Eman
urbaNRoots
Babun
jibers
Blue Barrett
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award - Page 2 Empty Re: Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:44 am

Ronaldo deserved it more but congratz anyhow

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award - Page 2 Empty Re: Andres Iniesta wins European Player of the Year Award

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:48 am

When Balon D'or is only based on a few games during world cups, why should this award be any different?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:15 am

Apparently the Spanish media rep was from Marca and he chose Ronaldo Laughing
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:17 am

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/uefa-best-player-award/season=2012/index.html

Spain's representative was from Marca and voted for Cristiano... but Marca was at the same time one of the loudest critics of Xavi and Iniesta been shunned from the 2010 Ballon D'Or that was given to Messi. I guess we know where their allegiance is Rolling Eyes
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:35 am

Fair imo. He was clearly the best player at euro 12 which he won, he had the best performance out of all last seasons el classicos, he scored in the champions league semi final as well as having a good tournament throughout, and he was the best player in the copa del rey final last season that barcelona won. All in all i think he deserved it more than a pair of stat padders who love scoring pointless goals in pointless games.....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:46 am

Messi deserved it for what he did in the last season. voting closed 1 month ago i think EURO did its job here. If they voted now Messi would win it with ease

Iniesta's skills deserve ballon dor but not his season. But i'm really happy that Iniesta finally won an individual prize. Its good that his skills finally got its award
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:All in all i think he deserved it more than a pair of stat padders who love scoring pointless goals in pointless games.....
You don't have to belittle Messi and CR7 to credit Iniesta. They scored important goals in important games, and the small games are the ones that win leagues. Messi basically carried the entire team throughout la liga, without his goals Barca would've been 6th in La Liga just to give you an idea of how important he was for us.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 am

I dont call scoring a lot of goals carrying the team. Yes he was the only forward in great form but the rest of the team was still great. To me, finishers have become overrated these days. Messi and ronaldo are scoring ridiculous amounts of goals thanks to the creativity in their teams, its gotten to the point where they are practically walking the ball into the net at times. The creative maestros (iniesta being one of them) have been stuck in the background while these two guys whore up all the glory, when messi was injured last year did barca lose? no, they won, who scored the goals? iniesta, although i dont remember what team it was against now. Although i do think overall messi is a better player he doesnt deserve the award on how many goals he scored. End of the day iniesta had the most GOAT performances last season in important games than anyone else. And people underrate his la liga form
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:39 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:http://www.uefa.com/uefa/uefa-best-player-award/season=2012/index.html

Spain's representative was from Marca and voted for Cristiano... but Marca was at the same time one of the loudest critics of Xavi and Iniesta been shunned from the 2010 Ballon D'Or that was given to Messi. I guess we know where their allegiance is Rolling Eyes

Well, to be fair, in 2010 Xavi recieving it would not be outragous.

Iniesta however, due to his inconsistency and injuries in the league, winning it is idiotic. Both CR and Messi deserved it way more. I don't blame Marca for being fair.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:All in all i think he deserved it more than a pair of stat padders who love scoring pointless goals in pointless games.....
You don't have to belittle Messi and CR7 to credit Iniesta. They scored important goals in important games, and the small games are the ones that win leagues. Messi basically carried the entire team throughout la liga, without his goals Barca would've been 6th in La Liga just to give you an idea of how important he was for us.
he is just mad he doesnt even care about iniesta
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ă–MARz Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:04 am

lol what a joke.

Ă–MARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:09 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:I dont call scoring a lot of goals carrying the team. Yes he was the only forward in great form but the rest of the team was still great. To me, finishers have become overrated these days. Messi and ronaldo are scoring ridiculous amounts of goals thanks to the creativity in their teams, its gotten to the point where they are practically walking the ball into the net at times. The creative maestros (iniesta being one of them) have been stuck in the background while these two guys whore up all the glory, when messi was injured last year did barca lose? no, they won, who scored the goals? iniesta, although i dont remember what team it was against now. Although i do think overall messi is a better player he doesnt deserve the award on how many goals he scored. End of the day iniesta had the most GOAT performances last season in important games than anyone else. And people underrate his la liga form
Messi didn't deserve the award because he scored more goals, he deserved the award because he played better, was more consistent and more influential. When Messi was in-form Barca won, when Messi was tired from being over-played Barca drew or lost. It's really that simple.

I'm not saying Iniesta didn't deserve it, and if you look through my past history you'll find that I'm very agreeable to him getting it, but you don't need to make Messi look bad just to make Iniesta look better. You claim that he's scoring ridiculous amounts of goals due to the efforts of others, yet around half his goals were his individual creation. He placed an enviable amount of assists and displayed and arguably better passing skill and range on a consistent basis than Iniesta.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:42 am

congrats to him, but I think Pirlo should've won this award
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:53 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Albiceleste on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:32 pm

Is this the Bolon 'dor?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:36 pm

How the hell did Ronaldo deserve this award? Iniesta didn't though as he didn't perform with Barca. Ronaldo was average in Euro's and didn't score as many goals as Messi did.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:59 pm

Ronaldo was shit in the first couple Euro games, and was great after that up until he didn't step up for the penalty and Portugal was eliminated by Spain. He scored a shitload of goals in La Liga but remember he didn't perform vs Barca up until the last of the clasicos..

