billy_gr
eelir
neuro11
The Franchise
BarcaKizz
38 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

EL CLASICO: FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: EL CLASICO: FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:41 am

Montoya is taller and better aerially, and just a bit worse than Alves defending. If you go with a defensive team, you can play Montoya over Alves and it won't be very different. Plus, Alves needs an attention touch, he is sucking a lot lately and his game in Sevilla was very bad.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

EL CLASICO: FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid - Page 2 Empty Re: EL CLASICO: FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:45 am

It would be really interesting and I'd probably welcome a change just for the spectacle (as long as we get a result), but I'm kind of sceptical about us playing on the counter... Can the players even play that way?

Not sure I'd have complete confidence we'd be that good at sitting back and holding them out.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am

give me montoya gimme gimme !!!

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:48 am

Ninis wrote:give me montoya gimme gimme !!!

Montoya was probably our best player when he came on last time lol... No idea what you're on about.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:57 am

BarcaKizz wrote:It would be really interesting and I'd probably welcome a change just for the spectacle (as long as we get a result), but I'm kind of sceptical about us playing on the counter... Can the players even play that way?

Not sure I'd have complete confidence we'd be that good at sitting back and holding them out.

If we have Song+Busquets in midfield, two workorses like Pedro + Villa/Alexis in the flanks, and two stoppers like Mascherano and Puyol, we should be good enough.

Plus, it's possible that Madrid play with a midfield trio of Essien, Alonso and Khedira... in that case, we should have no problem in stopping them to be honest.

I'm not proposing to play park the bus like Mourinho or Chelsea, I'm just proposing to be a bit more conservative like we did in the CL final 2009 for instance.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:58 am

I dont think we can play defensively either. We dont have natural centerbacks who understand positioning and have concentration. I dont trust us to defend well in any case.

As for Alves, all our player were poor vs Sevilla...why would Alves be dropped?

Montoya is taller...but is he even better in the air, im not sure he is. Dani is the better defender and when asked to play defensively, he has proven many times he can do that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 am

In the catalan sites I visit most people agree that Alves was the worst player at Sevilla, and I agree too. He sucked. Why on earth does he pull his leg back to let Trochowski score? And where was he the rest of the game? Alba was terrible as well, but he at least made a couple of good crosses. Alves on the other hand can't cross to save his life lately.
Second game this season we sub Alves and we make a comeback... might mean something.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:04 am

He might of been the worse player, he didnt attack as normal and he was at fault for one goal. But its just one game.

We made a comeback because Cesc scored, it had nothing to do with the rightback position.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:07 am

And vs. Spartak? We sub him out, suddenly we create lot of danger on the wings, especially from the right wing.

He was the worst in one game, but he has been good in.... one-two games? Average, average season so far from Alves.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:14 am

I cant remember the exact tactical details of the Spartak game if im honest. What I do remember is in both games we played better with someone as a 9 and Messi deeper as we gambled...I think that was more note worthy than removing Alves. We went to a back 3 with both those subs, so its not like we took him off and the player coming in his place did a better job in his position.

Dani Alves hasnt been great..but minus Xavi, Pedro early, Pique, Adriano and Iniesta a little...who has been?

Either way, Montoya is not better than Alves at attacking or defending so I dont see the reasoning. If Montoya was indeed the better defensive player I could understand.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:18 am

My point is that Montoya is better at defending than Alves because of Alves' form and also that Alves needs an attention touch.

Pedro is still playing very very well each game. Although he hansn't scored, he now dribles and creates a lot of chances.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 am

what concerns me is even with a medical green light would Puyol be able to start and play properly in such a demanding game?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:26 am

Puyol's body might not be iron anymore, but his will is...he will play if he can, he might have to be forced off after 60 minutes with fatigue, injury or both but the old man will be ready if its physically possible. And I have faith he will do a damn well bettter job than Mascherano or Song.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:38 am

romantic as it may sound I tend to agree.
I just don't want to rush him and risk further injuries just to win this game.
anyway, it is about time Tito starts using Bartra (not in this game- i mean in general)
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:42 am

I dont want to do that either, but I think Puyol would. He did it before, came back from injury vs Madrid and had to come off after giving a brave performance.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 am

i know. pluss if we manage to win this game, the difference will rise to 11 which would be a great psychological boost for us and the opposite forr them
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:50 pm

I know it's risky but I want our captain out there to play, not only is he a better defense then Song but he is a leader Barcelona may need now.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Valdes
Montoya/Alves-Puyol-Masch-Alba
Xavi-Busi--Cesc
Alves/Pedro-Messi-Pedro/Villa

Must must win game.11 points after 7 games over Liga champions.Messi needs to have a great game.Even if he scores he needs to run his ass off and do some dribbles.Iniesta impact sub or he could start if fully fit.We need to exploit the middle as Madrid Centre-Backs leave holes in defence due to awful communication.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:19 am

Puyol must play even if coming back from injury.With him there I am confident we will win.Our defense improves considerably.
So Puyol must start along with Masch.So should the Don.
Its frustrating that over the past 10 or so Clasico's we have never played them with our best 11.Always 3,4 major players are missing.With our best 11 I am confident we can smoke them.
With Puyol and Iniesta,we will have close to our best 11.Only Pique will be missing.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am

Close to our best but, our best coming from injury Sad
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Bring back the old times for this game. Razz

Valdes
Alves Pyuol Mashcerano Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Pedro Messi Villa
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 am

Now that Mou's puyol voodoo doll has worked, whats your classico 11, presuming Pique wont make it?

--alexis-----messi-------pedro

-----iniesta--------xavi-----

----------busquets-----

Adriano-masch--song---montoya

Remember, they are the ones who have to take the game to us. If they start with a trivote, its all good, we'll just keep possession.

If they come all guns blazing from the start (unlikely since Mou is a well known pussy) , then alexis and pedro will catch them on the counter.

Montoya is great defensively imo and he has shown he can cope with ronaldo. If adriano and alexis deal with Di-maria, we'll be fine. Song is weak defensively but adds quality in our ability to keep the ball if they try and pressure us high up the field.

Mou will probably start;

-------higuian/benz----
-cr7---modr/oezil---dimaria--
-----Khedira---Alonso---
marc--pepe----ramos---arbeloa

Nothing new here. Madrid will come into this game confident, but if hey think we'll suck as much as we did at the Bernabeu in front of our fans, they couldnt be more wrong! The key is to tiki-taka them to even boring extents, our fans will understand. They, on the other hand, desperately need a win and we will frustrate them and choose when to hit 'em!!

Visca el barca Mad

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 am

why is pique doubtful? or oout?
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:32 am

PUYOL IS OUT AGAIN!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Probably we will play with song as a CB (although I really would prefer to play Bartra instead of Song!! I know that won't happen... But, Bartra is tall, great at keeping the ball / passing and his positioning is better than Song... He just needs experience (but, again Montoya did well against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu)... Vilanova should trust Bartra and give him his chance !!

We just have to play with Xavi Busquets and Iniesta (Keep the ball like always) to reduce the pressure on our defenders and try not to make miss passes...

Valdes
Alves Bartra Masche Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Pedro Messi Alexis

Villa, Cesc and Song in 2nd half.. *depending on the result*

Real Madrid will try to put pressure on us in the 1st 20-25 minutes like they did in the SSC 2nd leg.. If we can keep a clean sheet in the 1st 20-25 minutes, with Real Madrid trying to pressure and getting tired (with no goals and since all the pressure is on them *8 points*) They will get frustrated and make mistakes which we should get advantage of and score...

It's a very important match for us... I know its at Camp Nou against Madrid, but with 8 points difference (playing without Pique and Puyol), A draw is not bad... But, hopefully we will win and with +11 points we can play the rest of the Liga games with less pressure, plus we will have a better chance to compete in all of the 3 competitions this season...

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 am

Id play the first half a bit more defensive, meaning keeping the ball as much as possible and with low defensive line in the first half, probably with this line up:

-------------Valdes----------------
Alves--Bartra--Masche--Adriano
-------Busquets--Song-----------
Pedro-------Xavi--------Iniesta--
-------------Messi-----------------

Try to keep the result or "discreetly" go for score until half time and then change to attacking formation, Alexis or Vila in for Bartra and move Song to CB. If we are lossing by the 70th minute or loosing more than 2 goals - go crazy and risk it all with the 3-3-1-3 formation.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:55 am

Double pivot and Iniesta on the wing.....

Kill me now.

No disrespect, I just hate both of those things.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next