BarrileteCosmico
Onyx
McAgger
The Messiah
the xcx
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Young girl appointed as head coach of a Men football team in Croatia - Page 2 Empty Re: Young girl appointed as head coach of a Men football team in Croatia

Post by Donuts Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:23 am

If Christina can play so can women managers.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Young girl appointed as head coach of a Men football team in Croatia - Page 2 Empty Re: Young girl appointed as head coach of a Men football team in Croatia

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:28 am

lol joined Facebook 14 hours ago. Has 11k followers/likes/fans. Bunch of horny football fans Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:38 am

Arquitecto wrote:What a joke of a decision to be honest. Women already make sub-par managers from what I've seen in Women's football I can't imagine how this will turn out.
So you consider Tina Theune or Silvia Neid bad coaches?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:51 am

The amount of sexism going around here is astounding. Go home and read some Foucault or continue watching Mad Men while dreaming of a past world where things were in a proper order...
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:52 am

halamadrid2 wrote:but she is not Catalan wont that throw you of eco smile

No worries, when she marries me, she can get catalan nationality ( I expect we will already be independent when we get married). We are a country of mixtures. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:57 am

It's surprising that someone from Pakistan has to give lessons of gender equality. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 am

free_cat wrote:It's surprising that someone from Pakistan has to give lessons of gender equality. Very Happy
Pakistan is one of the countries that even did have a female prime minister for a while (sadly she was later assassinated), so in some ways Pakistan already was more advanced than certain other countries.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:21 am

chinomaster182 wrote:

But no, lets continue to tap the well of White conservative 40 to 60 year old ex-players, European strongly wanted, blacks need not apply.

so clubs in a predominantly white continent hire mostly local coaches... shocking

do you go similarly menstrual about the lack of white coaches in nigeria or cameroon?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:36 am

rwo power wrote:
free_cat wrote:It's surprising that someone from Pakistan has to give lessons of gender equality. Very Happy
Pakistan is one of the countries that even did have a female prime minister for a while (sadly she was later assassinated), so in some ways Pakistan already was more advanced than certain other countries.

Haha this made me lol.

But yeah... wtf at some of the opinions on here...Only reason I'm thinking its a weird decision is because she's so young, but if its a 5th Div team then that could be normal.

The fact that she's a woman should not make any of you think she'll be a bad coach... wtf are you on about. Women's football may be inferior because of physique differences. Managing is in the mind and so she is just as likely to be an excellent coach. Good luck to her, I'm sure there will be more.

As for third issue... These players are hell lucky Very Happy
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:37 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Haha this made me lol.

But yeah... wtf at some of the opinions on here...Only reason I'm thinking its a weird decision is because she's so young, but if its a 5th Div team then that could be normal.

The fact that she's a woman should not make any of you think she'll be a bad coach... wtf are you on about. Women's football may be inferior because of physique differences. Managing is in the mind and so she is just as likely to be an excellent coach. Good luck to her, I'm sure there will be more.

As for third issue... These players are hell lucky Very Happy

pretty sure Benazir Bhutto was not assassinated because she was a woman (not that you're implying that)
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:05 am

She could be talented and experienced but that wont matter, because all that would be overlooked by his gorgeous looks. GL tho :bow:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:19 am

che wrote:
chinomaster182 wrote:

But no, lets continue to tap the well of White conservative 40 to 60 year old ex-players, European strongly wanted, blacks need not apply.

so clubs in a predominantly white continent hire mostly local coaches... shocking

do you go similarly menstrual about the lack of white coaches in nigeria or cameroon?

oh you totally got me.... Except the part where you think how black players are totally over represented in football. Black people are only 2% of Englands population but there is 7 black players in Chelsea first team, many black players have already retired.

How many black ex-players are managers in Europes top 5 leagues??? How about.. None??

I especially checked Bundesliga and Ligue 1, absolutely no manager there challenged my profile. White, European, 40-60 year old, Ex-player. And then you wonder why the league recycles managers, there can only be so many people qualified from that specific pool of talent.

