is better than the other.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Totti scored his goals at Roma, with nobody to share the spotlight with to the extent of Del Piero.

And his awards are very misleading.

Totti: European Golden Shoe, Golden Foot, Serie A Young Footballer of the Year, 2 Serie A footballer of the year, 5 Italian Footballer of the year, Euro 2000 and WC 2006 Team of the tournament.

European Golden Shoe = nothing to say. Good award.

The Golden Foot = an award is an international football award, given to players who stand out for their athletic achievements (both as individuals and team players) and for their personality.
- Really ? This was after he called Balotelli a "n*gger" and got into fights ? Not to mention it is an online poll. Nothing too big.

Serie A Footballer of the Year = undeserved. He won it with Pavel Nedved who in that year won the Ballon d'Or. Do you not find that a joke ?

Italian Footballer of the Year = he won it 5/13 times. Do you not find that shocking ? Baggio and Maldini never won it. WHAT ?

His awards are menial. I am sorry, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:29 pm

ErPupone wrote:Also, Claudio Ranieri recently said that Totti is the best player he ever coached. Then, I'm sure there are others who say Del Piero is better. At the end of the day, if even the people who have seen Totti and Del Piero train and play week in and week out can't say which one is defintely better, how can WE possibly say that one is better than the other.

No offence, but Ranieri was fired by three teams and has won absolutely nothing in recent years. He is also unemployed. Come on, his opinion is clearly not relevant.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:39 pm

Ohhh I'm sure you know more than Ranieri then.

Look, I see now that you're not willing to consider Totti's accomplishments. If you're not capable of recognizing the fact that there's nothing to definitely seperate these two players, it's because you're looking at them from you're point of view, as a Juventino and I don't blame you for it, it's natural to defend your idol. Maybe you don't like Totti which is why you're using any possible excuse to diminish his life's work. I'm not going to bother going on with this argument because for one, I don't have the time to do so at this moment and secondly, above all, you're unwilling to consider anything I say which is a great shame because I think a thread of this sort should've only been used to highlight the accomplishments and dedication of these two champions and not to have this sort of pointless argument to pit Juve and Roma fans against each other. I for one am able to look beyond a player's colors and appreciate the work they have done for another team, even if it is a rival. It's a shame that other people can't do the same.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by juve_gigi Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Roberto Baggio...

Alessandro Del Piero...

Francesco Totti

Roberto Baggio is the greastest Italian player of all time. I saw him play and watched him for many years, nobody compares. But Del Piero, if not for the injury, would have been a close second for sure.

As for Totti, meh I would say he is in the top 15 greatest Italians. I would put Baggio, Del Piero, Maldini, Baresi, Scirea, Paolo Rossi, Buffon, Riva, Rivera, Zoff, Gentile, Boniperti, Cannavaro, and Nesta ahead of him. You could make an argument about Totti being ahead of some of these players, but it is hard to compare players at different positions.

But as far as strikers go, I would put Baggio, Del Piero, Rivera, Riva, Paolo Rossi, and Boniperti ahead of Totti.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3672
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 pm

@ErPupone: since when is Roma a rival of Juventus ? No offence, but even in Juventus' worst period in their history Roma has only managed one win since 2007 in Serie A play.

But that is neither here nor there. Totti has little accomplishments. I mean, he did fantastic for Roma and he is a legend there, but that is about it. In the grand scheme of things, Del Piero is more accomplished, respected, known, and has left a greater mark on the game. Totti, if he were not so disrespectful and rude, would have to be one of my favorite non-Juventus players so I am not saying what I am saying out of hate, or else I would have brought up pedantic arguments of Totti spitting on people, and doing this and that.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Eivindo Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Del Piero, because I love him as a person and player. Totti is probably better in pure technical ability, but has always been more lazy.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2742
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:51 pm

del piero is simply put a much bigger super star than totti.

more exposure means more love, and del piero has done everything and anything possible to back his respectable reputation up.

he just tips totti in almost every department.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4924
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:08 am

The Madrid One wrote:the bernabeu have never stood up for totti, not that he doesnt deserve it..

but we have stood up for del piero.

del piero wins.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/florentino-tried-sign-totti-maldini-real-madrid-352101

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 4283
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:45 am

The Fonz wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:the bernabeu have never stood up for totti, not that he doesnt deserve it..

but we have stood up for del piero.

del piero wins.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/florentino-tried-sign-totti-maldini-real-madrid-352101

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

What does this prove ? Amauri never got a standing ovation from Juventus fans and he is on Juventus. What in the world does Florentino Perez wanting to sign Totti have to do with his performance ?

