zizzle
Lord Spencer
baresi
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alessandro Del Piero Empty Alessandro Del Piero

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:34 am

Now that CL football is over and we have two days ahead before the weekend, I guess we can all have some serious discussion on one of the living legends of football. A name that didnt take time to get into our hearts, a player known for his skills, elegance, class, and leadership spirit.

I wont go into stats of how many goals he scored, how many assists he gave, because his presence with Juventus meant much more than that, he is a symbol, a motivator, one in a generation kind.

Alessandro came through the youth ranks of Serie B team Padova and joind Juventus at age 19 and the success journey never stopped from there, winning all that could be won with Juventus including a rare achievment of Serie B, made ADP a club legend.

However the way things developed in the last few days brings up to mind some issues that needs to be cleared out:

Loyalty

How loyal do you concider ADP?
We all know that ADP left his first club that gave him the oppurtunity to grow as player, to join one of the greatest clubs in Italy, it can be understandable that most footballers would prefer to join a bigger club to improve and progress in their career, but does that take away from his loyalty in generl? (dont look at it as loyalty towards Juve only).

As for loyalty towards Juventus, we all know he is among the few players that stayed with the Turin outfit during their relegation period to Serie B, now we might think that is loyalty, but we cant say so till we answer the following:

Did ADP stick to Juve during that period because he was loyal to Juve....?
........ or did he feel at some point he needs a break from football, coming out of a tough season, playing in the WC, what better could come than a season long vocation (I am not sure if it was a paid vocation or not).

At that time he was already 32 years old, and that is not a young age for a player to switch clubs, I am not sure if any serious offers came to Juventus at that time, if those offers really came maybe he wasnt ready to take Sheva's gamble and try his luck somewhere else, and end up like Sheva with all his previous achievement forgoten. So IMO the SAFEST choice was to stick with Juventus. Or it might be loyalty simple as that.

No. 10

Does the No.10 jersey deserve to retire? Will it happen?
All club greats had this honour, what better way to be always remembered by the fans, what better way for the management to say THANK YOU.

Why this way, to say good bye.

It is no secret that the way "IL CAPITANO"s departure was announced was a shocker to all the footballing world, even ADP had no comments on the issue. I am not talking about motivation for the season etc..., I am talking about respect, getting him involved in such a dissicion. Even his coach was not involved? Or was Conte involved and he told the management ADP is out of his plans and therefore the dicision was made?

Playing else where

How will Juve fans feel about it, what would they think of ADP if he plays in any other club, let it be Italian or nonItalian.

:coffee:

PS
Lets not take this thread as an oppurtunity to bash Juve or any othe club, there are several point to discuss, if you dont like one of it just skip it.

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Alessandro Del Piero Empty Re: Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:40 am

baresi wrote:Now that CL football is over and we have two days ahead before the weekend, I guess we can all have some serious discussion on one of the living legends of football. A name that didnt take time to get into our hearts, a player known for his skills, elegance, class, and leadership spirit.

I wont go into stats of how many goals he scored, how many assists he gave, because his presence with Juventus meant much more than that, he is a symbol, a motivator, one in a generation kind.

Alessandro came through the youth ranks of Serie B team Padova and joind Juventus at age 19 and the success journey never stopped from there, winning all that could be won with Juventus including a rare achievment of Serie B, made ADP a club legend.

However the way things developed in the last few days brings up to mind some issues that needs to be cleared out:

Loyalty

How loyal do you concider ADP?
We all know that ADP left his first club that gave him the oppurtunity to grow as player, to join one of the greatest clubs in Italy, it can be understandable that all footballers would prefer to join a bigger club to improve and progress in their career, but does that take away from his loyalty in generl? (dont look at it as loyalty towards Juve only).

As for loyalty towards Juventus, we all know he is among the few players that stayed with the Turin outfit during their relegation period to Serie B, now we might think that is loyalty, but we cant say so till we answer the following:

Did ADP stick to Juve during that period because he was loyal to Juve....?
........ or did he feel at some point he needs a break from football, coming out of a tough season, playing in the WC, what better could come than a season long vocation (I am not sure if it was a paid vocation or not).

