New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.

+2
pasquale22
The_ItalianFool
6 posters

Go down

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  Empty New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:14 pm

The start of a new era could well be on the horizon for Italian football. After the whole Calciopoli scandal, Italian football was left "in ruins". After 20 years of dominance, our league was supposedly done and dusted.

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  Marcello_Lippi_Italy_coach_after_loss_to_Slovakia

The last 5 or 6 years has been tough for the Italian league, especially for Juventus; a tarnished image loomed over both. Amidst it's crisis, Serie A and Italy would still claim 2 UEFA Champions League titles and a World Cup title. However, when compared to the 80s and 90s, Italian squads have not been as frequent in the semi-finals and finals of the tournament.

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  Blogimg_177_717-20090131233629729321

In 2006 the Calciopoli scandal would rock Italian football, destroying Juventus' and Italy's image and foundation. The Italian national may have used this for drive to win the 2006 World Cup, but it's club counterpart did not cope as well; Juventus were relegated and lost many of their star players. The Italian league's image was hurt, leading to it's attendance and revenue dropping.

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  Moggi

The 2010 World Cup proved that Calcio needed to be renovated both for the Azzurri and the Bianconero along with Serie A. Relatively young and ambitious Cesare Prandelli took charge of the Italian national team with just enough experience and drive to build a new foundation for Italian football. Unlike Lippi, Prandelli has no favorites or grudges against players (save favoring Montolivo at the moment), therefore giving chances to every player and picking who deserves it the most. Prandelli has been calling up a range of players in order to explore options and think about the upcoming tournament (Euro '12).

Likewise for Juventus, the management realized change was needed. We decided to fold our 'brazilian cards' and part ways with Diego, Melo, and soon Amauri. Juventus looked to their past and decided to bring back Antonio Conte to the helm. Everything Conte lacks in the trophy and experience departments, he makes up with drive and ambition. He has brought back the Juventus Spirit to the club. Our players have grit and determination, and they are fighting for the team. Similar to Prandelli, Conte is giving chances to every player, and is thinking into the future at the same time. He is utilizing Pepe and Giaccherini while developing Elia and Estigarriba for later in the season. Juventus have also started a movement for Italian clubs to build and own their own state of the art stadiums. This will improve attendances, revenue, and popularity of the league.

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  3047075388_386996efc9_o

As the dust begins to clear, Serie A and Italian football are beginning to rise again. The Italian national team is building a foundation to compete in the Euro 12 and WC 14, while Juventus continue to lead the Serie A table with a hungry and talented squad. Soon enough the financial fair play rules will be in effect, and Serie A will be on par with the rich EPL and flourishing La Liga. It may be too early to tell, but I think the signs are pointing in the right direction.

New coaches, New directions; Renewed ambition, Renewed determination; Juve and Azzurri are on the way back.

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  World_Cup_Trophy_Hat New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  Scudetto
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  Empty Re: New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.

Post by pasquale22 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Forgot his favoritism to gilardino and pazzini as well. Both there scoring records for la nazionale are ridiculously bad yet they play ahead of Matri

Esti deserves to play ahead of krasic, even Elia. I said weeks ago krasic was Falling and I got alot of critiscm. Look at him now? Krasic is falling faster than the titanic.

Italian football needs juve at the top!!!!!! Forza juve! ITALJUVE forever
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.  Empty Re: New Juve, New Azzurri; New era of Calcio.

Post by Luca Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:35 pm

pasquale22 wrote:Forgot his favoritism to gilardino and pazzini as well. Both there scoring records for la nazionale are ridiculously bad yet they play ahead of Matri

Esti deserves to play ahead of krasic, even Elia. I said weeks ago krasic was Falling and I got alot of critiscm. Look at him now? Krasic is falling faster than the titanic.

Italian football needs juve at the top!!!!!! Forza juve! ITALJUVE forever

You received criticism because Krasic has just returned from injury so a drop in form is absolutely natural.
He was horrid against Milan but already bounced back with a good performance against Italy for Serbia.
He still remains the best winger, by quite a margin, on Juventus.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:39 pm

I would have to disagree, he's been woeful for 10months and pepe's form has been better this year so far. Krasic hasn't contributed at all. People only like to defend him because they know how good he can be . I know as well but the fact is right now he's finding it hard to adjust to a Diffrent style , he's extremely pretictable and low on confidence. He needs a rejuvenation if he's gonna succeed. We need him back but right now I see 3 players ahead of him
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:44 pm

pasquale22 wrote:I would have to disagree, he's been woeful for 10months and pepe's form has been better this year so far. Krasic hasn't contributed at all. People only like to defend him because they know how good he can be . I know as well but the fact is right now he's finding it hard to adjust to a Diffrent style , he's extremely pretictable and low on confidence. He needs a rejuvenation if he's gonna succeed. We need him back but right now I see 3 players ahead of him

How can you say that Krasic is extremely predictable yet praise Pepe in the same post... that is what I don't understand.
Pepe offers absolutely nothing going forward.
Thats a little harsh on Krasic considering how bad Juventus as a whole were from January on but so be it you are right.
Damn right though, we've seen how good he can be, it isn't deniable.

