What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

+41
nichabr
M99
Uncanny
Kamikaze692
white_star
stront96
VivaStPauli
Kick
Valkyrja
EarlyPrototype
Firenze
Kaladin
7amood11
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Soul
Le Samourai
bazinga
vizkosity
spanky
Madvillain
Lupi
urbaNRoots
juvefan4life
ramzzm
Amar
Art Morte
RebaƱo Sagrado
Highburied
RED
CBarca
Blue Barrett
Thimmy
LeSwagg James
Dutti
RealGunner
FalcaoPunch
TalkingReckless
Lex
pUsHa
Onyx
45 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:46 am

Xperia SX is only available in Japan. No

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Post by Lex Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:47 am

Ok crunch time, folks, i'n due an upgrade

Galaxy SIII or One X?

I'm leaning towards the One X.......what say y'all?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:53 am

GS3 or wait a few months 1080p screen phones are about to hit the market
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 am

Negative. Dropped my phone in the bathroom and it clipped the goddamn toilet bowl on the way down. It's dead and i need a new phone ASAP

Doesn't the S3 have one mono speaker? That's a giant turn off right there. Then again, I do like that you can add a memory card
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:48 pm

S3 is probably the best phone out there atm although One X is nearly as good too.

Read this

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-vs-htc-one-x-in-interface-off-50009298/

http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/review/2184581/htc-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3-head-head-review
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:07 pm

One X is 5.29 inches in terms of height, while Galaxy S3 is 5.38 inches. No

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:22 am

Why so specific mt? Laughing

My sis has the S3, I think it's great.. Except that it doesn't play flash videos, wtf is up with that though? I went on worldstarhiphop.com and couldn't watch anything..

The Internet is all about the videos IMO..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:32 am

hmm new bb will come soon hmm what im a bb fan
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:08 am

Swagg wrote:Why so specific mt? Laughing

My sis has the S3, I think it's great.. Except that it doesn't play flash videos, wtf is up with that though? I went on worldstarhiphop.com and couldn't watch anything..

The Internet is all about the videos IMO..

ICS+ doesn't support flash anymore, i don't think Apple does either but there are many ways of enabling it with custom rom

And Adobe has stopped updating flash, everyone is moving to HTML5
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Ics+? Will html5 allow people to watch videos on websites and stuff?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Yep
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 am

Ahh well at least for some that enjoy Android vs Apple debates else will cross Flash of their list.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 am

In case anyone was wondering, i got the One X Very Happy

32gb
2000 minutes
5000 texts
unlimited data <------this was the deal sealer
free handset

Ā£34 a month with 3G

T-mobile wanted Ā£41 for the same deal WITHOUT unlimted data AND Ā£50 for the handset :facepalm:

I simply chuckled at the sales advisor and walked out
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:52 am

Swagg wrote:My sis has the S3, I think it's great.. Except that it doesn't play flash videos
Looks like I avoided a potential disaster. Flash is my life.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:16 am

Lex wrote:
Swagg wrote:My sis has the S3, I think it's great.. Except that it doesn't play flash videos

Me too, but it was mentioned earlier that HTML5 will take over so I guess it will be able to watch videos..

I'm playing around with a galaxy note 2 ATM and it can play those flash videos that the S3 couldn't.. Dafuq is going on? Why not make them do the same shit?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:19 am

Swagg wrote:
Lex wrote:

Me too, but it was mentioned earlier that HTML5 will take over so I guess it will be able to watch videos..

I'm playing around with a galaxy note 2 ATM and it can play those flash videos that the S3 couldn't.. Dafuq is going on? Why not make them do the same shit?

Your Note 2 probably has ICS (4.0), Android and Adobe stopped supporting starting Jelly Bean (4.1)
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:54 am

Actually the Note has Jelly Bean and the S3 has ICS tongue
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Sony has a new flagship coming out in March and it's awesome. 5 Inch screen with a whopping 1920x1080 pixels. Also it looks stunning, seems to be made out of premium materials (eat that Samsung and your plastic crap) as can be expected from Sony and... it is dirt- and waterproof. It can go for a 30 minute dive (no deeper than 1 meter) and everything will be A-OK. 1,5 GHz Quadcore processor, 13 megapixel camera with HDR pics and video. I realize this looks like I work for Sony but this thing has got me hyped as *bleep*.

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 4 Sony-Xperia-Z-official

Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:33 pm

It's 5.47 inches long. No

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:42 pm

More than anything you've ever had in your pants? :coffee:
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:10 pm

Premium materials? Like titanium and stuff? Shocked
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:13 pm

Also, how can there be a time limit on its water proofing? What are the dynamics behind that? Are there an army of ants inside it that can only hold the rubber sealing in place for 30 minutes before their arms get tired and fatigue?

I'm so confused Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 pm

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 4 Pet

Haha not sure about titanium, but there is rumoured to be Dragontrail glass on the front and back (which is supposedly quite a bit stronger than Gorilla glass) and the sides appear to be made out of some sort of metal. If you've held and used a Sony Xperia phone before you know what it feels and looks like. I've got a Xperia P right now and I love that build quality. One of the outstanding features along with the Sony skin for Android. Sony was always behind with the insides of the phone, mainly with regards to shear power, but it appears they are trying to set that straight with this device.

With regards to the time limit I am unsure. I'm no physicist but I guess it could have to do with a pressure build-up thing (the microphones of the phone are still exposed obviously as they can't cover those up with flaps). Anyway, it's not like you're ever going to keep it underwater for long periods of time but it's nice that when someone drops a pint over your phone you can just go and wash the beer off. Or if you wan't to check out some youtube video's or do some whatsapping in the tub, you don't have to worry about dropping your phone in there.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Lex wrote:Also, how can there be a time limit on its water proofing? What are the dynamics behind that? Are there an army of ants inside it that can only hold the rubber sealing in place for 30 minutes before their arms get tired and fatigue?

I'm so confused Sad

im just guessing here but it could be due to corrosion if it is really going to be made from metal

or

it has a small exposed area that allows a slow leakage.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:43 am

urbaNRoots wrote:What's everyone's opinion on Samsung GS3? Better, worse... just as good?

it's alright, very overrated though. I personally think it's okay. I wanted a nexus 4 but they ran out so quickly
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 am

I hate Samsung's touchwiz, but the original Android UI on the Nexus phones is just top notch. I own a Nexus, and it's much more fun to use than an iPhone.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next