At that time he was already 32 years old, and that is not a young age for a player to switch clubs, I am not sure if any serious offers came to Juventus at that time, if those offers really came maybe he wasnt ready to take Sheva's gamble and try his luck somewhere else, and end up like Sheva with all his previous achievement forgoten. So IMO the SAFEST choice was to stick with Juventus. Or it might be loyalty simple as that.

No. 10

Does the No.10 jersey deserve to retire? Will it happen?
All club greats had this honour, what better way to be always remembered by the fans, what better way for the management to say THANK YOU.

Why this way, to say good bye.

It is no secret that the way "IL CAPITANO"s departure was announced was a shocker to all the footballing world, even ADP had no comments on the issue. I am not talking about motivation for the season etc..., I am talking about respect, getting him involved in such a dissicion. Even his coach was not involved? Or was Conte involved and he told the management ADP is out of his plans and therefore the dicision was made?

Playing else where

How will Juve fans feel about it, what would they think of ADP if he plays in any other club, let it be Italian or nonItalian.

Alessandro Del Piero 2859867778

PS
Lets not take this thread as an oppurtunity to bash Juve or any othe club, there are several point to discuss, if you dont like one of it just skip it.

Fixed it for you.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:41 am

which reminds me of the manner Juvi anounced that he wont be playing next season. absolutely classess
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:51 am

Baresi, did you even research this before posting ?

Del Piero came off winning the 2006 World Cup and he had offers from Manchester United, that is a fact. Totti had offers from Real Madrid throughout his career too.

Players are loyal. Simple as that. Gianluigi Buffon, was he too old to join another club and instead stayed safe ? He was the best goalkeeper in the world. Pavel Nedved was a 2003 Ballon d'Or winner. David Trezeguet was one of the best poachers at that time. They all could have gone to a big club. They all stayed. Simple as that.

Del Piero is one of the greatest captains to ever grace the world of football and never will any Juventus player ever replicate nor surpass the legacy he has left behind.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:57 am

Reality is if ADP had moved he still mightn't have been playing for them. Same with Totti as well so there were benefits for them as well in staying.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:00 am

Magricos wrote: Reality is if ADP had moved he still mightn't have been playing for them. Same with Totti as well so there were benefits for them as well in staying.

Has the idea of playing for big clubs ever stopped anybody, bar a few ? I understand your reasoning, but in the footballing world, people like Alexis Sanchez, Javier Mascherano, Kaka, and about 65% of Manchester City players all accept big money and prestige over playing for respective clubs.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:58 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:Baresi, did you even research this before posting ?

Del Piero came off winning the 2006 World Cup and he had offers from Manchester United, that is a fact. Totti had offers from Real Madrid throughout his career too.

Players are loyal. Simple as that. Gianluigi Buffon, was he too old to join another club and instead stayed safe ? He was the best goalkeeper in the world. Pavel Nedved was a 2003 Ballon d'Or winner. David Trezeguet was one of the best poachers at that time. They all could have gone to a big club. They all stayed. Simple as that.

Del Piero is one of the greatest captains to ever grace the world of football and never will any Juventus player ever replicate nor surpass the legacy he has left behind.
All others name dont concern me in this thread, plus lets not forget how things went with Trezeguet after leaving juve, that proves my point.

One of he greatest captains, and never will any Juventus player replicate nor surpass his legacy, no one is denying that, dont you think he deserves to have no.10 retiered?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 am

One of the greatest players to play the game in my book. I love the guy and he is an inspiration and one of the reasons I started to watch Serie A and Juventus. I'm going to cry when he retires.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:21 am

baresi wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:Baresi, did you even research this before posting ?

All others name dont concern me in this thread, plus lets not forget how things went with Trezeguet after leaving juve, that proves my point.

One of he greatest captains, and never will any Juventus player replicate nor surpass his legacy, no one is denying that, dont you think he deserves to have no.10 retiered?

Trezeguet ? Another uneducated and baseless assumption. How did it go down badly ? He went to the club from where his wife is in Spain, and Juventus pay a very, very large percentage [maybe 65%-80%] of his salary because Hercules are financially inept. Yeah, such a bad gesture I suppose.

I do not think he deserves to have the number ten retired just because it would be unfair to guys like Boniperti [who had left a similar legacy as Del Piero will be leaving], Platini, Roberto Baggio, etc. who all had immense talent. I want to say "yes" but Boniperti is probably the biggest thing holding me back.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:57 am

Age for del piero is only a number at age 33 - 34 he topped the serie a scoring charts in juves second season back in serie a and the one before it trez beat him by one goal.

The man definantly still had it even after we got sent down make no doubt it, same as his loyalty to juve.

Agreed the board showed no class with this announcement and better fix this up.

I would for them to retire the number 10 jersey in del pieros honour, nothing less than he deserves.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:55 am

wait how old is del Piero now? 36 yrs.

When was Calciopoli? 2006

2011 - 2006

11 - 6 = 5

36 - 5 = 31

but am sure when we began Serie B, del boy was still 30 yrs....

but the troll that made this thread which sought to troll, he did not research but sought to talk sh*t......

not shocking really for the same guy that made a Juve vs Chievo thread claiming Conte did not call Vucinic, Krasic, Pirlo etc when they were even playing the game......

/jester is a jester.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:34 am

elmystique wrote:wait how old is del Piero now? 36 yrs.

When was Calciopoli? 2006

2011 - 2006

11 - 6 = 5

36 - 5 = 31

but am sure when we began Serie B, del boy was still 30 yrs....

but the troll that made this thread which sought to troll, he did not research but sought to talk sh*t......

not shocking really for the same guy that made a Juve vs Chievo thread claiming Conte did not call Vucinic, Krasic, Pirlo etc when they were even playing the game......

/jester is a jester.....

#doomed by Signor Kwame.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:09 am

+1 , great stuff mate. Del piero on and off the field is a legend. He donated plenty of money to Japan and various charities as well as doing volunteer work. Ive always dreamed that I'd one day meet him. When juve came down Australia he couldnt come so I was shattered but still just to watch him is a priviledge in itself. My greatest del piero moment was his goal against Germany in 06. Incredible and so delicate.

One memorie that will always stick to my mind though is around 2 years ago when we were in our darkest days and during a match the ultra's were letting off flares, causing trouble, racist comments. The ref was going to stop the game... Del piero went up to the fans, quietly told them to stop and before u knew it the game went on. For me that is a memory il never forget. Ohh man I'm gonna miss ale, gonna cry so hard when he retires
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:53 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Trezeguet ? Another uneducated and baseless assumption. How did it go down badly ? He went to the club from where his wife is in Spain, and Juventus pay a very, very large percentage [maybe 65%-80%] of his salary because Hercules are financially inept. Yeah, such a bad gesture I suppose.

I do not think he deserves to have the number ten retired just because it would be unfair to guys like Boniperti [who had left a similar legacy as Del Piero will be leaving], Platini, Roberto Baggio, etc. who all had immense talent. I want to say "yes" but Boniperti is probably the biggest thing holding me back.

What do I have to do with who paid what for Trezequet, I am saying it went bad playing wise and now he ended in some unknown club, ask any football fan that started following football recently who is Trezeguet they'll answer the guy that played for Hercules, I think ADP feared the same would happen with him. Or maybe he just chose the same as Trezeguet chose and that is to play where his wife is?? Has nothing to do with loyalty.

Anyway gtg something urget came up, wil continue later.

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyzar Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:47 am

Del piero is a legend, he is beyond filthy and cheap trolling, no wonder you are a milan, you have no class, just like the Milan fans who booed and jeered Paolo Maldini in his last ever game at San Siro.

Troll about anything and anyone but not Del Piero, you pathetic troll.

and yeah, GO F*CK YOURSELF!
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:00 am

I hope this thread doesnt get locked due to some ppl rudeness, and why wont No.10 get retiered for such a legend. Or odes the management not concider him as one??

Note: I think he is a legend.

Have a good day too Keyzar boy.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyzar Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:09 am

baresi wrote:I hope this thread doesnt get locked due to some ppl rudeness, and why wont No.10 get retiered for such a legend. Or odes the management not concider him as one??

Note: I think he is a legend.