Messi was the best player in La Liga throughout the season, but failed to provide that spark vs Chelsea and wasn't able to drag Barca through the tie. He scores a ton of goals every year of course because he's the best player in the world and because he's Barca's main attacking source..

Pirlo came to a new team with a new coach, after a sh|tty, injury plagued season, and was the brains behind everything great that Juve achieved. His brilliance brought Juve back to the top of Serie A again, not to mention that he was also by far Italy's best player in the Euros, and put on a masterclass display vs England. He was also one of the few Italian players who played a good game in the final. Prandelli's game-plan vs Spain backfired and everything went wrong for them, but that doesn't change the fact that Pirlo was brilliant.

Those voters can say whatever they want, it doesn't mean they are correct. For me, Andrea Pirlo would win this award this time around without a second thought.. We all know that this award has lost all credibility. For me the last straw was when Wesley Sneijder didn't win it in 2010, that was completely unjust, kind of like this year.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:02 pm

Please don't turn this into another Ronald-Messi/Madrid-Barca pissing contest. I'd hate to have to lock the thread and warn/ban people.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 pm

screw the boring ronaldo / messi crap , and grats to iniesta but screw him too

Pirlo :bow: the real Balon D'or
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Don't understand the calls for Pirlo... his team was demolished by Spain in a match where Iniesta was motm.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Iniesta was man of tournament in the final Xavi was MOTM.
But anyways if Messi doesn't take it then Iniesta will do Razz the look in Ronaldo's face was filled with butthurt.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:23 pm

Donuts wrote:Iniesta was man of tournament in the final Xavi was MOTM.
But anyways if Messi doesn't take it then Iniesta will do Razz the look in Ronaldo's face was filled with butthurt.

Simply because he didn't deserve it though neither did Iniesta. Ronaldo is such an all about me person.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:03 am

The Sanchez wrote:How the hell did Ronaldo deserve this award? Iniesta didn't though as he didn't perform with Barca. Ronaldo was average in Euro's and didn't score as many goals as Messi did.

wait what???

then why did Missi win it the year before??? he didn't score as many goals as Ronaldo then did he???

Ronaldo was the best player in the world last season how hard is it to deal with that??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Messi didn't deserve the award because he scored more goals, he deserved the award because he played better, was more consistent and more influential. When Messi was in-form Barca won, when Messi was tired from being over-played Barca drew or lost. It's really that simple.

Did barca lose because messi was tired? he was tired against madrid and chelsea, and then suddenly he goes on a rampage to the end of the season? thats a pretty short recovery time to go from overplayed and tired to dominating again. If he was tired, then he should be getting subbed off when the game is over as a contest, but instead he continued to play 90 minutes every game, which was his own choice i think, so he couldnt have been that tired

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
You claim that he's scoring ridiculous amounts of goals due to the efforts of others, yet around half his goals were his individual creation. He placed an enviable amount of assists and displayed and arguably better passing skill and range on a consistent basis than Iniesta.

I just watched a video of all his barca goas last season and only about 16 were not clear scoring opportunities set up by teammates, so i think you exagerrated a bit.
Ronaldo has a lot of assists as well, its a symptom of playing as a forward in a high scoring team, it doesnt mean he is a better passer than someone who had less assists that played in the build up rather than in the final part of the play. Im not going to lie and say he wasnt more consistent, he obviously was, but thats it imo, iniesta had the best individual performances i watched last season, in the euros, in the copa final, and some la liga games as well when he was on top form including the 3-1 win for barca at madrids ground, i didnt see such a level of individual performance from anyone else last season. There are some areas in which, imo, iniesta actually is the best in the world at. He definately has the best touch imo, and when on form i think he is the best short-range dribbler in tight areas as well, and he is probably the most clutch player in the world. I guess this is a bit reminicent of zidane, there are players that score more goals, who are more complete, and more effective in a quantitative sense, but the beauty and refinement in his play when he is at his top form is unmatched currently
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:34 am

jibers wrote:
Clockwork Orange wrote:a very good player and was the stand out individual in the European chamionship. Being Dutch, I am naturally torn between the system and the individual. I think awards should have some sentimental value to them. He desereved at least one award in his career. At the end of the day, everyone would believe that the player they choose is the best. It's nice to be able to show these things to your children.

Real Madrid supporters will say Ronaldo deserved it, Barcelona fans will say Messi deserved it, these journalists believed Iniesta deserved it. Just enjoy.

it's post like these that make me lose faith in humanity

Excuse me? You seem to be so against this award. Are you a Capital supporter? I suspect your outrage stems from the fact that your team was outplayed by Barcelona not once, but twice. Accept it and move on. If you want a vote, go and become a journalist instead of getting so heated up. Does an award that is given out to millionaires really rattle you that much? If it does, I suspect that something in your life is missing. Please, just calm down and stop getting emotionally involved in matters are of no concern to you or your club. Rather, it would probably be best if you worried about your team.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:39 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Messi didn't deserve the award because he scored more goals, he deserved the award because he played better, was more consistent and more influential. When Messi was in-form Barca won, when Messi was tired from being over-played Barca drew or lost. It's really that simple.

Did barca lose because messi was tired? he was tired against madrid and chelsea, and then suddenly he goes on a rampage to the end of the season? thats a pretty short recovery time to go from overplayed and tired to dominating again. If he was tired, then he should be getting subbed off when the game is over as a contest, but instead he continued to play 90 minutes every game, which was his own choice i think, so he couldnt have been that tired

So true :bow:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next