1990s Onwards Best Asian Team

Go down

1990s Onwards Best Asian Team Empty 1990s Onwards Best Asian Team

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:37 am

Well, it's up and running for South America and Europe. so may as well do one for Asia, since half of this forum are from Asian continent. I wouldn't fool myself saying All-Time Asian team, because I frankly don't think anyone here knows about North Korea's team in 60s, and then. it'll be much more realistic to do it for the past 25 years.

My team:

GK:
Mohamed Al-Deaya (KSA)- 178 national caps, winner of Asian Cup of Nations, played in many World Cups, has one of the highest win/game ratio in International level

FullBacks:
Mehdi Mahdavikia (Iran)- A key member of Hamburg SV from 1999-2007 when the team was very good. Notably their CL campaign in 2000, and the game vs Juventus when Mahdavikia was MOTM with 1 goal and 2 assists. One of the most loved players in Hamburg, who got invited to club's 100 year anniversary last week where only legends of the club gathered. One of the most successful Asian players in Europe ever.

Lee Yong Pyo (South Korea)- A very under-rated fullback at his prime. You don't get to play for PSV, Spurs, and Dortmund by not being talented. He was very important in PSV's CL run in 2005, and they were very unlucky not to reach the final. Alongside Park and Woon Jae, he'll go down as one of the best Korean players of all time who was also very good in World Cup 2002.

Centrebacks:
Masami Ihara (Japan)- Captain of Japan national team during the 90s, and one of the main culprits of Japan's NT success which all started in late 90s. His leadership skills were absolutely immense.

Kim Nam Il (South Korea)- He is actually a DM, but I think we'll need his ball playing skills as Asia has never produced world class centre backs who are comfortable with the ball. Il has over 96 caps for Korea, was a main part of their 2002 success, and is very highly regarded in Korea.

Midfielders:
Hidetoshi Nakata (Japan)- Absolute genius at his prime. a pearl of a player for Roma and Parma. An absolute joy to watch. Anyone who's seen this lad play live, knows what I mean.

Park Ji Sung (South Korea)- Undoubtedly the most successful Asian player of all time. Who started 2 CL finals, won multiple PL medals, and was very good at PSV as well. I'll actually play him in CM, because of my proposed 4-3-1-2 formation

Shunsuke Nakamura (Japan)- One of the best set piece takers of all time. He had more NT success than club success, but he was very good for both Regina and Celtic despite his underwhelming time in Espanyol. He plays football so effortlessly. He is so natural, so nice to watch. Massive shame that Asian Cup 2004 was really the only time we got him and Nakata to be on the same team

Ali Karimi (Iran)- Undoubtedly one of the most talented and best dribblers Asian has ever seen. Nicknamed the "Asian Maradona", Karimi's peak came from 2002 to 2006 (before his injury just before the world cup), when he was simply outstanding. His hattrick against South Korea in 2004, and his overall performances in that tournament remain in people's minds. It's a shame he lacked the hard work to add to his talent, or he could have achieved a lot more. Made bad career choices as well.

Strikers
Ali Daei (Iran)- 109 NT goals in 149 caps. 'Nuff said. Played CL at highest level as well which includes scoring a brace against Chelsea and Dessally at the time, in addition to nutmegging the legendary Paolo Maldini before scoring for Hertha Berlin against AC Milan. Was very unlucky not to play at Camp Nou in CL final 1999 where Hitzfeld opted to send on Janker instead of him.

Sami Al-Jaber (KSA)- One club man who has the second highest caps in Saudi Arabia's history. The first Asian player in score in 2 consecutive world cups, and he competed in 4 different world cups, scoring in 3 of them (Including 2006).

--------------------------------------Al-Deaya---------------------------------
Mahdavikia------------Ihara----------------------Kim Nam Il---------Lee Yong Pyo

------------------Park Ji Sung---------Nakata--------Nakamura-----------------

---------------------------------------Karimi-----------------------------------

--------------------------Daei--------------------Al-Jaber---------------------

Back to top Go down

1990s Onwards Best Asian Team Empty Re: 1990s Onwards Best Asian Team

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:45 am

Al Deayea
Kim Joo-Sung - Popovic - Bagheri
Mirjalol Qosimov - Hidetoshi Nakata
Harry Kewell - Majed Abdullah
Lee Wai Tong - Ali Daei - Alcantara

My knowledge on Asian players is pretty poor though haha

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:45 am

i dont know much about Asian football, but surely Tim Cahil would get a run, he carried the socceroos for a long time, Honda is worth a shout too

and no Harry Kewell in the OP is :facepalm: worthy
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 am

Australia wasn't part of Asia's football until 6 years ago, and hence their exclusion from my OP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down