billy_gr
eelir
neuro11
The Franchise
BarcaKizz
38 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

EL CLASICO: FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: EL CLASICO: FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:55 am

Double pivot and Iniesta on the wing.....

Kill me now.

No disrespect, I just hate both of those things.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

EL CLASICO: FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: EL CLASICO: FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Post by eelir Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:32 am

I agree, but i still prefer him on the wing with a bit retracted role than having Alexis there.

Of course i am not saying it could work, but we probably need somthing new against RM. Especially with the defense we have right now.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:37 am

Why not play Villa? Poor Villa never starts now.

If Pique is not back, we either put Bartra in in the formation I had, or we have to go with our standard 433 and play Villa and Iniesta:

VV
Alves - Song - Mascherano - Adriano/Alba
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
Pedro- Messi - Villa

We can win with our magical diamond even with our defence current form IMO.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:49 am

both Alexis and Fabregas are in a good shape. I think Tito would start them. As much as I like your 11...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:52 am

Agree with Free.

Personally I would prefer Bartra, but it aint gonna happen.

Gonna post this again because its even more relevant now that Puyol is out. I updated it slightly. This is my take on the XI we should play.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1350878-an-early-look-at-barcelonas-potential-starting-xi-in-next-weeks-el-clasico
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Does Villa have 90 minutes in his legs? Or even close to it? Not much point starting him if you know he cant last, your handcuffing yourself into having just 2 tactical moves available.

Anyway, for me Cesc should start..maybe over Iniesta. He is more or less like a striker, if he gets on a scoring run it lasts a while. I think he has a goal in him for sure.

That being said, I want Iniesta to start and exclude notion of playing him on the flanks. So really its difficult to say whats best.

This game to me I am like, I want to see what Tito does and wont say what I think he should or should not do because there are many different ways he could play it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:52 pm

Thing is... I want to stretch them at the back... vertically and horizontally. Cesc or Iniesta won't do this. I'd personally go with Alexis, Villa or Tello and out of those three I have a clear favourite.

In my opinion looking at it like its removing one tactical option isn't necessary. Generally we take off the same players anyway and if we're going to reshuffle it would be Villa or Pedro coming off. If you look at our subs over the last 100 games, I'm gonna guess that in pretty much every game at least one of the forwards came off.

Pedro won't play rubbish and has good stamina... he'll be fine. Villa would probably be subbed at some point in this game anyway... coming off a leg break or not.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Were going to start Sanchez and Pedro, 60th-70th through sub both for Villa and Tello then bring in either Iniesta or Cesc whichever did not start.
Heard it here first!
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:07 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Thing is... I want to stretch them at the back... vertically and horizontally. Cesc or Iniesta won't do this. I'd personally go with Alexis, Villa or Tello and out of those three I have a clear favourite.

We saw how well that worked last season. Laughing

Putting Tello against Arbeola is a NO NO! Tello has been found out already, his kick and run will not work against the Madrid defender...

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Okay!, Tito needs to make the team do rondos for like 5 hours everyday until the classico.

Giving away cheap possession is gonna be our undoing on Sunday, I feel.

Messi has been losing possession cheaply of late. If he loses the ball and ronaldo scores from that mistake and does his la calma celebration, honestly, I think I will puke!!
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin245 Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 am

I really hope the formation goes like this

Valdes
Alves - Song - Mascherano - Alba
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Pedro - Messi - Alexis
Villa coming in for Alexis and adriano coming on for iniesta later in the game. Tello as the super sub

Kevin245
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:19 am

So is Pique definitely ruled out? Also if Sanchez is to play I don't think he should play on the wings, he'll be easy to handle. I think Villa should play LW with Pedro at RW, making diagonal runs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:37 am

Brady2Moss wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Thing is... I want to stretch them at the back... vertically and horizontally. Cesc or Iniesta won't do this. I'd personally go with Alexis, Villa or Tello and out of those three I have a clear favourite.

We saw how well that worked last season. Laughing

Putting Tello against Arbeola is a NO NO! Tello has been found out already, his kick and run will not work against the Madrid defender...

And yet he still could have scored 2 or 3 goals if he was a more clinical finisher... lol.

And he was stretching the play as well because he stays wide and works.

Arbeloa is a scrub...

That being said, I;d prefer Villa or Alexis, but Tello isnt a bad third choice by any means.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:42 am

Kevin245 wrote:I really hope the formation goes like this

Valdes
Alves - Song - Mascherano - Alba
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Pedro - Messi - Alexis
Villa coming in for Alexis and adriano coming on for iniesta later in the game. Tello as the super sub

Has Alba become our #1 LB? News to me... Adriano is still ahead of him and understands his defensive duties a lot better imo.

Yohan Modric wrote:So is Pique definitely ruled out? Also if Sanchez is to play I don't think he should play on the wings, he'll be easy to handle. I think Villa should play LW with Pedro at RW, making diagonal runs.

If he plays, he should play LW... no f***ing around putting him central... I want width. The inside forward allows him to make runs in behind anyway... Fullback and mid push into his space, Messi drops and Alexis comes central.

He might be better centrally, but that means shifting other players to accommodate him, which isnt best for the team. Id rather Messi play in his usual position.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:08 am

gondov wrote:
Messi has been losing possession cheaply of late. If he loses the ball and ronaldo scores from that mistake and does his la calma celebration, honestly, I think I will puke!!

Hahaha that is too funny. Do not worry, this is the game where Barca will assert its dominance over Madrid and remind them who's boss. Madrid has simply been taking advantage of some weaknesses in the Barca squad over the past months, but I think Tito's team is ready to make a push and show the country who dominates football in Spain. This is the perfect time for Barca to be back, and they'll smash Madrid 4-0.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:10 am

I say play Pique on pain-killers. He is a 25 year old ffs.

We have a 2 week international break after the classico + games vs celtic, deportivo , celta vigo. He can recover then. A 11 point lead is worth the risk imo.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:04 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:
gondov wrote:

Hahaha that is too funny. Do not worry, this is the game where Barca will assert its dominance over Madrid and remind them who's boss. Madrid has simply been taking advantage of some weaknesses in the Barca squad over the past months, but I think Tito's team is ready to make a push and show the country who dominates football in Spain. This is the perfect time for Barca to be back, and they'll smash Madrid 4-0.

With this defence? I think they'll at least score twice, but that's not to say we can't win it. It will be very close in my opinion.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 am

If I was Mourinho I would press Barça ultra high in the first half. That CB line is sure to choke under pressure and give away quite a few chances on a plate to Madrid's attackers. After 1-2 goals ease up the pressure and save breath for counter attacks.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:50 am

I would be pretty confident with a defense containing Puyol though with Song not so. Song is a tad faster than Puyol though has shown to be out of positioned alot. I have faith in him and hopefully he will rise to the occasion. I really can see Fabregas being played. Messi will be man marked for sure and will eventually come deeper and deeper. Hopefully this will allow Fabregas to make plenty of runs in place of Messi and hopefully he takes at least one of his chances. That being said, Iniesta is the key in the build of play. His passing, directness and movement on the ball is so much better than Cesc's. I can see Sanchez starting though if he does then he has to start on the left. He has played better on the left than on the right and Pedro has really caused trouble when he played at right winger against Marcelo/Coentrao. The fullbacks will have to be on their game no doubt. One needs to stay back in case of counter. The subsitutes in the second half will be the key imo.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:15 pm

With Puyol injured, we are in a big trouble.......a really biiiiiig trouble Sad
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 pm

MY LINEUP PREDICTIONS:

Valdes
Alves Pique Masche Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Pedro Messi Villa

Barcelona 3 - 1 Real Madrid

Mark My Words:)
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:36 pm

double post... !
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:57 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:
gondov wrote:

i like your optimism... but NO

OT: providing depth will be important for barcelona, Alba over adriano? i think he provides more of an attacking option!
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 am

I can see a really big upset. Don't underestimate Tito Vilanova. Im sure he has a way to defeat Madrid as much Mou does against us. The pressure is on him and he will produce the odds. He will work on the defense for sure.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:17 am

A Barca win over Madrid is never an upset Razz
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
The mind games continue
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next