Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero

+2
Patrick Bateman
ErPupone
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero Empty Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero

Post by ErPupone Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:50 am

Before starting, note the title. I'd like to say that the intention of this thread is not to compare the two players, nor to say which one is better. There's already enough useless threads for that type of stuff. This thread is to actually appreciate both these players.

Two players, two legends. In anticipation of their next clash this coming Monday, I'd like to create a thread especially for these two icons. These are not just ordinary players, they are symbols of their respective clubs. You think of Juve, you think of Del Piero. You think of Roma, you think of Totti. Simple as that.

Ahead of all their skill and technical ability, what comes first is their loyalty which can be matched by none. Francesco Totti, in short, denied moves to clubs such as Milan and Real Madrid because the one thing he wanted to do was to fight for his boyhood club, for his city. The offers were there, but he put his heart ahead of his wallet, something that we don't often see these days. His passion and determination to defend his city's colors are nothing short of admirable. The same can be said for Alex Del Piero; while many players started packing their bags after Calciopoli, Del Piero had no doubts that his heart remained in Turin. He went down to Serie B with his club and fought to bring them back to their expected standards, another great example of loyalty and passion. He may very well be moving on at the end of this season, that in reality remains to be seen, but his actions will always be remembered by Juventini everywhere.

As for their skills, there's no need to go into detail here. It's just plain obvious that these two are amongst the two best footballers of the past two decades.

Rivals on the pitch, with Roma and Juventus being one of the most heated rivalries in Italy. Friends off the pitch, with none of them ever shying away from complimenting the other.

"Alex … what an opponent! What a player! What a person!. A real symbol, a champion who gave trophies to the Juventus fans, he loves that shirt and gives lots of back pain to opposing goalkeepers. Alessa, I think the older I become the more scared I am of facing you on the field. You are one of the best in the game, I admire you and respect you." - Francesco Totti

"Above all on the eve of a match like this one, when on the other side, wearing a captain band on his arm, there’s a player like Francesco Totti. If we put together our goals scored, it's over 500. If we sum up the years of career, wearing the same shirt – it comes up to 35. Francesco and I were team-mates in the national team, and I want to stress, team-mates and not rivals. We won the World Cup together and those memories unite us forever. We have a great relationship with plenty of admiration on both sides." - Alessandro Del Piero

The long debates are useless. These two legends have always respected each other and we as fans should do the same. These two are perfect examples for youngsters everywhere, as they always put their heart, passion and drive to defend their respective jerseys ahead of everything else. I, on behalf of Roma and Juventus supporters, as well as those enjoy the true values of football, say "Grazie!"

Now, for your enjoyment...

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero Empty Re: Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Great post Mike Thumbs up

Also great video..Totti's flicks.. :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero Empty Re: Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Finally, Mike this is what I've been saying for a while now in these type of thread comparing both players and who was better, if you recall or not. I always favored both players, granted I love Del Piero more, but that is just me being a fan of Juve, all in all these are two Italian iconic legends, players who have done thier part in history with Roma and Juve.

All those posters who said none sense towards Totti, can't see through all the BS, and actually what Totti has done in his career to be as good as he is.

+1
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:09 pm

I do see through all of that BS, and there's just more BS.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm

zarola wrote:I do see through all of that BS, and there's just more BS.

Coming from you, it's no surprise. How on earth can you be an Azzurri fan and yet claim such nonesense like this. :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:23 pm

I think this thread is in the wrong section, this isnt one of those pointless argumentative threads. I would put this in Gen Sec and Serie A section.

Nice post dude.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:20 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Finally, Mike this is what I've been saying for a while now in these type of thread comparing both players and who was better, if you recall or not. I always favored both players, granted I love Del Piero more, but that is just me being a fan of Juve, all in all these are two Italian iconic legends, players who have done thier part in history with Roma and Juve.

All those posters who said none sense towards Totti, can't see through all the BS, and actually what Totti has done in his career to be as good as he is.

+1

Very true.

The_ItalianFool wrote:I think this thread is in the wrong section, this isnt one of those pointless argumentative threads. I would put this in Gen Sec and Serie A section.

Nice post dude.

Thanks man, I could've written a lot more but I wanted to keep it an easy read.

And I know it's not really in the right section, but if I would've posted this in the general section, it would've either been moved here or buried under the classico threads of Mourinho, Guardiola and Ronaldo flopping.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:44 pm

hahaha Ronaldo flopping, he missed two glorious freekicks, and that header LOL
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 pm

Balotelli says hi..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:32 am

The Fonz wrote:

Balotelli says hi..

I know right?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:14 am

If anyone was watching the game from Canada, The Score had a pretty good opening segment on Totti and Del Piero. I liked it, the basic idea was "Totti vs. Del Piero, who was better? No one knows... No one cares. They're just both too good". They got the idea lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:47 pm

The score did a segment? Damn, I watched the game on RAI.. going to have to try and find it some time.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Luca wrote:The score did a segment? Damn, I watched the game on RAI.. going to have to try and find it some time.

A quick video before the match. I'll try to put it up, not sure if I'll be able to though.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:31 am

The Score? What a joke network in showing the games. Bring it back to TLN a real Italian channel... well some what
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:43 am

I love the Score but Sharman and Jack really don't know serie a as well as they know the premier league, makes sense because they are both English.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 am

tln sucks they don't even have it in HD. and they don't even have halftime commentary or anything like that. I like the score, can't complain about it.

and sciacca.... there's a ridiculous amount of Italians who either like adp or totti.... not both. I don't know what Italians u talk to but it definitely isn't uncommon to only like one and not the other.

Nevertheless that was a great game by totti, even a great penalty as well... just a superb save. He really made a big difference for Roma.

and don't ever compare totti to Balotelli. Totti unleashes anger in childish ways by spitting hitting and whining. Balotelli is a boss and will laugh his head off at things that don't go his way and only gets frustrated with himself... no one else., I like his philosophy on life and his style of play (as long as he reduces his diving)

just because u don't like someone on ur team doesn't mean ur not a true supporter .... there's a small amount of other Italians I don't like as well.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:01 am

Dunno, but the Italians I talk to are the ones in Italy and in Montreal, majority see it that way.

Mike for example is from Montreal, and yet his posts shows what a majority think of it here.

And Balotelli throws Darts and Kong Fu's someone to unleash his anger.... Bro their the same :coffee:

I don't like Pepe and Giaccherini, those are reasonable people. You hating Marchisio(in the past) and now Totti is just your Interista bias.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:14 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:The Score? What a joke network in showing the games. Bring it back to TLN a real Italian channel... well some what

TLN is worst, no credibility, no halftime or fulltime discussions. The Score at least has some credibility, but as Luca said they do know a lot more about the EPL.

zarola wrote:tln sucks they don't even have it in HD. and they don't even have halftime commentary or anything like that. I like the score, can't complain about it.

and sciacca.... there's a ridiculous amount of Italians who either like adp or totti.... not both. I don't know what Italians u talk to but it definitely isn't uncommon to only like one and not the other.

Nevertheless that was a great game by totti, even a great penalty as well... just a superb save. He really made a big difference for Roma.

and don't ever compare totti to Balotelli. Totti unleashes anger in childish ways by spitting hitting and whining. Balotelli is a boss and will laugh his head off at things that don't go his way and only gets frustrated with himself... no one else., I like his philosophy on life and his style of play (as long as he reduces his diving)

just because u don't like someone on ur team doesn't mean ur not a true supporter .... there's a small amount of other Italians I don't like as well.

Impossible to find Serie A in HD here, unfortunately.

But don't even try to make Totti seem worse than Ballotelli. Ballotelli does not even come close, especially in terms of passion and loyalty. You could spin it anyway possible, but Ballotelli is way, way worse, no discussion about it.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:15 am

People dislike Balotelli and Totti for similar reasons- their arrogance and I think they are both players that you either love or hate

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Dunno, but the Italians I talk to are the ones in Italy and in Montreal, majority see it that way.

Mike for example is from Montreal, and yet his posts shows what a majority think of it here.

And Balotelli throws Darts and Kong Fu's someone to unleash his anger.... Bro their the same :coffee:

I don't like Pepe and Giaccherini, those are reasonable people. You hating Marchisio(in the past) and now Totti is just your Interista bias.

A lot of people here, though, don't know anything about Serie A past or present. They'll just pick a team like Milan and like them just because of their popularity (no offense to their true fans, but it is a common occurrence in North America). Then there's a lot who like their team and dislike and disrespect other players. You get a lot of Juve fans who hate Totti, a lot of Inter fans who hate Gattuso, etc. But I see no problem in respecting someone who has given so much to the football world as Totti and Del Piero have, even if I support another team.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:21 am

A majority? I could say that, however they still know the importance that Del Piero and Totti have.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:22 am

Put me on TLN then :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:23 am

Antonio and JNC to do pre and post game discussions on TLN, only to be taken away by Federal agents during their third match in charge

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:25 am

Luca wrote:People dislike Balotelli and Totti for similar reasons- their arrogance and I think they are both players that you either love or hate

But there's a difference, a huge difference, between the two. Ballotelli has nothing to be arrogant about, he's a teenager who has accomplished nothing and acts like a child. Totti on the other hand may appear arrogant, but that stems from his desire to defend his shirt and city at all costs. And he actually contributes more to good causes than most other players, so all this talk of him thinking only about himself is pure rubbish.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:27 am

Luca wrote:Antonio and JNC to do pre and post game discussions on TLN, only to be taken away by Federal agents during their third match in charge

Me and WigglesWorth would be amazing. Him with his historical and wide range of knowledge.
My critizsmes and pessimistic opinions.
Nick for his Pride.
You for your Intelliegnace
And Mike knowing almost everyone about Italian football.

:lucas:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum