Senor Penguin
Die Borussen
Potential
37 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Messi cant take FK - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi cant take FK

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:whats all this nonsense about him hitting the posts? "he would score x amount of free kicks if he wasnt unlucky"

u guys serious? lol, any great free kicker will hit the post numerous times, but they dont settle for being "unlucky"

im now waiting for jiopsi to make a bad luck chart for messi Laughing

Agreed.

Hitting post is not just luck when it is repeated over and over again.

Plus chipping the ball over the wall just for GK to make an easy save is as poor as kicking it over the bar.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:55 pm

tbh hitting the post consistently is certainly better than hitting the wall/sending it into the stands :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:56 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:ronaldo's fk to fk goal ratio has been awful since about his first season at madrid i would say.

while i dont think you could ever say messi was poor at fks he just doesnt or hasnt scored as many but i bet his ratio is better than ronaldos.

which is why ronaldo should let other players take some fk's ffs

I have been saying this for a couple seasons now and the post I quoted emphasizes my point even more.

Especially vs Barcelona Ronaldo is poor at free kicks and I think it's because he takes way to many from too far of a distance. I actually think it's Mourinho's fault and not Ronaldo as if you ask any good player they will tell you they can make it and want to take it but all Mou is doing is massaging Ronaldo's ego.

We (Barcelona) have a team full of midgets and it's even worse with a back line of Alves, Alba, Mascherano, and Pique or Puyol take your pick, basically not having Abidal anymore.

When Madrid have free kicks they should be whipping them in the box as we are awful at defending corners and free kicks and MAdrid have a team full of giants compared to us and Ronaldo should be in the box trying to get on the end of them as he is a great header of the ball.

I laugh every time I see Ronaldo square up in his pose from distances of 25-40 yards out because the chances are so slim of him making it especially with the way he takes them, he's not even aiming at anything he just wants to hit the best knuckleball he can and it usually ends up in the 10th row nowhere near the goal when he and the rest of Madrid's team should be exploiting by far our biggest weakness which is set piece defense.

We (Barcelona) could have the best tactical plan in the history of football to defend against free kicks and corners but we just don't have the personel to execute it plus we have a jumpy keeper who does bad in those situations as well but he sure is good at watching Ronaldo's free kicks sail over his crossbar.

Sorry for the rant but it's just so obvious that it shocks me that Mou keeps letting it go on.

As for Messi this is what I love about him. He generally picks out a part of his game that is weak and works on it. When he was young it was staying healthy so he got together with the trainers and doctors at Barcelona and figured out a routine way to live his life, train and even his diet to keep him on the field and since then he has been one of the healthiest players in the world while also being one of the smallest and taking the most abuse.

Then he started to work on playing through the middle instead of being a winger and he performs that role better then anyone now and IMO his switch there has brought us 2 CL trophies and countess others.

After that he worked on his passing and is one of the best passers in the final third of the field in the world and his vision is amazing.

And after that he worked on his free kicks. He used to suck at taking free kicks but now he is dead on accurate with them.

I also appreciate the way he takes him as he doesn't use the Ronaldo/Ibra style of taking them the knuckleball approach I guess you can call it, he uses the old school method of bending it and not going for power every time.

I believe in the long run it's way more effective and accurate then the other approach as I would say Messi is up there with the best freekick takers in the world not to mention he hits them in big spots (against Madrid down an man when we were getting destroyed, against Atletico last year with 2-3 minutes remaining to get points from the game, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other times.)

He still has some work to do if he wants to be considered the best currently as there are players who have been doing it for longer then he has but he just incorporated it into his game about 2 1/2 years ago.

HE also takes way less then some other players as when there from a long distance he will let Dani Alves take it and from certain angles Xavi takes them.

And this is not a Messi vs Ronaldo thing as people forget some of the other brilliant freekick takers out there as well.

