What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

+41
nichabr
M99
Uncanny
Kamikaze692
white_star
stront96
VivaStPauli
Kick
Valkyrja
EarlyPrototype
Firenze
Kaladin
7amood11
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Soul
Le Samourai
bazinga
vizkosity
spanky
Madvillain
Lupi
urbaNRoots
juvefan4life
ramzzm
Amar
Art Morte
Rebaño Sagrado
Highburied
RED
CBarca
Blue Barrett
Thimmy
LeSwagg James
Dutti
RealGunner
FalcaoPunch
TalkingReckless
Lex
pUsHa
Onyx
45 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Post by RED Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 am

I have got the Galaxy note 2. by far>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the Iphone 5. No contest. Like holding a mini laptop in your pocket...powerful beast of a phone/tablet!

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:09 am

How heavy is it? Is it heavier than the Iphone? Also does it have 1080p HD recording? Hopefully it does. Then it will be a phone to consider. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:51 am

Its as light as the iphone, which is impressive considering its size. And yes, it has 1080p recording and playback.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:24 am

Its funny how Samsung users hate on iPhone just because they couldnt afford the latter.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:25 pm

highburied wrote:Its funny how Samsung users hate on iPhone just because they couldnt afford the latter.

umm they cost the same amount.... especially if your on contract
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:38 pm

highburied wrote:Its funny how Samsung users hate on iPhone just because they couldnt afford the latter.

lolwut? G note 2 is like £530.

No one is hating on the iphone here.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 am

lolwut?

Iphone 5 16g $799AUD
Samsung GN2 16g $839AUD
Samsung GS34G 16g $799AUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 am

Best phone for T mobile?

No I dea what to get...
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Best phone for T mobile?

No I dea what to get...

Note 2. Unlimited text, Unlimited mins and Unlimited data. They have some good deals for the Note 2. Go for that phone, you wont regret it. Best smartphone ever imo.

Coming froman apple fan who has owned a 4s and has used an iphone 5 in the store. The G Note 2 blows both of them out the water. It is kinda big though (albeit brilliant for media, web browsing and taking pics), if that is an issue for you, go for the smaller, but less powerful specs (the GS3).

G Note 2 tho'>>>
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:37 pm

I don't know what weight of the phone has got to do with it's overall quality. As long as it doesn't weight in excess of half a kilo. It's the 3D size of it that makes you notice it in your pocket or not.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:15 pm

GS3, one of the best purchases I have ever made :bow:
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:43 am

Just curious...

Does memory size matter to most of you?

I find that 16GB on a smartphone is plenty for me.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Dutti wrote:Just curious...

Does memory size matter to most of you?

I find that 16GB on a smartphone is plenty for me.

16g with a 32g card is good enough for me as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:26 pm

As long as the memory size can be upgraded, then that's alright imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm

16gb is enough for as most of my stuff is on the cloud and everywhere i go there is Wifi or my data plan
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:04 am

About to buy a HTC phone. Any advice on the best one to have?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ramzzm Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 am

Barrettinator wrote:About to buy a HTC phone. Any advice on the best one to have?

I have a HTC raider and its a very good phone. Though there are better HTC phones out there. You should have a look at the HTC One X. It was released in May. Pretty decent phone I would say. Other that, S3 is a good phone. I wouldn't suggest the Note 2 since it's a very big phone.

Also to answer someone's question about the video quality comparison between 720p and 1080p, it makes a difference if you are watching the video on a bigger screen. Other than that, watching the video on the phone won't show you any difference.

ramzzm
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:21 am

wait a while the new nexus phone is about to come at the end of the month, it might be pretty good

but atm One x and GS3 are the best phones
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:51 am

Another nexus?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:55 am

a new nexus comes out every year just like the Iphone, but isn't supposed to be high profile because it's a platform for Google to show new upgrades to Android. we will probably see a new version of Andriod
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvefan4life Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Has to weigh the same or less than iPhone 5 - Under 112 grams.

I would go with nexus 4, from google the 16 gb version costs 350$ and it is quad core 1.5 GHz with 2 gb of ram,
you can even buy 2 nexus 4 with the same amount of money you spend on an iphone 5 which isnt necessary at all.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_8gb&feature=microsite

here are the specs!!!

juvefan4life
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 am

I find it funny how Samsung owners always make it sound like Samsung and brand x that's not an Iphone, are the best phones on the market - because they say so Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:35 am

I think casual people tend to think iPhones are the best smartphones out there since it's 'iPhone' and they have to be the best. However there's phones way cheaper out there that are as good if not better than the iPhone.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 am

What's everyone's opinion on Samsung GS3? Better, worse... just as good?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Features wise they both look similar, however Galaxy S3 is around 5.38 inches tall, which is way too long imo.

The maximum height I'd consider for a smartphone is around 4.75 inches.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:46 am

Xperia SX is only available in Japan. No

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next