I want to see all the wingers play before I pass judgement.
Giacch has been the best winger so far and that isn't saying much.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Pepe deserves more credit Than that. If he's so bad why does conte start him? His crosses have been alot more effective than krasic, at least he doesn't run the ball out 8 times a game lol. I'm glad u like giacc as well, people who don't like him have no clue. He was brought in to be a sub, not a starter who has 2 goals and 3 assists a game . He has played his role perfectly so far and he's improving with every passing game. Giacc is already a star in my eyes considering how far he's come with all the career threatening injuries and the fact he was playing serie c 2 years ago.
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:41 pm

ItalJuve forever will live, Pride for ItalJuve.

Six Juventus players dominated once again the national team.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:05 pm

pasquale22 wrote:Pepe deserves more credit Than that. If he's so bad why does conte start him? His crosses have been alot more effective than krasic, at least he doesn't run the ball out 8 times a game lol. I'm glad u like giacc as well, people who don't like him have no clue. He was brought in to be a sub, not a starter who has 2 goals and 3 assists a game . He has played his role perfectly so far and he's improving with every passing game. Giacc is already a star in my eyes considering how far he's come with all the career threatening injuries and the fact he was playing serie c 2 years ago.

Pepe hasn't played one cross in that I remember.
Pepe offers nothing going forward... he is the most conservative winger to ever play, he just back tracks and plays the ball backwards.\
Conte has also started Krasic, so that point is null.
Giacch has been the best crosser, the best definition of a winger for Juventus so far.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Luca wrote:
pasquale22 wrote:I would have to disagree, he's been woeful for 10months and pepe's form has been better this year so far. Krasic hasn't contributed at all. People only like to defend him because they know how good he can be . I know as well but the fact is right now he's finding it hard to adjust to a Diffrent style , he's extremely pretictable and low on confidence. He needs a rejuvenation if he's gonna succeed. We need him back but right now I see 3 players ahead of him

How can you say that Krasic is extremely predictable yet praise Pepe in the same post... that is what I don't understand.
Thats a little harsh on Krasic considering how bad Juventus as a whole were from January on but so be it you are right.

IMHO Krasic is our best winger but can't deny that he's so predictable.He always tries to pass defenders by overrunning them from the right side.mostly the same way every time. however I have to reiterate that he's still our best winger generally.ofcourse he's still not in form due to his return of injury...
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:57 pm

MMM wrote:
Luca wrote:

IMHO Krasic is our best winger but can't deny that he's so predictable.He always tries to pass defenders by overrunning them from the right side.mostly the same way every time. however I have to reiterate that he's still our best winger generally.ofcourse he's still not in form due to his return of injury...

speed kills though, I do agree but I don't see it being a problem, he literally can run over a defender when he is on his day.
Krasic is everything you want in a winger, Pepe is everything you want in a soldier.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:18 pm

How do u guys always do that?
This thread is about the recent past of football in Italy...
How do you guys manage to turn it around on Krasic Vs Pepe each time?
Anyhow...Pepe & Krasic is equal on goals so far in the season...
Krasic saved us vs Catania, Pepe is a hard worker who proves his haters wrong each match...
Can't we just leave it at that?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Cotes wrote:How do u guys always do that?
This thread is about the recent past of football in Italy...
How do you guys manage to turn it around on Krasic Vs Pepe each time?
Anyhow...Pepe & Krasic is equal on goals so far in the season...
Krasic saved us vs Catania, Pepe is a hard worker who proves his haters wrong each match...
Can't we just leave it at that?

If that is how people structured their arguments and the statements they made there would never be a discussion to begin with
I just fail to see how you can attack Krasic for being "predictable" but praise Pepe, who is equally predictable in his play if not more predictable, he certainly isn't the risk taker for example.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:33 pm

Luca wrote:
MMM wrote:
Luca wrote:

speed kills though, I do agree but I don't see it being a problem, he literally can run over a defender when he is on his day.
Krasic is everything you want in a winger, Pepe is everything you want in a soldier.

I never meant to compare krasic to pepe. pepe is out of his league...
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm sorry luca but I completely disagree Here. Let's not debate for days though, agree to disagree . I think we can both agree that on there day krasic
Is the best winger at the club but right now he's far from it
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down