Mr Nick09
Kuru
the xcx
halamadrid2
Onyx
50 posters

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Zealous wrote:Nacho has potential to be better than fine though because in defence he is very solid. I've always been a believer in having guys like Arbeloa in a squad, guys that are no nonsense and keep the squad grounded. Basically guys who know what they can and can't do. I'm not saying we should sell them but keeping them around is worthwhile. You can't have 22 elite guys in a squad lol
Sure, nacho can get better, but he is a defender by nature. he has a long way to go to become a two way fullback. i dont see how it would hurt not having Arbeloa around honestly. If by keeping Nacho around you mean with Castilla, then no worries. Arbeloa high spirit wont help the team when he is unable to put one decent cross in. It's not about getting superstars, just finding players who have abilities. If you could sign Hugo Mallo at RB with Carv, and say Coentrao with marcelo at LB, i think you have better fullbacks already.

As for CM I said it already, it's 4 guys competing for 2 positions with a 5th guy in J. Rod playing in the matches that don't really matter to make sure everyone is rested. Xabi is more than good enough for one more year with us and we can then sign another midfielder after next season. Xabi/Gundogan/Khedira/Modric/J Rod sounds very good to me and I think the focus of the team will be on the attack anyway so the midfield will hopefully not have to do the heavy lifting.
it's a year too early for JRod, he can focus on Castilla and could be around when Alonso moves on. My feeling is simply that, if Khedira is out, you dont have a physical presence in the midfield anymore. that's how i look at it. and someone should seriously be put in contention with Khedira, it's not normal he gets to start "unchallenged" for a fourth year running. Bring another 8, maybe kondogbia, a lot more skilled, physical, willing to learn and compete, and we have a better midfield with proper depth. That's the one area of the squad we shouldnt f*ck with. We need quality and depth. Gundi starts, Khedira competes with kondogbia/newCM, Alonso is the chaperon, and Modric is there for tactical surprises or 3 man mid. Modric can also back up Ozil at n10 as i said earlier.

Attack would be CF/CF/Ronaldo/Ozil/Isco/Morata/Jese/Di Maria. 8 players for 4 positions and seeing as how most of these guys play multiple positions I think the attack will look very strong next season if we stick to something like this.
I just think introducing 2 cantera boys in attack is too much. Maybe one per line, but not two in the same line. That's why i said chose between both. i know Morata has been around this year already, but still, even for back up, it's a bit much.

@Sports, Gundogan and Pogba, good god, let me wank

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 16 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Onyx Fri May 03, 2013 4:32 pm

This is highly unlikely, however journalist Alfred Duro told Punto Pelota that there's people who are working on an exchange, that would see Casillas and Valdes swap clubs.

http://www.defensacentral.com/realmadridfichajes/web/noticia/i-4143/-se-ha-puesto-en-marcha-un-trueque-casillas-valdes-

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:This is highly unlikely, however journalist Alfred Duro told Punto Pelota that there's people who are working on an exchange, that would see Casillas and Valdes swap clubs.

http://www.defensacentral.com/realmadridfichajes/web/noticia/i-4143/-se-ha-puesto-en-marcha-un-trueque-casillas-valdes-
If that happened, i'd seriously consider boycotting Madrid until Flo left.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 03, 2013 4:43 pm

I might actually stop watching football if that happens. Not just Real Madrid but football. That would be beyond moronic. Truthfully, that is good reason to commit manslaughter towards anyone involved in that supposed deal...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri May 03, 2013 4:46 pm

It may sound bit harsh but it is the truth. How peeps can say ''our midfield is fine as it is'' is beyond me.

Dont you see Khedira starting here with out any kind of competition? He has ball technique of a Center Back and peeps are fine with him as a Midfielder? wtf has Real Madrid standard become? We should definitely search for a better option/competition.

Xabi is finished defensively. He can no longer has the legs to defend one on one and never can be left alone ,which is why our double pivot in big games is usually rigid.Khedira is too scared to leave Xabi alone...not that Khedira going forward adds anything to the team btw..he is crap going forward.

We should address our Midfield collectively though.My first priority will be of course both players should complement each other defensively and offensively.

a Modric-Javi Martinez duo would have been marvelous. Javi plays as a deep midfielder ( he can do that) and Modric as play maker.

Second priority is that both players should be pretty good on the ball.Klopp said after the Real Madrid tie in the group stage.

“If you block Xabi, you make it so Pepe always has the ball. That is a big difference.”[i]

The big difference in our second leg performance was that there was no Pepe and Khedira in our starting line up. Instead we had Modric ,so even when they closed down Xabi Alonso we had another forward out let in Modric.

Im not saying play Xabi-Modric in big games (or any games) but rather pointing out that having a Midfielder who can fking control a ball can do alot
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Adit wrote:It may sound bit harsh but it is the truth. How peeps can say ''our midfield is fine as it is'' is beyond me.

Dont you see Khedira starting here with out any kind of competition? He has ball technique of a Center Back and peeps are fine with him as a Midfielder? wtf has Real Madrid standard become? We should definitely search for a better option/competition.

Xabi is finished defensively. He can no longer has the legs to defend one on one and never can be left alone ,which is why our double pivot in big games is usually rigid.Khedira is too scared to leave Xabi alone...not that Khedira going forward adds anything to the team btw..he is crap going forward.

We should address our Midfield collectively though.My first priority will be of course both players should complement each other defensively and offensively.

a Modric-Javi Martinez duo would have been marvelous. Javi plays as a deep midfielder ( he can do that) and Modric as play maker.

Second priority is that both players should be pretty good on the ball.Klopp said after the Real Madrid tie in the group stage.

“If you block Xabi, you make it so Pepe always has the ball. That is a big difference.”[i]

The big difference in our second leg performance was that there was no Pepe and Khedira in our starting line up. Instead we had Modric ,so even when they closed down Xabi Alonso we had another forward out let in Modric.

Im not saying play Xabi-Modric in big games (or any games) but rather pointing out that having a Midfielder who can fking control a ball can do alot

That's a telling quote to me - If Ramos was in the centre in the first leg the entire dynamic of the game would have changed. Not just defensively (IMO goals 2 and 3 would have been prevented for sure) but as an attacking unit it's important for Xabi to a have a backward passing option and it's important for that backward passing option to be able to act as an auxiliary distributor.

Pepe doesn't do either. He doesn't know how and when to come and help him - and even if he had the power of timing he doesn't know who to pass it to. Varane can pass it - but he doesn't like to come up - and that's fair - it's an important element of his defensive game.

As for the rest. I don't think Modric fits us. Not one bit. He takes 5-6 seconds on the ball when he should be taking 2. He spends time looking for the right pass only to see it disappear due to his indecision. Every single attacker on our team wants the ball played early....something Modric rarely does. It's obvious why he was bought, because Mourinhio thought he could just throw him on and have him dominate a game when teams used PTB or defensive tactics against us. Their are better and more suitable midfielders to run the team....and I think we're looking to purchase one.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri May 03, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri May 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Just dont see why we are soo insistent on buying kongulbia dude, he is like pepe in midfield. No technique, just fast like pepe, exactly same haphazard like balance like pepe, bad passer, but he is a lefty instead of righty, thats the only difference.

I would rather us have casimero who looks much better, more like alonso type.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Kondogbia has no technique? bad balance? bad passer rofl another player you have never watched supermag
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 03, 2013 5:09 pm

It's interesting because Varane was playing up in his first start with France NT... Sakho was the one to sit further back. Rafa did really well too. I think Mou positions players more than the players position themselves. But i know for a fact that Varane can do it because i've seen it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:This is highly unlikely, however journalist Alfred Duro told Punto Pelota that there's people who are working on an exchange, that would see Casillas and Valdes swap clubs.

wtf am I reading....

Reading this gave me a mix of disgust/hilarity lmao
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 03, 2013 5:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:
So you'd have Gundogan, Kondogbia, Khedira and Modric. To me, that's an almost perfect foursome because Kondogbia at least has no problem being a sub and learning his first year.

I'd be very happy with that. Although losing Xabi would sort of suck.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Mag, Kondo has technique. It's Sevilla, I know, not as good as watching La Real or Betis but everything you wrote on him is wrong. He is nothing like Pepe. He is a raw piece of talent and no one would certainly hype him as a saviour to our midfield issues but let's not make up stuff on him...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Mou's Presser today

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/03/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1367578053.html

Some gems:

"The truth is I should have brought Diego Lopez in a while ago, probably right after my first season here."

He was asked about Casillas and said this.

"The problems exist when one person thinks he is above the rest. For the players who see themselves as equals with their teammates, there are no problems."
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri May 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Zealous wrote:

wtf am I reading....

Reading this gave me a mix of disgust/hilarity lmao

This is merely a tupid attempt to sell some papers given Mou's comments today.

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/03/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1367578053.html

Some gems:

"The truth is I should have brought Diego Lopez in a while ago, probably right after my first season here."

He was asked about Casillas and said this.

"The problems exist when one person thinks he is above the rest. For the players who see themselves as equals with their teammates, there are no problems."

What ridiculous comments.

Two grown men, acting like that. :facepalm:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri May 03, 2013 5:36 pm

lol i watched like 4 games of him, yes that might not sound much, but doesnt mean i was wrong, a few points higher then pepe in technique doesnt mean good technique, and he definitely has bad balance, its quite obvious. Nothing special in passing departmen. His best attribute is his pace.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri May 03, 2013 5:39 pm

He's not being straightforward regarding Iker, why he just doesn't tell us the whole story. coming with something vague like "He see himself above others" won't cut it.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri May 03, 2013 5:39 pm

SuperMAG wrote:lol i watched like 4 games of him, yes that might not sound much, but doesnt mean i was wrong, a few points higher then pepe in technique doesnt mean good technique, and he definitely has bad balance, its quite obvious. Nothing special in passing departmen. His best attribute is his pace.

But that's not true about him. Not true at all really.

I'm not completely sold on him like the rest might be but I know that he is a lot better than you are describing.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 03, 2013 5:41 pm

izzy wrote:

Two? There's only the only one.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri May 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
izzy wrote:

No way.
I'm not giving Iker a pass in this.
Mou is the bigger douche for sure in this, but with the way the two have behaved, not able to keep things 'in-house', leaking crap, taking shots etc. It's disgusting.

I'm on Iker's side, always have been the minute Mou tried fcking with him, doesn't mean i'm pleased with his role in this nonsense.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Mag you're still writing untruths about Kondo. 4 games isn't a healthy amount of games to get a detailed analyses on, well, anyone for that matter...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 03, 2013 5:48 pm

As for those two Izzy mentioned, from the other forum:

I'm not gonna put it past Casillas having a primadonna sort of ego but at the same time, a man like Casillas pretty much demands a certain level of respect. A bit like Animal Farm, all players are equal, some are more equal than others.

Mourinho is the bigger ass but let's not pretend Iker has been clean of all issues. He isn't pulling a Pontius Pilate on us...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 03, 2013 5:51 pm

izzy wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
izzy wrote:

No way.
Mou is the bigger douche for sure in this, but with the way the two have behaved, not able to keep things 'in-house', leaking crap, taking shots etc. It's disgusting.

I'm on Iker's side, always have been the minute Mou tried fcking with him, doesn't mean i'm pleased with his role in this nonsense.

The leaking stuff is Iker's role right?. I don't know he did that. They might be completely fabricated for all I know - it certainly isn't below Marca. It's happened every season I can remember - so it's difficult to tell what's real and whats not. I choose to give Iker the benefit of the doubt. I agree with both you and Doc - I don't think he's blameless in the conflict - but I think he's the last person who's made it open.

Officially - to me - Iker has been pretty cordial. Ramos was the one who went after Mou on one occasion. Mou has pretty much made the press his premier avenue for taking shots at his own players while he's been here.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri May 03, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 03, 2013 5:52 pm

SuperMAG wrote:lol i watched like 4 games of him, yes that might not sound much, but doesnt mean i was wrong, a few points higher then pepe in technique doesnt mean good technique, and he definitely has bad balance, its quite obvious. Nothing special in passing departmen. His best attribute is his pace.
that's bs, you have never "watched" him, otherwise you wouldnt make such silly comments. a few points higher in balance? playing video games again uh?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri May 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Le Samourai wrote:The leaking stuff is Iker's role right?. I don't know he did that. They might be completely fabricated for all I know - it certainly isn't below Marca. It's happened every season I can remember - so it's difficult to tell what's real and whats not. I choose to give Iker the benefit of the doubt. I agree with both you and Doc - I don't think he's blameless in the conflict - but I think he's the last person who's made it open.

Officially - to me - Iker has been pretty cordial. Ramos was the one who went after Mou on one occasion. Mou has pretty much made the press his premier avenue for taking shots at his own players while he's been here.

You see, this right here is what annoys me at times about you and Sports, regarding tabloids and inside info (And to an extent what annoyed me about Crimson).

You can't decide to listen and fully back the news or info you find on certain players you like (Benz and Iker) and give full credence and credibility to it if it reports what you want to hear. Of course we don't know for sure if he leaked anything, but we don't know if he didn't.

I agree, I'm willing to give Iker the benefit of the doubt because he is a model professional, but i'm not going to lie, I found myself question Iker and wondering what the hell was going with him this season more than before.

It disappoints that I even had to think that, but as much as a douche Mou can be, I don't think this was as one sided as it is made out to be.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
izzy wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

No way.

The leaking stuff is Iker's role right?. I don't know he did that. They might be completely fabricated for all I know - it certainly isn't below Marca. It's happened every season I can remember - so it's difficult to tell what's real and whats not. I choose to give Iker the benefit of the doubt. I agree with both you and Doc - I don't think he's blameless in the conflict - but I think he's the last person who's made it open.

And yet Ramos seems OK with Jose after it's all been said and done.

Frankly I don't like how Iker handled all of this. Ramos at least put the team ahead of everything else and he has grown so much in my eyes because of it. Mou was never going to stay forever but what was going to stay was how Iker acted as captain, I don't think he did it well.

Thank god for Lopez though he at least made sure this didn't hurt us on the pitch as much as it could have.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Iker and Ramos' beef with Mou is that he throws players under the bus in the media and was generally rude towards Spain and La Liga. They were also very good friends with Valdano and didn't appreciate how that went down.

Mou's beef with Ramos and Iker is that they are outside his authority. He's a dictator that rules by absolute authority. There was a big article in France when Makelele retired and he explained how, at Chelsea, everyone understood that they had to back up Mou no matter what and that players resented his scapegoat tactics in times of difficulty.

It's not that complicated. It's a political struggle. You can choose whichever side you prefer and i choose which side i prefer.

And Izzy... i don't get annoyed with differing opinions. For example, Zealous and i go at it every now and then because we stand on different sides of the fence regarding certain players. But in the end, i respect him and i hope he respects me. I feel the same way about Josh, Nick, Babun and others. I also respected Crimson before it got personal for some reason. That's what message boards are about: People who have a similar interest get together to talk. Whatever information i offer can be accepted or ignored. I could care less whether you or anyone likes it or not. In the end, i only share it because it's relevant and interesting to discuss to me and it seems to others. If you have anything worthwhile to talk about, feel free to share too. Maybe you'll even start a discussion...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next