+4
fatman123
lszanto
iNFINITY9910
Shed
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea Empty UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:51 pm

UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mb4jwrcuUa1ruhh4yo1_1280

UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea Farumpark_front
Farum Park

UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mb4kpgf1ly1ruhh4yo1_500

Chelsea kick off the second match in their defense of old Big Ears this Tuesday evening in Denmark, against reigning Danish champions FC Nordsjælland at Farum Park.

CFC go into this match on the back of a massive away victory against London rivals and fellow Top 4 competitors Arsenal, and previously a 6-0 thumping of second-division Wolves in the Capital One Cup, and will doubtless be heading into this game brimming with confidence, having gone unbeaten in competitive competition since their victory away to Wigan at the start of the season, a run dating back 41 days and 8 matches.

Nordsjælland, having qualified directly to the group stages, will certainly be relishing a match against the reigning Champions of Europe.
I think it's safe to say that none of us know anything about them, so even attempting to speculate on and discuss their lineup, tactics, etc. is a waste of time.

As far as Chelsea's team selection is concerned, I'd expect JT to start, given his impending domestic ban. I think it's also a possibility we'll see Azpilicueta handed a start, given his impressive performance mid-week as well as the quality of the opposition. This might be the kind of game to give Iva a rest in and test out Azpi's skills at a higher level.

As for the midfield, I have a feeling Lamps will start, and I don't think it's out of the realm Romeu could either. Up front, with Sturridge still unfit as of right now, Torres will be forced to play yet another game, making this his 11th start in a row, most of which he's played the full 90 for.

Nordsjælland are with a doubt the weakest team in the group, but it would be foolish to get overly-confident and assume the three points are a guarantee. As has been pointed out by a few supporters here and there, this will be their first home game in the Champions League ever, against the European Champions, and their fans will surely be up for it and driving their team on.
I didn't watch their match against Shakhtar on Matchday 1, but from one account I heard, they didn't play too badly at all and had a few very good chances themselves, against what is a pretty decent team in their own right at a notoriously difficult away ground to play at.

Nevertheless, as long as the lads don't get complacent and we're playing anywhere near our capability, a win should be our's to lose.

All pre- and post-match discussion can be conducted here, and predictions can be posted here, ready to be tallied, recorded, and calculated by the esteemed Kick.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea Empty Re: UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:08 pm

U copy pasted the name in the title right? Very Happy Very Happy right right right? Very Happy There is no way in hell that u typed that Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea Empty Re: UEFA Champions League - FC Nordsjælland vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:42 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:U copy pasted the name in the title right? Very Happy Very Happy right right right? Very Happy There is no way in hell that u typed that Very Happy
Obvs Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:08 am

Should really be 3 points. Hopefully we get to see starts from a few of the fringe players like you said. I'd love VM13 to start Very Happy I think he deserves it.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:40 am

lszanto wrote:Should really be 3 points. Hopefully we get to see starts from a few of the fringe players like you said. I'd love VM13 to start Very Happy I think he deserves it.
Same

What a bargain he's looking to be already.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:41 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
lszanto wrote:Should really be 3 points. Hopefully we get to see starts from a few of the fringe players like you said. I'd love VM13 to start Very Happy I think he deserves it.
Same

Yeah I don't know how he didn't get picked up by pool or some team who really need a winger. He was next to nothing for his quality/age.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:48 am

lszanto wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Same

Yeah I don't know how he didn't get picked up by pool or some team who really need a winger. He was next to nothing for his quality/age.
Plus homegrown. You really couldn't go wrong.

Just happy he ended up with us though Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:49 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
lszanto wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Same

Plus homegrown. You really couldn't go wrong.

Just happy he ended up with us though Laughing

Yeah I was against the transfer at first(still wanted Hulk) but couldn't be happier with him, is a great lad and bursting with talent. And actually tracks back from his wing(wonderfully against Stoke).
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 am

anyone know when Marin is going to be fit again?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:11 am

fatman123 wrote:anyone know when Marin is going to be fit again?

Fairly sure he's fit, he played against Wolves didn't he?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:53 am

yeah, Marin is mostly fit, I would expect him to start. Maybe something like this?
Cech
Azpilicueta Cahill Terry Cole
Romeu Lampard
Moses Oscar Marin
Sturridge/Torres

should be a win for us though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:55 am

No Sturridge from what I can find, not due back from his injury till the 6th of October.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 am

ah, shame really.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:55 pm

I just want Piazon to start... I wouldn't mind if we give some other striker a chance, if there are any listed in UEFA by chelsea.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:59 am

I imagine Bamford and Feruz are probably listed in our second side but I doubt they will get game time.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:21 am

lszanto wrote:No Sturridge from what I can find, not due back from his injury till the 6th of October.

if Torres starts in the CL he'd have played four games in 2 weeks which would mean hed be due for a rest, so fingers crossed sturidge is fit for norwich
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 am

fatman123 wrote:
lszanto wrote:No Sturridge from what I can find, not due back from his injury till the 6th of October.

if Torres starts in the CL he'd have played four games in 2 weeks which would mean hed be due for a rest, so fingers crossed sturidge is fit for norwich

Moses striker Twisted Evil
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 am

I could see us playing with Hazard as a false 9. Perhaps with Moses as a striker too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Lineup:
Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, David Luiz, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; Moses, Oscar, Mata; Torres.

Subs: Turnbull, Terry, Azpilicueta, Bertrand, Mikel, Romeu, Hazard.

Would have preferred more youngsters/fringe players starting, i.e Romeu, Azpilicueta but oh well Sad

Moses starts! Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Marin is being ostracized Sad
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:43 pm

FFS why no Azpil or Romeu Evil or Very Mad

RDM pisses me off sometimes.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Marin Sad

Azpilicueta Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Well done RDM ffs, look where Mata has to go to pick up the god damn ball. Neither Rambo or Lampard are showing for the ball, Romeu would have been PERFECT.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Romeu Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Don't get it, why not play youngsters who want to prove themselves?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next