As of right now I would rank Santi Cazorla as the best and most consistent free kick taker in the world. Arsenal just needs to learn to let him take all of them. Not to mention I consider whipping the ball into the box just as important where Xavi is a master just like Cazorla and both are better then MEssi at that aspect.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Xavi is not a great freekick taker. I know he has scored some close range freekicks with spain and Barca but his freekick technique isnt consistent enough. He basically chips it over the wall with out much curve or pace which only works in close reange.

Cazorla on the other hand is a goat freekick taker and a eagle out side the box.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Cazorla the best FK taker. Laughing

I hate this forum
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Gil wrote:Cazorla the best FK taker. Laughing

I hate this forum

He was the best in La liga with out a doubt..

not just that,he was the best long range shooter in La liga too.

Last edited by Adit on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:07 pm

I hate this forum

Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:First it was pens, now it's FK's, next it'll be headers. :coffee:
He is a great header. but people will recognize it after he scores against R.madrid
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:55 pm

I hate this forum

You see, if you watched leagues outside of the EPL you would know these kind of things.

I know you just found out who Santi was about a month ago when he signed for Arsenal so it might be hard for you to understand these kind of things.

But just hang in there and you'll learn about the thousands of other players who play in the world.

You know there are even leagues and whole continents who play outside of Europe too, I'll stop there though this is probably too much for you to take in at once.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Adit wrote:Xavi is not a great freekick taker. I know he has scored some close range freekicks with spain and Barca but his freekick technique isnt consistent enough. He basically chips it over the wall with out much curve or pace which only works in close reange.

Cazorla on the other hand is a goat freekick taker and a eagle out side the box.

I never said Xavi was a great free kick taker all though he is very close. I said in my post I though that whipping the ball in the box from free kick positions is just as important a skill as being able to score from them and IMO no one Matches Xavi at that.

As he usually has like 1 or 2 people to aim for in our team full of midgets and he basically hits them every time.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Batigoal Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
Adit wrote:Xavi is not a great freekick taker. I know he has scored some close range freekicks with spain and Barca but his freekick technique isnt consistent enough. He basically chips it over the wall with out much curve or pace which only works in close reange.

I never said Xavi was a great free kick taker all though he is very close. I said in my post I though that whipping the ball in the box from free kick positions is just as important a skill as being able to score from them and IMO no one Matches Xavi at that.

As he usually has like 1 or 2 people to aim for in our team full of midgets and he basically hits them every time.

IMO Pirlo is way better than Xavi at whipping the ball in the box from free kick positions !!
Batigoal
Batigoal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

https://facebook.com/tarik.az

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
You see, if you watched leagues outside of the EPL you would know these kind of things.

I know you just found out who Santi was about a month ago when he signed for Arsenal so it might be hard for you to understand these kind of things.

But just hang in there and you'll learn about the thousands of other players who play in the world.

You know there are even leagues and whole continents who play outside of Europe too, I'll stop there though this is probably too much for you to take in at once.

lol, most pretentious "thinks he knows it all" post ever? hmm
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

lol, most pretentious "thinks he knows it all" post ever? hmm
How? In recent posts Gil definitely looks like he sees any games outside EPL, not counting clasico's etc.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:25 pm

talking about dnmac4 constantly bragging about how much football he watches and how he can name every footballer in the world and tell us all their date of birth ect, and looking down on anyone who isnt a world football encyclopedia, particualarly hates english football for some reason. Who cares if gil doesnt watch 3rd division la liga matches?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:talking about dnmac4 constantly bragging about how much football he watches and how he can name every footballer in the world and tell us all their date of birth ect, and looking down on anyone who isnt a world football encyclopedia, particualarly hates english football for some reason. Who cares if gil doesnt watch 3rd division la liga matches?
The post never said anything of 3rd division just outside of EPL..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:

I hate this forum

You really don't know much about Gil do you? Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Donuts wrote:The post never said anything of 3rd division just outside of EPL..