Del Piero EARNED his ovation.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:56 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:the bernabeu have never stood up for totti, not that he doesnt deserve it..

but we have stood up for del piero.

del piero wins.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/florentino-tried-sign-totti-maldini-real-madrid-352101

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

What does this prove ? Amauri never got a standing ovation from Juventus fans and he is on Juventus. What in the world does Florentino Perez wanting to sign Totti have to do with his performance ?

Del Piero EARNED his ovation.



It proves all the big clubs wanted Totti ...But Totti has something that a lot players don't ... It's called loyalty...

About Perez he also mentions Maldini..No ADP though..hmmm


And you talk about Totti at international level as being nothing special ..Maybe you should go have a look at the Euro 2000 final vs France...How many chances did ADP miss ..Guess who was putting them on a plate for him ...Yeah Totti...

Also he was included

In the Euro 2000 team of the tournament...

Wc 2006 team of the tournament ..

Nuff said...

Btw I like ADP,great player ..Just sick of people shitting on Totti...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 4283
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:07 am

Totti had loyalty ?

What did Del Piero have ? A banana ?

He played in Serie B. When did Totti ? He was wanted by Manchester United too when Juventus were relegated. Do not speak of loyalty. Both are loyal.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:10 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:@ErPupone: since when is Roma a rival of Juventus ? No offence, but even in Juventus' worst period in their history Roma has only managed one win since 2007 in Serie A play.

But that is neither here nor there. Totti has little accomplishments. I mean, he did fantastic for Roma and he is a legend there, but that is about it. In the grand scheme of things, Del Piero is more accomplished, respected, known, and has left a greater mark on the game. Totti, if he were not so disrespectful and rude, would have to be one of my favorite non-Juventus players so I am not saying what I am saying out of hate, or else I would have brought up pedantic arguments of Totti spitting on people, and doing this and that.

Umm Roma-Juve is actually a pretty big rivalry, especially amongst fans. It's no Roma-Lazio and no Juve-Inter, but they are still rivals. And if you say Totti has little accomplishments, I'm sorry but you're completely wrong. You absolutely can't say that Del Piero is more accomplished. He had better players surrounding him and was thus allowed to go further in competitions such as the Champions League. But in comparing simply the two players, we shouldn't even be using collective honors. But hey, at least I have the humility not to say "Totti is the best because..." I respect other players like Del Piero too much to go around splitting hairs over their accomplishments. I only expected you, a fan that I sometimes agree with and even defend, to do the same for a player that has sacrificed so much over his career to represent both Roma and the Italian national team. And if I wanted to be a real prick, I would've just slipped in a comment on Euro 2000, but I'm not going to take a cheap shot on a player like Del Piero.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:11 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Totti had loyalty ?

What did Del Piero have ? A banana ?

He played in Serie B. When did Totti ? He was wanted by Manchester United too when Juventus were relegated. Do not speak of loyalty. Both are loyal.

Easy for ADP to be Loyal to Juve when he is playing for the biggest club in Italy with the biggest names in world football...

Serie B ? He knew it would only be for one season...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 4283
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:20 am

The Fonz wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Totti had loyalty ?

What did Del Piero have ? A banana ?

He played in Serie B. When did Totti ? He was wanted by Manchester United too when Juventus were relegated. Do not speak of loyalty. Both are loyal.

Easy for ADP to be Loyal to Juve when he is playing for the biggest club in Italy with the biggest names in world football...

Serie B ? He knew it would only be for one season...