Samuel Eto'o, Ashley Young, Michael Essien, Ashley Cole, Alex Chamberlain, Jermain Defoe, Danny Welbeck, Patrice Evra, Gael Clichy, Florent Malouda, Jerome Boateng, Mario Balotelli, Gregory Van der Wiel, Nigel de Jong, Nani, Dani Alves, , Didier Drogba, Vincent Kompany, Emmanuel Adebayor, Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba, Marcelo...

These are some of the best players this generation, i didn't even pick all black players, i just chose the best and i can still go on for quite a while. Theres is dozens of black players in the highest level of football. How many have become managers really???

I can only think of Rijkaard, and even then he was presented as Dutch and an ex legend to put aside he's black, how many really have become managers and had great long careers?

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 am

There is an obvious bias towards white middle-aged european managers, I agree with chinomaster.

Barça, again, more than a Club for being the only top club having a (semi) black manager for a long period.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am

She will get no respect from players etc. it's just the way it is.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:42 am

chinomaster182 wrote:

I especially checked Bundesliga and Ligue 1, absolutely no manager there challenged my profile. White, European, 40-60 year old, Ex-player. And then you wonder why the league recycles managers, there can only be so many people qualified from that specific pool of talent.

so? why do you think top companies recycle ceos and managers? because they're afraid of taking the risk of hiring someone without a proven track record

Samuel Eto'o, Ashley Young, Michael Essien, Ashley Cole, Alex Chamberlain, Jermain Defoe, Danny Welbeck, Patrice Evra, Gael Clichy, Florent Malouda, Jerome Boateng, Mario Balotelli, Gregory Van der Wiel, Nigel de Jong, Nani, Dani Alves, , Didier Drogba, Vincent Kompany, Emmanuel Adebayor, Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba, Marcelo...

These are some of the best players this generation, i didn't even pick all black players, i just chose the best and i can still go on for quite a while. Theres is dozens of black players in the highest level of football. How many have become managers really???

so your question is how many current black players have become managers? well none, you got me there

I can only think of Rijkaard, and even then he was presented as Dutch and an ex legend to put aside he's black, how many really have become managers and had great long careers?

name 5 european black players who played in the 80s/early 90s and would be in the best coaching years of their career at the moment... go ahead

europe has been historically white, the influx of immigrants is only relatively recent so obviously not very many local black players have become managers... though the likes of gullit, rijkaard and ince have

if you really wanna get into it, how many players, in general, get to be high profile managers? i'm just gonna hazard a guess that it's not that many, and if 10% of all players want to get into coaching (especially now that tv pundit is considered a legitimate career), 10% of a minority is obviously going to be a lot fewer people than 10% of an overwhelming majority, as was the case in europe until very recently

tl,dr: there were not too many black players in europe when the current generation of coaches were active players... wait a decade and i'm fully confident the situation will change
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:I especially checked Bundesliga and Ligue 1, absolutely no manager there challenged my profile. White, European, 40-60 year old, Ex-player. And then you wonder why the league recycles managers, there can only be so many people qualified from that specific pool of talent.
Well, in the Bundesliga you might notice that we have only German speaking coaches as that is usually the requirement here. Thus is is always difficult for coaches who don't speak any German to get a foot onto the ground here.

I'm not sure there are many qualified black coaches around who are fluent in German, so it might take a while until there will be one in the Bundesliga.

BTW, I checked the coaches, too - we have 16 German coaches in the BL plus one Dutch and one Swiss. In the 2nd Bundesliga we have 15 German, 1 Dutch, 1 Austrian and one Spanish coach, although the Spanish guy was actually born in Germany. Here's the list:
Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:31 pm

name 5 european black players who played in the 80s/early 90s and would be in the best coaching years of their career at the moment... go ahead

Only counting England internationals there have been more than 30 that meet your requirements
http://www.englandfootballonline.com/TeamBlack/PlyrsBlckMtchUsage/PlyrsBlack.html
http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2008/05/30/the-occluded-history-of-black-footballers-in-britain/
"In this article courtesy of New African Football magazine, Phil Vasili (author of Colouring Over the White Line: The History of Black Footballers in Britain and The First Black Footballer), shows us that the movement of footballers from Africa to Europe is far from a new phenomenon."

