Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.

+6
Luca
Cassius
McAgger
fatman123
Mr. Moratti
The_ItalianFool
10 posters

Go down

Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.  Empty Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 pm

If anyone knows anything about La Nazionale, one should know this: A successful Juve leads to a successful Italy. The 2006 Azzurri squad that went on to win the World Cup boasted 6 Juventus players (Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoransi, Del Piero,and Iaquinta). 4 out of these 6 were regulars in the tournament, with Del Piero and Iaquinta playing squad roles rather than starting. Even dating back to our first 3 world cup triumphs, the Ital-Juve connection has been proven strong. From wikipedia, “Juventus have contributed numerous players to Italy's World Cup campaigns. These successful periods principally have coincided with two golden ages (known as Il Quinquennio d’Oro (The Golden Quinquennium)), from 1931 until 1935, and Il Ciclo Leggendario (The Legendary Cycle), from 1972 to 1986.” For further reading, check out this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus_F.C._and_the_Italian_national_football_team).

Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.  1_Ital-Juve

After a disappointing several years since the 2006 World Cup, the Azzurri resurgence has begun, culminating at the Euro 2012 where Italy made it to the final’s to face current reigning World Champions Spain. It is no mere coincidence that Italy’s form happens to coincide with Juventus’ unbeaten season that led to Juventus re-securing the number 1 spot in Italy. Juventus have formulated the framework for Cesare Prandelli and Azzurri. The spine of Italy can literally be taken out of the Juventus defense and midfield and transferred to the international stage.

Juventus currently have arguably the best defensive unit in the world, accompanied by arguably the best keeper in the word behind them, Gigi Buffon. As well as the backline that has seen Juventus run unbeaten since the beginning of LAST season in league competition, Juventus also possess arguably the best midfield trio in the world, directed by the best central midfielder in the world, Andrea Pirlo. Not to mention the lively Sebastian Giovinco in attack.

Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.  Juventus-Campioni-d-Italia-2012-wallpapers-juventus-30847189-1280-800

Although some may not agree with my assessment of Juventus’ backline and midfield, let’s look at the facts. Buffon- enough said. Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini have formed what I would call the modern defensive line. A watertight 3 when under pressure, the Juventus contingent have gelled together to be comfortable in possession, cool under pressure, and most importantly, they are effective. All Prandelli must to is to ask these guys to continue what they are doing.

The Juventus midfield can also be mirrored in the Italian National side. At Juventus, Pirlo has found his best form again. Some claim that Pirlo deserved the Golden Ball for his string pulling at Juventus and Italy. A huge part of his resurgence is due to his environment. He was placed in the middle of a hungry side, accompanied by Marchisio(the box-to-box player) and Vidal(the unpredictable destroyer). These players compliment eachother immensily, and this can be replicated at the National level simply by inserted DDR(De Rossi) into Vidal’s position.

Here is what Prandelli can inherit from Juventus:

Buffon
Barzagli-Bonnucci-Chiellini
(DDR)-Pirlo-Marchisio
Giovinco

After these 7 players are worth starters for La Nazionale, and Prandelli also has further options from Juventus. Although Matri’s form has been off lately, not many will forget his shining moments from last season. Quagliarella is beginning to net goals again as well, so Prandelli might have to consider one, or even both, of these 2 as bench players.

Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.  Calcioitaliano

Even if Juventus do not end up winning any silverware, nobody can deny the quality football that is being displayed at Juventus. All Prandelli needs to do is bring in the Juventus foundation into Italy and top it off the vast selections of Italians to fill in the other 4 or so starting spots. Not only can Juventus transfer their players to the Italian National scene, they must ALSO bring their mentality- the never say die attitude that has seen Juventus back to the top.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.  Empty Re: Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.

Post by Mr. Moratti Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:56 am

It was a Inter player who won Italy the world cup in 2006... don't ever forget it!

Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.  71403914_crop_650x440
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.  Empty Re: Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.