You are kidding ? If anything, the fact he went from winning to now being trophyless since 2007 but that was Serie B so it was not even like it was a huge thing, is even harder. Totti would have been used to staying in that position, Del Piero had to adapt and sacrifice.

@ErPupone: I like Totti, do not get me wrong here. But to say he is at the same level of Del Piero is off the mark in my opinion. You can say whatever you would like about international play, but Del Piero has broken into the top half of the goalscoring charts for Gli Azzurri as well as making the top ten for appearances while Totti has not made either.

This was not meant to insult Totti or you, and if you took it that way, I apologize.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Totti had loyalty ?

What did Del Piero have ? A banana ?

He played in Serie B. When did Totti ? He was wanted by Manchester United too when Juventus were relegated. Do not speak of loyalty. Both are loyal.

Easy for ADP to be Loyal to Juve when he is playing for the biggest club in Italy with the biggest names in world football...

Serie B ? He knew it would only be for one season...

You are kidding ? If anything, the fact he went from winning to now being trophyless since 2007 but that was Serie B so it was not even like it was a huge thing, is even harder. Totti would have been used to staying in that position, Del Piero had to adapt and sacrifice.

@ErPupone: I like Totti, do not get me wrong here. But to say he is at the same level of Del Piero is off the mark in my opinion. You can say whatever you would like about international play, but Del Piero has broken into the top half of the goalscoring charts for Gli Azzurri as well as making the top ten for appearances while Totti has not made either.

This was not meant to insult Totti or you, and if you took it that way, I apologize.

All I'm saying is that it's hypocritical for you to consider Del Piero's exploits and not Totti's. Yes, Del Piero scored many goals for Italy, fantastic. But Totti has more goals in Serie A. So we're very much splitting hairs at this point. And by doing so and claiming that DP is better is actually quite disrespectful imo. You may mean no harm by it, but the fact that you are either ignoring and/or diminishing Totti's work is disrespectful.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:28 am

ErPupone wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Totti had loyalty ?

What did Del Piero have ? A banana ?

He played in Serie B. When did Totti ? He was wanted by Manchester United too when Juventus were relegated. Do not speak of loyalty. Both are loyal.

Easy for ADP to be Loyal to Juve when he is playing for the biggest club in Italy with the biggest names in world football...

Serie B ? He knew it would only be for one season...

You are kidding ? If anything, the fact he went from winning to now being trophyless since 2007 but that was Serie B so it was not even like it was a huge thing, is even harder. Totti would have been used to staying in that position, Del Piero had to adapt and sacrifice.

@ErPupone: I like Totti, do not get me wrong here. But to say he is at the same level of Del Piero is off the mark in my opinion. You can say whatever you would like about international play, but Del Piero has broken into the top half of the goalscoring charts for Gli Azzurri as well as making the top ten for appearances while Totti has not made either.

This was not meant to insult Totti or you, and if you took it that way, I apologize.

All I'm saying is that it's hypocritical for you to consider Del Piero's exploits and not Totti's. Yes, Del Piero scored many goals for Italy, fantastic. But Totti has more goals in Serie A. So we're very much splitting hairs at this point. And by doing so and claiming that DP is better is actually quite disrespectful imo. You may mean no harm by it, but the fact that you are either ignoring and/or diminishing Totti's work is disrespectful.

Well of course I will say Del Piero is better, just as any Roma fan would say Totti is better. It is an argument that should exclude Juventus and Roma fans because this is what it will create; a pinnacle which will eventually create a platform which will never be topped. It will just remain a balance, and maybe that is best.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by ErPupone Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:34 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
ErPupone wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Totti had loyalty ?

What did Del Piero have ? A banana ?

He played in Serie B. When did Totti ? He was wanted by Manchester United too when Juventus were relegated. Do not speak of loyalty. Both are loyal.

Easy for ADP to be Loyal to Juve when he is playing for the biggest club in Italy with the biggest names in world football...

Serie B ? He knew it would only be for one season...

You are kidding ? If anything, the fact he went from winning to now being trophyless since 2007 but that was Serie B so it was not even like it was a huge thing, is even harder. Totti would have been used to staying in that position, Del Piero had to adapt and sacrifice.

@ErPupone: I like Totti, do not get me wrong here. But to say he is at the same level of Del Piero is off the mark in my opinion. You can say whatever you would like about international play, but Del Piero has broken into the top half of the goalscoring charts for Gli Azzurri as well as making the top ten for appearances while Totti has not made either.

This was not meant to insult Totti or you, and if you took it that way, I apologize.

All I'm saying is that it's hypocritical for you to consider Del Piero's exploits and not Totti's. Yes, Del Piero scored many goals for Italy, fantastic. But Totti has more goals in Serie A. So we're very much splitting hairs at this point. And by doing so and claiming that DP is better is actually quite disrespectful imo. You may mean no harm by it, but the fact that you are either ignoring and/or diminishing Totti's work is disrespectful.

Well of course I will say Del Piero is better, just as any Roma fan would say Totti is better. It is an argument that should exclude Juventus and Roma fans because this is what it will create; a pinnacle which will eventually create a platform which will never be topped. It will just remain a balance, and maybe that is best.

But that's exactly what I'm trying to say and you keep arguing lol. But I, a Roma fan, never even stated that Totti is better. All I did was defend the arguments going against him, some of which were completely unfair. I said from the beginning that we cannot claim which one is better because a) we have our huge preferences and b) there's very little between them if anything at all. But I for one was able to put aside my admiration for Totti for such a discussion. My goal here was not to convince you that Totti was and/or is better. My intent was to avoid the shit parade on Totti which always comes around on this forum when his name is mentiond.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 2422
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:46 am

Well that was not my intention either, because believe me as I said if I wanted to shit all over Totti I would have gone ad hominem and said he is malicious, rude, and this and that ... the typical arguments which serve no relevance.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by juve_gigi Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:44 am

I think any reasonable person who knows Italian football would conclude that:

A. Roberto Baggio is the greatest Italian player ever, and

B. Del Piero was a greater player than Totti

If you don't believe me then please conduct a poll that excludes Roma and Juventus fans, that would be the fairest way to do this.

You can compare goals and assists and number of appearances and number of trophies won, etc., etc., but the bottom line is Del Piero is generally considered the second or third greatest Italian player ever, Totti is never even in the discussion. I talked to my best friend today who is a Milanista (has been a Milanista for 25 years), and he told me the same thing. He said Totti wasn't even in his top ten greatest Italian players.

Again, you are looking at Baggio, Del Piero, Boniperti, Rivera, Riva and Paolo Rossi before you are even looking at Totti, and that is just comparing strikers. But bottom line is there is really no comparison between Del Piero and Totti, Del Piero is clearly the better overall player.

And if you want the BIGGEST evidence that Del Piero is greater than Totti, you just have to look at the 2007-2008 Serie A season. Juventus had just come back from Serie B and the very same year Del Piero is the top goal scorer in all of Serie A, winning the capocannoniere, at the age of 33!!! And Roma was second place that year in Serie A, 10 points ahead of just promoted Juventus. So Roma clearly had the better team that year. Think about that, Del Piero was 33 years old when he was the capocannoniere. Truly a legendary performance that Roberto Baggio could not even match. And yes Totti did win the capocannoniere the year prior in 2006-2007, but again Del Piero had just come back from Serie B with an inferior team and was 2 years older than Totti, so their is a big difference.

That in itself is proof beyond all doubt that Del Piero is probabaly the second or third greatest Italian player ever, right behind Roberto Baggio and maybe one other player.

No disrepect to Totti, he is and was a great player, but not at the level of Baggio or Del Piero.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3672
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:18 am

Del Piero, in my opinion, is better on and off the pitch. Both men are great, but Del Piero can simply not be compared to. I know I may be biased, but I seriously can say I have not met a person, regardless of their preference to team, who dislikes him for his skill and his respect.

He's gotten standing ovations from Manchester United's crowd, Real Madrid's crowd, even Inter's crowd. He is a phenomenon and a champion that will forever not be forgotten. He is the ultimate footballer.

