kiranr
urbaNRoots
McAgger
Kick
Gil
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Cech finally back to his 04-07 form? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Cech finally back to his 04-07 form?

Post by Gil Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:35 am

Kizu wrote:Saying that he is better than Iker is stupid. On form Iker is on another level from all the GK's.

Iker is all hype & has had the fortune of consistently playing with stacked teams for both club & country for the best part of a decade now.

Get over it already.

"He's on another level from all GK's" yet Courtois kept more clean sheets than him last year. Laughing

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is Cech finally back to his 04-07 form? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Cech finally back to his 04-07 form?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 am

Gil using stats Laughing the same Gil that bags on stat padders and said " i hate this forum" when people refer to Whoscored rofl

:bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:43 am

Gil wrote:
Kizu wrote:Saying that he is better than Iker is stupid. On form Iker is on another level from all the GK's.

Iker is all hype & has had the fortune of consistently playing with stacked teams for both club & country for the best part of a decade now.

Get over it already.

"He's on another level from all GK's" yet Courtois kept more clean sheets than him last year. Laughing

Most of the goals he concedeed were from set-pieces, where the defenders made mistakes. No keeper in history was as vital as Casillas for his team.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 am

Come on Gil we know you don't rate Casillas but saying he is all hype is idiotic.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 am

Kizu wrote:
Gil wrote:

Get over it already.

Most of the goals he concedeed were from set-pieces, where the defenders made mistakes. No keeper in history was as vital as Casillas for his team.

You're conceding from set pieces because Iker isn't as commanding in the air as he once was in his prime.

He's lost the insane athleticism he once had in his prime & because he's relatively short for a GK he can no longer dominate his area these days.

He's probably still Top 5 in the World when it comes to reflex saves and one on one's (constantly getting owned by Missi slightly makes me think otherwise) but someone so poor on crosses, distribution, long shots & has become increasingly error-prone these days can't be the best GK in the World in my humble opinion.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 am

Gil wrote:
Kizu wrote:
Gil wrote:

Get over it already.

You're conceding from set pieces because Iker isn't as commanding in the air as he once was in his prime.

He's lost the insane athleticism he once had in his prime & because he's relatively short for a GK he can no longer dominate his area these days.

He's probably still Top 5 in the World when it comes to reflex saves and one on one's (constantly getting owned by Missi slightly makes me think otherwise) but someone so poor on crosses, distribution, long shots & has become increasingly error-prone these days can't be the best GK in the World in my humble opinion.

2011-12 was his best season ever and you say that he is past his prime ? he is better than ever.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am

youre asking if he is back to the form he had in between a stretch of 3-4 years and youre only examining a few months, excluding euros as well?

if you do that you can make a case for any player being in excellent form.

so it sounds premature to me, how about we wait til at least halfway through the season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Kizu wrote:
Gil wrote:

Get over it already.

No keeper is as vital eh? Remember the Chelsea defense and the saves made last season in CL.. yea.. thats quite vital for me. No Cech = No CL!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Kizu wrote:
Gil wrote:
Kizu wrote:
Gil wrote:

Get over it already.

2011-12 was his best season ever and you say that he is past his prime ? he is better than ever.

No it wasn't. Laughing Laughing Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Lets see how he does after this thread.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:44 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Kizu wrote:
Gil wrote:

Get over it already.

No keeper is as vital eh? Remember the Chelsea defense and the saves made last season in CL.. yea.. thats quite vital for me. No Cech = No CL!

No Iker no 2002 UCL, no WC 2010, no EUROs, no Copa del Rey, no La Liga's
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:46 pm

iker had a mind blowing 2011-12 was the best keeper around for many. ?

a product of media? lmfao

and our defenses and our defensive philosophy has always been shoddy , iker has had to save our shit defenses for countless years till mou came along and even then our defenders are very impulsive and error prone, so dont use that arguement .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Kizu wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Kizu wrote:
Gil wrote:

Get over it already.

No Iker no 2002 UCL, no WC 2010, no EUROs, no Copa del Rey, no La Liga's

Well for me, Iker was at his most effective during 2006ish when Madrid was doing quite badly. I remember him saving shot after shot against Liverpool , thats when i gained respect for Iker. I'm not saying that he is a bad keeper by any means I rate him at the top together with Cech n Buffon.

But these days apart from the Barca and CL match I dont really see him being that effective. Maybe Valencia n Atletico.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2