Have a good day too Keyzar boy.

I REPEAT: GO F*CK YOURSELF! Evil or Very Mad
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:13 am

If I were you (God forbid) I would cool down a bit, unless you want to see that 75 turn to 50. :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyzar Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:17 am

baresi wrote:If I were you (God forbid) I would cool down a bit, unless you want to see that 75 turn to 50. :coffee:

oh boy, GO ON, DON'T STOP F*CKING YOURSELF Evil or Very Mad
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:28 pm

no one like Del Piero and for the record he stayed because he wanted to and he was the reason Buffon,Camo,Trez, Nedved stayed with us they waited for his word..

and he said : Un vero cavaliere non lascia mai una signora)

and now the signora leaves him Sad(( *bleep* ... I feel so sad ;(

P,S, half of this thread is made to lower ADP's reputation and stuff I am sorry baresi bro but for this thread it really obvious what the intention is ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:40 pm

DeviAngel wrote:no one like Del Piero and for the record he stayed because he wanted to and he was the reason Buffon,Camo,Trez, Nedved stayed with us they waited for his word..

P,S, half of this thread is made to lower ADP's reputation and stuff I am sorry baresi bro but for this thread it really obvious what the intention is ..

No man dont get me wrong, I LOVE Heart Del Piero, and I always said I will buy his shirt after he retires, whatever team it is.

I hope he joins Milan and retires here, we will give him the treatment he desereves; Berlusconi always loves legends names to be tied with Milan name and ADP is no exception over here he might win the Scudetto this season if he decides to part ways in January, and we might be able to award him with the CL next season just as we did with Rivaldo, and tried to do with Ronaldo.

Out of all clubs ItaliaJuve was the last I expected to give such an Italin icon this sort of treatment Crying or Very sad , even the wrongfully called "non Italian" club Inter respected an Italian legend and retired his number.

But again who are we to know what really happens, managements know best, and they might know a thing or two that we dont know and therefore acted accordingly.

Well done Keyzar boy.

PS all neutrals dont think all Juventus fans are classless, bad apples are every where. But I think NEW fans follow the lead of NEW managements, and from how ADP was treated we can all see how this management is. :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 pm

baresi wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:no one like Del Piero and for the record he stayed because he wanted to and he was the reason Buffon,Camo,Trez, Nedved stayed with us they waited for his word..

No man dont get me wrong, I LOVE Heart Del Piero, and I always said I will buy his shirt after he retires, whatever team it is.

I hope he joins Milan and retires here, we will give him the treatment he desereves; Berlusconi always loves legends names to be tied with Milan name and ADP is no exception over here he might win the Scudetto this season if he decides to part ways in January, and we might be able to award him with the CL next season just as we did with Rivaldo, and tried to do with Ronaldo.

Out of all clubs ItaliaJuve was the last I expected to give such an Italin icon this sort of treatment Crying or Very sad , even the wrongfully called "non Italian" club Inter respected an Italian legend and retired his number.

But again who are we to know what really happens, managements know best, and they might know a thing or two that we dont know and therefore acted accordingly.

Well done Keyzar boy.

PS all neutrals dont think all Juventus fans are classless, bad apples are every where. But I think NEW fans follow the lead of NEW managements, and from how ADP was treated we can all see how this management is. :coffee:

unfortunately for your lies, posts speak the truth, you've tried your hardest to be crointer's puppet incumbent for weeks now doing your possible best to troll Juve but alas, not a shock to me really, u and rosonero23 are still on the loose, but hey, even this is happening in Zainsville OH so why not:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/wild-animals-on-the-1205126.html

elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:57 pm

elmystique wrote:
baresi wrote:

Well done Keyzar boy.

unfortunately for your lies, posts speak the truth, you've tried your hardest to be crointer's puppet incumbent for weeks now doing your possible best to troll Juve but alas, not a shock to me really, u and rosonero23 are still on the loose, but hey, even this is happening in Zainsville OH so why not:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/wild-animals-on-the-1205126.html

I rest my case, how can the posts "speak the truth" yet I am trolling. Why dont you answer the questions instead of this childish name calling?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 pm

He should join Raul at Schalke :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor