Busby Babe
Doc
S
M99
31 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who is better?

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 Vote_lcap45%Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 27 ]
Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 Vote_lcap55%Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 33 ]

Total Votes : 60

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 am

lol @ Sciacca doubting MTD is Italian.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 Empty Re: Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Is it really that hard to have a sensible discussion?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:53 pm

to be fair, Sci did not insult MTD, and MTD started with the argument.

Both of you are from Italy, hurray; now stop before thing escalate.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:to be fair, Sci did not insult MTD, and MTD started with the argument.

Both of you are from Italy, hurray; now stop before thing escalate.

Tell me how I started it?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:00 pm

MTD is Italian, Sciacca proof who called him Australian? :geek:
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Ya, I'd really like to see who called me Australian
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Alessandro Del Piero

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 Delpiero
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:18 am

Milantildeath wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Milantildeath wrote:This is age long debate in Italy, you either are a supporter of Totti or Del Piero, not both. I'm personally a Totti supporter. You can say I'm on team Totti.

There's no such thing of Team Totti or Team Del Piero. Except for the fact of Romanisti and Juventini. The rest of Serie A fans, and including Azzurri fans should respect both players regardless. If you don't, you are a disgrace. Simple as that.

Calm down there buddy, I was joking about team Totti and team Del Piero. As for people taking sides, yes people respect both, you have to be a complete idiot to not respect both. Obviously you have never been to Italy though, they will ask you which one and if you say both we will laugh at you.

First doubted Sci ever being to Italy, or his knowledge of Italian habits. But this is not where you started it, you started it by insulting Sci\s private life in one of the posts above.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:30 am

Milantildeath wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:Calm down there buddy, I was joking about team Totti and team Del Piero. As for people taking sides, yes people respect both, you have to be a complete idiot to not respect both. Obviously you have never been to Italy though, they will ask you which one and if you say both we will laugh at you.

Obvious I've never been to Italy? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! And you call yourself a veteran on this forum, everyone knows I live there. I was born in Italy buddy, don't come up with conclusions you don't know. My name 'Sciacca' is the town I'm from, the avatar, is the Sicilian Logo. I'm just currently in Montreal, Canada for my Studies. Why do you think I take so much pride in which where I'm from. I bet you don't even live in Italy, in fact your from Australia from what I hear, so don't contradict your own self.

Hey I guess you're not as popular as you thought huh? I know all the thing's you mentioned above about your user name, and avatar, that proves nothing, half the people on here have Italian user names and aren't Italian, you just did no justice there. Yes, I'm from Monza, and where did you get Australia from? I picked up my English skills working in England, and maybe if you were such a "vet" you would know I was a Tottenham supporter when it came to EPL I worked in England right outside of white heart lane. I don't know where you get off questioning anyone's credentials, you're just a wannabe Internet thug that spends half his life on this forum.

*** For the record, you brought up no argument of Totti v Del Piero here, you just "attacked my personal life" like you always so famously say, and have now been reported. Good stuff.

That's the post. I am not trying to play the devil's advocate here, but just as I point out Sci out when he is wrong, I would point you out despite me being a Milan fan. No need to play innocent.

Also, Sci saying you may be from Australia does not qualify as an insult, you calling him an internet thug does.

Thank you
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:58 am

Oh my, my. Once again, insulting my personal life? Sure I do buddy. I spend half of my life on these forums. Why is it that Im not always online? Thanks for notifying my Lord Spencer, he never learns. His signature claimes he wants peace with Juventus fans, but he loves insulting them. What a good poster he is. :coffee:

Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 Sciacca_web640
Francesco Totti vs Alessandro Del Piero - Page 3 78120

Last edited by sciacca on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:23 am

sciacca wrote:Oh my, my. Once again, insulting my personal life? Sure I do buddy. I spend half of my life on these forums. Why is it that Im not always online? Thanks for notifying my Lord Spencer, he never learns. His signature claimes he wants peace with Juventus fans, but he loves insulting them. What a good poster he is. :coffee:

Okay, but please ignore him just this time.

For me Rolling Eyes
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:39 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
sciacca wrote:Oh my, my. Once again, insulting my personal life? Sure I do buddy. I spend half of my life on these forums. Why is it that Im not always online? Thanks for notifying my Lord Spencer, he never learns. His signature claimes he wants peace with Juventus fans, but he loves insulting them. What a good poster he is. :coffee:

Okay, but please ignore him just this time.

For me Rolling Eyes

I will. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:40 am

Sciacca, seriously dude you take some things too seriously ease the frak up. And who the hell told you that MTD is Australian? Why do you always have to derail good threads in this forum?

Predicting the reply: Because I am Sicilian.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Lol there is no thread where everyone get along.There is no such a thing. Sad Crying or Very sad
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:18 pm

the bernabeu have never stood up for totti, not that he doesnt deserve it..

but we have stood up for del piero.

del piero wins.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:23 pm

The Madrid One wrote:the bernabeu have never stood up for totti, not that he doesnt deserve it..

del piero wins.

+1. Totti may be known domestically, but what has he done with Roma outside of Italia ? Nothing.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clownbaby Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:48 pm

vieri could've topped both if he wasnt a nutcase
Clownbaby
Clownbaby
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Clownbaby wrote:vieri could've topped both if he wasnt a nutcase

Could be, he was on fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabra1 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:44 pm

sciacca wrote:

Could be, he was on fire

Hmm.. I can't help but think that Vieri didn't have the vision or technique the two had.
I would say Del Piero. He scored argubly one of Italy's most important goals against Germany. He scored twice in the Bernabeu... And he is classier than Totti..

And last time I checked, there is no such thing as a "Totti Zone" when it comes to scoring goals :coffee:
Sabra1
Sabra1
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Sabra1 wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Could be, he was on fire

Hmm.. I can't help but think that Vieri didn't have the vision or technique the two had.
I would say Del Piero. He scored argubly one of Italy's most important goals against Germany. He scored twice in the Bernabeu... And he is classier than Totti..

And last time I checked, there is no such thing as a "Totti Zone" when it comes to scoring goals :coffee:

Well yeah Totti has not done anything internationally which is why I believe he is nowhere near Del Piero. He was a big fish in a small pond.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:48 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:the bernabeu have never stood up for totti, not that he doesnt deserve it..

del piero wins.

+1. Totti may be known domestically, but what has he done with Roma outside of Italia ? Nothing.

Can't blame the guy for staying with his boyhood club through thick and thin.

Sabra1 wrote:
sciacca wrote:

Could be, he was on fire

Totti has scored at the Bernabeu too, and he assisted Del Piero's goal against Germany... so... yeahhh.

And Totti Zone? No, he scores from everywhere.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Gilardino directly assisted Del Piero, not Totti, though he passed to Gilardino.

Totti has done nothing internationally bro, that is the reality of the situation.

Del Piero zone means he revolutionized the game and made his mark, Totti has not to the extent of Del Piero.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:03 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Gilardino directly assisted Del Piero, not Totti, though he passed to Gilardino.

Totti has done nothing internationally bro, that is the reality of the situation.

Del Piero zone means he revolutionized the game and made his mark, Totti has not to the extent of Del Piero.

Totti made the long pass to Gilardino. Not many would have the nerve to pull it off that well. That pass, btw, summed up his world cup, the perfect link in our transition play.

Internationally... he made the FIFA best 11 of the 2006 World Cup, not many get the chance to be included in that, only the best of the best. He was a key part of our World Cup winning squad. With Roma, well obviously our history isn't as great as Juve's, especially on the European stage. That can't be held against him though. Nonetheless, he played some truly great games in the Champions League (e.g. at the Bernabeu), but we never had the team to challenge for the title.

As are you saying that Totti didin't revolutionize the game? He was one of the best trequartistas in the past two decades and even adapted to play as a seconda and prima punta and was even a winger at one point in his career. No noticeable difference between Del Piero and Totti's contributions to the game, saying one did this and the other one didn't is automatically disrespectful to the other, because they both have done as much as anyone possibly can.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:08 pm

ErPupone wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Gilardino directly assisted Del Piero, not Totti, though he passed to Gilardino.

Totti made the long pass to Gilardino. Not many would have the nerve to pull it off that well. That pass, btw, summed up his world cup, the perfect link in our transition play.

Internationally... he made the FIFA best 11 of the 2006 World Cup, not many get the chance to be included in that, only the best of the best. He was a key part of our World Cup winning squad. With Roma, well obviously our history isn't as great as Juve's, especially on the European stage. That can't be held against him though. Nonetheless, he played some truly great games in the Champions League (e.g. at the Bernabeu), but we never had the team to challenge for the title.

As are you saying that Totti didin't revolutionize the game? He was one of the best trequartistas in the past two decades and even adapted to play as a seconda and prima punta and was even a winger at one point in his career. No noticeable difference between Del Piero and Totti's contributions to the game, saying one did this and the other one didn't is automatically disrespectful to the other, because they both have done as much as anyone possibly can.

Well in the footballing world, he did not assist Del Piero.

Internationally he is not on Italia's top ten scoring list, whereas Del Piero is third tied with Roberto Baggio.

Champion's League alone is uncomparable, and Del Piero has done better all the time, even with a team that was not that great, like against Madrid where he scored individual goals for the most part.

Del Piero has left more of a mark on the game, and you cannot deny that. He was won more collectively, individually, has cemented himself as a top five free kick taker of all time, and is more known and respected across the world.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabra1 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:21 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Internationally he is not on Italia's top ten scoring list, whereas Del Piero is third tied with Roberto Baggio.

Champion's League alone is uncomparable, and Del Piero has done better all the time, even with a team that was not that great, like against Madrid where he scored individual goals for the most part.

Del Piero has left more of a mark on the game, and you cannot deny that. He was won more collectively, individually, has cemented himself as a top five free kick taker of all time, and is more known and respected across the world.

I respect both, no doubt. They both have almost the same records for their teams. Top scorer, all-time appearance records etc... But lets look at the bigger picture:
Totti may have scored more goals in Serie A, but Del Piero is the 8th highest scoring of all time in the UEFA CL. Not to mention his (aforementioned) free-kick prowess and international goal-scoring ability.

Looking at team honours, Del Piero has won 7 (5) Serie A titles.. One Champions League.. and Inter-Cont cup.. While Totti has a sole Serie A title..
Sabra1
Sabra1
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:22 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Yo man, I agree with you quite often, but don't let your love for Del Piero affect your argument. I'm trying to be as objective as possible here and in all honesty, there is absolutely nothing that can be said to establish which one of the two is clearly better. Stats don't seperate them. You say Del Piero has more goals with Italy, I'll counter with Totti having more goals in Serie A. Del Piero scored against Madrid, so did Totti (though I don't know why that matters so much lol).

Individual honors? Too close to call.

Totti: European Golden Shoe, Golden Foot, Serie A Young Footballer of the Year, 2 Serie A footballer of the year, 5 Italian Footballer of the year, Euro 2000 and WC 2006 Team of the tournament.

Del Piero: European U21 Footballer of the year, Golden Foot, 2 Serie A player of he year, 1 Serie A Top Scorer, 1 Champions League Top Scorer

Free kicks, Totti is great at those too and even scored a few this season. More known? I wouldn't think so, once again it's a tie.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next