Post by fatman123 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 am

please, it was a Palermo player who dived to beat Australia :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:42 am

fatman123 wrote:please, it was a Palermo player who dived to beat Australia :coffee:
That Palermo player actually signed for Inter 3 days before the WC final and scored the winning penalty. So in a way it was the Inter player that won Italy the WC.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
fatman123 wrote:please, it was a Palermo player who dived to beat Australia :coffee:
That Palermo player actually signed for Inter 3 days before the WC final and scored the winning penalty. So in a way it was the Inter player that won Italy the WC.

if he signed for Inter just before the final then when he dived he was still officially a Palermo player
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:54 am

Inter :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:19 am

This forum is shocking at times. Piece of shit threads get more attention and taken more seriously then well thought out articles written by the forums own members Laughing absolute joke.

Great analysis Italian_fool.

added criteria to this is when Juve found themselves again Italy got to a final of a major tournament. It may just be a co-incidence but Pirlo was instrumentle in getting italia to the final and probably wouldnt have found his form and added confidence without signing for Juve.

Chiellini wasnt so impressive in the EURO but can be forgiven for his clear injuries. IMO if Marchisio keeps improving at the rapid rate he has and Pirlo can keep his wonderful form up for Brazil 2014 with the rest of the Juve players in the squad (Buffon, Bonucci and Chiello mainly) I see Italy being a main contender for the WC, especially with added Non-Juve talents of Balo and hopefully some starlets coming through.

And whats all this Inter player won the WC for italy? Laughing If you put it that way it was also a Roma player that won Italy the WC, Totti scoring the penalty ofcourse.

Just adding my 2cents but i honestly feel Buffon was outstanding in 06 and doesnt get enough credit compared to the outfield players. Wouldnt have even come close to getting to the final without him.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:19 am

Mr. Moratti wrote:It was a Inter player who won Italy the world cup in 2006... don't ever forget it!

Juventus Contingent to Push Azzurri Far.  71403914_crop_650x440

Laughing

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:47 am

Good thread , sh.i.t posts

everyone just want to troll ahaha Very Happy
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:01 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you guys can hate on Ranocchia all you want, he's yet to put in a bad game for Italy and he's always been better than Chiellini FOR ITALY.

Barzagli has been pissing me off lately.
Giovinco is nothing special..
Bonucci is far from top Italian CB quality. His mistakes have arisen far too much, if this were any other generation of Italy he wouldn't even be given a chance to come back on the national team.
Giaccherini is an utter disgrace and the fact that he keeps getting recalled astonishes me.
Chiellini is replaceable.

Italy has an astonishing future in Ranocchia, Ogbonna, Poli, Criscito, Santon, Balotelli, Insigne, El Shaarawy, Verratti, Borini, Destro, De Sceglio, Longo and none of those are on Juventus.
Italy has an astonishing present in Pirlo, Marchisio (on his good days), Buffon, Cassano, and De Rossi.

What's really lacking is that solid defensive line Italians are known for. I think it's about time we scrap that Juventus back 3. I can honestly say I'd feel more comfortable with Ogbonna and Ranocchia back there than I would with Chiellini and Bonucci.
I'm not going to comment on Barzagli because it's just been lately he's been pissing me off, I normally praise the hell out of the man.

Call ups like Gilardino, Giaccherini, Maggio, Balzaretti, De Sanctis, need to be completely removed.... erased. We have the players to replace these, of equal quality and younger age, there's no reason to have these players.

My point being after all this ranting, yes Juve has always provided a lot of quality for Italy, but I'm afraid minus those big three key irreplaceable players, Juventus is just like any other Italian team in terms of adding quality to Italy's squad. It's not like it used to be. The quality is spread amongst various top teams, even in various countries nowadays.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:19 am

Rannochia has been so on fire this start of the season, i don't really care too much for Azurri, but at the moment he can take one starting spot there.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Anyone else think Sebastian Giovinco doesn't look the part for Italy like he does for Juventus?

Hasn't convinced me thus far.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Bénin wrote:Good thread , sh.i.t posts

everyone just want to troll ahaha Very Happy

how were my comments troll?
Italy beat Australia 1-0 off a penalty which came from an 80-something minute dive-this was a massive help in them winning the WC as prior to that dive there was no garuntee theyd beat Australia
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:21 pm

McLewis wrote:Anyone else think Sebastian Giovinco doesn't look the part for Italy like he does for Juventus?

Hasn't convinced me thus far.

Im gonna agree here. That's why I didnt put a big case up for him.... I guess im still waiting/hoping for him to explode on the international level.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks Cassius_Case, and nice post Zarola. Gives a good perspective on the selection options Prandelli has on his hands.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down