STATS:
Del Piero has scored 276 in 612, a goal every 2.21 games. Totti has scored 245 in 574, scoring a goal every 2.34 games. Del Piero has scored 53 goals in European Competitions, Totti has 35. Totti has 9 in 58 for Italy, a goal every 9.83 games. Del Piero has 27 goals in 91 for Italy, a goal every 3.37 games

The stats says it all. Forget about the stuff above, in terms of loyalty, class and magic- theyre unbeatable. Forget trophies, accolades etc. These two are sublime!! When it comes down to FT vs ADP, it's all about whoever inspires you, whoever dazzles you. And for me, watching Del Piero so many times, its obviously him.

However, apart from my personal bias I cannot separate these two legends whose loyalty, passion and consummate skill and creativity is unquestionalbe. Each has in their own way contributed immensely to Italian football, with youngsters around the world aspiring to be just these two players and when it comes to the time when they hang-up their boots they will both be remembered as Legends.'







lol, I just wake up... it's 9 am... and this is what I see again... Can we not start this Totti and Del Piero debate again... I made it clear with this post that they are better in their ways... Who really cares who's better or not.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:22 am

sciacca wrote:Del Piero, in my opinion, is better on and off the pitch. Both men are great, but Del Piero can simply not be compared to. I know I may be biased, but I seriously can say I have not met a person, regardless of their preference to team, who dislikes him for his skill and his respect.

He's gotten standing ovations from Manchester United's crowd, Real Madrid's crowd, even Inter's crowd. He is a phenomenon and a champion that will forever not be forgotten. He is the ultimate footballer.

STATS:
Del Piero has scored 276 in 612, a goal every 2.21 games. Totti has scored 245 in 574, scoring a goal every 2.34 games. Del Piero has scored 53 goals in European Competitions, Totti has 35. Totti has 9 in 58 for Italy, a goal every 9.83 games. Del Piero has 27 goals in 91 for Italy, a goal every 3.37 games

The stats says it all. Forget about the stuff above, in terms of loyalty, class and magic- theyre unbeatable. Forget trophies, accolades etc. These two are sublime!! When it comes down to FT vs ADP, it's all about whoever inspires you, whoever dazzles you. And for me, watching Del Piero so many times, its obviously him.

However, apart from my personal bias I cannot separate these two legends whose loyalty, passion and consummate skill and creativity is unquestionalbe. Each has in their own way contributed immensely to Italian football, with youngsters around the world aspiring to be just these two players and when it comes to the time when they hang-up their boots they will both be remembered as Legends.'







lol, I just wake up... it's 9 am... and this is what I see again... Can we not start this Totti and Del Piero debate again... I made it clear with this post that they are better in their ways... Who really cares who's better or not.

Do not rub it in. Crying or Very sad
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 4224
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:34 am

juve_gigi wrote:I think any reasonable person who knows Italian football would conclude that:

A. Roberto Baggio is the greatest Italian player ever, and


B. Del Piero was a greater player than Totti

If you don't believe me then please conduct a poll that excludes Roma and Juventus fans, that would be the fairest way to do this.

You can compare goals and assists and number of appearances and number of trophies won, etc., etc., but the bottom line is Del Piero is generally considered the second or third greatest Italian player ever, Totti is never even in the discussion. I talked to my best friend today who is a Milanista (has been a Milanista for 25 years), and he told me the same thing. He said Totti wasn't even in his top ten greatest Italian players.

Again, you are looking at Baggio, Del Piero, Boniperti, Rivera, Riva and Paolo Rossi before you are even looking at Totti, and that is just comparing strikers. But bottom line is there is really no comparison between Del Piero and Totti, Del Piero is clearly the better overall player.

And if you want the BIGGEST evidence that Del Piero is greater than Totti, you just have to look at the 2007-2008 Serie A season. Juventus had just come back from Serie B and the very same year Del Piero is the top goal scorer in all of Serie A, winning the capocannoniere, at the age of 33!!! And Roma was second place that year in Serie A, 10 points ahead of just promoted Juventus. So Roma clearly had the better team that year. Think about that, Del Piero was 33 years old when he was the capocannoniere. Truly a legendary performance that Roberto Baggio could not even match. And yes Totti did win the capocannoniere the year prior in 2006-2007, but again Del Piero had just come back from Serie B with an inferior team and was 2 years older than Totti, so their is a big difference.