Lets look at some more colorful phrases and example:

Trevor Phillips, head of Britain's Comission for Equalities and Human rights said: "Loads of black players on the field and none in the dugout."

Former black England international Luther Blisset applied for 22 jobs as manager in the 1990s. He did not get a single interview. "I feel a British black managing a premiership team could be a very long way off." Unfortunately he was right, only until 2008 did Blackburn give Ince a chance.

John Barnes, black Ex England international who barely had a chance managing Celtic and Tranmere Rovers said "I believe the situation for black managers is like it was for black players back in the 1970s."

It should also be noted British economist Stefan Symanzsky statically proved in the book Soccernomics, that teams like Everton and Livepool discriminated against black players in the 1970s and 80s...

We can go on and on guys, Black players are not new, in the 1990s they were over 10% of all players in England and now they are over 20%, yet you can still count with the fingers in your hands the number of black managers, it gets even harder when you try to think of successful ones.

But again, we live in a reality where the French football federation held a meeting to try and discriminate against black kids . Where John Terry and Luis Suarez have been accused as racists. Where Mario Balotelli felt he had to leave his home country because his own home fans racially discriminated him. Where Zlatan Ibrahimovic gets shouted "Gypsy", even (sometimes especially) by Swedish fans.

And finally, we live in a world where the first women gets to manage a mens team and she gets sexist jokes and predictions on how she will obviously fail.

You can immorally stick your head in the sand and pretend nothings going on, Football is fantastic as is and devoid from all lifes shortcomings, or you can recognize whats going on and start to try and make the world a fairer and better place.

I know which side i'm on.

Edit.
I forgot to be equal and show Racism in La Liga, here's Samuel Eto'o explaining how "We can't wait until a black player gets killed"
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SPORT/football/06/13/etoo.interview/index.html

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 pm

By the way, talking of black persons in administrative positions in football - in Germany, Steffi Jones works as a football administrator for the DFB (German FA) and she was in charge of organizing the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany:

Young girl appointed as head coach of a Men football team in Croatia - Page 2 Steffi10

So even though she doesn't hold a coaching badge yet, she still is quite an important person in the FA here. She is currently studying to obtain her coaching license at the German Sport University Cologne, though.

Pity this is German only, but here she talks in an interview about women coaching men in football, too: http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/dfb-team/0908/Artikel/steffi-jones-interview-frauen-em-europameisterschaft-finnland-deutschland-wm-ok.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:56 am

Good luck to her. It's surely a PR stunt, but it takes some gall to make a step like that.

We're already seeing women as club presidents and referees in men's matches now so it was only inevitable that we were going to see them coach men's teams as well. If she's good enough, she'll justify her selection.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 am

I thought she was young. scratch :decieved:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 am

Intelligence-wise a woman can of course do the same job as men as a manager.

The big question is whether she gets respect or not. She's stunning, the players will be talking about her, you know, how men talk about women. But if she does a good job and the players don't act like donkeys, it should be all right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:18 pm

I definately won't be able to take her seriously. Call it what you want. All I'd want to do is demolish her and when she is screaming at the team all i would be thinking is "I have the weirdest boner"

Sad but true. Get a munter as a manager.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:28 pm

What Jives said Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Young girl appointed as head coach of a Men football team in Croatia - Page 2 Richard-keys-smash-it
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:24 pm

It is all about results. If she gets the results, then no reason why any player would not listen to her. If any player still acts out like Jibers, she could bench his ass the whole season.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Well as some of you said, it's prolly juz a Sunday league...
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next