Who cares if he watches outside the epl? you can see everything on youtube now :coffee:
i could literally probably find all cazorlas free kicks in 5 minutes
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:50 pm

and from Youtube we can conclude Robinho is the greatest dribbler ever too

people who rarely watched Cazorla now questioning some ones opinion about him Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:56 pm

billionmillion wrote:He is a great header. but people will recognize it after he scores against R.madrid

He hasn't got balls to go into the penalty box to head a ball because the giant animal Epep will take out his head eco smile

Nah but seriously, he has some poor headers, sure the ball hits his head but the guy still manages to miss from point blank its kind of embarrassing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:03 pm

lets be honest, most people here get their info from youtube, they dont spend every day watching various matches from different leagues, and i wouldnt expect them to
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:lets be honest, most people here get their info from youtube, they dont spend every day watching various matches from different leagues, and i wouldnt expect them to
I don't judge players based on youtube videos, so me talking about Maradona would be unfair considering I only saw youtube video, same with Pele etc so It shouldn't apply to todays footballers either.
There is a video on Heskey that would make him appear the best in the world.. Heskey cmon now.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:54 pm

How about watching a match on youtube? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:How about watching a match on youtube? hmm
I would quit watching it half way having to find all the parts, if you wanna watch old games just download them, youtube should only really be used as a reference not a debate changer lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:talking about dnmac4 constantly bragging about how much football he watches and how he can name every footballer in the world and tell us all their date of birth ect, and looking down on anyone who isnt a world football encyclopedia, particualarly hates english football for some reason. Who cares if gil doesnt watch 3rd division la liga matches?

It's one thing to "LOL" at Cazorla being the best freekick taker in the world, it's quite another to do it and have no opinion of your own on who is or any reason why he isn't the best free kick taker.

It stinks of never seeing him play outside maybe 1 or 2 games he's played at Arsenal.

And yes I think it's pathetic that a big percentage a EPL fans don't watch other leagues and even brag about it and then when players get to there league there suddenly good like they never had a career before that and there on everyone's sig or avatar on here.

And BTW I don't hate the EPL nor have I ever said that and in fact I watch it every weekend it's on.

It's very entertaining but it's entertaining because of the lack of time teams can actually keep the ball and they have big good athletes who specialize in being big and running fast and not on technical skills so it turns into a fast paced type of game where goals can be scored at any minute and leads go away easier then any other league not to mention the tons of late goals being scored in the last 10 minutes do to all those factors.

Add the stadium enviornments and you have a very entertaining product, but don't confuse that with having a ton of great footballers. That's why I think there is a massive gap in talent between La Liga and the EPL and it's why players like Mata, Silva, Michu, Torres (when he got there), Alonso, Cazorla, Arteta, (and those are just some of the spanish ones)etc etc come in and look like super men because they can keep the ball find passing lanes score and dictate play from all over the field.

I mean it's the same reason most of the teams in Italy and Spain are made up of Italians and Spanish players and the lack of English players in the EPL is shocking in comparison because they don't have the same skills. Not to mention the fact that you have famous English announcers who obviously know nothing about any other leagues saying things like Barcelona couldn't beat Stoke in the rain and tons of people agreeing with him and another English announcer who hosts "The Football Show" twice a week not having any clue who Iker Munian is.

It's one thing not to watch a league it's quite another to come on here and brag about it or put it down every time people talk about it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:whats all this nonsense about him hitting the posts? "he would score x amount of free kicks if he wasnt unlucky"

u guys serious? lol, any great free kicker will hit the post numerous times, but they dont settle for being "unlucky"

im now waiting for jiopsi to make a bad luck chart for messi Laughing

No one said he was unlucky, just hitting the target or the frame of the goal is a sign of a good free kick taker.

Juninho, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo etc etc all missed plenty of free kicks but they almost always either hit the frame of the goal, scored or made the keeper work and that is a sign of a good free kick taker.

Being consistently close is what it's important, no one even scores half of thier free kicks but if your consistently close then your a good free kick taker IMO.

Messi has shown in the last year or so that he's just that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:02 pm

I dont agree completely. Like i said hitting on the frame consistently means little in judging a good freekick taker. I bet Xavi has a better numbers of freekicks shot at the frame than Juninho because he always chips it over the wall just for GK to make a weak save.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next