That in itself is proof beyond all doubt that Del Piero is probabaly the second or third greatest Italian player ever, right behind Roberto Baggio and maybe one other player.

No disrepect to Totti, he is and was a great player, but not at the level of Baggio or Del Piero.

The obvious answer for me would be Giuseppe Meazza or Gigi Riva. Though if we talk about our times, obviously Baggio.

No Del Piero isn't considered right behind Baggio or even third. Del Piero is not even in the Top 10 Scorer's of all time in Serie A. If we speak about hero's Paolo Rossi takes advantage. Guys like Gigi Riva with the most all time goals with the national team.

No comparison? Not entirely... Already club loyalty is enough. Both are legends in their clubs. Both are world Champions. Both are strikers who have scored many goals and many assists. Broken records in both clubs and Serie A and have their share of achivements. So there's a lot to compare if you put into perspective.

I got to some what disagree with the last point you said, that he's not at their level. Funny thing is, Totti surpassed both Baggio and Del Piero in the top scorers of all time in Serie A. Making him in fact more superior to them when it comes to the Italian league and at their level. Needless to say, he scored all those goals with Roma who have not really won much. Del Piero although scoring more goals with Juventus, some of them came from Serie B, sure he missed one Serie A season, however at the same rate as Totti was going at, he still wouldn't of caught up Baggio Sadly. When it comes to level of Skill... Totti being the Trequartista he is, sadly again, Del Piero can't touch him. That is between Baggio and him.







Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:44 am

ErPupone wrote: Totti made the long pass to Gilardino. Not many would have the nerve to pull it off that well. That pass, btw, summed up his world cup, the perfect link in our transition play.

As are you saying that Totti didin't revolutionize the game? He was one of the best trequartistas in the past two decades and even adapted to play as a seconda and prima punta and was even a winger at one point in his career. No noticeable difference between Del Piero and Totti's contributions to the game, saying one did this and the other one didn't is automatically disrespectful to the other, because they both have done as much as anyone possibly can.

Sorry Mike, but I got to disagree with the assist to Del Piero. Yes, he made the pass... but Gilardino was the one who made the run, the one who went one on one with the defender and then did the no look pass to Del Piero. Plus, the ball was recovered by Cannavaro. Not discrediting Totti here, though I'm just saying it was mostly Gila and not Totti.

Yes, that is completely right. In which made him who he is known for today. He is not at Baggio's level, but he's right under him that is for sure. If it wasn't for all his assists and plays in the World Cup, there would be no World Cup for Italy.

JuvenelCuore wrote:Well in the footballing world, he did not assist Del Piero.

Internationally he is not on Italia's top ten scoring list, whereas Del Piero is third tied with Roberto Baggio.

Champion's League alone is uncomparable, and Del Piero has done better all the time, even with a team that was not that great, like against Madrid where he scored individual goals for the most part.

Del Piero has left more of a mark on the game, and you cannot deny that. He was won more collectively, individually, has cemented himself as a top five free kick taker of all time, and is more known and respected across the world.

He didn't assist, though he was still part of the play and credit still does go to Totti.

Internationally, Totti is not on the top for Italy's scoring list, but that is just because all the coaches used him as what they like to call the 'magic man', the number 10... the Treqaurtista role. He was never told by his coaches to score, rather then create plays. So I don't think goals really matter if you compare both players on the international level.



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:00 am

BY the way... What Fonz said... can we stop all the disgusting remarks about Totti? I'm sick of it, and tired of it... People who judge him off the pitch(In which he in fact never did wrong) should know better. The man is a legend... An Italian legend... I don't know, I just don't see me as an Azzurri fan ever disrespecting the man, I should be making remarks about how Balotelli and Cassano are degenerates and yet I'm a big fan of Cassano's and I praise Balotelli way to much as my signature shows.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 4 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum